• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Disney-fication of our Non-Disney Vacation...an October 2013 TR

Well I for one am very glad your TR is moving slow....I am finding it harder and harder to squirrel away DIStime.

The drive looks good...other than Atlanta. And Cracker Barrel....believe it or not, we have those up here too. Not a fan. Breakfast is better than lunch/dinner, but there are way better options. I go there just for the store :) And usually convenience.

Yay! Can't wait to see the resort!

Those of you who have followed my previous reports already know we like to have FUN! This weekend was no exception. We had a rare weekend with no plans, so we spent the entire weekend just enjoying each other as a family.

The kids spent the night with Brian's parents Friday night, and Saturday morning they all went to Octoberfest. That is a fall craft fair/antique car show with food booths, jumpy castles, carnival games, etc for the kids.

Brian and I had a leisurely morning Saturday (sleeping later than 8 am), then we headed into town for breakfast at Chic fil A and grocery shopping. We picked the kids up around 11:30 and headed home...for some fun.

Here is what we did for lunch Saturday:

Ignore the strange look on Jillian's face in the next photo...I have no idea. :confused3

Brian had a little visitor that decided to ride around on his hat:

And of course, we ended with dessert:

That night was movie night also...but that will be in the NEXT post. popcorn:: Sunday we had church; but after church, lunch, and taking a nap we had a lovely snack while we watched Toy Story of Terror that we had DVR'd.

This would be a picture of my favorite snuggle blanket, a Disney bucket of popcorn, and a Disney mug full of hot cocoa and marshmallows. :cloud9:

After snack and a great little Disney movie we headed back to the great outdoors for a couple more hours of fun before the weekend came to a close:

The weather this weekend was just that perfect fall weather, and we took full advantage of it!

Well I for one am very glad your TR is moving slow....I am finding it harder and harder to squirrel away DIStime.

The drive looks good...other than Atlanta. And Cracker Barrel....believe it or not, we have those up here too. Not a fan. Breakfast is better than lunch/dinner, but there are way better options. I go there just for the store :) And usually convenience.

Yay! Can't wait to see the resort!

Suzi, you snuck in here while I was posting! Glad I didn't miss ya! :thumbsup2

We like Cracker Barrel. It was started right here in our town, and the corporate offices are here. I actually worked there way back when (at the offices). But, the funny thing is that we end up only eating at a CB when we are traveling. :confused3

Our resort was fantastic...but you will have a wait a few more days for that update. :rolleyes1

We FINALLY had our Lilo and Stitch movie night this past Saturday. I say FINALLY because that movie night theme has been in the jar since April of 2012, and I got the decorations at the dollar store summer 2012 when they were first put out. I was VERY excited when it finally got drawn. :cool1:

The invitation:

Decorations:

Food next... Furit Kabobs:

Pina Coladas:

Hawaiian Haystacks and Sweet Bread:

For our activity we did the Limbo with the soundtrack for Lilo and Stitch playing:

Brian and I DID limbo, however we had a NO PICTURES rule! :rolleyes1 It was a lot of fun with a lot of giggles involved. :lmao:

While we watched the movie we enjoyed these delicious dessert creations:

And our next movie night will be:

BRAVE! :thumbsup2

I will hold you to that Cracker Barrel promise!!! I hope you keep doing these family movie nights forever - because it will be that long before I can save up to get down there. ::yes::

Welcome Quackattack!!! Great name!!! For sure - you have to go with Oopsi and family on their cruise... I would, if I could - trust me!!!

Your weekend looks amazing! Just the perfect family weekend! I love it!

And, of course, your movie night... So FUN!!! YOu always to the BEST movie nights!!!! I can't wait to see what you do for Brave!

Looking forward to the next TR update too!

D~

oh I wanna come over n limbo!!! actually I'm not sure anyone wants to see that LOL Looks like you had lots of fun though! I love the surfs up sign I would totally hang that on my door for all eternity!

Your movie nights look like so much fun. The decorations are adorable and the food looks yummy. I wish I was that creative! I might have to try something like that but perhaps on a smaller scale... :rolleyes1

We definitely need to get a meet organized soon...I sent you a PM!

popcorn::

Love the pictures. I can see we have a lot in common when it comes to family dynamics. Nothing beats hanging out stress free and bonding as a family. I love it. :cloud9:

I will hold you to that Cracker Barrel promise!!! I hope you keep doing these family movie nights forever - because it will be that long before I can save up to get down there. ::yes::

Welcome Quackattack!!! Great name!!! For sure - you have to go with Oopsi and family on their cruise... I would, if I could - trust me!!!

Your weekend looks amazing! Just the perfect family weekend! I love it!

And, of course, your movie night... So FUN!!! YOu always to the BEST movie nights!!!! I can't wait to see what you do for Brave!

Looking forward to the next TR update too!

D~

I plan to try to keep these movie nights going as long as we take Disney trips. They are a wonderful way to pass the time between trips! :wizard:

I am already busy pulling ideas together for the Brave night... popcorn::

Love the idea of movie night themes....I may have to borrow this idea with my family.

WELCOME!!! And steal away! I steal a lot of my movie night ideas from this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1707141

oh I wanna come over n limbo!!! actually I'm not sure anyone wants to see that LOL Looks like you had lots of fun though! I love the surfs up sign I would totally hang that on my door for all eternity!

:rotfl2: I can totally see you hanging that sign too! I can imagine you designing a Lilo and Stitch room in your home...because you are so fun and cool like that!!! :cool2:

Your movie nights look like so much fun. The decorations are adorable and the food looks yummy. I wish I was that creative! I might have to try something like that but perhaps on a smaller scale... :rolleyes1

We definitely need to get a meet organized soon...I sent you a PM!

I am not so much that creative as much as I can take ideas from other folks and expand on them. :thumbsup2 I totally think you should do some, Caden would love them! Check out the link I posted above for more ideas!

So excited our little guys are finally going to meet...and I will finally ge tto meet you too!!! :cool1:

Love the pictures. I can see we have a lot in common when it comes to family dynamics. Nothing beats hanging out stress free and bonding as a family. I love it. :cloud9:

:goodvibes Thanks! Yes, our family almost became a statistic four years ago. Ever since that, we have had a much different perspective of family and the priority it should be. :cloud9:

just waitin around for the next update cause I have no life LOL:rotfl:

Your wait is ALMOST over... popcorn::

Guess what we got last night.... MICKEY MAIL!!! : Well, some Disney mail from a friend!

Jillian called me when she got home from school to tell me we had a package. I made them all wait until I got home to open it as a family...because I am evil like that. :stir: By the time I got there, they were all giddy with excitement, and truthfully...so was I! :rolleyes1

Our package was from another country! Yep, it was all the way from...........

CANADA!

We had a pixie dusted package from our friend Cheekypoppins! Let me tell you, when we opened that thing it felt like Christmas in October! It was packed full of Disney magic! :wizard:

Don't worry, I photo documented the whole thing! :thumbsup2 I need to note here that the pictures were taken with my phone...you will have to stick to the TR to find out why...

A cute little notE of instructions:

I :love: how she put Daisy on that note! It's the little details that made the package so special! :cloud9:

There was a card for the whole family. And check out this cool 2 dimensional sticker it was sealed with:

The front of the cutest card ever:

And the inside of the card:

Here is a group shot of the kids with their goodies:

And individual pictures. I will try to explain what each child got.

Jillian (birthday presents and a Halloween candy bag):

She got some really cool socks...kids these days absolutely LOVE funky and fun socks!, for real! She also got a full set of MU pins for pin trading. She LOVED these, she pretty much freaked out! To quote her: "This is PERFECT! I know this is selfish, but I don't want to trade any of my pins!" Cheeky really hit a home run with these birthday gifts for Jillian! :woohoo:

Charity :

Halloween goody bag and earrings. Jillian also shared some of her socks since Charity didn't get as many things. (Her birthday gifts were sent in March)

Gabe (birthday gifts):

Gabe got some Ninja Turtle gardening toys (which he played with in the bath tub for a VERY long time last night :) ), some Cars themed Christmas ornaments, and also a Halloween goody bag that is not in the picture. Gabe also got some money, which he promptly gave to us to put into his cruise souveneir fund. :goodvibes

And finally, she put some goodies in there for my birthday too:

I got a cute Disney stationary set, a Grape Soda pin because Cheeky and I really feel like we have kindred spirits. :goodvibes I also got a special Vinylmation. This particular collection is call Vinylmation Tunes. There is a figurine representing each music genre...I got the country music figurine, because Cheeky loves her country music and I happen to live in the country music meca. :thumbsup2 Cheeky calls me her "Nashatarian" since we live in Nashville! :lmao:

Finally, you will see a gorgeous hidden Mickey dress draped across my shoulder. This wasn't so much a gift as a coincidental BLESSING! If you recall from my PTR, one of the purchases I wanted to make on my trip was a Mickey sundress for the cruise next year. I looked high and low and came home empty handed. :faint: I was telling Cheeky about it (whining). I told her I may have her look for one for me when she goes to Disney in December. She graciously agreed, and asked what size I needed. Lo and behold, she had this dress in her closet. She had never worn it, and probably never would! So, just like that I transferred some money to her paypal account, and I finally became the owner of a Mickey sundress! :cool1:

This package was so exciting for all of us. We are constantly reminded of how blessed we are to have such wonderful friends, both IRL and online! :cloud9: I haven't gotten to meet Cheeky in real life yet...but we WILL meet someday. And until then, it is our mission to keep the postman busy between Tennessee and Canada!

THANK YOU CHEEKYPOPPINS!!!!! :hug:

okay so you just made me bring on the water works big time,the kids are beautiful and i love that they are so happy with their gifts and you too! I can't wait for the day we meet you are my best dis friend ever! and i think the sweetest person out there!!! i was disappointed that i gained back some of the weight i had lost and couldn't fit the dress but i am so glad it got to go to you theres no one more deserving :D

Oh yah - talk about water works!!!!!!!! Just amazing!!! That is so very thoughtful and kind of you Cheeky!!!

Connie and Clan are super special people - and how wonderful that you made their day so special!

As a side note... Ahem... I oogled that dress more than once in Disney - LOL - you have great taste girls! So happy it worked out!

Loved the update - loved the gifts... Just so sweet! Dis friends are the very best!!!

D~

First off...I must comment on the PixieDusted Package you received from Cheeky! VERY COOL!!! How very sweet and thoughtful of her to send so many wonderful things for you and the kiddos! It seems like she really hit the nail on the head with each kiddo and with you!!! That sundress looks just adorable...I bet you can't wait to wear it!

Second....OMG we're going to have a DISmeet! I am super excited to meet you and for our boys to meet. I think they will have a blast! The best part is that it's just around the corner! I'm so glad that we finally got this scheduled! :banana:

pixiedust: WOW a Pixi Dust FILLED update!!! pixiedust:
I LOVE the movie night! i am going ot just show up at your house one night, maybe for brave. make sure you make enough for us!!! :rotfl:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SWEET LOVE OF DISNEY! look at all the wonderful goodies!!!!! Cheeky you are such a wonderful friend!!!
The dress is way too cute! it's going to look great! you will Def be showing your Disney side!

yay for finally good stuff!!! :cool1:

okay so you just made me bring on the water works big time,the kids are beautiful and i love that they are so happy with their gifts and you too! I can't wait for the day we meet you are my best dis friend ever! and i think the sweetest person out there!!! i was disappointed that i gained back some of the weight i had lost and couldn't fit the dress but i am so glad it got to go to you theres no one more deserving :D

Cheeky, you are one of those special kinds of people, and I am so grateful to call you friend!! :goodvibes

Oh yah - talk about water works!!!!!!!! Just amazing!!! That is so very thoughtful and kind of you Cheeky!!!

Connie and Clan are super special people - and how wonderful that you made their day so special!

As a side note... Ahem... I oogled that dress more than once in Disney - LOL - you have great taste girls! So happy it worked out!

Loved the update - loved the gifts... Just so sweet! Dis friends are the very best!!!

D~

Cheeky is AWESOME! And so are YOU!!! You are absolutely correct, Dis~friends are just the best! :hug:

I loved the sundress. I tried it on, modeled it for the family, and promptly folded it and tucked it into the Disney tote for the attic. :rolleyes1 Brian made some comment about how it COULD be worn somewhere besides Disney...to which I replied, "yes, it can... but I want NEW clothes for the cruise." He didn't understand, but you all do, right? :lmao:

First off...I must comment on the PixieDusted Package you received from Cheeky! VERY COOL!!! How very sweet and thoughtful of her to send so many wonderful things for you and the kiddos! It seems like she really hit the nail on the head with each kiddo and with you!!! That sundress looks just adorable...I bet you can't wait to wear it!

Second....OMG we're going to have a DISmeet! I am super excited to meet you and for our boys to meet. I think they will have a blast! The best part is that it's just around the corner! I'm so glad that we finally got this scheduled! :banana:

I am SO very excited about our Dismeet!!! Mind if I invite another Dis~friend to join us? Quackattack is a Disfriend and an IRL friend. Thought I would invite her to come along. She is surrounded by men and boys in her life, and always enjoys some girl time. :thumbsup2 Our little guys are going to have a BLAST!!! And I CANNOT wait to meet YOU! :banana:

pixiedust: WOW a Pixi Dust FILLED update!!! pixiedust:
I LOVE the movie night! i am going ot just show up at your house one night, maybe for brave. make sure you make enough for us!!! :rotfl:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SWEET LOVE OF DISNEY! look at all the wonderful goodies!!!!! Cheeky you are such a wonderful friend!!!
The dress is way too cute! it's going to look great! you will Def be showing your Disney side!

yay for finally good stuff!!! :cool1:

Oh, I would LOVE to have Disfriends join a movie night! That would just be fantastic! :cloud9: Just give me a few days advanced notice, so I can go buy out the grocery store... :dance3:

I am so glad we finally have good things coming our way, MO. We went through some disappointments. But you and I never left the Disboards, we never stopped being happy for our friends who were going to Disney, and we never stopped living vicariously through them...and now our time has come! :goodvibes

Let's see...when we last left off, the oopsiFAMILY had just arrived at our home for the week. I had been texting Mom back and forth. They actually got there half an hour before us. They were told there was a room ready, but if they wanted a room near the pool, they could wait. They were told it could be about a 45 minute wait. She promptly decided to wait! And then five minutes later she was told the room was ready! :rotfl2: So, we kept texting. She got to the room, and CALLED me to say that the room was amazing! I could NOT wait to get there and see for myself. :hyper:

We finally arrived, Mom and Dad had just unloaded their car. Our room was on a second floor...but it was a CORNER ROOM! :yay: So does anyone want to see pictures? :confused3 Anyone? :rolleyes1

Okay, enough torture...on to the photo evidence!

The front door/ entrance hallway:

To the right just inside the front door was the laundry room:

The kitchen:

Dining area:

Livingroom:

*the couch pulled out into a KING sized bed. This was the first time we had seen that before. We had planned for one of the kids to sleep in mine and Brian's room on the pull out chair bed, but all three ended up sleeping on the King sofa sleeper. Brian and I had our own room! :cool1:

TV/ Storage in Livingroom:

*Those cabinets were completely empty. The two outside cabinets had shelves and were perfect for the kids to store clothes in, and the middle one had no shelves and was perfect to store their suitcases.

Verandah off the living room AND master suite:

The verandah overlooked a gorgeous golf course. We loved having our coffee out there in the mornings while the attendants were grooming the golf course for the day. :cloud9:

Mine and Brian's bedroom:

Closet/ Armoire in our bedroom:

TV and Chair with pull-out bed:

Ummm. apparently Charity tossed her doll in there while we were trying to get settled. :rotfl2:

Our bathroom:

The tub/shower was behind the door, didn't get a picture of that. So, our room and bathroom were fairly small, but they had their own little "entrance" area that had a door to close it off from the rest of the villa. So, when there wasn't room to dress after shower, if that door was closed we could just walk from the bathroom to the bedroom without an audience. :thumbsup2

Ready for the master suite? Viewpoint from the bed to the verandah:

From the bed into the bathroom/ closet area:

The shower/ toilet room was to the left, behind the tub:

You cannot see the toilet, but it was around a little corner to the left of the shower. You can't tell, but that shower was BIG.

Overall, it was a FANTASTIC room, and if we had to stay off property...it was High Roller Style, baby!!! :dancer:

What an awesome movie night! Can't wait to see what you do for Brave! :cool1:

Thanks! I can't wait ti see what I do for Brave, too! :rotfl2: I have a menu...but decorations are a challenge to my creativity! :faint: I am sure I will come up with something, but it may not be as elaborate as some of the others I have done. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter