• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Disney-fication of our Non-Disney Vacation...an October 2013 TR

You guys are cracking me up this afternoon. Don't forget I was first!! :rotfl: That is quite an accomplishment for me (or maybe it just shows my stalker tendencies? :confused3).

Oh, and D~, you are very welcome to display any of my bags anywhere you would like! I was a tiny bit sad when I saw that none of mine were there. But then I did realize that they were all your bags except maybe the Mickey & Duffy? For some reason I'm remembering that one as an auction bag. Dracula Mickey is all packed for the plane ride in 3 1/2 days!!!! :cool1:

Awww... Crap - you are right... That one isn't ours... Could you imagine if I put all of my favorites in there??? Hahahaha... There wouldn't be room for my links.

I will say - you own my very favorite Pluto bag... :rotfl2: Oh yah - that's right - you own ALL of my Pluto bags. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

So glad that vampire Mickey is packed for your upcoming trip... He will have blast.

D~

Awww... Crap - you are right... That one isn't ours... Could you imagine if I put all of my favorites in there??? Hahahaha... There wouldn't be room for my links.

I will say - you own my very favorite Pluto bag... :rotfl2: Oh yah - that's right - you own ALL of my Pluto bags. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

So glad that vampire Mickey is packed for your upcoming trip... He will have blast.

D~

Take that back... There is one she doesn't own. LOL

D~

Now i have to go back and look at the pluto bags.... :rotfl:

D~

Yep, I don't own the one that has Pluto's face as the entire front of the bag. If it had been an auction item, I may have owned it, but sadly it was a custom. :rotfl:

Here's the two I do own. Front:

Back:

I didn't win the wallet that went with the yellow one, I was not near a computer when the auction ended. So I use the black wallet for both of those bags.

D~

Now i have to go back and look at the pluto bags.... :rotfl:

D~

Yep, I don't own the one that has Pluto's face as the entire front of the bag. If it had been an auction item, I may have owned it, but sadly it was a custom. :rotfl:

Here's the two I do own. Front:

Back:

I didn't win the wallet that went with the yellow one, I was not near a computer when the auction ended. So I use the black wallet for both of those bags.

So many SerendipiD~'s out there! D~, do you know how many you have made and sold? There should be a SerendipiD~ club, like the Jeep Club. :rotfl2: So glad I can FINALLY be a member! :thumbsup2

Is it true that getting there is half the fun? I am not sure about that. I DO know planning for it is at LEAST half the fun, wouldn't you agree?

Friday, October 4

Our plans were to leave the house at 3 am. Why so early? Our plan was to be on the south side of Atlanta before morning rush hour... :rolleyes1

We had loaded the car and showered on Thursday night. The kids even slept in their travel clothes so that all they had to do was roll out of the bed, brush teeth, go potty and crawl in the car. So, the goal was to leave by 3 am... here is the picture I took as we rolled out of the driveway:

I'd say we did great! I told Brian I would take the first driving shift. I just do better with the first shift. So, after doing a shot of 5 Hr Energy I was good to go! :hyper: I REALLY wanted to listen to some of my Disney music (a gift from Pluto0809), but I knew the kids wouldn't sleep if I had Disney music going. So I turned on some low key music, turned the volume down, and cruised along as the rest of the family slept. :drive:

As I drove through Chattanooga it hit me! :scared1: No, not a car... what hit me was that there was a time change between us and Atlanta! :sad2: So, remember our goal to be on the south side of Atlanta by the time rush hour hit....yeah that...NOT. SO. MUCH. We hit Atlanta at 7:30 am rather than 6:30 am. :headache: This is a blurry picture, but this is what we encountered on the north side of Atlanta:

Doesn't look like much, but believe me when I say it WAS much! Soooo, plan B kicked into place....breakfast at Cracker Barrel! :thumbsup2 I failed to get a picture of our breakfast, but Brian and I split one of the big breakfasts with lots of stuff: eggs, grits, biscuits and gravy, hashbrown casserole, fried apples, and three kinds of meat...yeah, BIG breakfast. In our defense, we didn't even end up eating all of it, this kids ate bits and pieces of our meal along with whatever they ordered.

Plan B worked beautifully, and by the time we hit the road again traffic was pretty much non-existent. Everyone was very awake by this time. Brian took the next driving shift, so I was able to take a few more pictures. Gabe immediately dug into his toy bag and got into character for the trip to Disney:

Jillian and Charity were more focused on the movie they started:

As we were headed through the downtown area of Atlanta we spotted this car...can you read the license plate?

In case you can't, it reads: L8AGIN. Yeah, and they were past rush hour, so yeah, they probably WERE late again! :lmao:

The rest of the trip was pretty non-eventful. We arrived at the resort just 15 minutes after my parents, so timing was perfect. In our next update you will get to see just how phenomenal our room turned out to be...

Oh man, I have a feeling that the Cracker Barrel you ate at was very close to my house! If I would have known that, I would have played hooky from work and joined you! Do you happen to remember what exit you stopped at? I can't quite read the signs in your first traffic picture.

arianabagelnana

gazuntite

never saw a sneeze written out before... :confused3

SO FAR SO AWESOME OOPSI!! The kids are AS ALWAYS adorable!!! I am not a fan of rush hour traffic either.
I LOVE cracker barrel!!! YUM! i also like shopping in the store... :sad2:

LET GO!!! I am ready for this ride!!!!! :cool1:

Oh man, I have a feeling that the Cracker Barrel you ate at was very close to my house! If I would have known that, I would have played hooky from work and joined you! Do you happen to remember what exit you stopped at? I can't quite read the signs in your first traffic picture.

I have no idea what CB it was. :confused3 Since we paid with cahs, we didn't even save the reciept; so I don't have that to check, either. Sorry! We must coordinate next time, and meet for breakfast! :thumbsup2

oh I love it "y'all" are too cute LOL my southern friends!

We are cute, "eh"? :lmao:

gazuntite

never saw a sneeze written out before... :confused3

SO FAR SO AWESOME OOPSI!! The kids are AS ALWAYS adorable!!! I am not a fan of rush hour traffic either.
I LOVE cracker barrel!!! YUM! i also like shopping in the store... :sad2:

LET GO!!! I am ready for this ride!!!!! :cool1:

:rotfl2: Cheeky likes to nickname folks when she gets to know us pretty well. She nicknamed PLUTO 0809 (Ariana is her IRL name) "bagelnana" because every morning at Disney she eats a bagel and a banana for breakfast. Pretty cute if ya ask me! :goodvibes

I am consciously making myself take this TR slooooooow, so that my PTR doesn't end up forever long like my last PTR did. Don't worry, the party is just getting started! :thumbsup2

I have no idea what CB it was. :confused3 Since we paid with cahs, we didn't even save the reciept; so I don't have that to check, either. Sorry! We must coordinate next time, and meet for breakfast! :thumbsup2

Well, considering your second photo is around exit 259 and I'm up around exit 273 you couldn't have been far! Next time for sure. ::yes::

So many SerendipiD~'s out there! D~, do you know how many you have made and sold? There should be a SerendipiD~ club, like the Jeep Club. :rotfl2: So glad I can FINALLY be a member! :thumbsup2

yeah no kidding!!!! i am part of it too!!!! :cool1:

Hahaha... Not a clue how many I have made??? :confused3

I loved your update... Cracker Barrel??? I've never eaten at one... But I am glad the stop made the traffic easier on you.

That was a super quick drive to FL... How many hours was it? I wish I was close enough to drive there... :rolleyes1 You all would NEVER see me again. :beach:

D~

I'm finally here! Better late than never I guess! D~ got the snail so what do I get? :lmao: What's slower than a snail? :confused3

I hate that we didn't get the opportunity to have a DISmeet but I am SOOOO super excited to hear all about your trip! popcorn:::surfweb:

Looking forward to hearing all about the trip.
:car::car::car::car::scared1::car::car::car::car: :eek:
Sorry to hear about that pesky Atlanta traffic.
Silly me for not saying anything when I read what time you were leaving. I just thought the oopsiDaisy family drives faster than the QuackAttack family.
:drive: :drive:
However, I am willing to put up with some Atlanta traffic if I get to have breakfast at Cracker Barrel.

Oh my word oopsi, I am just getting to your TR and its already on Page 3; okay, I will use the excuse I am from Texas, we move slow around here don't we? Cannot wait to join along!!! I am going to adopt your parents, they are too too cute; not to throw any sad towels on anything but this will be the first holidays without my parents this year; soooooo, I will adopt yours!!! Love your reports, this is going to be so much fun, then your PTR starts!!! Woo hoo!!!

Hahaha... Not a clue how many I have made???

I loved your update... Cracker Barrel??? I've never eaten at one... But I am glad the stop made the traffic easier on you.

That was a super quick drive to FL... How many hours was it? I wish I was close enough to drive there... You all would NEVER see me again. :beach:

D~

OMGoodness, D~! I MUST take you to Cracker Barrel for breakfast the next morning after you have a movie night with us! :thumbsup2 It is the ultimate experience in southern cuisine. Just don't expect to eat light there...southern= fatty and delicious. :rolleyes1

Our drive took just over 12 hours...so not really a quick trip at all, it just seems that way in a TR. :rotfl2:

I'm finally here! Better late than never I guess! D~ got the snail so what do I get? :lmao: What's slower than a snail? :confused3

I hate that we didn't get the opportunity to have a DISmeet but I am SOOOO super excited to hear all about your trip!

Yes, I was disappointed to realize our parks/days wouldn't match up at all. :sad1: But I am so glad you live fairly close and we will still have a chance to meet someday soon. Speaking of which, want to set a date? :confused3

Looking forward to hearing all about the trip.

Sorry to hear about that pesky Atlanta traffic.
Silly me for not saying anything when I read what time you were leaving. I just thought the oopsiDaisy family drives faster than the QuackAttack family.

However, I am willing to put up with some Atlanta traffic if I get to have breakfast at Cracker Barrel.

I want everyone to meet Quackattack! :thumbsup2 I introduced her over on my PTR, but it was at the very end when I was sending everyone over here. Quackattack in an IRL friend. She has been a longtime Dis-lurker, and I have finally coaxed her out of hiding. :cool1:

She and her family have gone to Disney and been on Disney cruises. Brian and I have found kindred spirits when it comes to talking Disney. Quackattack has a son Jillian's age, they went to school together throughout all of grade school.

So, I need everyone's help....We are trying to convince the Quackattack family to join us on the Fantasy next year. Can you help me convince (BEG) her?

Okay, so for responding to you comment...no, the oopsiFAMILY does NOT drive faster than the Quackattack family... unless you count that annoying speeding ticket I got in town last month on my way to work. :rolleyes1 Yeah, I had to reschedule my court date, because it was scheduled for the day we left for vacation. :headache: But, really as a rule we try to go about 2-3 miles above the speed limit on trips, promise. :goodvibes

Oh my word oopsi, I am just getting to your TR and its already on Page 3; okay, I will use the excuse I am from Texas, we move slow around here don't we? Cannot wait to join along!!! I am going to adopt your parents, they are too too cute; not to throw any sad towels on anything but this will be the first holidays without my parents this year; soooooo, I will adopt yours!!! Love your reports, this is going to be so much fun, then your PTR starts!!! Woo hoo!!!

Texan, you are more than welcome to adopt my parents...they seriously are the BEST! I am beyond blessed to have them.

Still waiting to hear some more tips from you... popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter