The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Dang Chris, with that rig I bet you think your gas smells like nothing?

By request I been wearing a mask if I go out to shop, I do not wear it in my car, at my house, or while mowing the lawn. After yesterday's mowing, that may change (helloooooo pollen.)

Downside is I busted the deck on our trusty steed of 19 year old mower. I was able to hammer it mostly level and I have some duct tape over the big rust hole for now as we rev up to search for a new mower. I still think I could keep this rider for all the towable implements and go with a zero turn. Either way they are expensive, even a decent sized lawn tractor runs around 1500, a zero turn around 3. So I reached out to my local shop/dealer that takes care of my echo and stihl gear to see what they might have a line on like a good used trade in. They are cub and kubota and I reached out to another local to see what they have.

I hope yall stay safe and find a way to recharge. This is a really stressful time in so many ways for everyone.

Sounding better that campgrounds in CT will open as part of this state’s “phase 1” on May 20th, so booked at mystic KOA. Will keep eye on a couple other campgrounds in case a site I would like comes available at one of those. Even if activities are restricted/unavailable, would be nice to be somewhere away from home... at home I feel need to be doing/fixing/cleaning something or whatever. At campground I can relax with (somewhat) no guilt. Plus fires and s’mores! Need to try out new camper before big drive to parents house in FL late June.

My work social distancing. Sorry about the sideways pictures, can't seem to get it turned the other way.
View attachment 492272View attachment 492268
Looks like my kinda place. With pictures, if you use your phone, if you take the pic with your phone upright it will turn it sideways no matter what you do. However, if you take pic with the phone held horizontal it'll show it correctly.

Well in COVID news, I spent most of my Saturday working on a project that will make Melissa smile. First was a trip to Home Depot and its clear people are done with staying home. US29 south was packed, so was the ice cream shop and more. Even Home Depot was pretty busy with over 100 people in the building.

I made the run for materials and a friend we know has also been limiting their exposure. I bought Melamine pre drilled sides and shelves and we started to cut them down.

The base and cap will be made with 3/4 MDF. By evening we had made some good progress with 3 boxes built. I still need to get more boards for the remaining boxes, but that means going to a different home depot.

In the end it will be 7 boxes with 1x2 as a cap for the seams and crown moulding on the top.

Are you discing the corn stalks, chopping for corn fodder? Yep, our men have been busy planting corn and soybeans. Good luck and stay safe.

I'm a electrician, bad underground to that pump motor I was trying to find, (1400' long) yes, planting in full swing here, I do almost all ag work along with a electric motor repair and rewind shop. Corn planting is pretty well done, starting on beans now.

two years ago today yeti crossed the rainbow bridge. My Facebook memory will pop up tomorrow but it was two years ago today. What makes me smile is my Facebook memory that does pop up. 6 years ago was the baby bunny incident day 1. The whole story brings a huge smile to my face. Not sure it’s a happy memory, it tormented me, but yeti sure was happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter