• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

I fed her thought chirping would be over but it’s not. She is not happy because there has been and will continue to be no wagon rides today except to pee. Weather here sucks, rain and storms. So much so that I did my run this morning running up and down the parking garage. At least I did not get wet. It was 11 laps though to get an hour in and I was sick of it by then.

It's sunny and hit 70 today. Nice break from the cold, cloudy, rainy pattern we have been in. I cut the grass and painted the Adirondack chairs for around the pool.

There's a story to these chairs. I'm not sure where they came from, exactly. Ian and a friend were driving around and found these sitting at the curb. Someone had put them out for big trash day. The arm on one side was broken off and it badly needed paint. Ian and his friend got the truck, brought it home, made a new arm to replace the broken one and painted it white with spray Rusteolium. It has been in his room for the last few years. He used it as a gaming chair.
Over the winter, Ian bought a proper gaming seat for his flight simulator. He decided this would look better around the pool, so the chair has been on the porch since, waiting for a sanding and better paint.

For an old thrown out chair, it cleaned up pretty good.

20200419_145451_copy_2016x1134.jpg

20200419_145422.jpg

j

Last edited:

I fed her thought chirping would be over but it’s not. She is not happy because there has been and will continue to be no wagon rides today except to pee. Weather here sucks, rain and storms. So much so that I did my run this morning running up and down the parking garage. At least I did not get wet. It was 11 laps though to get an hour in and I was sick of it by then.

Well it did not rain here, had frost this morning to start then warmed to about 52. So I took some time to enjoy the outdoors.....
94148723_3121146514573643_2597229855615483904_o.jpg

Not as much love as a Stormtrooper, but that is ok. And that is a state road thru the county I am on the side of, right in front of the house. So lots of traffic.

@snowmedic Converting to LED is not cheap. I did a partial on the truck and it was expensive.

My weekend was about the same, I got some house chores done and had zero interest in getting outside. So I build Melissa a "puzzle table" big enough for one of the 4000 piece puzzles that make up the 40k piece 10 puzzle set I got her 2 years ago. She was very happy and now sees how big each puzzle will be. The final for the puzzle will be 6' by I think 17' when all 10 are combined.

Sunday it finally warmed up in the afternoon and I went to mow. Man did that grass grow quickly. I did not bother to do any edging/weed-eating but it was something productive. Today I take my truck to the shop this afternoon so I can get a leak looked at. I found my cup holders full of water after the last storm, it is probably a sunroof drain. Also my inspection is due this month so another reason to get the oil changed.

Last edited:
Converting to LED is not cheap. I did a partial on the truck and it was expensive.

Definitely won’t be cheap. To upgrade all my clearance lights, front and back turn signals and porch light, that’s a total of 19 lights, it’s the same price as the 2 heated led headlights.

@snowmedic Converting to LED is not cheap. I did a partial on the truck and it was expensive.

My weekend was about the same, I got some house chores done and had zero interest in getting outside. So I build Melissa a "puzzle table" big enough for one of the 4000 piece puzzles that make up the 40k piece 10 puzzle set I got her 2 years ago. She was very happy and now sees how big each puzzle will be. The final for the puzzle will be 6' by I think 17' when all 10 are combined.

Sunday it finally warmed up in the afternoon and I went to mow. Man did that grass grow quickly. I did not bother to do any edging/weed-eating but it was something productive. Today I take my truck to the shop this afternoon so I can get a leak looked at. I found my cup holders full of water after the last storm, it is probably a sunroof drain. Also my inspection is due this month so another reason to get the oil changed.

Saw that Kodak offers a 53K piece puzzle finished size is 6 feet by 28.5 feet. the other day and thought of you guys. It was about $410.

I will be iding this puzzle conversation from my wife! My wife has been working from home for a month. She made me bring her puzzle table in from the bus and she's done about 10 so far.

Ya'll need to come to a DISmeet where I have a puzzle to work on every morning, Stratman50th.

Gulf State Park 2019 (1,000 piece):

It can get a little crowded around the puzzle tables in the morning. Especially when TeamUbr comes by to opine on ..... well ..... anything ..... :rolleyes:

It's not a race - it's a pleasant morning past time.

It's a very relaxing way to welcome the new day and see the morning sun cut through the trees.

Bama Ed

PS - raising the next generation. good man, team bradfield.

Last edited:
I'll be there in October @bama_ed. We are coming in Wed. The 14th and leaving on Mon. the 19th. I know we're missing the first week, but we'll catch you all for part of the second.

We would need a campsite just to put puzzle on.

Melissa said if we can't find space here she is willing to move to a house with a big enough room to display it in. Maybe then I can get my 2-3 acre and insulated building for the RV and the rest of my toys....

Here is the panel I built so she can move it on and off the kitchen table. It is 42"x72", the one puzzle will be 40"x60".

Last edited:
Went for my regular walk yesterday and got a mild case of vertigo I'd like to share.

I live in a college town a half mile from the University of Alabama football stadium. The stadium has been undergoing a serious transformation that started literally the day after the last home game and contractually must be ready by the scheduled date of the first home game this season. It's an aggressive schedule.

Among the thing being accomplished are moving the press box area (which has been in place for decades) from the shaded side of the stands over to the opposite (sunny side) and convert that space and other lunch-pail regular fan seating into luxury boxes, suites, clubs, and "loges" (whatever they are). Then they're doing a few other items like bigger video screens in all 4 corners, widening the concourses on the upper levels (concession stand lines at halftime block foot traffic), and more elevators and stairwells to the upper levels (there are spiral walkways on all four corners and stairwells off the end zone uppers already).

Anyway, I think this stadium widening is getting a little outa hand....... :sad2:

I went to my first home game in 1978 when the stadium was just the lower bowl and now there are uppers on both sidelines and end zones. But the widening of the concourse thing has me feeling vertigo. The new concourse additions are hanging out OVER THE STREET for cryin' out loud! :sad:

I'm not comfortable with it at all. At the Eiffel Tower at the top I had my back so tight against the wall I was stuck to it like superglue. So this might take some getting use to.

The one good thing is the elevator and stairwell shaft just behind the white pick-up lets out at the upper level RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY SECTION. So when I get old (not there quite yet) I can still get to my seats.

Anyway, it's an unusual picture being so cantilevered over the street. I'm sure some structural engineer signed off on the design. :rolleyes:

Bama Ed

PS - I hope we play college football soon.

Last edited:
I hope that apartment building underneath is student housing. Although I'm sure there are plant of 'tide fans that would love to live there.

j

Went for my regular walk yesterday and got a mild case of vertigo I'd like to share.

I live in a college town a half mile from the University of Alabama football stadium. The stadium has been undergoing a serious transformation that started literally the day after the last home game and contractually must be ready by the scheduled date of the first home game this season. It's an aggressive schedule.

Among the thing being accomplished are moving the press box area (which has been in place for decades) from the shaded side of the stands over to the opposite (sunny side) and convert that space and other lunch-pail regular fan seating into luxury boxes, suites, clubs, and "loges" (whatever they are). Then they're doing a few other items like bigger video screens in all 4 corners, widening the concourses on the upper levels (concession stand lines at halftime block foot traffic), and more elevators and stairwells to the upper levels (there are spiral walkways on all four corners and stairwells off the end zone uppers already).

Anyway, I think this stadium widening is getting a little outa hand....... :sad2:

I went to my first home game in 1978 when the stadium was just the lower bowl and now there are uppers on both sidelines and end zones. But the widening of the concourse thing has me feeling vertigo. The new concourse additions are hanging out OVER THE STREET for cryin' out loud! :sad:

I'm not comfortable with it at all. At the Eiffel Tower at the top I had my back so tight against the wall I was stuck to it like superglue. So this might take some getting use to.

The one good thing is the elevator and stairwell shaft just behind the white pick-up lets out at the upper level RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY SECTION. So when I get old (not there quite yet) I can still get to my seats.

Anyway, it's an unusual picture being so cantilevered over the street. I'm sure some structural engineer signed off on the design. :rolleyes:

Bama Ed

PS - I hope we play college football soon.

How is the music building doing I saw there was a fire there the other day when you had storms??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter