The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

I posted this on the Disney gift card thread but thought I'd post here as well:

I just called our local Disney Store in Troy Michigan. They are closing it down permanently without a "Going out of business sale". Items are being shipped to the outlet store which just reopened. Might want to call to see what's happening in your neck of the woods.

With this comes more, buying Dress Shop dresses online will become even more challenging. Having to relying on the reviews posted at shopdsiney have been forever stupid and a waste of time to read with the exception of ONE dress.

Ladies, I will need to rely on YOU. :grouphug: If ever you feel uncomfortable, please feel free to PM me. In earnest, we are not here to judge. but rather to share the joy when we find it!
Ugh!! That stinks! I guess I need to call about my local store!

I got my 2nd Stitch Shoppe order in today. I am so in love with this line! I took horrible pics, but I’m pretty beat up and sore right now from work....so it’s the best I could do

First, the skirt, I love! Has a bit of elastic in the back, but still fits nicely once zipped. I ordered a medium, and I love this skirt way more than the yellow one from my first order. I paired it with the black shirt I got in first order. Oh and it has pockets!!492A71F7-D2CF-4E29-8D99-F04DFF5CD86C.jpeg

And this is the Cinderella dress. I got a size large to fit “the girls,” but really could’ve sized down to a medium. The belt is a tape measure...which is too cute.
B16FC0C8-63CF-4CF9-9D57-A4F9B0C94A72.jpeg
Please ignore my funky tan lines on my feet...I seriously need to do something about that....
I’m 5’5-ish with a short torso and both of these hit right above my knees.

If anyone manages to see this in person, could you check to see if the pockets look removable... my bust doesn't need to be accented with pockets.

I removed the top half of the Disney Trader Sam’s dress

Before

After

I dampened the lower ends where all the stitching was done and pressed it dry and could not see any signs the fabric had been stitched at all. This leaves me to believe the pockets on the Jungle Cruise dress can be removed without leaving any trace they were sewn there.

Even when I hold the fabric up to a light source, the holes can not be seen.
Just be very careful when removing the stitches.

I still love the Disney Shrunken Zombie Head Purse I received from a friend. So much fun!

Ladies -
I went to a gift shop today and they were having 50% off Alex and Ani, and they had several harry potter items. If anyone wants anything, I'll go back. Its not far from where I work. If they had other potter styles, I didn't see them, but I really didn't have time to look.

• regular bracelets: sorting hat (gold and silver), howarts logo, Platform 9 3/4
  • black rope ?bracelets (i assume - they were wrapped around business card size sized package: slytherin, griffyndor
  • rings: harry potter

Speaking of which, this rug looks pretty sweet!
View attachment 511376

Hocus Pocus Area Rug
$49.95 / Size: 92*153 Cm (3 X 5 Ft)
$69.95 / Size: 122*180cm (4 X 6 Ft)
$89.95 / Size: 153*244cm (5 X 8 Ft)
I’m not a huge fan of Hocus Pocus....I’ve maybe seen it once? However, I know several of my friends are huge fans so I picked up this fabric to make them masks....pic will be upside down...sorry...took in car...
54226270-9D39-4E3A-8956-0C21233A3EDE.jpeg
Well....never mind, it’s sideways and that’s pretty much normal posting for me....

Not really a fan of the Vera Bradley Harry Potter line.
I do like the $25 (!!!!) acceptance letter charm though

Apparently there is a typo on this bag tag; there should be an "s" at the end of the last word on the ribbon under the crest on the flap side. I don't know whether that's true, but it's on a few VB fan pages on the Internet.

I’m not a huge fan of Hocus Pocus....
:scared: sacrilege! ;)

I think the worst Hocus Pocus merchandise Disney attempted to release was during the 2017 MNSSHP :crazy:

A closer look at the limited release magicband
511727 :scared::scared::crazy:
I don't care how rare it is for those who were able to purchase it, you couldn't pay me to wear it! Merchandise Pulled

Last edited:
Jungle Cruise dress arrived! It's a bit low cut in front, but fits pretty true to size. It's brighter blue than it looks in pictures. The pockets don't bother me too much. I do think they'd be difficult to remove without damaging the dress.

For the record, I'm 5'1", 120, 32DD, short waisted and wear a small or XS in the Disney dresses. This is a small. Sorry they're sideways, I'm on my phone.

20200721_162625.jpg

20200721_162619.jpg

20200721_162707.jpg

Last edited:
Jungle Cruise dress arrived! It's a bit low cut in front, but fits pretty true to size. It's brighter blue than it looks in pictures. The pockets don't bother me too much. I do think they'd be difficult to remove without damaging the dress.

For the record, I'm 5'1", 120, 32DD, short waisted and wear a small or XS in the Disney dresses. This is a small. Sorry they're sideways, I'm on my phone.

That fits you great!!! Thank you for sharing.

View attachment 512288

View attachment 512289View attachment 512290
That looks amazing on you!

You look awesome and the dress fits you perfectly! Thank you so much for the review, based on it and my weight gain, I belive I would need a medium.
I'm a 34DD, how do you like the pockets on the chest and do they appear to be an easy removal? I'm thinking I'd have to use a seam ripper.

I bought two Lego Disney Castles and need to return one.
I do know if you return an item and used Disney gift cards for the purchase, you need to bring it with you or they will give you a Disney Merchandise Gift Card.
Ugh!! That stinks! I guess I need to call about my local store!

Update: This past Saturday we took a trip a trip to Aurburn Hills 40-45 minute drive to retun the extra Lego castle, no issues there just long lines to get in. Only 16 people allowed in the store at a time.

@anniebean is your local store closing? I may have missed your update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter