The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 2! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've only been on the 4th floor all 5 stays and the water pressure was very good early morning. Cannot stand weak water pressure! :)

When we stayed there last year in September, my hair was down to my waist and so thick and curly it won't fit in most barrettes. I totally understand your concern. I had *NO* problems washing it in the shower in our room. You should be A-OK! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

(Hehe... and this year it barely reaches my shoulders again! No washing it problems, no heat problems, no getting it caught in rides, and biggest wohoo, another 16 inches donated!)

Heather
Pop Century Sept 19-27th
Can't come soon enough!

Thank you both for answering my question. I can't stand being at a hotel and having horrible water pressure. I feel much better now. Thank you!

Water pressure has been fine in the past for our family too. Not a problem. Also lots of hot water. Never ran out.

Quick question for all you veteran POPers out there. How is the water pressure in the showers? I ask this because I have very thick curly hair and if the pressure isn't very strong, it takes me FOREVER to wash my hair. Just thought I'd ask so I can figure out how long it's going to take me to get ready in the mornings! TIA! :goodvibes

I don't remember having a problem with water pressure but with the water itself. After a few days my hair felt very heavy. This year I'm bringing a deep cleaning shampoo and cream rinse. I can't do without using both but I hated the way my hair felt.

Mid-Day breaks....
When we were there in May in was sooooo hot - there was no way that we could have got through the day without a mid-day swim or nap!

Water Pressure...
I thought the water pressure in the shower was fine, but funny enough, the water pressure in the sink was really curmmy - not a big deal at all, bit it seemed like there was more air coming out of the faucet than water!

To all of you who are going soon - you will have a wonderful time...I thought the bus service, food court, shop, landscaping and CM's at PoP were all fantastic!! Put it this way - we are going back in September...My Mom is paying as I am going with her this time, and she told me to pick any resort I wanted....after doing a lot of research and taking everything into consideration - I choose PoP again! It's totally worth it! And as for the fancier, more expensive resorts - you can go over there for dinner and look around and enjoy what they have to offer - lets face it, how much time do you really spend at your resort anyway!

Mid-Day breaks....
When we were there in May in was sooooo hot - there was no way that we could have got through the day without a mid-day swim or nap!

Water Pressure...
I thought the water pressure in the shower was fine, but funny enough, the water pressure in the sink was really curmmy - not a big deal at all, bit it seemed like there was more air coming out of the faucet than water!

To all of you who are going soon - you will have a wonderful time...I thought the bus service, food court, shop, landscaping and CM's at PoP were all fantastic!! Put it this way - we are going back in September...My Mom is paying as I am going with her this time, and she told me to pick any resort I wanted....after doing a lot of research and taking everything into consideration - I choose PoP again! It's totally worth it! And as for the fancier, more expensive resorts - you can go over there for dinner and look around and enjoy what they have to offer - lets face it, how much time do you really spend at your resort anyway!

I agree with you to a certain extent. I think it depends on the TYPE of trip you take to Disney. If you are going Park, Parks, Parks then POP (or the values) are the way to go. Lets face it, they are the cheapest! They have great food courts and they have everything you need.

But that said, we like to have some relaxation too at Disney and therefore we like to have the better pools with slides and love, love to have SHADE at the pools :lmao: And of course you really can't ever compare the monorail to a bus system. So our trip to the Grand Floridian won't easily be beat just for this reason alone! But we are looking forward to our stay at POP. It will be our last for a while since we bought BLT but I think we will still love POP as our favorite Value!!

Can't wait! We leave in 7 days!

Mid-Day breaks....

Water Pressure...

that was so true about the water pressure in the sink.

For those who stayed in rooms 3434 and 3435...
does anyone have pics of the view? I'd love to see them! :goodvibes
How close were these rooms to the parking lot?

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much!

I would have to go through my pictures to see what are good enough to post. ;) As for how far are they from the parking lot. I would say about a 3 minute walk. This does not include elevator waiting time.:lmao:

Thanks so much!

No pictures (that I can get to since they are all downloaded on my daughters computer:guilty:) but since the Tramp building is on the back side of the property, it isn't that close to the parking lot. If you are wanting a lake view with a view of the fireworks and close to the parking lot I would request:
  • Jukebox building
  • 4th floor
  • lakeside with a view of fireworks

This would get you the same view and closer to the parking lot. Rooms 2451 through 2460 would all be great rooms for that request. You can see it on this website:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/PopCenturyMap.pdf
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24322398&postcount=1162

Originally Posted by momofmikey
does anyone have pics of the view? I'd love to see them!
Thanks so much!

We don't have any photos ether....but wouldn't want a room in bldg 2 (Jukebox) facing EPCOT b/c the trees are so tall now you can barely see over them. The room numbers are different on that side. We were in room 2457 right after POP opened, then we checked it out in 2006 and the trees were blocking the view. So, I'd recommend bldg 3, 4th floor, fireworks view. :) Rooms 3433 - 3436. The rooms closer to the corner are blocked by trees now too. Room 3413 is the opposite end and although you cannot see from the window, you can just step outside the door and look to the right - perfect!

As for parking...we've been in the Jukebox bldg 2 and Tramp bldg 3 and parking was just as easy. There is a sidewalk right from the parking lot to the Tramp bldg - it was maybe 3 min walk. :thumbsup2

Happy Planning!!! :goodvibes

We don't have any photos ether....but wouldn't want a room in bldg 2 (Jukebox) facing EPCOT b/c the trees are so tall now you can barely see over them. The room numbers are different on that side. We were in room 2457 right after POP opened, then we checked it out in 2006 and the trees were blocking the view. So, I'd recommend bldg 3, 4th floor, fireworks view. :) Rooms 3433 - 3436. The rooms closer to the corner are blocked by trees now too. Room 3413 is the opposite end and although you cannot see from the window, you can just step outside the door and look to the right - perfect!

As for parking...we've been in the Jukebox bldg 2 and Tramp bldg 4 and parking was just as easy. There is a sidewalk right from the parking lot to the Tramp bldg - it was maybe 3 min walk. :thumbsup2

Happy Planning!!! :goodvibes

Good info, never thought about the tree's but it makes sense. I remember walking to our room 3434 when we were there and we passed a room and remember saying, wow, that tree is soooo tall, so there are some rooms in every building that will have their view blocked by trees.

I think the Tramp building is building 3 not 4 (unless they changed it). Just refer to it as the Tramp building and they of course will know where you are talking about, just in case. Also, not sure if you will be very successful asking for specific rooms. The first post on this thread talks about that. Have fun!

Good info, never thought about the tree's but it makes sense. I remember walking to our room 3434 when we were there and we passed a room and remember saying, wow, that tree is soooo tall, so there are some rooms in every building that will have their view blocked by trees.

I think the Tramp building is building 3 not 4 (unless they changed it). Just refer to it as the Tramp building and they of course will know where you are talking about, just in case. Also, not sure if you will be very successful asking for specific rooms. The first post on this thread talks about that. Have fun!

Whoops, typo! I'm sitting in the dark on my laptop..thanks for pointing that out. I'll go fix it now.:thumbsup2

And I really should have said yours was a great suggestion...except that the trees have grown. :goodvibes We said the same thing when walking to 3435!

Whoops, typo! I'm sitting in the dark on my laptop..thanks for pointing that out. I'll go fix it now.:thumbsup2

And I really should have said yours was a great suggestion...except that the trees have grown. :goodvibes We said the same thing when walking to 3435!

I am sitting in the dark on my laptop too and I have had to edit a hundred times!:rotfl:

I am so glad you mentioned the trees. I can't request the Tramp building this year if I want a firework/lake view cause we need a king bed this year and on that side of the building, the Tramp building only had doubles. I am going to request the 60's play-doh building, 4th floor, lake/fireworks view and hope i get a good room with a king bed and a view without trees:laughing:. Do you know about the tree obstruction in the play-doh building:confused:. Any where we end up, I am going to LOVE it!:banana::banana:

Hi everyone! I have been reading posts for a long time (lurker) and only recently started posting. I have a quick question regarding POP....We are staying at POP for the first time in July. We have stayed at several other resorts and have never requested a room and have always been ok with that. We view it as a mystery...where will we be? Every trip has been different (Well almost....For some reason the last three times at All Star Movies we have been in the Mighty ducks section, very back overlooking the same parking lot, floor #2. Coincidence? Probably not. The room assigners have typecast us! :lmao:).

To get to my question, DH is concerned about being assigned to the back overlooking the lake (which is nice), but also the unsightly legendary years :scared1:. He says the last thing he wants to do is get up in the morning, look out the door and see an abandoned/unfinished ghostly hotel. Now he has me nervous also. Is the view really that close? Is it really ugly? Are they at least partially hidden or far enough away that they arent completely depressing? :confused3

Thanks for your input everyone!

20 more days to go! :yay:

I am sitting in the dark on my laptop too and I have had to edit a hundred times!:rotfl:

I am so glad you mentioned the trees. I can't request the Tramp building this year if I want a firework/lake view cause we need a king bed this year and on that side of the building, the Tramp building only had doubles. I am going to request the 60's play-doh building, 4th floor, lake/fireworks view and hope i get a good room with a king bed and a view without trees:laughing:. Do you know about the tree obstruction in the play-doh building:confused:. Any where we end up, I am going to LOVE it!:banana::banana:
The only time I was in a 60's bldg was last summer when I went to SSR with a friend and had to extend the trip due to a cancelled flight b/c of Tropical Storm Fay...anyhoo...I was in bldg 5, 4th fl, king HC room - it overlooked the Hippy Dippy pool...BUT, I did take walk over by bldg 4 to check out those rooms with a fireworks view and the ones halfway done on the 4th floor are safe..I'll look up the room numbers to post..be right back..:)

Okay...4457, 58, 59 and 60...but 57 could be iffy...oh, but 54 looks to be a king and that would have those darn trees. :( We usually request a location, like you listed, then at check-in ask the CM if any of the rooms we'd like might be available...we usually have a list to go over with them and it works out great. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24421892&postcount=1219

It looks like you could get 3319 (not sure if the king is on the 4th floor, but my friend had it in the 3rd - that room), if available and be able to see the fireworks by stepping outside the door. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24322398&postcount=1162

Why did POP ever put those trees where they would grow to block the view?? The ones in the corners are awful!!

The only time I was in a 60's bldg was last summer when I went to SSR with a friend and had to extend the trip due to a cancelled flight b/c of Tropical Storm Fay...anyhoo...I was in bldg 5, 4th fl, king HC room - it overlooked the Hippy Dippy pool...BUT, I did take walk over by bldg 4 to check out those rooms with a fireworks view and the ones halfway done on the 4th floor are safe..I'll look up the room numbers to post..be right back..:)

Okay...4457, 58, 59 and 60...but 57 could be iffy...oh, but 54 looks to be a king and that would have those darn trees. :( We usually request a location, like you listed, then at check-in ask the CM if any of the rooms we'd like might be available...we usually have a list to go over with them and it works out great. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24421892&postcount=1219

It looks like you could get 3319 (not sure if the king is on the 4th floor, but my friend had it in the 3rd - that room), if available and be able to see the fireworks by stepping outside the door. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24322398&postcount=1162

Why did POP ever put those trees where they would grow to block the view?? The ones in the corners are awful!!

:confused:good question. I love trees but not when they block my view:laughing: THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH for all these details. :worship:

Hi everyone! I have been reading posts for a long time (lurker) and only recently started posting. I have a quick question regarding POP....We are staying at POP for the first time in July. We have stayed at several other resorts and have never requested a room and have always been ok with that. We view it as a mystery...where will we be? Every trip has been different (Well almost....For some reason the last three times at All Star Movies we have been in the Mighty ducks section, very back overlooking the same parking lot, floor #2. Coincidence? Probably not. The room assigners have typecast us! :lmao:).

To get to my question, DH is concerned about being assigned to the back overlooking the lake (which is nice), but also the unsightly legendary years :scared1:. He says the last thing he wants to do is get up in the morning, look out the door and see an abandoned/unfinished ghostly hotel. Now he has me nervous also. Is the view really that close? Is it really ugly? Are they at least partially hidden or far enough away that they arent completely depressing? :confused3

Thanks for your input everyone!

20 more days to go! :yay:

IMO it is not noticable unless you are really looking. Now that was in Dec '07. Not sure what it is like currently. I have heard they are talking about starting up again, so their may be some updates. It is across the lake and the lake isn't little. Even on the 4th floor we weren't able to see across the lake clearly to the Legendary years.

Anyone else stay at POP recently with a lakeside view that can help answer this?

is it true the pop warner teams are staying at pop this year? ugh i hope not, when I went in July last year and stayed at ASM, there was a HUGE!!!! Brazilian group of kids that practically filled up the whole resort. It was a nigtmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter