The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

Finally got an answer and the CM said the LLIA$ limit is 2, so you can book one in each park.

Still given my history of being told (I did screenshot the name of the CM) one thing and then being asked which CM told me that, I would feel better if someone can report back on an actual experience.

We were not planning on buying park hoppers, but for those who have it, you can book ROTR and FOP. This is a big advantage over those of us who can only pre book 1 ride per day now that some rides have moved to the Genie+ pool.

It’s a robotic answer on the chat that you can book 2; no I can’t if I don’t have park hoppers! Now the following response is worrying me that the CM has no idea what they’re taking about:

Last edited:
Finally got an answer and the CM said the LLIA$ limit is 2, so you can book one in each park.

Still given my history of being told (I did screenshot the name of the CM) one thing and then being asked which CM told me that, I would feel better if someone can report back on an actual experience.

We were not planning on buying park hoppers, but for those who have it, you can book ROTR and FOP. This is a big advantage over those of us who can only pre book 1 ride per day now that some rides have moved to the Genie+ pool.

It’s a robotic answer on the chat that you can book 2; no I can’t if I don’t have park hoppers! Now the following response is worrying me that the CM has no idea what they’re taking about:

View attachment 653387
Thanks for asking!

I don’t know why fair/not fair came into the picture. I was trying to understand the system so we can see if it’s advantageous to add park hoppers

I’m going to run for the hills and hit my head on the wall now!!!

Good luck to you all who are park hopping!

Finally I was told yes I can’t purchase 2 if I have base tickets and even before I could say bye, the CM dropped the chat and I got a feedback screen. I didn’t click anything, it was actually hilarious. I probably ruined her day.

The Individual Lightning Lane info is clear: You could purchase a maximum of two if you have an AP or park hopper, since there's currently only one ILL in each of the parks.

Of course this could change in the future, if they put the rides that moved to G+ back as ILL selections or make other rides ILLs. Right now that isn't the case.

The Individual Lightning Lane info is clear: You could purchase a maximum of two if you have an AP or park hopper, since there's currently only one ILL in each of the parks.

Of course this could change in the future, if they put the rides that moved to G+ back as ILL selections or make other rides ILLs. Right now that isn't the case.
Yes but the first response that ANY guest can purchase a maximum of 2 is not true.

Further down, the statement regarding park hoppers ends with despite your ticket type is also not true.

Only guests with park hoppers can book 2. People with base tickets are only allowed 1 LLIA per day.

Yes but they first response that ANY guest can purchase a maximum of 2 is not true.

Only guests with park hoppers can book 2.
Very true. Bad enough that the rules for everything are not exactly straightforward but it's all made even more convoluted by how easy it is to interpret things. I mean, an argument could be made that any guest could purchase 2 ILLs--the could being dependent on that guest having park hoppers. But that should be made clear upfront.

Very true. Bad enough that the rules for everything are not exactly straightforward but it's all made even more convoluted by how easy it is to interpret things. I mean, an argument could be made that any guest could purchase 2 ILLs--the could being dependent on that guest having park hoppers. But that should be made clear upfront.
‘despite your ticket type’ AND ‘any person with a valid theme park ticket’

• Rule: max 2 ILL’s per day. This is a max, not a guarantee of 2.
  • currently there is only 1 ILL per park
  • therefore in practice you can only book 1 ILL currently unless you have PH
if I think like a computer that’s what I come up with.

In general there is synergy between G+ and $ILL PH since there is more to choose from and if you keep your 2nd park flex you can capitalize on unexpected availability for RotR or FoP. This could be a good strategy for offsite guests having difficulty getting these 2 rides.

Last edited:
So is it pretty easy to get a LlIA$ for FOP for the am (9 am-12 pm) at 7 am?

AK Park opens at 9 am last week of March. It’s too late for Disney to make park hour changes hopefully?

So is it pretty easy to get a LlIA$ for FOP for the am (9 am-12 pm) at 7 am?

AK Park opens at 9 am last week of March. It’s too late for Disney to make park hour changes hopefully?

It's really a matter of guests who are able to book ILL$ fastest being awarded the earliest times. They will fill quickly so you'll want to be online and start booking the moment you get through.

Disney can change it's hours up until the actual day. As you get closer it's less likely they will change the AM hours but it's possible so you'll want to continue to monitor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter