The DDA Trouble Free Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that we have decided to buy into DVC. For 200 points at SSR it will cost $16,600 (thanks Skunka and Marti for the Friends 15% discount). We can finance through Disney for 9.95%. I checked out all our credit cards for any great promo offers. It turns out that we can do a balance transfer to our Disney Card at an interest rate of 3.99% for the life of the balance. It seems like a no brainer. I would initially charge it to Discover and get the 1% cash back (if we charge it directly on the Disney Card it would be the regular interest rate) then transfer the balance to the Disney Card. That would mean that we would need to stop using the Disney Visa as any payment would go to the lowest rate items and the rest would pile up. To remedy that as we always use the Disney Visa and pay it off monthly I decided to apply for one in my name as the first one was in Chris's. This sounds complicated and I'm wondering if there might be anything that I'm missing. Anyone see any drawbacks? 3.99% vs 9.75% is a big savings. I'll also take any advice on purchasing DVC. We have discussed it so much I think we've over thought it. Thanks to Skunka and Tammi for answering so many questions.

Deb

julia & nicks mom said:
Hello Chatty Girls!!!!

Last night we had movie night - Wedding Crashers and then this morning Julia and I had girls day out -

we started with her American Girl Fashion Show Audition - all they did was measure her to see if she is the right size and htey will let us know in two weeks - it has nothing to do with what they look like - just their sizing - so we will have to wait and see - you will all appreciate this =

as we left Julia said -

Mommy, when is the audition -

I told her that was the audition to which she responded -

"that wasn't a very good audition - they didn't even ask me to sing or dance!!" :rotfl:

here is her picture that we turned in for the show:

jukl.jpg

then we went to Don Pablos for lunch - YUMMY and then went shopping -

we are headed out for dinner but I wanted to pop in and say hi!!!

Hope you all are having a great day!!

kate

I've never seen a bad photo of Julia. She is so photogenic. Very Beautiful.

Deb

tinker1bell said:
Strange turn of events. His Aunt and my Mom were very good friends and his family was in San Diego for a visit. When I got on the phone with her, I asked how old he was and when I heard his brother (Bob) was my age, I said I would take the older one. After watching Hayle Mills in "The Trouble With Angels", Yes :eek: ---we made out during the second one. I still cannot remember what the movie was.
His brother and some girl were in the back seat and we kept fogging up the windows so he would reach over and turn on the AC :rotfl: Two more dates after that and then they continued with their vacation.
About 4 weeks later he wrote me and professed his love. Then I wrote back saying I felt the very same. Three years of a lot of long distance correspondence and phone calls before we got married. If I totaled it all up, we were together various times for about six months. I was a military brat and he had joined to Navy to be close to me at one point before my family was transferred all the way to Key West.
In June it will be 37 years. I will have known him for 40 years. He is definately a keeper. :hug:

That is a wonderful story. It is so nice to hear about the happily ever afters. I hope that KSG and I are as lucky.

Deb

UP Disney said:
Yep, the Mackinac Bridge that connects Michigan's Upper & Lower Peninsula. So where are you from? It must be nearby.

I grew up in Indiana, dh and I spent a "honeymoon" week on the Island - it's a wonderful peaceful getaway!!

Thanks Rosijo for the links - I've been reading the tutorials here on this forum!!

julia & nicks mom said:
Hello Chatty Girls!!!!

Last night we had movie night - Wedding Crashers and then this morning Julia and I had girls day out -

we started with her American Girl Fashion Show Audition - all they did was measure her to see if she is the right size and htey will let us know in two weeks - it has nothing to do with what they look like - just their sizing - so we will have to wait and see - you will all appreciate this =

as we left Julia said -

"that wasn't a very good audition - they didn't even ask me to sing or dance!!" :rotfl:

jukl.jpg

kate
Simply beautiful.

I would kill for hair like that! ;)

BTW, Kate, is that picture taken in front of the front door again??

my3princes said:
I think that we have decided to buy into DVC. For 200 points at SSR it will cost $16,600 (thanks Skunka and Marti for the Friends 15% discount). We can finance through Disney for 9.95%. I checked out all our credit cards for any great promo offers. It turns out that we can do a balance transfer to our Disney Card at an interest rate of 3.99% for the life of the balance. It seems like a no brainer. I would initially charge it to Discover and get the 1% cash back (if we charge it directly on the Disney Card it would be the regular interest rate) then transfer the balance to the Disney Card. That would mean that we would need to stop using the Disney Visa as any payment would go to the lowest rate items and the rest would pile up. To remedy that as we always use the Disney Visa and pay it off monthly I decided to apply for one in my name as the first one was in Chris's. This sounds complicated and I'm wondering if there might be anything that I'm missing. Anyone see any drawbacks? 3.99% vs 9.75% is a big savings. I'll also take any advice on purchasing DVC. We have discussed it so much I think we've over thought it. Thanks to Skunka and Tammi for answering so many questions.

Deb
Sounds like a no-brainer to me, too. Just think of all the reward dollars you would get. Or do you not get them on transfers? And you're very welcome. I hope you are happy with it.

Tammi...

Were your tye dye shirts hard to make? They look great in the pic..

I have been working on the kids' autograph books all day and am almost through with them. All I have left is a little embellishing left to do. Hopefully tomorrow I can get some pictures up.

How do you find something that was posted somewhere in this thread? I am looking for the info that Rosiejo posted on the autograph books. I think there were several others that showed their pages and had ideas as well. I'm having trouble finding where it is in the thread. Thanks for the help.

KristineN said:
Tammi...

Were your tye dye shirts hard to make? They look great in the pic..
Thank you!

They weren't "hard", but they certainly were a PITA! The rubberbanding was the worst part. I put a total of 5 Mickey heads on the front and 5 on the back of the adults shirts. The kids had 3, front and back. So by the time I rubberbanded each head, then rubberbanded the rest of the shirt, I was saying "never again." So maybe if I ever did them again I would just put one big head on the front and back.

my3princes said:

Deb

The only things I would check out are the balance transfer fee, which is usually 3% with a maximum of like $75. As long as it maxes out at a reasonable amount it will probably be worth it, but if it was 3% on the whole amount that would be a lot.

Also, is there any limit to how long you have to pay it off? I know you said life of the balance, so it should be fine. There is probably a minimum due each month, but as long as you were planning to pay more than the minimum each month that should be fine too. Just make sure to read all the fine print very carefully on the balance transfer, but if it looks ok then I don't see why not.

Ellen

UP Disney said:
How do you find something that was posted somewhere in this thread? I am looking for the info that Rosiejo posted on the autograph books. I think there were several others that showed their pages and had ideas as well. I'm having trouble finding where it is in the thread. Thanks for the help.
Try left clicking on Rosiejo's name and then click on find more posts by rosiejo.

Or you can click on search, advanced search, type autograph book in keyword, then in "search in forum" highlight creative disigns.

Good luck. I will try and look for you too.

Tammi67 said:
Thank you!

They weren't "hard", but they certainly were a PITA! The rubberbanding was the worst part. I put a total of 5 Mickey heads on the front and 5 on the back of the adults shirts. The kids had 3, front and back. So by the time I rubberbanded each head, then rubberbanded the rest of the shirt, I was saying "never again." So maybe if I ever did them again I would just put one big head on the front and back.

I'd really like to make a set...but that may be out of my league.

Tammi67 said:
Sounds like a no-brainer to me, too. Just think of all the reward dollars you would get. Or do you not get them on transfers? And you're very welcome. I hope you are happy with it.

Unfortunately, no reward dollars on transfers. That's the only catch. That is why I'm going to put it on Discover first so I can at least get the reward dollars there.

Deb

julia & nicks mom said:
Hello Chatty Girls!!!!

as we left Julia said -

jukl.jpg

kate

She certainly is a cutie! I'm so glad you were able to get the rest of the details and go to the audition! :goodvibes

ellenbenny said:
The only things I would check out are the balance transfer fee, which is usually 3% with a maximum of like $75. As long as it maxes out at a reasonable amount it will probably be worth it, but if it was 3% on the whole amount that would be a lot.

Also, is there any limit to how long you have to pay it off? I know you said life of the balance, so it should be fine. There is probably a minimum due each month, but as long as you were planning to pay more than the minimum each month that should be fine too. Just make sure to read all the fine print very carefully on the balance transfer, but if it looks ok then I don't see why not.

Ellen

The transfer fee is a max of $50. And it is for the life of the balance.

Thanks
Deb

my3princes said:
The transfer fee is a max of $50. And it is for the life of the balance.

Thanks
Deb

Way to go Deb and Chris, and congrats to the boys also.

Welcome HOME...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter