The Disney Box for Two. . .A Christmas PTR updtd 7/28 The Ticker's Not an Illusion

I hate it when I hurt people's feelings, but right now, there is no way around it. A friend of mine from work would like to go to Disney. All of the sudden, she wants me to change my plans and add her and her 2 (ages 3 and 5) sons to my reservations. She wants my 11 year old to help babysit.

I'm gonna tell her no. No way. I don't know what to say, though. This is a special time one on one with my daughter and it would not even be close to fair to Sweetie to deal with these kids. Also, if I went with her, she will only stay at the Poly and it would increase my costs exponentially, and given the fact that I have had to take a pay cut this year, it's just not feasible.

So any suggestions? I thought about writing her a note, because if she comes to me all excited, I'm gonna cave and let her do whatever.

Is she serious?? Let her book her own trip. If she wants to stay at the Poly let her and her kids go to the Poly. Stand your ground Amanda.

I think you should tell her if she wants to go, then she can book her own trip! Maybe you guys could have a couple meals together or spend a day together, but tell her that this is your special time away from the real world with your daughter, and that your daughter does not want to spend her vacation babysitting!!! I think it's incredibly rude that she would expect you to be ok with this!!!

She honestly does not think. She and her husband went last year and I'm surprised she wants to go back. I think she wants to go with someone who knows how to tour. Her husband does not want to return, so it's difficult for her. I feel bad for her and would normally try to accommodate, but this is a special trip.

Is she serious?? Let her book her own trip. If she wants to stay at the Poly let her and her kids go to the Poly. Stand your ground Amanda.

LOL, Tim. I don't feel good about relying on someone else to pay the vacation, either. What if I get left with the whole thing and she bails? It happens all the time here at the DIS. Especially since someone
in the house is going to Honduras soon after that. :rolleyes1

UPDATE: Last night I called her and told her I just could not do it. I told her I have no problem with meeting her for a meal or two in Disney and that I would even make the dining reservations, but that it's a special trip for my daughter and me and we need to leave it that way.

Whew. Problem averted, but thanks, ya'll for giving the the strength to say no to her.

UPDATE: Last night I called her and told her I just could not do it. I told her I have no problem with meeting her for a meal or two in Disney and that I would even make the dining reservations, but that it's a special trip for my daughter and me and we need to leave it that way.

Whew. Problem averted, but thanks, ya'll for giving the the strength to say no to her.

Oh, I am so glad to hear this.....GOOD FOR YOU!!! Now back to more :santa: planning.....

Wow the drama that unfolded while I was away this past week!!!

I'm glad you were able to stand your ground! I would have also explained the added costs but it doesn't matter because you already took care of it!! That's is a pretty crazy request on her part..oh well, it all worked out!

you know, i am a picky eater and we have now tried boma for both breakfast and dinner. i liked both, but it wasn't my favorite. I would do it again, but not for a while- want to try other places first. it is out of the way, but well worth the visit- plus it is fun to explore the AKL. I did love the soups at dinner and even for a picky person, i found a LOT i liked. everyone enjoyed it. jsut convince them it is worth the visit- plus you can check out all the animals on the savannah.

Thanks I am putting Breakfast on my list I think It will be on AK morning. I don't know how early boma opens but I'd like an Early breakfast that way we can go to the park for a few hours.

Oh, I am so glad to hear this.....GOOD FOR YOU!!! Now back to more :santa: planning.....

:thumbsup2

Wow the drama that unfolded while I was away this past week!!!

I'm glad you were able to stand your ground! I would have also explained the added costs but it doesn't matter because you already took care of it!! That's is a pretty crazy request on her part..oh well, it all worked out!

I most of all don't trust someone I really don't know that well. I've gone on thrips with other families before as well, and it never makes for a good trip for me. Not putting anyone down, but I have a hard time with other families are there.

Thanks I am putting Breakfast on my list I think It will be on AK morning. I don't know how early boma opens but I'd like an Early breakfast that way we can go to the park for a few hours.

It opens at 7:35 and that is early enough to have breakfast at Boma and be at any of the parks well before opening.

I'm glad that got worked out amicably! Hopefully she will think back over what she was asking of you and realize how it sounded, and keep that in mind the next time!

I have a few ADR changes, mostly surrounding *hopefully* getting a CP lunch package for Dec 21. No reservations for it yet, but here's to hoping!

The first 4 days stay the same, with Chefs being possibly replaced with a CP package at Chefs, me exchanging Chef Mickeys for something else (who knows yet), exchanging Le Cellier for Yachtsma. I really had a bad experience at Yachtsman last year and have not canceled Le Cellier yet (the reservation is 2 hours after the Yachtsman one), so I'm just holding onto them until I get some feedback here, lol.

I also replaced Kona with Plaza for an out of pocket lunch before we leave. I honestly don't want to be there too late, and dropping Liberty Tree for lunch.

So this is it right now:

Friday, Dec 17, 2010
Late arrival, no dinner

Saturday, Dec 18, 2010
Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Dinner: Cinderella's Royal Table (**)

Sunday, Dec 19, 2010
Breakfast: Akershus
Dinner: Flying Fish Cafe (*)

Monday, Dec 20, 2010
Breakfast: Boma (*)
Dinner: California Grill (**)

Tuesday, Dec 21, 2010
Lunch: Chefs de France (Hoping for the CP Package)
Dinner: Cape May Cafe

Wednesday, Dec 22, 2010
Lunch: Unknown at this point--I need some good ideas for this one. We are starting this day at Animal Kingdom and then hopping to Epcot. I thought maybe lunch at Captain's Grill or maybe the Grand Floridian Cafe.
Dinner: Yachtsman (*)

Thurs, Dec 23
Lunch: Coral Reef
Dinner: Narcoossee's (*)

Fri, Dec 24
Lunch: Plaza (oop); we may even just drop this altogether and grab lunch at Cosmic Rays OOP.

~(*)denotes first for Sweetie; (**)denotes first for both of us

But, anywho, as Thurs would not change all that much, here are the plans for that day:

Breakfast would be beignets at Sassagoula Floatworks with my Starbucks Via and using our refillable mugs. This is going to be a Magic Kingdom/Epcot kind of day, so no driving. I'll probably go to the food court and grab breakfast with Sweetie and then us take it back to the room while we get ready for the day.

Yummy--Beignets--
DSC_0001.jpg

Lunch is the hopeful CP dining package. Rumor has it that Trace Adkins will be the narrator. :lovestruc:cloud9:

Okay, I don't find him visibly attractive, but I can listen to that baritone voice all day long.

Sweetie's Choices:
App: Lobster Bisque, all the way. This child absolutely loves CDF's lobster bisque and could make a meal of it
Entre: Hamburger, plain with ketchup and French Fries. What an Americanized meal!
Dessert: Anything chocolate on the menu!

My Choices:
App: escargot! I had it for the first time ever at Chefs, and we really enjoyed it!
Entre: Ham and cheese quiche--another return meal. I loved this as well in June!
Dessert: sorbet

I know, I'm getting boring with the sorbet, but I like to end my meal with something sweet and have found this is the lightest on my tummy!

Dinner is at Cape May Cafe, which I have been assured I can go to after the CP in plenty of time if I walk, and then walk back in time for Illuminations at 9:30.

Cape May is, of course, a buffet, and Sweetie's favorite buffet on property. Some pictures from last December's trip:

Crab Legs, Mussels, and Clams:
IMG_0644.jpg

Cold Salads and Potatoes:
IMG_0645.jpg

Non Seafood:
IMG_0646.jpg

Dessert:
IMG_0649.jpg

So, there we have it!

Of all your dining plans, the only one that I have concerns with for you is Cinderella's Table. I just think that over the years the HYPE for this location has way out-weighed the food quality and the overall experience. If it were me (and it's NOT, I realize) I would pick another restaurant....1900 Park Fare is lovely and the food is great !!

JMO

Of all your dining plans, the only one that I have concerns with for you is Cinderella's Table. I just think that over the years the HYPE for this location has way out-weighed the food quality and the overall experience. If it were me (and it's NOT, I realize) I would pick another restaurant....1900 Park Fare is lovely and the food is great !!

JMO

We're doing CRT just for the atmosphere. I am not expecting great food.

We did 1900 Park Fare in June and of all the restaurants I've ever gone to, it's one I definitely would not return to. One of the stepsisters were rude to my 11 year old, and all of us felt ill after the meal.

Isn't it funny how two people have have such different views of the same meal?

So, with CRT, I'm hoping this to be the time I go and get that meal behind me, so to speak. I'm not going in with high expectations, so maybe I'll be fine as a result.

We're doing CRT just for the atmosphere. I am not expecting great food.

We did 1900 Park Fare in June and of all the restaurants I've ever gone to, it's one I definitely would not return to. One of the stepsisters were rude to my 11 year old, and all of us felt ill after the meal.

Isn't it funny how two people have have such different views of the same meal?

So, with CRT, I'm hoping this to be the time I go and get that meal behind me, so to speak. I'm not going in with high expectations, so maybe I'll be fine as a result.

That is so true---I tell my brides every day....opinion is subjective....what works for ONE person, doesn't for another. That's what I love about DISNEY....there is SO MUCH to choose from !!

Captains Grille is a great meal! I've had their fish and steak before and both were great! I'm not sure if they are open for lunch?? If you're at AK you could do breakfast at Tusker House or lunch at Yak and Yeti?
At Epcot, Teppan Edo is great, hibachi Japanese and 1 TS credit. The place in Italy might be good for a change too as you aren't eating at Tonys or MM??

Just some of my ideas!!

That is so true---I tell my brides every day....opinion is subjective....what works for ONE person, doesn't for another. That's what I love about DISNEY....there is SO MUCH to choose from !!

I know. Is it bad though that I really just want to get CRT behind me so I can say I did it and go forward?

Captains Grille is a great meal! I've had their fish and steak before and both were great! I'm not sure if they are open for lunch?? If you're at AK you could do breakfast at Tusker House or lunch at Yak and Yeti?
At Epcot, Teppan Edo is great, hibachi Japanese and 1 TS credit. The place in Italy might be good for a change too as you aren't eating at Tonys or MM??

Just some of my ideas!!

Captain's grille is open for lunch, though we've only done dinner there. Sweeitie does not like Asian food, so Teppan Edo and Yak and Yeti are out. We could, though, plan on Tutto Italia, as she loves it there (as long as they let her have mousse for dessert)

DH and I had a long talk tonight and we've had a change of plans.

Instead of two small trips this year, we're going to combine the costs and go to Disney one time as a whole family.

When rates come out next week (hopefully), I am going to modify my reservation for a family of five for 10 days at the Beach Club. I'm really excited about the Beach Club. Sweetie and I are going to have a spa day and we're all planning on spending 2 days at Universal as well (probably off site before the Beach Club starts)

Anyway, I hate to be leaving all of you, but this is going to be the trip of a lifetime for us. Even though our anniversary will not be until Aug 3, this trip will be our 15th anniversary celebration!

DH and I had a long talk tonight and we've had a change of plans.

Instead of two small trips this year, we're going to combine the costs and go to Disney one time as a whole family.

When rates come out next week (hopefully), I am going to modify my reservation for a family of five for 10 days at the Beach Club. I'm really excited about the Beach Club. Sweetie and I are going to have a spa day and we're all planning on spending 2 days at Universal as well (probably off site before the Beach Club starts)

Anyway, I hate to be leaving all of you, but this is going to be the trip of a lifetime for us. Even though our anniversary will not be until Aug 3, this trip will be our 15th anniversary celebration!

OK, so do keep me in suspense....what will your new dates be?? BTW, rates are already out for 2011....I called earlier this week for reservations for our extra nights.....

Also will there be another PTR starting then?

OK, so do keep me in suspense....what will your new dates be?? BTW, rates are already out for 2011....I called earlier this week for reservations for our extra nights.....

Also will there be another PTR starting then?

They will be June 1-3 in Universal, then 3-13 at the Beach Club (but only 7 days in the parks). I'll start a new PTR and link it, but it'll be a day or two.

They don't have package rates, though, and that's what we need. DH won't go to Disney without dining.

well sorry you are leaving us, but it sounds like a fantastic trip. we just did 10 days in december and loved it! 10 days is great! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter