The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all.
I have an announcement to make!!
:dance3: :cheer2: :yay: :woohoo:

After 4 Grandsons. pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:
My 1st Granddaughter make her appearance a little early.
I'm very proud of princess:
Isabell Sarah *******
07/31/07
10:25 P.M (Oregon Time)
7 lbs. 19 3/4 inchs.
Mom & daughter are doing great, no problems.
Pictures to follow.. None yet.

Kool grandma!!!!princess: princess: princess: princess:

Evening all.

Isabell Sarah *******
07/31/07
7 lbs. 19 3/4 inchs.

Jo,
That is so awsome. Congrats to you and the mom.

Hi all...

Here's some pics from the new DVC store that they opened near my house. It was pretty impressive. The models of AKV were gorgeous!!!

I also met my guide in person...a really nice guy.

Here's a few pics that I snapped:

DVC1.jpg

dvc2.jpg

dvc3.jpg

dvc4.jpg

dvc5.jpg

dvc6.jpg

Nice Kristine! I didn't know they had a DVC store! Oh the things you find out on the dis..:disrocks: :disrocks:

When i got home from dinner tonight, there was a big envelope...i opened it up and it was my diplomas!! i feel so official now--i have my diplomas for my early childhood and sociology degrees! But the best part---both diplomas say i graduated with cum laude honors!!!! i didnt get the recognition at the ceremony so figured i missed it by a little bit...BUT I GRADUATED WITH HONORS :) im so excited

Congrats Jen.

Congratulations to mom & welcome to the world Kaylin!

And now for the baby news...

Kaylin Elaine arrived sometime just after 3am this morning. She was 6lbs8oz and I don't know how long. Around midnight things finally started moving a little faster and by the time she finally hit 5cm she progressed fast from there. In the end I guess there was talk about maybe doing a c-section, but luckily that was unnecessary. Thanks for the prayers everyone!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! All of your good wishes worked! The outcome of the issue is in my favor!!!
:woohoo:

Well, I've got the full blown sinus/congestion thing going. I was miserable today at work. I've taken some allergy meds so I hope I unstuff before trying to sleep.
:wizard: Hope you get better soon!

o man, i dont know what it is with us all having this sinus thing going on--ugh!! feel better
:wizard: I only know 1 other person in real life that has a cold/sinus thing but so many of us here.:confused3

night Bernadette,
Hope you get well fast.
Thanks! You too!

So I tried to teach my kids the Rabbit Rabbit thing.....Nicholas got it, but I think it went over Alyssa's head.
I tried it too. It went over Emma's head or as the youngest she already gets her way. ;) Joe said his "rabbit, rabbit" and went to sleep. Lizzy fell asleep before she could choose her wish. She agonized over it for over an hour-worried she would make the wrong wish and never made any. I reminded Joe this morning to say "rabbit, rabbit" before he spoke. He remained quiet for another 15 to 30 minutes and finally said "Mommy, I don't want to say Rabbit, Rabbit. I want to wait until the last day of December and then I'll say it on the first day of 2008." :scared1: My kids are sooooo strange.:rotfl:

Hi all! I was trying to catch up, but haven't made it so far. We spent noon to 9pm on Sat, 1pm to 9:30pm on Sunday and 1pm to 8pm yesterday up at Erin's helping get their house ready for the baby. Between Sat and Sun Dad and Brenden laid hardwood flooring in what is now Erin and Brendan's room while Mom and I painted Kaylin's room. I also washed upwards of 8 loads of laundry for them. Yesterday Kristi and I helped move all of the furniture around and get everything in order. I did another 5 loads of laundry (half just to get the considerable wrinkles out of clean clothes that had been piling in a basket for awhile) as well as hung and folded pretty much every piece of clothing they have. I also sorted Kaylin's clothes and got them in the dresser. In there we also managed to shampoo Kaylin's carpet, unpack and assemble all of the baby gifts and pretty much make for a much more "ready" home for them to come home too. In other words, I am beat! :teeth:

And the big news for the day is that Kaylin is on her way!!! Well, somewhat. ;) Erin went in at 7:30 this morning to be induced and they started her Pitocin around 9:30. I just got off of the phone with Kristi and Erin is still only dialated 3cm. I forgot to ask whether the doctor broke her water when he came in around 6 tonight, but we think that was the plan. Erin was getting her epidural when I called as the pain was starting to worsen. Hopefully, things will speed up soon and there will be some big news when we wake up in the morning.

I'll post pictures when I have them as well as pictures of the baby's room. It is simple, but very cute. She is using Terra's crib and the coloring is perfect with their bedding.

I'll work harder to catch up tomorrow, but for now Terra and I are having a "sleepover" in the living room. If you could send out some speedy delivery (okay, so I sound like Mr. McFeely) vibes for Erin, I know that she would appreciate them. Erin is (self-admittedly) a big baby when it comes to pain and the like so she would be happy if things would just move along quickly and be over with.

Hope all is well!!
WOW!!!!! Erin's lucky to have you! Kaylin is SO cute! Congrats Auntie!!!!

My favorite group, TBA has been replaced for the October trip!!

Oct. 1-3 - FamilyStoneExperience
Oct. 4-7 - Starship featuring Mickey Thomas
Oct. 8-11 - Loverboy
Oct. 12-14 - David Sanborn
Oct. 15-16 - The Beach Boys
Oct. 17-18 - Little Richard
Oct. 19-21 - Three Dog Night
Oct. 22-25 - The Four Tops
Oct. 26-28 - Gloria Gaynor
Oct. 29-Nov. 1 - The S.O.S Band

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
Great line up!!!! We get The Contours and David Sanborn.

Goodnight, DDA - and good morning to our early risers!

It's August (for many of you - you're going to Disney this month! :woohoo: :woohoo: )

For me, it means my month from H E L L is over (and it also means I turn 30 in 25 days :rolleyes: )!
:dumbo: :dumbo: :dumbo:

:eek: Hope you can get it taken care of soon!

So, our water bill was a lot higher than usual so I checked the toilets for leaks and checked the outside spigots, etc. Nothing leaking. Called the water company. Seems that the water leak is coming from the outside and not the inside. The solution? Have a plumber dig up the yard and find the leaky pipe. :eek: :eek: :eek: He said that in the time that we were talking, the pipe leaked 2 gallons of water. :scared1: So, I have to get it fixed pronto. And, I've got to pack for NY and am leaving at 6 am on Friday morning. :headache:

Happy Hump Day!

I see your day has been like mine :sad2:

Um...and now my oven is broken. :mad: I've had nothing but problems with this oven. It's a gas oven and intermittenly, it won't turn over. You lite it....and nothing. So, I go to make dinner...and nothing. :mad: Darn. Now what to do about dinner. :confused:

I can't keep my eyes open, I will catch up tomorrow. Night all!

Good Morning DDA!

I have been up late working on my latest project!

Do you thing Leighanna might have an occasion to wear this?;)

Duckieoutfit001.jpg

It's August!

I get to meet some of my friends!

And,

:dance3: We're going to Disney next month!:dance3:
WOW! How cute!!!

For me it means 25 days till I turn 45 :eek:
It's not so bad!!!

Lindsay & Janet - I am right between you! I'll be 37 on Sunday. I like birthdays. Mostly because I like cake.:rolleyes1

Anne Marie & Bernadette - WE ARE GOING TO WDW THIS MONTH!:banana: :cool1: :cheer2: :dance3:
:scared1: I bettter get packing this weekend so I can relax and enjoy the anticipation.

Thanks, Janet. Now to find the time to work on our trip report. Bob and I have been taking hundreds of pictures and copious notes so we can write one.
Can't wait!

I hope all of you with colds, sinus ick, etc., are feeling better! Jacob is back to normal, and so far so good with Katie. Knock on wood for me, would ya?
Glad to hear Jacob it better and everyone else is good!!!

Um...and now my oven is broken. :mad: I've had nothing but problems with this oven. It's a gas oven and intermittenly, it won't turn over. You lite it....and nothing. So, I go to make dinner...and nothing. :mad: Darn. Now what to do about dinner. :confused:
:scared1: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: Hope your pipe, stove and phone are all problem free soon!!!!!

so for the past 4 yrs tax free weekend has been the first weekend in aug here. So I made sure I was off fri, sat and sun this weekend. Well they changed it tothe 17,18,and 19th of this month. I guess since school is not starting till the 27th here they thought they would move it closer to that.

So I know Glynis and Katie will be out of town but what is everyone elses plans for this weekend.
Our tax free weekend is 11/12. I MUST buy a new matress!!!! Maybe I should go shopping this weekend before the stores are crazy!

I also need to pack!

And...Emma has a pool party so one of us will need to take her. Am I the only one who thinks its crazy to have a pool party for 4 year olds? Lizzy went to a party last Sunday and the invite said to wear a swim suit and bring a towel. I told DH he'd have to stay with her as I was too sick and we knew these parents were a bit loony and no way Lizzy was going to stay there alone. This was a birthday party for the boy who told Lizzy in 1st grade he wanted to kiss her naked bottom. :scared1: He's a twin so they must have invited all the kids from both boys classes. There were 35 kids and only the 2 parents there-no other adults. They rented a dunking machine-you know they kind you sit in (for the kids to sit in) and the other kids threw balls at a target to make the kid in the box to get dumped into the water. :confused3 For 8 year olds????? They also had a huge blow up water slide. Lizzy had a good time and noone was hurt but I've got to say those parents are crazy!!!! They must have good insurance. The mom even said to DH "There's a lot of risk when you rent something like this"

Elin - did you take the picture of the tree on the rocks on 17 Mile Drive? I love your pictures. TFS!

Yes, I did take that picture of the Lone Cypress on 17-Mile Drive. It was SO foggy that we could barely see anything at all and were delighted to get a decent shot of that!

Hope that water leak is found and repaired and you get everything done to get ready for NY, Kim!

This is the first time we have ever seen a partial white one.
SO cool!!! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Evening all.

Isabell Sarah *******
07/31/07
7 lbs. 19 3/4 inchs.
Congrats Grandma!

On a whim I just called and booked breakfast at Ohana for one morning of our August trip. I couldn't believe they had a slot open! I am still on the fence about dinner our first night. We have CP booked, but I am sad that we aren't going to Kona this trip. Hmm.
We are doing OHana breakfast. I went with Lizzy when I was pregnant with Emma. I think DH & the kids will like it. Are you going before the 23rd? You'll have to tell me what you think.

Have you ever eaten at CP? We really love the food and characters there.

Before i forget to tell you--deb called me last night from Disney! They went to Beaches and Cream and did the kitchen sink challenge!! i believe deb said chris finished in ...39 minutes. When i talked to them, they were headed over to the Nemo ride, doing EMH hours at Epcot..Said they are having a blast and said hello to everyone!
:sick:
i think deb said the fastest was NINE minutes!
:sick: :sick: :sick:

When i got home from dinner tonight, there was a big envelope...i opened it up and it was my diplomas!! i feel so official now--i have my diplomas for my early childhood and sociology degrees! But the best part---both diplomas say i graduated with cum laude honors!!!! i didnt get the recognition at the ceremony so figured i missed it by a little bit...BUT I GRADUATED WITH HONORS :) im so excited
:woohoo: Congratulations!!!!

However no, because depending what happens over the next like 2 weeks may change that. I don't think I told you all that my Nana fell last week and broke her neck. They cannot do surgery, she pretty much cannot eat as she no swallow reflex and does not want a feeding tube. Honestly this is already dragging out to this point, as she has been really bad since June when she was in the hospital, before that she wasn't all that well either.
:hug:

And, my cell phone is broke and won't charge because Owen jerked the cord out of it. :lmao: What else are you going to do? DH is so sweet. He's going to take it to the Verizon store and get me a new phone tomorrow even though he's super busy at work. :love:

Tammi, I heard that Hairspray was really good. Have fun! Give your folks my phone number in case they have a problem. I'll be back on Sunday night.

I forget who asked but we're going to New York City to the see the Police concert. Ken got really good seats (like fourth row or something silly like that.) :banana:
What a great guy! My DH dropped his nearly new cell phone in the ocean last year and I had to get it fixed.:rolleyes1

Have a great time at the concert!

10,000 posts Thanks DDA​

Okay and with this post I am headed to bed. I will talk to you all tomorrow night or Sometime on Friday.
Congrats!!!

I'm halfway there and missed it.

Emma went with my aunt and her granddaughter to a miniature horse farm near Gettysburg, PA.

Robyn - when we lived in Gettysburg my Dad took Kathrin and I to that very same Minature Horse Farm! Kathrin had just turned 3; she will be 29 in October! I am so glad it is still there. That day was an eye opener for me.

When we were younger my siblings and I had a chore on Saturday nights of polishing my Dad's shoes for the week. We had to put the paste polish on them and when it was dry we used ths HUGE oval-shaped brush that he used to tell us was the horse brush he used "in the war" which made us laugh hysterically every week.

Fast forward to 1981, and the visit to the miniature horse farm. I am walking around listening to my father tell Kathrin all about these little horses, and horses in general. I asked him how he knew so much about horses since we always thought he hated animals. He looked at me and said, "I was in the infantry in WWII and the Korean War." I said, "OK.... and??" He informed me that in the infantry back then some of the soldiers were mounted on horses! And he really did ride horses "in the war" and loved taking care of them. Imagine my total drop-jawed surprise to finally realize that he had not been kidding!!! :upsidedow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter