The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

If any of you happen to be visiting Disneyland, they carry this line of dresses at The Vault in Downtown Disney. They had a wide variety and most sizes when I was there. I ended up with the Haunted Mansion dress. Very subtle, so can wear it outside of Disney property too! I plan to take it on our Disney cruise.

If any of you happen to be visiting Disneyland, they carry this line of dresses at The Vault in Downtown Disney. They had a wide variety and most sizes when I was there. I ended up with the Haunted Mansion dress. Very subtle, so can wear it outside of Disney property too! I plan to take it on our Disney cruise.

Did they have the Tiki Room dress in Small? I want that dress but all the reports I'm hearing are that it's sold out everywhere.

I can't wait to check out The Vault in a couple weeks... maybe hubby will buy me a dress for my birthday! Lol or maybe not.

Hey guys, just wanted to share my experiences. I went to the shop the day it opened. Couldn't get there until 6 pm due to work and traffic. By that point they were all out of my first choice, the Tiki Room dress, except for plus sizes, but they still had my second choice, Orange Bird, so I got that for myself in medium and a small for my friend. I did receive an AP discount of 20% off both of them. I would love the Tiki dress still but since they have no number to call and can't hold dresses anyway, it may not be in the cards for me.

The orange bird looks so cute on you! I'm dying for a tiki room dress but there were none in stock when I was there in April. I really wish they'd start selling them on-line - there is obviously a huge demand!

The orange bird looks so cute on you! I'm dying for a tiki room dress but there were none in stock when I was there in April. I really wish they'd start selling them on-line - there is obviously a huge demand!

Aw thanks! I wish they'd sell them online too. I get the exclusivity of having to go to a shop to buy it and all. It does make it feel kind of special, but it was SO stressful just to go on that opening day, and without a way to call ahead of time it's not like I can stop by every day after work to check if they have the Tiki dress. With traffic it's like an hour out of my way. So for the majority of guests who aren't locals, they have even less chance of getting it, which I think is uncool especially since Disney never announced that these would be limited edition.

I hope that they make more of the Tiki dress for everyone, cause it is amazing. Great quality and so cute. I wore mine for Easter in Wisconsin and twice in New Orleans for vacation. So many complements on it. Definetly not a dress for only Disney. My parents last day of vacation was the day the store opened and they were nice enough to go pick me up 3 dresses. A little info on fit. I got all 3 in medium, tiki, orange bird, and tot. The tiki has the most stretch and fits snug now. The orange bird is too small to zip up and has very little stretch to it. Tot is an all together different fit and quality, not my favorite one and if I would have been there I probably wouldn't have bought. Love the cut of Tiki and Orange bird. Hope they make more designs.

Aw thanks! I wish they'd sell them online too. I get the exclusivity of having to go to a shop to buy it and all. It does make it feel kind of special, but it was SO stressful just to go on that opening day, and without a way to call ahead of time it's not like I can stop by every day after work to check if they have the Tiki dress. With traffic it's like an hour out of my way. So for the majority of guests who aren't locals, they have even less chance of getting it, which I think is uncool especially since Disney never announced that these would be limited edition.
Definitely. I'm in Canada so it will be at least another year before my next Disney trip. On-line is my only hope.

Also, I love that a few of you are saying you can wear the dresses outside the parks. It never occurred to me to wear them IN the parks, hahaha! I just want one for every day wear - I would feel so happy going to the office in a tiki room or orange bird dress! :)

Definitely. I'm in Canada so it will be at least another year before my next Disney trip. On-line is my only hope.

Also, I love that a few of you are saying you can wear the dresses outside the parks. It never occurred to me to wear them IN the parks, hahaha! I just want one for every day wear - I would feel so happy going to the office in a tiki room or orange bird dress! :)

Definitely don't see myself wearing Orange Bird every day of the week or to work, but it's a great "fun night out" dress.

How about a photo? Would really love to see you in your new dress!

We were there on the 25th and they had Minnie, ToT, HM, and Belle in a variety of sizes. I tried on all but the Minnie one. Before trying them, I was leaning towards ToT, but ended up buying HM. I just loved the cut/fit of it. The Beauty and the Beast one seemed to run bigger than the other two.

Does anyone know when the dressed will come back in stock this year? I was able to snag a Pirates dress when I was there for Dapper Day weekend in April.

Does anyone know when the dressed will come back in stock this year? I was able to snag a Pirates dress when I was there for Dapper Day weekend in April.
I actually sent an e-mail to Disney to ask about this (or to find out when they'll be available on-line) but haven't received a response yet.

I actually sent an e-mail to Disney to ask about this (or to find out when they'll be available on-line) but haven't received a response yet.
When i was there last time i was told they randomly receive stock all the time but they never know when, or what they'll be getting. Basically they know as much as we do. LOL.

I won't lie I find it comforting that they are also in the dark : ) I am hoping the high demand means the dresses are here to stay.

When i was there last time i was told they randomly receive stock all the time but they never know when, or what they'll be getting. Basically they know as much as we do. LOL.
I just wanted to make sure that they will keep continuing to restock, as I've heard rumors these dresses were a limited run.

It's been almost a week and Disney hasn't replied to my e-mail inquiry. :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter