The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 2! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info. I'm going to call my TA and request that room. We watched fireworks from our hotel in DL and that was great because DD was pooped by the end of the night.

Don't request an actual number but a section and you will have better luck.

Quick question for all you veteran POPers out there. How is the water pressure in the showers? I ask this because I have very thick curly hair and if the pressure isn't very strong, it takes me FOREVER to wash my hair. Just thought I'd ask so I can figure out how long it's going to take me to get ready in the mornings! TIA! :goodvibes

I always found it great, but the sink pressure was awful

The magic your way package comes with a 30 min Arcade card but from this thread, it says the cards are in points system. How does this work? Do you ususally buy extra points to play or 30 min is enough for 2 kids. Our kids are 8 and 6, they can easily spend half day in a Chuck e Cheese. I would like to budget how much I need to spend on our vacation. Thanks.

It was basically worthless. It cut out at least 5 minutes before the 30 minutes and it made you wait a certain amount of time between games. DD is only 4 and would die immediately, but it wouldn't let me swipe again for awhile each time. I looked at the time when I started too, and I know it was a good 5-10 minutes early when it ended. And DD was mad because she wanted to play skeeball and things like that...we could care less about the prizes... and it wouldn't, which I did know about prior to using it. But to me, they give it to you as a way of getting you in there so you end up buying a real card and spending money. I refused to, though since we are not into games, and told DD we would do skeeball another day.

Hi everyone! I have been reading posts for a long time (lurker) and only recently started posting. I have a quick question regarding POP....We are staying at POP for the first time in July. We have stayed at several other resorts and have never requested a room and have always been ok with that. We view it as a mystery...where will we be? Every trip has been different (Well almost....For some reason the last three times at All Star Movies we have been in the Mighty ducks section, very back overlooking the same parking lot, floor #2. Coincidence? Probably not. The room assigners have typecast us! :lmao:).

To get to my question, DH is concerned about being assigned to the back overlooking the lake (which is nice), but also the unsightly legendary years :scared1:. He says the last thing he wants to do is get up in the morning, look out the door and see an abandoned/unfinished ghostly hotel. Now he has me nervous also. Is the view really that close? Is it really ugly? Are they at least partially hidden or far enough away that they arent completely depressing? :confused3

Thanks for your input everyone!

20 more days to go! :yay:

I don't think it's an eyesore at all. It can actually be pretty and I have taken some gorgeous shots of it. But honestly, you may never even notice it. And unless you are going to stand outside you room, why would you ever see it basically. I actually think the lake itself is uglier than the legendary years.

is it true the pop warner teams are staying at pop this year? ugh i hope not, when I went in July last year and stayed at ASM, there was a HUGE!!!! Brazilian group of kids that practically filled up the whole resort. It was a nigtmare

I don't know for sure if they will be at POP this year, but I can tell you POP has been one of the resorts the last few yrs. We were there once during POP Warner, but they left 2 ngts after we arrived - was not too bad, but we requested lake side, 4th fl of 50's bldg 3 and they were everywhere but there, so we did luck out.

Only one night at DHS was crowded with the kids. Never in the parks during the day. Never a problem at the resort...pool was a bit loud late at ngt, but otherwise most of the kids were not unusually loud or raucous.

POP Warner has had kids at several resorts in the past: AS, POP, CBR, POR & FQ, think I read CSR this yr as well.

At check-in just as to be in bldg away from the kids, as the resorts do try to keep them together. Good luck! :goodvibes

Hi! If anyone is going in July and would like to join our coffee pot swap here at the POP, please click on the link in my siggie. Most of July is still available! Thanks!

Hi! This is my first time posting and I am in much need of advice! I just booked a vacation at POP during August to take advantage of free dining. I am traveling with a 1 yr old, an 8 yr old, a 12 yr old and my hubby!

First of all, will we all fit in the room?! Between the pack n' play, our stroller, and luggage, I'm concerned! I am trying to figure out where the pack n play would go (I don't really want it between the two beds.) If you were me, would you upgrade to a moderate resort? Unfortunately, the deluxe are not in our price range this time.

Also, and I am trying to figure out which floor is best to request at POP (as well as the building). I am trying to figure out where is the quietest for the baby. Is there less bathroom and other noise on the top floor? But, are the elevators a pain considering we would have a stroller? I have looked at the map showing the preferred rooms and it appears some of those don't face the pool, so I will definitely try and request on of those. I don't need to see the fireworks.

Finally, I have seen reference to the Pop Warner kids and I have no idea who/what those are :-) Can someone enlighten me? Should I expect to see large groups of kids at the end of August?

Thanks for any advice!

Hi! This is my first time posting and I am in much need of advice! I just booked a vacation at POP during August to take advantage of free dining. I am traveling with a 1 yr old, an 8 yr old, a 12 yr old and my hubby!

First of all, will we all fit in the room?! Between the pack n' play, our stroller, and luggage, I'm concerned! I am trying to figure out where the pack n play would go (I don't really want it between the two beds.) If you were me, would you upgrade to a moderate resort? Unfortunately, the deluxe are not in our price range this time.

Personally, it would be too crowded for us, but others find it works just fine for them. We need a little space to breath and like to go back to the resort for some R&R mid-day, especially during the summer. August is horrible heat and humidity.

If a moderate is within you budget, I'd upgrade. CBR rooms are 340 sq ft, CSR/POR/FQ are 315 sq ft and POP is 260 sq ft. Also, another nice thing about the mods are 2 sinks and a curtain, or at CSR sliding doors, in front of the sink area.

Also, and I am trying to figure out which floor is best to request at POP (as well as the building). I am trying to figure out where is the quietest for the baby. Is there less bathroom and other noise on the top floor? But, are the elevators a pain considering we would have a stroller? I have looked at the map showing the preferred rooms and it appears some of those don't face the pool, so I will definitely try and request on of those. I don't need to see the fireworks.

We like the 4th floor, elevators have been great at POP cannot even think of when we've waited more than maybe a minute. If you've booked preferred, you can request a quiet location - the back of the 50's bldg 1 pref area is very quiet ( but too many trees blocking any light for us). The back side of bldg 5, 60's - which is also closer to the Goofy water jets, main pool, kiddie pool, food court, bus and lobby.

Finally, I have seen reference to the Pop Warner kids and I have no idea who/what those are :-) Can someone enlighten me? Should I expect to see large groups of kids at the end of August?

You are safe! POP Warner is early December!
Thanks for any advice!

Happy planning and have a great trip!! It will be so much fun with little munchkins!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Oh, my, where are my manners?? Mom2Elliot, did not even notice that was your second post!

Yes, yes... :welcome: to the DIS and the POP FAQ thread especially! :wave:

We haven't stayed at Pop yet (coming soon!) but did the All Stars 3 times when my kids were younger (before the youngest was 3). I've also stayed at 3 different mods and really didn't notice a huge difference between the size of the rooms. These days, however, the price is almost doubled. The curtain is nice (we only had a curtain at CSR, not sliding doors) if someone gets up early and wants to shower, or in your case, possibly even to put a baby behind, but you could easily pack a lightweight tension rod and a shower curtain and toss it after the trip for a lot less money.

If you go back through this thread, people have discussed fitting the pack and play in the closet area and it sounds do-able if you move other stuff. However, you're going to be crowded. But I don't think you'd notice enough of a difference at a mod to justify the cost for that reason alone. There are a lot of nice things about the mods (to me the quieter atmosphere is a big one), but your kids may be the ages to love the excitement of Pop. I know at 3 my kids loved the All Star more than the parks themselves. Even a deluxe (if you could afford it) isn't going to give you a ton of space. Unless you get a villa or cabin, you're all going to be in one room, with one bathroom, adjusting to the baby's schedule. I'd spend the money on something else!

Thanks for any advice!

We always put the pack and play by the window. It's never been a problem, and we've even had a frig in that area with no issues. We usually park our stroller (double!) between the bed and the bathroom wall so we don't have to fold it up.

The first floor has worked well with the stroller, but any level would probably be ok.

My thought is you can buy A LOT of souvieneirs with the money you'd spend on a upgrade. That said, only you know what would make your family happy. :wizard:

we spent all of last week at pop, in the 70's building on the 3rd floor facing the lake. it was SO peaceful-only the occasional nearby toilet flush. i know some people don't like it b/c it's a good hike from the parking lot, but i'm willing to walk a little further for peace and quiet. our neighbors were very nice too-they had 3 young kids (baby in a crib) but we only heard them once and we had a nice chat on the balcony about BBB (our DD had been, they were curious about the experience). LOVE staying at pop!

:wave: Hello my Pop Peeps! Long time no chat! "Life's Happening" has been my motto in the past month or so, including my job being eliminated recently. [Being off work the last 2 weeks actuallly has been a blessing in disguise, so I'm all good! :thumbsup2 Now if I only felt like I could spend the money without guilt to go to Disney since I have all this free time now! :laughing: ] With that said, I've been off on my "normal" schedule, thus not having time to keep up with all my active DISboard threads. I finally got to take a couple of *hours* today to catch up on this thread! So my apologies for not getting updates to Post #1 for the past several weeks.

Flipflopmom, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's kidney problems. Your dad, you, and your family are all in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he'll continue to have the strength to face his challenges and keep his good spirit to make the best out of what he has! {{hugs}}

A big welcome goes out to the new posters to this thread! Glad you found us, and I look forward to hearing more from you!

So it's official. We know too much!! I have 6 topics to make additions to on Post #1, and while doing so, I found that indeed there's a limit to the number of characters permitted in one post. A long time ago I learned that there's a limitation on the number of images, including smilies, you can have in one post. I'm working on a solution now. In the meantime, I'm going to resort back to my last archived back-up copy of the code in Post #1, which is dated April 11. At least the content in Post #1 will look more legible than it does at this very moment. I have the updates between April 11 and today that I saved before I started modifying this afternoon. So all in all, be assured nothing's lost. We just can't get it all in one post anymore!

I'll let you know when it's all resolved!

Welcome back - you sure have been missed!! So sorry you've had to join the lot of us now known as the "unemployed", but hopefully you'll find something just right very soon. ::yes::

Funny how being out of work seems to make at least a little trip to WDW so tempting! :rolleyes1 I'm still trying to figure out a way to pull one off.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the updates and taking such good care of the FAQ thread!:goodvibes

Welcome back - sorry about the job loss. I know what you mean about having the time but not the cash for a Disney trip.

Thanks for working so hard on our Pop thread. Wish we could get you to take care of some other resort threads ;)

Thanks everyone for the welcome backs and wishes! I just love my DIS family! :grouphug: I truly believe this is a blessing in disguise, too! I've been so miserable with my job and praying to be happy and appreciated again, so this is my kick in the butt to make it happen (when I'm ready!)! So only positive things are to come! :) I know that I'm joining a large group of people in this situation, so I really hope that it all works out for each of you, too! We have to keep our chins up and think positively (if for no other reason, I'm NOT going to miss my trans-Atlantic cruise on the Disney Magic next year and I know many of you want to keep your planning skills sharp, too!)! :rotfl2:

So back to our "we know too much" problem.....

I've created Chapter 3 of our FAQ thread. I'll be requesting that a Mod close out this thread so we maintain one single source thread and avoid confusion. Besides, we were only about 3 weeks away from reaching 250 pages on here when we would have been forced to close it out anyways. ;)

See you all in Chapter 3!

....Thanks for working so hard on our Pop thread. Wish we could get you to take care of some other resort threads ;)

:rotfl: I have to admit that I've been disappointed when I've gone to some of the other resort threads. When you want info, you want it now and easy to find, ya know?! It's such a great feeling of accomplishment when you pull it all together and even better that others benefit from it, too!

Welcome back - you sure have been missed!! So sorry you've had to join the lot of us now known as the "unemployed", but hopefully you'll find something just right very soon. ::yes::

Funny how being out of work seems to make at least a little trip to WDW so tempting! :rolleyes1 I'm still trying to figure out a way to pull one off.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the updates and taking such good care of the FAQ thread!:goodvibes

Just wanted to give a shout to say -"I love those dogs in your picture":love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter