The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deb and Bernadette, have fun today at the beach!

gif16.gif

So DH and I were chatting about airfare (which is now up to $388 for non-stop on American). I looked at SW and their fares aren't too bad - $200 round trip with one stop but no changing planes. So then I looked at a room at Pop for December. And then I called and booked a room at Pop in December.:rolleyes1 So we might be going to WDW in December after all! Pop is only $74 with a AAA discount. Last year the AP rate was only $4 better and there weren't any rooms at Pop with AP, so that part is all set. Airfare and MVMCP tickets are pending. Oh, and DH needs to see if he can get someone to cover a day for him. If it all pulls together we will fly out Dec. 12 and come home Dec. 16.:cool1:
:banana: If you go we will be able to meet! :banana:

That is, if I go too. :rolleyes:

Hi everyone...Lucy and I are home from the hospital,we got discharged around 5:30pm. :woohoo: I am so happy to be home. I tried to post earlier but kept getting interrupted.

Can I ask you all send some good vibes Lucy's way. She failed her hearing test this afternoon. The nurse said that I shouldn't be too worried as it is pretty common but until I speak to her pediatrician it's hard not too. Her ped did see her this morning and gave her a clean bill of health, but Lucy wasn't tested yet as they have to be 24 hrs old. So I'm curious to see what she says. We have a follow up test in 3 weeks.

Thanks everyone for the compliments!!:goodvibes The girl's were very excited to meet her yesterday.

Janet and Jennifer- You and your families are in my thoughts and prayers over the next few days. And please don't feel bad about posting, it's what makes us a family and I wouldn't have it any other way. We share the happy, sad and all the little things in between.

Paula- Bethie has some :wizard: headed her way for Thursday. Here's a :hug: for you.

Sending out :hug:'s and :wizard: to all. I will check back in when I can but know that I'm thinking about you!

I am off of here, Lucy just finished eating and Eric put her down for bed. Night DDA!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: Prayers and lot of PD for Lucy. Keep us posted, please, Robyn. I hope she sleeps good for you.

I gotta get moving. I hope everyone has a great holiday!

:rotfl2: That's good to know!
I did tell DH that if the fares drop we can get credit back, but if we hate SW I don't think we will be very happy with credit! I do think if we just do carry ons (even though I will have chest pain with just carry ons ;) ) and we don't have to change planes we should have a pretty good experience. Of course we have always had non-stop flights so the stopping might get to me.
Why wouldn't you at least check your bags on the way down? Let ME handle your bags. You could have a carryon with all you need for the first night if you're going late. You could mail a box of dirty laundry home.;)

Isn't that funny? Jonathan and I went to the 12/15 party last year as well, but were pleasantly surprised at the crowds - we were expecting them to be much worse. (We went the prior year on a Tues. night in early Dec., so that was our only point of reference.) We ate at LTT prior to the party, saw regular Wishes, the 'Twas the Night Before Xmas Show, did a lot of the rides, saw Holiday Wishes, the 2nd parade, and the final castle stage show. I can remember even doing a good amount of shopping, as we had some down time. And we actually sat down to enjoy our cookies and hot chocolate! :goodvibes

I hope you guys have a wondeful meet, Bernadette, Deb, and families! :thumbsup2
Well....I think my experience had a lot to do with my travel companions wanting to go back to the CR in time for desserts at concierge.:confused3 I could not go to the 2nd parade because I wanted to be sure that Joe was awake. We ate dinner at CP and did have a great time but we did hit some large crowds-especially after the first parade.

Hey I thought Deb promised to wear a blindfold!!:rotfl:
She never promised.:rotfl:

Thanks to all to all for the Happy wishes for today.

Back to cleaning.:rotfl2:

The weather for today doesn't look too promising for outdoor activities:guilty:

My brother and his wife are coming over later this afternoon for a cookout and then to watch the fireworks tonight. I am not sure if they will go off or not:confused3 . Storms are forecast for later today, so I am sure they will get resceduled at the last minute.

I am not complaining, since we have had little rain this summer. The farmers and my lawn will appreciate it!

Have a happy fourth DDA!

I know that some of you have plans for BBB this summer. I just read this on my AllEars newsletter.
Reservations for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique can now be made by calling 1-407-WDW-DINE at 180 days in advance. The Boutique has now implemented some special rules for all clients, both boys and girls, as follows:

- hair must be freshly clean and brushed out (no tangles)
- hair must be free of all styling aids/products like gels, mousse, hairspray, barrettes, etc.
- fingernails must be clean and free of all nail polish/decals
- child must bring their own brush/comb with them for the Fairy Godmother to use
- scalp must be free and clear of any "conditions" or irritations for the last 30 days

I knew of a couple of these rules, but didn't know that we would have to bring our own brush/comb with us!

So DH and I were chatting about airfare (which is now up to $388 for non-stop on American). I looked at SW and their fares aren't too bad - $200 round trip with one stop but no changing planes. So then I looked at a room at Pop for December. And then I called and booked a room at Pop in December.:rolleyes1 So we might be going to WDW in December after all! Pop is only $74 with a AAA discount. Last year the AP rate was only $4 better and there weren't any rooms at Pop with AP, so that part is all set. Airfare and MVMCP tickets are pending. Oh, and DH needs to see if he can get someone to cover a day for him. If it all pulls together we will fly out Dec. 12 and come home Dec. 16.:cool1:
Hope it all comes together!!

Hi everyone...Lucy and I are home from the hospital,we got discharged around 5:30pm. :woohoo: I am so happy to be home. I tried to post earlier but kept getting interrupted.

Can I ask you all send some good vibes Lucy's way. She failed her hearing test this afternoon. The nurse said that I shouldn't be too worried as it is pretty common but until I speak to her pediatrician it's hard not too. Her ped did see her this morning and gave her a clean bill of health, but Lucy wasn't tested yet as they have to be 24 hrs old. So I'm curious to see what she says. We have a follow up test in 3 weeks.
You got it.:wizard: Glad you are home, hope your first night was a good one.

Thank you all for the hugs.

My Grandmother will have surgery on Aug. 15th to remove the cancer from her liver. So keep her in your prayers please.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

I know that some of you have plans for BBB this summer. I just read this on my AllEars newsletter.
Reservations for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique can now be made by calling 1-407-WDW-DINE at 180 days in advance. The Boutique has now implemented some special rules for all clients, both boys and girls, as follows:

- hair must be freshly clean and brushed out (no tangles)
- hair must be free of all styling aids/products like gels, mousse, hairspray, barrettes, etc.
- fingernails must be clean and free of all nail polish/decals
- child must bring their own brush/comb with them for the Fairy Godmother to use
- scalp must be free and clear of any "conditions" or irritations for the last 30 days

I knew of a couple of these rules, but didn't know that we would have to bring our own brush/comb with us!
Thanks for posting this..When I called to make Katie & Sophie's appt for August they told me to bring their own brush (which I thought was weird, but make sense I just have to remember to bring them!!!)

:banana: If you go we will be able to meet! :banana:
That is, if I go too. :rolleyes:

That would be terrific! I hope the plans work for both of us! I just called for ADRs, so now if DH can nail down his schedule we will get serious about airfare and MVMCP. We'll (theoretically) be at MK 12/13, Epcot 12/14 and MGM 12/15.

Why wouldn't you at least check your bags on the way down? Let ME handle your bags. You could have a carryon with all you need for the first night if you're going late. You could mail a box of dirty laundry home.;)

Because it is such a short trip I won't bring that much stuff. We had plenty of stuff with us in Feb, I just didn't have room to bring back very many purchases. The other thing with checking bags is that it slows us down when we get back to the Dallas airport. DH will have to work the next morning so we need to scoot home as soon as we land. Even if I get a non-stop flight we won't check bags.

Happy 4th Elizabeth!!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks, Stephanie! You too!:banana:

12.gif
HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12.gif

This is so cute! I think I will swipe it!

It sounds like the BBB is trying to avoid their own outbreak of lice.:scared: But really, how hard is it to pop a comb into some Barbicide?:confused3 I wonder if they have lots of grimy kids showing up for appointments?

So good to see you, Robyn - I can't believe you guys are already home! :dance3:

Rest well, tonight - tons of :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for Lucy's hearing. Hopefully, it will just be an inconvenient worry for a few days, and nothing more. :hug:

:woohoo:

WOW-you're home quick!

:wizard: for Lucy!:wizard:

Robyn its not uncommon for babies to fail their first hearing screen. Most of the time they still have fluid in their ears. We usually do our follow ups within a few days if they are discharged from the hospital early.

Glad you are doing well and got to come home early.

Welcome home Robyn and Lucy!!! I hope you have a very peaceful first night home!

I'm sending all the prayers and good thoughts your way for Lucy!

Robyn - One of my former charges failed his newborn hearing test. They told his mom if it is noisy in the nursery it is very difficult to get an accurate test. Hopefully Lucy's hearing is just fine!:wizard: I can't believe you guys are home already! Will a home health nurse come check on you? When I had DS I was in the hospital just under 48 hours, then a home health nurse came to follow up with me as well as the lactation consultant.

Welcome home to you both! Prayers that the hearing test was just a false result and that everything is great. Have a wonderful first night home.

Please try not to worry Robyn. :grouphug: Robyn :grouphug:
I'm so happy Lucy is home!! :woohoo: The photos were just beautiful. Think positive. :goodvibes

Robyn I am so happy that you & Lucy are home :woohoo: I am sure Lucy's hearing is fine, but here is some extra :wizard: for her next hearing test. I am so jealous of you, I would love to have a small one to hold & cuddle. I miss the baby smell too! Ok I am weird lol No more babies for me, but I can look forward to grandchildren :goodvibes

This was so nice for you to post, Jennifer. I didn't know this and I bet Robyn didn't either. Thank you. :goodvibes

Robyn - LOTS of PD winging its way northward for you and Lucy.

Listen to her...she's the one in the know!!!

I am glad you all are home!!!

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: Prayers and lot of PD for Lucy. Keep us posted, please, Robyn. I hope she sleeps good for you.

Hope it all comes together!!

You got it.:wizard: Glad you are home, hope your first night was a good one.

:wizard:

Well we survived the first night but I wouldn't say we survived it well! Lucy went down well and then the minute I got to bed she woke up and didn't go back to sleep until 3am. I swear it was a comedy of errors last night with the diaper changes. I won't go into graphic detail but all we could was laugh at how much we forgot in 3 years. :eek:

Thanks Jennifer for the information on the hearing test. It is exactly what my nurse told me so it's reassuring to hear it again from someone I know!! Our appointment at the hospital isn't until July 23rd but I am calling her ped. tomorrow to see if we can get her retested sooner. Thanks for all the pixie dust and good thoughts!

Janet anytime you want to hold and cuddle Lucy feel free to drop in;)

Well we survived the first night but I wouldn't say we survived it well! Lucy went down well and then the minute I got to bed she woke up and didn't go back to sleep until 3am. I swear it was a comedy of errors last night with the diaper changes. I won't go into graphic detail but all we could was laugh at how much we forgot in 3 years. :eek:

Thanks Jennifer for the information on the hearing test. It is exactly what my nurse told me so it's reassuring to hear it again from someone I know!! Our appointment at the hospital isn't until July 23rd but I am calling her ped. tomorrow to see if we can get her retested sooner. Thanks for all the pixie dust and good thoughts!

Janet anytime you want to hold and cuddle Lucy feel free to drop in;)

I am sure your diapering skills will return in no time!:rotfl2: Good luck getting her scheduled for a follow up hearing test!

Love it, Elin! Scraplifting - thanks! :goodvibes

Happy Fourth of July, DDA! I hope you have wonderful, celebratory days planned. Enjoy your freedom today! :goodvibes

It sounds like the BBB is trying to avoid their own outbreak of lice.:scared: But really, how hard is it to pop a comb into some Barbicide?:confused3 I wonder if they have lots of grimy kids showing up for appointments?

I heard all these rules when I booked for my nieces last month, but have also read all over these boards that it's very rare for the Fairy Godmothers-in-Training to actually use the brushes/combs the parents bring - most say they break out a new comb for each kid, and then put it in the girl's bag when they leave. So who knows! :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter