The faceless children take a top-secret trip to WDW...

Aww, that's so good! I'm not a big believer in workbooks so I'm not at all surprised that he's figuring out how to write in his own way. :goodvibes

Hurray for making pressed penny tubes! Even though they spilled it's feels good to cross things off the list. :thumbsup2

Well generally he LOVES workbooks, which is why I do them with him. He begs to do more of them. He just hates the tracing parts, so mostly we skip those. Why bother if he doesn't like it? He's three, he'll learn it all eventually. I'm happy he's such an eager little learner, so I don't want to ruin that!

It does feel good to cross things off the list. The list is still WAY too long for 6 days, but I'm chipping away at it! :goodvibes

FOUR days!

DSC02336.jpg

I would love to say I'm giddy with excitement, but I'm just freaking out, mostly. Did I say it's been TWO years since my last big vacation? First big vacation with both of the babies? Too much to pack, too much to do before we go! :scared1:

That said...still counting down.

6. Wishing Well
I had almost given up on the wishing well. I had believed in it's magic, but then some of my wishes didn't come true. (Mostly, regarding my dad.) So I had even told DH that I thought I couldn't wish on the wishing well anymore. But then wlake sent me some pixie dust for wishing, and told me all about how the wishing well worked it's magic for her, and it cheered me up so very much, that I just have to wish again! It really made my day :wizard:, and I am so glad that I'll wish this time after all! I have some very important wishing to do!

5. Taking it slow

Never have I ever taken it slow at disneyworld. We are total park commandos. But this time I really hope to. See all the little things. Not rush. Will it happen, probably not. But I can hope, anyway!

4. Pictures

I am no expert photographer, but how I cherish every single one of my pictures from disney! I'm already looking forward to looking through all of them, and I haven't even taken any of them! Plus, we're already planning some specialty faceless shots for the TR, so I am excited about that as well!

I feel like we haven't done much on my to do list the last few days. I've:

Packed some last minute items.

Tried on my Ellen Costume (and then packed it).

And injured myself on a brisk walk. HOW? HOW? :confused3 I don't know what I did, but somehow I am in pain where my leg meets my butt. (TMI? Sorry, but that's where it is!) And I tried bengay on it, but that didn't work, so it may not be the muscle like I thought. There's no bruise, but that's what it feels like. I am hoping against hope that it goes away before Thursday. There is enough time to cause myself pain from walking while I am walking around the parks for 11 days! So I am focusing all my energy into healing myself. Because that will work. :rolleyes1 It's not REALLY bad, but it's not fun either. I have a few days, so it should be okay.

Oh, and here are the kids pressed penny tubes, since I don't have any other pictures to share!

DSC02337.jpg

Aww, thanks for the kind words!

I cannot get over your calendar -- 4 DAYS! Lucky you!

Going slowly is much easier with the little ones. You'll be looking for the quiet places for snacks and breaks, and those are the places you've probably never seen! :rotfl:

I can't focus right now -- two boys clamoring for lunch because they've never been fed before. More later!

:woohoo: FOUR DAYS!! I can hardly believe it- it seems like just yesterday you were having to postpone your trip and now its almost here! :goodvibes

I think it's normal to feel anxious right before a big vacation. So much thought and time has gone into the preparation that it's hard not to feel that way! :hug:

Pictures are definately one of the best parts. :)

Taking it slow is always a good idea, especially with little ones. Pushing ourselves led to my little meltdown but the rest of the week (as you'll see if I can ever get my udates done :rolleyes: ) we took it slow and it was SOOOO much better!

I can't wait to see how the costumes turned out! :upsidedow

I hope your leg feels better soon- an injury would definately be no fun! :sad2:

Pressed penny tubes look great- and they are just so much fun!

Aww, thanks for the kind words!

I cannot get over your calendar -- 4 DAYS! Lucky you!

Going slowly is much easier with the little ones. You'll be looking for the quiet places for snacks and breaks, and those are the places you've probably never seen! :rotfl:

I can't focus right now -- two boys clamoring for lunch because they've never been fed before. More later!

Haha yes, those quiet places are the ones we just breezed by on our quest to get to the next ride!

I know how that is. Two can seem like 20 some days, can't it? I've been thinking of you. Hope you're doing well these days!

4 DAYS!!!!!!!!! :cheer2:

I'm so very excited for you!!!

Me too! :lmao: It is really soon. It seems even sooner since we have to be on the airplane at 6:15 on Thursday morning, which means we have to be at the airport...well, I don't like to think about it. Let's just say it's practically Wednesday night. ;)

:woohoo: FOUR DAYS!! I can hardly believe it- it seems like just yesterday you were having to postpone your trip and now its almost here! :goodvibes

I know! Time flies, doesn't it?

I think it's normal to feel anxious right before a big vacation. So much thought and time has gone into the preparation that it's hard not to feel that way! :hug:

It's pretty overwhelming. Especially since we're on property so it's harder to feel like, "Well, if I forget it, I'll just buy it." It's more challenging without a car. I mean, I like that part of it, but it just stresses me out a little more.

Pictures are definately one of the best parts. :)

Most certainly!

Taking it slow is always a good idea, especially with little ones. Pushing ourselves led to my little meltdown but the rest of the week (as you'll see if I can ever get my udates done :rolleyes: ) we took it slow and it was SOOOO much better!

It's going to be hard for me. But it's always good to have a goal!

I can't wait to see how the costumes turned out! :upsidedow

They're coming along really well!

I hope your leg feels better soon- an injury would definately be no fun! :sad2:

You must have changed your post since this is different than what came to my email! ;) BUT, I thought it was SO funny that it would fit in with my plans to go slow. I never would have thought of it that way! But it's true! Maybe it will be for the best if I don't heal quickly. (But I still hope I heal quickly!)

Pressed penny tubes look great- and they are just so much fun!

I had a hard time re-sizing the labels to fit on the tubes, so they're kind of pixelated. But that's okay, since neither of my children can read. :laughing:

Haha, you caught me! I figured you'd think it was funny but then after I read it it sounded so unsympathetic that I changed it. ;)

3 Days! 3 Days! How exciting!

I hope your leg feels better before Thursday! The pressed penny tubes are so cute and I can't wait to see your special faceless pictures your have planned!

I can't believe you're so close!!:woohoo:

Take lots of pictures of the backs of those heads.:laughing:

You're going to put us all into withdrawal, waiting for you to return & start your trip report.

I can't believe your so close!!:woohoo:

Take lots of pictures of the backs of those heads.:laughing:

You're going to put us all into withdrawal, waiting for you to return & start your trip report.

Haha I would believe you more if I was a good updater! ;)

I've been there...it feels like forever when you're waiting for someone to return, but it always flies by for the person on vacation! I will be diligently waiting for you to return when you go on your trip!

Two days!

Let me repeat that. TWO DAYS! TWO days from now, I will be sleeping soundly in a pop century bed. Probably. Or unpacking and decorating the hotel room. But doing something in a Pop Century hotel room. Glorious!

Let's get caught up on that countdown, shall we?

3. Videos

We don't have a video camera, but we take lots of videos on our cameras. It works out better for us that way, because no one here has the patience to sit down and watch a long video, and it's fast and easy to take and watch them on the camera. However, last trip, I think we took one tiny little video. I don't know why, I think I was just too caught up in taking pictures. But, this time DH and I both have our own cameras, so we're hoping to take a lot more video, since one of us can be taking pictures and the other one can be taking a video. Not sure if that will happen, since in reality one of us is taking the pictures or video and the other is helping the kids with the characters or whatever, but video will be taken. Pictures don't quite capture the moment like video does. The only problem is that it's always LOUD where ever you are at disney, so that hurts the video some.

2. The Boardwalk

I am very sentimental about the boardwalk. When DH and I were in high school (I think he was 17 and I was 16) we took a trip to disney with our moms, and we ended up going off to the boardwalk by ourselves. We definitely talked about how the next time we came (we figured 5 or 6 years probably), we would probably be married and have a baby and we would stay at the boardwalk, since it was so very beautiful there. I know, I was 16, but that's how 16 is, right? :lovestruc I believe I got a corn dog. (I remember this because I was also very sentimentally attached to corn dogs :confused3 until I had bronchitis in college and DH made me some to make me feel better since it was all that I wanted and it was the worst food that I have ever eaten in my whole life. I am no longer fond of corn dogs.) But anyway, the point of that was that I always have to return to the boardwalk. It represents something simple and pure in my past, before I knew all the twists and turns life had in store for me. I thought it was just going to be easy and happily ever after. I had no idea. It wasn't going to be smooth sailing getting married young...lots of opposition and we just ended up living together for a few years because people were SO horrible to us about the idea of us getting married. It wasn't going to be easy to get pregnant, and once I did, it's always bumpy ride for me, high risk and stressful. We're not going to have 6 kids because of that. DH didn't end up going into pharmacy so we're far from rich. We'll probably never stay at the boardwalk. But life is wonderful all the same, and I am so happy with how it has turned out. We have these two beautiful babies, DH has a job that he loves, and I am so lucky to be able to stay home and live a life that I really consider to be perfect for me. If I had all the money in the world, I would still want to stay home with my babies, playing and cooking and reading all day long. It makes my heart happy. And still, I love returning to the boardwalk, and basking in that "what might have been" that I find there. I'm like that. There's a reason why The Great Gatsby is my favorite book.

"'Can’t repeat the past?' he cried incredulously. 'Why of course you can!'
He looked around him wildly, as if the past were lurking here in the shadow of his house, just out of reach of his hand."

:flower3:

Anyway, the last two days have just been insanity. I do not want to be packing tomorrow night! :scared1: I spent all afternoon packing, and there is still more to do. We went to the store tonight to pick up some last minute things. And the list of things to do is still so very long.

So, we are very busy. I will update tomorrow night, and then we're off to the airport for a 6 am flight on Thursday morning! I'm sure the magic will begin when we're there, because this panic over getting everything done in time and not forgetting everything isn't exactly magical!

:lovestruc That is the sweetest memory! I'm so happy for you that you get to go back to such a special place with your dh. Life takes its twists but that's what makes it interesting and worth getting out of bed in the morning. How boring would it be if we always knew what was around every corner.

I hope you have a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

That is THE most sweetwest thing I have heard/read today! Thank you for cheering me up because it is soo blah here!
I came to tell you that I hope you have a wonderful trip and create lots of great memories!!!:lovestruc

Great update.

When my family gets together we talk about the past a lot - what was fun, what was awful. It's always the same stories, the same situations. DH says it's the same conversations every time. I told him that it's my way of remembering the good stuff I want to re-create for DD & the bad stuff I want to help sheild her from. It's the vacations that always stand out. It breaks up the years, really defines one point in time from the next & helps us keep the memories in order.

DH & I met when he was 19 & I was 17. Fourteen years later, nothing is how we expected it to be, but there isn't a single thing I would change. :hug:

ONE DAY!!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Have a great trip! I'm sure it will be wonderful. I can't wait to hear all about it!

PS Don't forget to pack your pixie dust! :) pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter