The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tia love the new siggy picture. :)

Cute pic!:)

Jen - I am glad your Grandpa is back home.

Denise - I'll be thinking of you guys today!

Chanon - I had a dream that I sent you an iron and a "flat princess decoration". You called to tell me they arrived safely.:confused3 Bizarre.

I wish we were off today, but no such luck! DS is off Friday but I have to work. DH started in his new position this morning. He didn't leave until 4:20, which is a switch for him! He is usually out the door by 2 AM. I left his birthday cards out for him last night so he would have them before work.

OK. Off to see if I can get DS moving! Happy Monday, all!:)

It sounds like we need a lot of good thoughts and :wizard: :wizard: today, so I am sending out a giant dose to everyone!

We are supposed to have school and work but Abi is home with an upset tummy (this one is one that wanted to go to school with a 102 temp last spring so I know she is sick) so I am also home. I don't feel so hot either so it worked out.

Hope everybody has great Mondays!!

Feeling okay just wish she would stay off of my sciatica nerves. I have a sono on friday to check her weight.

Emma used to sit on mine. What a pain.

It's good to hear from you again. I hope things settle down soon as we miss you here.

Has anyone heard from Lynn lately? I've been thinking of her, but haven't seen any posts in ages.

I'm loving that weather report. I hope that it doesn't change, at least not for the worst.

Yellow is Colby's favorite color too, but then he says he likes all colors so I guess I'm safe there.

:wizard: :wizard: :hug: :hug: Hopefully it is nothing serious. Chemo is so hard on the body he may just need some recooperation time.

:hug: :wizard: Hopefully they will make the correct adjustments this time.

robyn are the helicopters still circling?

They were out for about 2 hours. At one point I thought they were gone but they came back. They must have been on the other side of the neighborhood.

Work was really busy tonight. Lots of leaf peepers around and they aren't too thrilled with the lackluster colors this year. My back was hurting by the end of the night, but it seems better now. I am scheduled to work 6 of the next 7 nights. 3 waitress and 3 hostess. At least it is an every other day situation so my back will have a break on hostess nights. Another couple of weeks and business will drop off until the holiday parties. Then we'll all be begging for shifts.

Our trees are just dead here :sad2: Hope you make some great $$$ this week. Take it easy during the day so your back won't hurt too much.

Robyn - That would be awesome! I would love to meet you and Emma! I would love to meet your cousin, too, so make sure you invite him to all of our festivities!:)

I'm sure I could convince him to tag along. He just bought a new condo- he said it was somewhere near the Roundup. I figure I will just stay with him. I sure hope that I can get a deal on airfare because I would love to meet you too!!

Robyn- Hope it was nothing major in your area.

Night all

I just found out from Gail that some nutcase in the neighborhood apparently drove his truck through his house and also over his wife. She is in critical condition. And then someone in the house walked out, I'm guessing through the hole in the house and fell and hurt themselves. They didn't realize the steps were no longer there. I hope they caught him, as this isn't the first time he has done something like this.:sad2:

Tia love the new siggy picture. :)

Me too!! Terra is a cutie.

Morning all---Well, they let grandpa go home last night around 1 or 2am...They determined that it was cardiac but cannot find any other reason so they discharged him..He is going back today for minor surgery to put a shunt in --this was planned for a few weeks..

He may have to do more tests if the pain continues but we still have no clue!

thanks again guys

Im going to head to work early because if i just sit here, ill fall back aslepp hha..

have a great day

:grouphug: and :wizard: Hope the procedure goes well today for your grandpa.

Jen - I am glad your grandpa got some answers last night and hope the shunt relieves some of his distress.

Jennifer - good thoughts for your grandma

Denise - poor Rees and poor rest of you. Lots of luck today with the doctor. I hope some answers and relief are quickly found

Robyn - any news as to what was going on?

See above ;)

I did 7 loads of laundry yesterday. :eek:

Some was summer things being put away for the season, some was fall things being brought out to be worn at some point, and some was travel clothes.

Kristin's room has turned into the Disney Packing Central Headquarters. Both of our suitcases and our carryons are on her bed, waiting to receive their needed items. Packing list is complete and everything that can be packed this early is folded and in piles to be dealt with this morning. Shorts and tops are hung in her normally empty closet so neither of us is tempted to wear any of them. :rotfl:

Ten days from right now we will be boarding our plane! :yay:

7 loads, want to come do mine?

No school today!!!! We have several appointments (eye dr. for me, dentist for Matthew, orthodontist for Laura) and synchro today, though, so I need to get to the grocery store early today.

Have a great day, DDA!

Enjoy your day off, even though it's jammed packed. Good to see you.

Good morning! Still :sick: here!

Leighanna has a two hour delay today, but she still has to go to school.

Good for her to sleep in, bad for me, I lose two hours of sleep. DW will already be at work by the time she gets the bus.

Denise, lots of good thoughts and prayers headed your way!

Hope you kick this sick soon. :wizard:

Chanon - I had a dream that I sent you an iron and a "flat princess decoration". You called to tell me they arrived safely.:confused3 Bizarre.

I wish we were off today, but no such luck! DS is off Friday but I have to work. DH started in his new position this morning. He didn't leave until 4:20, which is a switch for him! He is usually out the door by 2 AM. I left his birthday cards out for him last night so he would have them before work.

It sounds like we need a lot of good thoughts and :wizard: :wizard: today, so I am sending out a giant dose to everyone!

Happy Birthday to your DH!

We are supposed to have school and work but Abi is home with an upset tummy (this one is one that wanted to go to school with a 102 temp last spring so I know she is sick) so I am also home. I don't feel so hot either so it worked out.

Feel better soon, both of you!

Good morning :)

Good morning Janet!

Well that's all I got time for now. I hate Mondays soo much. The boys are always cranky/grumpy/nasty after the weekend away. Drives me :crazy:

So my grandmother was admitted to the hospital this afternoon. Her defibrillator
shocked her several times this morning while she was at church. The bad thing about it is the top part of her heart is what was "Acting up" the defibrillator is only supposed to shock her if it is the bottom half of her heart "Acting up". They will readjust it some time tomorrow. They have done this twice already in the past month.

I hope that the readjustment does the trick! :wizard:

Looking better and better, fellow travelers...

WDWOct2007-1.jpg

I am sooooo very happy to see that weather report. Just hope the love bugs stay away from us!!!!

I was talking to my sister and she says it is really nice right now. She lives in St. Pete, Fla.

Good morning! Still :sick: here!

Leighanna has a two hour delay today, but she still has to go to school.

Good for her to sleep in, bad for me, I lose two hours of sleep. DW will already be at work by the time she gets the bus.

Denise, lots of good thoughts and prayers headed your way!

Tom - lots of liquids and vitamins... have you tried any of the vitamin waters or life waters? Kristin swears that is what got her healthy in time for her show. :hug:

Theresa, I hope you and Abi both get to feeling better! :hug:

Good morning, everyone! Have I been missing much? Anyone care to give me a recap? We are heading home this afternoon, so I'm hoping to be back in VA by 6 PM.

I just found out from Gail that some nutcase in the neighborhood apparently drove his truck through his house and also over his wife. She is in critical condition. And then someone in the house walked out, I'm guessing through the hole in the house and fell and hurt themselves. They didn't realize the steps were no longer there. I hope they caught him, as this isn't the first time he has done something like this.:sad2: YIKES! Let's hope they caught him too! :eek:

Me too!! Terra is a cutie. Me three!! She is growing so much! princess:

7 loads, want to come do mine? Nope :rotfl:

Happy Birthday to your DH! Agreed! Happy Birthday, FritoMan! :cake:

Thanks for letting me hijack your post, Robyn. I hope your day goes better than you are anticipating. :flower3:

Good morning, everyone! Have I been missing much? Anyone care to give me a recap? We are heading home this afternoon, so I'm hoping to be back in VA by 6 PM.

:wave2: Hi, Tammi! Not a whole lot going on, but lots of PD and good thoughts needed in general. I am not good with recaps, so someone else will have to do that one!

Drive safely.

How's the weather in VA, Elin? It's been around 90 here all weekend. I'm ready for coolness!

How's the weather in VA, Elin? It's been around 90 here all weekend. I'm ready for coolness!

Sorry, you are not going to find it here. We are having record-setting heat here too. Come on down!!

Good morning, DDA! How is it only 8:50? I feel like I've been up forever. Rachel wanted me to take her to breakfast before school this morning so we got up a little earlier and went to McDonald's and then I dropped her off. It was nice doing something with just her like we used to when she was little and I was home long before Terra woke up. I may have to start doing that every couple of weeks. I think she still gets a little jealous of Terra since I used to do special things with her all of the time when she was younger (I also didn't live here so it was special for me just to be there visiting).

Now I've got to go get laundry started from Mom and Dad's return before Phil gets home with his tonight. Luckily, I think Mom washed most of their at the condo and only has one load and Phil said that he was going to wash some before he came home. I may get off easy then. Which leads to the best part...

PHIL COMES HOME TONIGHT!!!! He's now been gone for 3 weeks and 3 days. Terra is so excited even though she knows that he gets home so late that they can't play until after work tomorrow. She'll take what she can get though if it means playing with Daddy. That reminds me, I forgot to buy chocolate chips yesterday so that I could make him cookies. Guess we're running to the store later.

Looking better and better, fellow travelers...

WDWOct2007-1.jpg

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Happy Birthday to you DH. I hope his first day with the new job goes well.

:wizard: :wizard: :hug: :grouphug: :grouphug: It seems that much of the DDA and their friends and families can use some pixie dust and prayers. We need everyone to be well again.

Tia That is Great news that Phil will be home tonight. I know that you've both missed him. Any decisions made on moving?

I woke up this morning pretty stiff. I guess I used my back more last night than it would have liked. I think this will be a long week. At least a hot shower and the heating pad have me moving again.

I just placed an order from DisneyShopping. I had to order the jeans that I want in a size larger than I'm wearing, maybe they'll run small, if not I guess I'll be wearing a belt ;) I had to add in a leather Minnie purse and some other items to get the free shipping. :rotfl2:

Tia That is Great news that Phil will be home tonight. I know that you've both missed him. Any decisions made on moving?

No decisions yet. We are waiting for him to get home and settled before we start discussing/searching in earnest. We'll probably start thinking about it in a week or two.

Can I just say that I love Build-a-Bear! What excellent customer service. I called just now to ask about my Fur Stuff Club. I knew that I never received at least one $10 certificate. Since I have no idea where my card is (usually look up by phone number at the store), I have been unable to logon as they changed the site lately and you need your card number the first time you log on. So, the girl pulled up my account and went looking for the missing certificate. Well, apparently I have 3 certificates that were never used. So, she is sending me all 3 ($30 worth) via mail as well as a new card. She also gave me my card number so that I can get on the site. Nothing like found money! Now maybe I know what I'm getting Kassie for Christmas and then the cash I would have spent goes right to me Disney card. Yippee! I just can't believe that they are voluntarily sending me 2 certificates that I hadn't even known were missing and are probably 1-2 years old. They are definitely getting an email of thanks on this one!

Theresa I hope you and Abi feel better fast.:wizard: :wizard:

Edited by the DIS Moderator Team to add:

This is part of the original thread which may be found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=992815 .

For your reading enjoyment, the original may be found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=992815 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter