The faceless children take a top-secret trip to WDW...

You did a great job on JJ's hair! I think it looks like a very stylish boys cut. All the little boys that live near us have long or longish hair...I guess it's "in" right now.

What kind of souvenirs are you going to buy? I've decided that we're going to go to Once Upon a Toy at DTD to check out the all the Mr. Potato Head and/or My Little Pony accessories you can stuff in a box deals. I can't wait to see all the girly stuff you come back with for your DD.

I want a full report on the Chip & Dale Campfire.

Also, you are officially a professional packer. People would pay money to get suitcases that well pack. Wow!!

Your trip is getting soo close! Your DS has the prettiest hair! I like the way you cut it! Oh, and awesome packing!! I would never be able to fit everything like that. No. Way.

Thanks, I love his hair. I'm glad it stayed curly. It's weird looking at him with his hair short, but much easier to peer around him to read him a story! :lmao:

You did a great job on JJ's hair! I think it looks like a very stylish boys cut. All the little boys that live near us have long or longish hair...I guess it's "in" right now.

What kind of souvenirs are you going to buy? I've decided that we're going to go to Once Upon a Toy at DTD to check out the all the Mr. Potato Head and/or My Little Pony accessories you can stuff in a box deals. I can't wait to see all the girly stuff you come back with for your DD.

I want a full report on the Chip & Dale Campfire.

Also, you are officially a professional packer. People would pay money to get suitcases that well pack. Wow!!

Thanks! I think it turned out really well, I was surprised. At first when I saw how short it was I panicked a little, but it ended up great. It was hard cutting his hair while he was wearing a buzz costume!

I don't know all that many little boys, so I can't say what the style is around here. :confused3 J.J. isn't in daycare or preschool so all I see are the neighbors and kids at the park and the zoo, and I guess I've never paid attention to their hair! :rotfl:

I don't know what we'll get for souvenirs yet. I think DH wants to wait on the lightsabre. We've done the Mr. Potato head thing...more than once. I will just have to see what else they have and what J.J. is interested in. I like the build your own ears, and I want to check out the lego store. I am pretty picky about toys, plus for the most part I try and avoid plastic (not always...I let the kids have what they really love, but all the other toys that aren't their favorites I try to have more natural toys for them to play with) so it will be interesting to see what disney has. I know they have a lot of cloth dolls right now, and tons of stuffed toys. I doubt they have much wood, but for awhile the disney store had wood stuff, so who knows. I'm excited just thinking about it!

I will definitely give you a full report on the campfire. I can't wait! DH isn't too excited about it, but that's okay because I'm excited enough for both of us!

Well, that packing did take me all of naptime, so it better be good! There are two layers of rolled clothes in there! And rolling tiny clothes is not as easy as you would think...it gets bulky fast sometimes. The rolling works great though, you should try it! I think I'm going to re-pack our adult bag into a bigger bag, because we really need the space. So more rolling is in my future! :laughing:

You are so brave to cut his hair! It turned out wonderfully, though!

Nice packing job too! I loved when I had to pack diapers, because then I knew I was guaranteed a ton of extra room on the way home. You're so close to going!

I don't remember seeing many non-plastic toys at WDW anywhere. I prefer them for my boys too (although plastic Legos rule in our house!), but it seems to get harder and harder as they get older.

You are so brave to cut his hair! It turned out wonderfully, though!

Nice packing job too! I loved when I had to pack diapers, because then I knew I was guaranteed a ton of extra room on the way home. You're so close to going!

I don't remember seeing many non-plastic toys at WDW anywhere. I prefer them for my boys too (although plastic Legos rule in our house!), but it seems to get harder and harder as they get older.

If by brave you mean cheap...:lmao: I wouldn't brave it if it wasn't curly. It's hard to mess up curly too bad, it kind of fixes itself as it dries!

I wish I could use disposables for that reason! But Syd's skin is too sensitive, it can't handle it for a few hours, muchless a few days! I tried the "hybrid" systems that cloth diapers have now, with a cloth diaper outer and a disposable inner, but she pees too much too quickly for them. So laundry it is! At least I get the extra packing room from the juice and soymilk!

Well, I will be seeking out the non-plastic stuff and reporting back what I find! It is harder as they get older, I'm sure. That's why I'm letting them have what they want, but you know how you buy them extra toys for the holidays and stuff, things they don't ask for? That's what I'm making to "my" standards! I figure it's a good compromise.

Your trip is getting so close!!! We are there at exactly the same time and are staying at POP also!!! Maybe we will run in to each other. We will be easy to spot because we will have Pal Mickey and Schmooney (pics of him in my PTR) with us. YAY for Single Digit Dancing BTW!!!!

Your trip is getting so close!!! We are there at exactly the same time and are staying at POP also!!! Maybe we will run in to each other. We will be easy to spot because we will have Pal Mickey and Schmooney (pics of him in my PTR) with us. YAY for Single Digit Dancing BTW!!!!

Hi! I will hop over to your PTR and read up when I get a chance! DH should be installing new windows on my laptop tonight so I should be able to get caught up on all my DIS-ing in the next few days. I hope we see each other, we should be easy to spot too, with the curly haired boy and the red-headed baby girl. They will be the ones screaming, because they are crazy. :lmao:

Quick update before I run back upstairs to the sleeping children!

8 days!

9. Character Meals

Now, when I asked Sydney today who she was going to see, she nodded "yes" that she was going to meet all the face characters (other than tinkerbell :confused3) and no that she wasn't going to meet any of the pooh characters or the fab 5. So this could go poorly. But we will see! We're paying off plan for Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, and Boma. If we keep them. We've been feeling a little cheap lately. But I would say 80% sure we'll be doing them. I just love character meals!

8. Pressed Pennies

We had SO many from our previous trips. Then J.J. and I spent a few days this summer trying to clean them, and we ruined them. :eek: So, time to start again. At least we have the pressed penny books!

The things we have done lately...since I lost my list, I'll just fill you in.

I remade my packing list, and figured out what can be packed now. Again. Then I re-packed bag 3 into a slightly bigger bag. We're getting there.

I also made Syd some new (bigger) diaper covers. These are a few of them. She's growing like a weed, and I refuse to put a velcro diaper on her anymore. She takes it off instantly. Even if she is wearing pants. I don't know how! :confused3 She's a Houdini!

100_0790.jpg

While I was doing that, I made her this for her doll. A teeny tiny cover! She always makes me put diapers on her doll, so when she saw this cover she was pleased as punch. :lovestruc

100_0791.jpg

Hmm...what else. I finished shopping for the vegan food for my friend. Now I have only to make cornbread and muffins left on my list. Then that is all taken care of.

Soon I am going to make my postcard list. If anyone wants a fairy godmailer, or just wants a postcard from WDW, let me know, and I would be delighted to send you some disney mail!

And, this is OT, but since you guys have little kids, where better to ask? J.J. is getting interested in having chapter books read to him. We just started a few days ago. I wasn't sure how he'd do without many pictures, but he's really interested. So far we've read Pee Wee Scouts, Russell Sprouts, Russell and Elisa, and the first book in the Magic Tree House series. He likes the Russell books a lot and LOVED the Magic Tree House book (we read it all tonight. Okay, we read 90% of Russell and Elisa tonight too. He loves to be read to! The trouble is keeping Sydney occupied while we read!), so I have a few more of those on the way. Any other suggestions that would fall into this category of books? It has been a long time since I was reading them! I have a Junie B. Jones book on the way, it was the only other thing that I remembered from babysitting. I would love some input!

The Sophie Books are Cute, Hard to find I think but the Library usually has them (Sophie's Snail, Sophie's Tom, Sophie's Lucky etc...)
I love the Russell and Elisa stuff
Boxcar Children
Bobsey Twins
Mrs. Pigglewiggle

I'm completely brain dead tonight when it come to book titles! I've been trying to come up with a few for my students and can't for them either! Anyway, a few thoughts: Ready Freddy Readers (not the regular Ready Freddy books as they may be above his head, but the Readers are great), Flat Stanley (there's a whole series of them now), The Littles.

A word of caution -- you may want to preview some of the Magic Tree House books before you read them to JJ. My son read most of them when he was 6 or so, and I wouldn't let him read the Civil War or the Titantic ones. I thought those were too much for someone that age. To be honest Junie B. gets on my nerves. She's just too annoying for me! :) Barbara Park is a good author though, but you'll have to wait a few years (many years!) for her better books.

Oh! The Henry and Mudge books! They're shorter chapter books with better pictures, but they're great! There's Robin Hill School, too (they're ok). Horrible Harry is probably too much for him (the setting is always school, and if you're not familiar with how school works, they're hard to comprehend. It was the end of first grade before my son really got those.) There's Nate the Great and Cam Jansen. Those are both mysteries, so you'd have to try one and see.

Wow, I ended up with quite a few! I wish I was doing that well with book titles for my cherubs! (Of course, I know for sure they're not going to be thrilled with my choices for them because they're not fantasy or animal stories. That makes it harder because I'm not trying to torture them! :))

Thank you both for all the great suggestions! We use paperbackswap.com, so I just hopped over there and ordered a whole slew of books. J.J. is going to be thrilled!

You are getting so close to your trip! :yay: The haircut turned out great. I love the curls. My hair is so straight I am always envious of natural curls. :laughing:

If you have room on your Fairy Godmailer list, let me know because DD would love one since we are headed back in a few months.

The only wooden toys I can think of that I know you'll find at Disney are Lincoln Logs & Tinker Toys. I'm getting so excited for your trip, and the following trip report.;) I can't wait to see what you find.

You are getting so close to your trip! :yay: The haircut turned out great. I love the curls. My hair is so straight I am always envious of natural curls. :laughing:

If you have room on your Fairy Godmailer list, let me know because DD would love one since we are headed back in a few months.

Haha my mom has curls and she hates them. I have curls and I love them, but they're hit or miss. Everyone in my family has curly hair that turns frizzy and poofy if you brush it. So the solution is not to brush it and it looks great, but some people in my family refuse to listen to me on that one...:rolleyes1

There is always room! Send me a PM and I will be happy to send her one!

The only wooden toys I can think of that I know you'll find at Disney are Lincoln Logs & Tinker Toys. I'm getting so excited for your trip, and the following trip report.;) I can't wait to see what you find.

I told DH it's my mission to find non-plastic toys at disney. He said, "...do they have them?" :rotfl: I KNOW they have tons of stuffed toys, I'm pretty sure they even have them beyond just stuffed animals. I will be searching! If disney has it, I will find it! :thumbsup2

Okay, I'm all caught up! Sorry I've been MIA it's just been so busy around here lately!

JJ's haircut is adorable! And he wrote his name on that envelope so well! :goodvibes

A word of advice on the pressed penny money. I kept it in my carry on where it was easy to grab and put seperately in a bin at airport security. I always pointed out to them that we had rolls of coins (or tubes of coins on the way home) and they just nodded and let us pass through. I've heard horror stories from others who didn't point this out to security so just a heads up! :)

Okay, I'm all caught up! Sorry I've been MIA it's just been so busy around here lately!

JJ's haircut is adorable! And he wrote his name on that envelope so well! :goodvibes

A word of advice on the pressed penny money. I kept it in my carry on where it was easy to grab and put seperately in a bin at airport security. I always pointed out to them that we had rolls of coins (or tubes of coins on the way home) and they just nodded and let us pass through. I've heard horror stories from others who didn't point this out to security so just a heads up! :)

I completely understand busy, so no worries!

Thanks about the haircut! He's getting better about writing things...he doesn't like tracing letters in his workbooks, but somehow he's figured out how to write a lot of letters anyway. I spell things for him, and most of the time they come out gibberish when he writes them. But the other day I spelled fish for him and he wrote this:

DSC02242.jpg

Which isn't too bad! He's getting big, and he's such an eager learner!

Thanks for the tip about the pennies and security. I'm not sure what I'm packing and what I'm carrying yet :-)scared1:) but I will make sure to do that if I carry them on!

Sorry for no pictures, I will be sure to get caught up on that tomorrow.

We leave for WDW in ONE WEEK!!!! :banana:

I can hardly believe it!

7. Sunshine! ;)

This is actually not what I'm looking forward to, but J.J. sure is! Every day when we take a stroller walk, he tells me he's cold. And he wants cocoa. And he is totally bundled up! He will be SO happy to be in shorts weather again!

Today we made pressed penny tubes, and filled them. And then J.J. spilled his and spent the longest time re-filling it, but somehow there were three pennies left over when he was done. :laughing: So I will have to check that one.

It's been a long time since I've been on.....looks like I got a LOT of catching up to do. :surfweb:

:laughing: Welcome Back! I hope everything is going well there and that those beautiful babies of yours are happy and healthy! I'm sure your little guy is so very big now! I hope you get back to your TR, I can't wait to read more about it!

Aww, that's so good! I'm not a big believer in workbooks so I'm not at all surprised that he's figuring out how to write in his own way. :goodvibes

Hurray for making pressed penny tubes! Even though they spilled it's feels good to cross things off the list. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter