The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Celebrated Bert’s bday tonight with dinner at one of our favorite places. Then took Mallory out to the party. She had a great time, she got a lot of pets and pretzels. Hope I don’t pay for that tonight but she had fun eating them up.

FB1D61B7-9BE7-4C8E-B6CC-0B17BB5FB0B8.jpeg

the guy you see the bottom of was feeding her pretzels and she loved it.

060EBF88-1D0B-4AF7-A685-1FAB3F6D1A22.jpeg

Holy Smokes! Good Housekeeping!? All my trips to thrift stores and I never found any. Mostly just old glasses and stuff...:duck:

This.

DD is a YUGE Big Al/Country Bears fan and all I could get her on this last trip was a Big Al pressed penny from the Country Bears lobby.

Folks like Boomer1 and tigger92662 who find those thrift store/garage sale bargains must shop/live in the rich folks' side of town.

Maybe someday we'll come across something like that, tiggerdad. :rolleyes:

Ed

I never have that luck with Thrift shops around here. Usually it's things I am not interested in and very little disney related.

I used the weather from this weekend to work on cleaning up all the deadfall from the past wind storm. Though my saw died in the process.

I am not sure I want to post this but here it goes. It seemed tonight, while using my dryer in its new location is causing the fire alarm in my unit to go off. The special part is I have used the dryer a few times since it was moved. Not sure why now it is causing a problem. Also note, there is no smoke and no major heat. I am thinking it has to do with the electrical and maybe a circuit, just can’t figure out why it worked the first few times. I did have two towels in there so maybe because it was heavier?

on the next bad part have had no work done since last Thursday. We are waiting on the plumber. It is killing me. I want my bathroom done! I think it might be a bit longer before we do the kitchen. Not sure I can handle the potential timeline.

I am not sure I want to post this but here it goes. It seemed tonight, while using my dryer in its new location is causing the fire alarm in my unit to go off. The special part is I have used the dryer a few times since it was moved. Not sure why now it is causing a problem. Also note, there is no smoke and no major heat. I am thinking it has to do with the electrical and maybe a circuit, just can’t figure out why it worked the first few times. I did have two towels in there so maybe because it was heavier?

on the next bad part have had no work done since last Thursday. We are waiting on the plumber. It is killing me. I want my bathroom done! I think it might be a bit longer before we do the kitchen. Not sure I can handle the potential timeline.

Where does the dryer vent to ? Condensation can cause some smoke detectors to go off, especially if they are of the cheaper variety. Not sure why all of a sudden it would act up after using a couple times. Just tossing ideas.
Did not realize there was a plumber shortage ? Is it due to Covid also ? What no kitchen remodel over Christmas ??

Ok so A)how close is the smoke.detector to the dryer
B) are you sure the vent hasnt come off the back of dryer

Where does the dryer vent to ? Condensation can cause some smoke detectors to go off, especially if they are of the cheaper variety. Not sure why all of a sudden it would act up after using a couple times. Just tossing ideas.

This was going to be my comment as well. Ours regularly goes off upstairs when the kids forget to turn on the bathroom fan during a shower. A dislodged vent can cause a lot of humidity to pour into the room.

Wow you guys are smart. Bert did some research and yes we think it has to do with the vent. Hot moist air is building up. So I was kind of right in it being towels. My other loads have mainly been exercise or tech fabric clothes. this time I had two big towels and a sheet in the dryer, plenty of space but a lot more moisture heavy air to vent. I had to do Mallory laundry. Funny I was planning on my own sheets and towels on Friday.

unfortunately we think it’s in the wall but are hoping it is something they can get at by moving out the units. We think the vent goes right past the smoke alarm in the bedroom. Hoping for something easy but probably not.

as for the plumber shortage serious I am like ***. Plus I am not certain he is coming tomorrow, I was told he will try.

So good news this morning, the plumber is here. I am hoping that means I have a lot more done in the bathroom by the end of the day, like a working toilet. I still need to find out about the dryer but we are pretty certain it has to do with the moisture. The issue is just do i need to run the bathroom vent fan or is the moisture building up in the wall and that is affecting the smoke alarm.

I may have pictures to share later today :)

I hope they make some progress and get that sorted out. hopefully they didnt dislodge the vent stack in the process of the remodel and have to figure out where.

Plumber was here so we have water and a toilet. Still have some things to do. The project manager called and the shower door will be installed on wednesday. i was expecting it would be next week. I told him about the dryer. He too was at a loss. We are busy doing some testing today. @jbrostek one of the concerns is exactly that is the vent dislodged.

Tests we have performed so far. Ran the dryer empty on medium setting (i never dry on high and never plan to gets too hot damages clothes). No issues dryer ran no smoke alarm. I washed some of my tech clothes (yes we wear mostly tech clothes, even when we go to the office but more so now). Those are in the dryer on extra low now, no issues so far. I always dry them on extra low, and it really is just some shirts and socks the rest gets hung on the drying rack. In the mean time i am washing more towels.

Big test will be towels in the dryer on medium setting no bathroom vent fan will be on. I am expecting after about 10 to 15 minutes the alarm to go off. The next test will be to do it again but put on the bathroom vent fan. No idea what will happen then. After that i am going to drop the temperature setting and see if that does anything. Also bert will be looking at the smoke detector to see if he can feel any vibration or anything around it.

Right now the contractor does not want to do too much (like put the baseboards) till we know what is going on in case we have to rip something out. I am hoping for the best. Let's see how the tests go.

Looking good!

I suspect there is a blockage somewhere in the vent. Can you see if the dryer is connected tightly to the vent? I wonder if someone stuffed something in the open vent. Either because it was venting into the open space or if it is a shared vent stack with other apartments, hot air was blowing in during construction.

I would think if the hose was disconnected, it would be more obvious. Mine came off (probably one of the cats fun) and it got REALLY hot when I was running the dryer. It was pretty obvious it was disconnected.

j

The vent is connected good. We think the issue is the connection to the pipe above that vents out. So testing today dryer worked fine until towels. Put them on medium and 13 minutes in smoke alarm went off. Checked around nothing. So we left the alarm connected but not on it’s mount to the wall. Pic below.

2DEE107A-2F0F-4C3C-AD70-CAB2DEDF3187.jpeg

started dryer again. Nothing no alarm. Washed sheets, put that in dryer with smoke alarm still not mounted to wall and again no alarm. Confirmed it’s the alarm in the bedroom. We think steam is getting padt the vent causing the alarm to go off. Once not on the wall not close enough to the problem. We think they need to check the new connection into the old pipe. i am guessing that means opening up walls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter