The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, all. I'm a wreck. Rees seemed better this morning, but had a really bad afternoon/night. John and I were both in tears. So I'm calling the doctor in the am. Thanks for the prayers. They are truly needed at the moment.

Hi, all! I have a very few minutes to pop on here and let you know that I haven't moved to some remote part of the arctic without internet access or fallen into a deep, dark pit.

Life has been so busy around here that I don't get much time to keep up with the DDA. I do think about you a lot, though. It's amazing how many times in a day something will remind me of one (or more) of you.

Things will slow back down again, and I will be back more frequently.

The cross country season is going well for both of my older two. Laura moved up this year to the longer course, since she started high school. She prefers the longer distance. The weather has been wonderful for meets so far, and I hope it can last through the month.

Preschool is going very well. I absolutely love my classes. It just takes so much time to plan and prepare. Don't believe that preschool is ever really a part time job even if that's how the pay works. We have classes only in the mornings, but I never seem to get home right after class. Next year when I have things all set, it should be a little easier.

Synchro has started up, and there are some politics going on, but so far nothing has been a major issue. I think that the head coach has things very much under his control right now, so I hope it can stay that way.

Miles is still swimming and taking gymnastics. He wants to do Cub Scouts, but they meet on a swim day. I think I'll sign him up and work on rank advancement at home as much as I can.

pixiedust: for all that need it!

I need to get dinner started now.

Beth

It's good to hear from you again. I hope things settle down soon as we miss you here.

Has anyone heard from Lynn lately? I've been thinking of her, but haven't seen any posts in ages.

Beth - It was good to hear from you. Pop in when you have a chance. We all definitely understand busy lives!

It is looking pretty good weather-wise for our trip in TEN DAYS...

WDWOct2007.jpg

Let's just hope that those Sunday evening showers are not going to be followed by Monday morning rain too!

I'm loving that weather report. I hope that it doesn't change, at least not for the worst.

Those look wonderful with all one color! Maybe that's what I'll try for ours. Too bad the yellow alone probably wouldn't be dark enough as I know that's Terra's favorite

Yellow is Colby's favorite color too, but then he says he likes all colors so I guess I'm safe there.

Hey guys--i need some prayers--im freaking out!

My grandmother just callled and my grandpa (the one that is sick) is having chest pains and getting rushed to the hospital. They dont know if this is a heart attack, related to the chemo or what...He fell a couple times this week.

My mom and dad are headed to the hospital and i cant go because i was sick all weekend...so im freaked out and just sitting here home alone waiting for info--it will be at least an hour til they even get t here

:wizard: :wizard: :hug: :hug: Hopefully it is nothing serious. Chemo is so hard on the body he may just need some recooperation time.

So my grandmother was admitted to the hospital this afternoon. Her defibrillator
shocked her several times this morning while she was at church. The bad thing about it is the top part of her heart is what was "Acting up" the defibrillator is only supposed to shock her if it is the bottom half of her heart "Acting up". They will readjust it some time tomorrow. They have done this twice already in the past month.

:hug: :wizard: Hopefully they will make the correct adjustments this time.

robyn are the helicopters still circling?

Hi, all. I'm a wreck. Rees seemed better this morning, but had a really bad afternoon/night. John and I were both in tears. So I'm calling the doctor in the am. Thanks for the prayers. They are truly needed at the moment.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Jennifer :wizard: for your grandmother!

Denise I wish there was something I cold do :hug: You are all in my thoughts & prayers :hug:

Denise I am so sorry...prayers winging that way for you and Rees and the rest of the Fig family.

That sounds strangely familiar! Lock your doors & tell your DH to stay INSIDE. (Mine always goes OUTSIDE when there is something going on.)

I hope they get it fixed! I don't think I like the sound of being zapped!:scared1:

So who watched Housewives?

It was sooooo good. The new neighbor is gonna be a handful.

I am watching Brothers and Sisters now.

So my dad just called and they said it doesnt look like anything cardiac with my grandpa's heart...so they are now doing tests to see if its related to the cancer,chemo, or wahtever else....

thanks for keeping him in your prayres

More prayers and :wizard: headed your way. Get some sleep.

That sounds strangely familiar! Lock your doors & tell your DH to stay INSIDE. (Mine always goes OUTSIDE when there is something going on.)

I hope they get it fixed! I don't think I like the sound of being zapped!:scared1:

So who watched Housewives?

I was the one outside! :rotfl: Eric came upstairs, shrugged his shoulders, locked the door & windows, and went to bed.

I talked to my cousin last night, the one in Dallas. He said we are more than welcome to stay with him so if we can swing the airfare, Emma and I will be heading to Dallas in the summer- so hopefully we can plan that Dallas meet!

Denise, :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: I sure hope that the dr.s are able to get to the bottom of Rees' troubles. You're strong so hang in there. :goodvibes :wizard:

Now I'm really off to bed.

Denise, I am so sorry! I hope the Dr. is able to get Rees in first thing. Maybe there is anotehr test or something they can do that will finally give you some answers.:hug:

Oh Denise, my heart is with you. :grouphug:

Work was really busy tonight. Lots of leaf peepers around and they aren't too thrilled with the lackluster colors this year. My back was hurting by the end of the night, but it seems better now. I am scheduled to work 6 of the next 7 nights. 3 waitress and 3 hostess. At least it is an every other day situation so my back will have a break on hostess nights. Another couple of weeks and business will drop off until the holiday parties. Then we'll all be begging for shifts.

Robyn - That would be awesome! I would love to meet you and Emma! I would love to meet your cousin, too, so make sure you invite him to all of our festivities!:)

Well guys, i am going to lay in bed and watch tv til the phone rings ....i have to get up way too early to stay here all night!
Thanks for being there for me tonight...and always

Jen- :wizard: :hug: prayresto you, your family and especially your Grandpa

Jennifer- :hug: :grouphug: :wizard: and prayers to your Grandmother and your family. I hope the doctors can make the correct adjustments so she doesn't have this problem anymore. I have witnessed my Grandma being shocked by her defibrillator and her scared her and me.

Denise- I am so sorry that Rees is worse again. :hug: :wizard: :grouphug: and prayers to your whole family. Do you think it might be smart to take him straight to the ER while the issues are occurring? Whatever you decide good luck. That poor child I hope he gets better soon and the mysterious issues can be solved. I know you and John are strong and will get through this.

Deb- I agree the leaves aren't very colorful. My parents were discussing driving up to Northern PA tomorrow to check out the leaves. I am up North every day for work and I told them to not waste their time as they aren't changed yet or are just going to turn brown.

Robyn- Hope it was nothing major in your area.

Night all

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter