The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

Hi everyone! I‘ve been absent from here recently but I missed this board specifically so I came back to share. I got the Jungle Cruise dress today. My husband loves me to pose LOL! I ended up getting a large. My measurements are: 5’3” 34H, 144 lbs. 😊 Hope everyone is doing well!!! ♥

:welcome: Back! Hope all is well! YOU LOOK AMAZING! The more I see this dress on you ladies, the more me likes! ::yes::
Thank you for posting photos and review! :hug: I think there are only two reviews posted so far, you & @The Expert and yes, I'm trying to keep track!

This may sound weird but I have a word document titled "Thia's Closet" which has photos of my entire wardrobe including accessories; jewelry, hats, shoes, purses, wraps, sweaters and coats ~ EVERYTHING! The idea is to not wear the same outfits while on vacation. I can still mix and match tops and bottoms/skirts, wear Disney dresses but I'll use different "accessories" not seen in a previous photo. ;)

Anyway, back to the main subject of keeping track of reviews... I fervently believe the sizes have changed on the dresses over the years and/or the size chart is incorrect.

For example the Mickey Mouse Through the Years dress runs large.
I bought a medium and even though I've gained weight, it's still too big all the way around. I swear it's a large and I haven't had the heart to take it in. The red sweater is definitely a medium.

The Mickey Mouse Sketch dress runs slightly small.

The only dresses that ran true to the size chart are the Tiki dress
Original Orange Bird dress

and the Original Haunted Mansion dress.

I can't speak of the others, these are what I own all in size small.

I did purchase Snow White Apple dress and Trader Sam’s Surplice sundress in size PLUS3X only to make them into skirts. Love these prints!

Which brings me to this, which dress would you like to add to your collection?

For me....
2017 Tower of Terror dress & accessories
View attachment 513578

2019 D23 Expo Haunted Mansion dress
View attachment 513582

2020 Haunted Mansion Wallpaper Dress
View attachment 513580
YUMMY! Yes, please!
I am so jealous of your collection @FoxC63! I already have the purple Haunted Mansion dress. I love the ToT dress. I was looking at one today and just couldn’t pull the trigger. :) I love the white/cream Fantasyland dress and the Christmas/New years sparkly one.
Edit to add I totally forgot about the Tightrope Walker dress

Attachments

• 21E4447B-72CA-4B97-B74B-58C6C3C6E150.jpeg
    21E4447B-72CA-4B97-B74B-58C6C3C6E150.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 0A387862-C1A8-41BC-B6C3-2594ACA49CF0.jpeg
    0A387862-C1A8-41BC-B6C3-2594ACA49CF0.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
:welcome: Back! Hope all is well! YOU LOOK AMAZING! The more I see this dress on you ladies, the more me likes! ::yes::
Thank you for posting photos and review! :hug: I think there are only two reviews posted so far, you & @The Expert and yes, I'm trying to keep track!
Thank you @FoxC63. I loved it when I first saw it. I didn’t even think anything about the pockets LOL!

@FoxC63 Wow! I thought I was organized, but nothing like you!

On notes on my iPhone I have a running list of my Disney Shop dresses and at the bottom my wishlist

I do have the Her Universe Haunted Mansion Ballroom Dress size small but it's not a favorite and it too needs to be altered, maybe sew a different top to the dress or make it into a skirt. Either way, I have do something with it.

I'm not sure if you can see it, but there's a fold on the black facing on one side of the dress, the other side doesn't have that.

No fold here. And on both sides of the dress, the black underarm facings need to be tacked down otherwise they creep out, I've seen it happen on a few women.

There are other issues like the uneven sewing (circled in red) which is seen on the entire front facing, next is the fabric on the zipper, it does not lay flat. The fabric was forced creating a ripple. You can press it all you want but it comes back while wearing. What a shame. I know in the furture I'll think twice before buying another Her Universe Dress Shop dress.

I do have the Her Universe Haunted Mansion Ballroom Dress size small but it's not a favorite and it too needs to be altered, maybe sew a different top to the dress or make it into a skirt. Either way, I have do something with it.
View attachment 513808

I'm not sure if you can see it, but there's a fold on the black facing on one side of the dress, the other side doesn't have that.
View attachment 513809

No fold here. And on both sides of the dress, the black underarm facings need to be tacked down otherwise they creep out, I've seen it happen on a few women.
View attachment 513825

There are other issues like the uneven sewing (circled in red) which is seen on the entire front facing, next is the fabric on the zipper, it does not lay flat. The fabric was forced creating a ripple. You can press it all you want but it comes back while wearing. What a shame. I know in the furture I'll think twice before buying another Her Universe Dress Shop dress.
For some reason just didn’t like that one. I saw they had just the skirt part and I think making it into just a skirt would be a great idea. I’m so jealous of your sewing abilities 😊 Mine just aren’t there yet. I get too nervous. I did end up getting these two Her Universe skirts plus the Loki dress I need to fix because I don’t like the halter ties.

Attachments

• 37B1AB9A-53C2-4B2F-982D-52C4A4EA99A3.jpeg
    37B1AB9A-53C2-4B2F-982D-52C4A4EA99A3.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 11
  • AA48A44D-250F-4BEF-B062-190E4468E110.jpeg
    AA48A44D-250F-4BEF-B062-190E4468E110.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 12
  • DA7D28B1-AC9A-474B-824A-EF8DCB38321C.jpeg
    DA7D28B1-AC9A-474B-824A-EF8DCB38321C.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 12
Not sure if I shared these one yet. I think I have but not 100%.
Strange how sometimes my images go the right way and sometimes they don’t. 🤨

Attachments

• 792369EF-5AC8-4A15-BA80-B3FB873CF4B9.jpeg
    792369EF-5AC8-4A15-BA80-B3FB873CF4B9.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 22
  • A4767F46-3882-46AA-A6AB-04130D1359D3.jpeg
    A4767F46-3882-46AA-A6AB-04130D1359D3.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 23
Hi @MKTokyo :wave2: It's been awhile since we last chatted!

To answer your question, it depends on the dress. Which one are you looking at?
Hi! It has been a while! Hope you & the family are well! :flower3:

I’m looking at the Captain Marvel dress. I didn’t realize it would be included in the Dress Shop at first since it’s a Her Universe. I keep forgetting Disney owns Marvel. I’m always expecting these things to be in different places.

Her Universe did make a satin HM skirt

The dress has a different pattern and this photo doesn't do it justice. The pinstriping and room decor match the main bodice fabric, not sure what color to call it, periwinkle? And the ghosts are outlined in white.

Hi! It has been a while! Hope you & the family are well! :flower3:

I’m looking at the Captain Marvel dress. I didn’t realize it would be included in the Dress Shop at first since it’s a Her Universe. I keep forgetting Disney owns Marvel. I’m always expecting these things to be in different places.

We're doing great thanks for asking!

I belive the 2019 Captain Marvel dress was a limited run so your chances of buying it online at shopDisney is very slim to zero... unless someone ships theirs back. I would also check your local Disney store and outlet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter