The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 3! ~ Posts #1 & #2 are MUST sees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all- I saw the cake info listed on posts 1 and 2- I am wondering if anyone has ordered a cake directly from POP- if so I would LOVE to see pictures and cost- the cake thread is massively long and would take forever to go through :)

For updated information on ordering a cake directly from POP see my post #3328 on page 222.

Don't want everyone to think that I'm a cake-pusher here ;), but IMHO these cakes are absolutely delicious - nothing like the Sara Lees. They are fresh bakery cakes delivered to POP daily per your special order.

We have just found having the cake at the room (or the pool) so much more fun than having it at a restaurant and then having to tote the leftovers "home" to POP. So, just wanted to get the correct info out there for you all to decide. :goodvibes We're ordering another one for DD's birthday Oct. 2 so I'll report back w updated pics then.

Kimberly - Thanx sooo much for all you've done. So many trips to POP have been planned these past few years using the information you have so well organized and maintained right here. I know that those trips would not have been nearly as successful w/o this thread.

My family and I just had our first stay at Pop. We have previously stayed only Deluxe so I was a little nervous. We were in the 50s and the room was not yet refurbed. But it was still great. Granted the rooms are smaller and the beds are smaller...but it was very clean and we really only sleep in the room anyway. We participated in a frig swap and had a little snafu the first few days ( LS couldn't find the frig). But it was eventually found so we had a frig for a few days which was nice.
We had our car so we drove to the parks which we decided we like much better than the buses.

I loved the food court at Pop. Everything was actually pretty good. There is a large selection (much more than any of the deluxe CS we've had before). We have the TiW card so we got a discount at Pop ( since they have to TS restaurant). The discount really added up!

We liked it so much at Pop that we have changed our December reservation from WL to Pop. The price with the AP discount is a fraction of what the WL would be $55/night! We can now rent a car and still save some $$$. Also, we will get the CS TiW discount at Everything Pop. Its just a win win all the way around!

Thank you so much, Kimberly, for all your hard work and patience. You have done a wonderful job! This is my favorite thread on the Dis and the one that I come to first. Have fun on your trip and when you come back....can you tackle some of the other resort threads? :laughing:

My family and I just had our first stay at Pop. We have previously stayed only Deluxe so I was a little nervous. We were in the 50s and the room was not yet refurbed. But it was still great. Granted the rooms are smaller and the beds are smaller...but it was very clean and we really only sleep in the room anyway. We participated in a frig swap and had a little snafu the first few days ( LS couldn't find the frig). But it was eventually found so we had a frig for a few days which was nice.
We had our car so we drove to the parks which we decided we like much better than the buses.

I loved the food court at Pop. Everything was actually pretty good. There is a large selection (much more than any of the deluxe CS we've had before). We have the TiW card so we got a discount at Pop ( since they have to TS restaurant). The discount really added up!

We liked it so much at Pop that we have changed our December reservation from WL to Pop. The price with the AP discount is a fraction of what the WL would be $55/night! We can now rent a car and still save some $$$. Also, we will get the CS TiW discount at Everything Pop. Its just a win win all the way around!

Which building were you in the 50's? (what was your room number) I am going in 2 weeks and staying in 50's and hoping for a refurb. Did you see any work going on? Also, did you see anything about the bouncebacks in the room? And lastly, is Main Street decorated for halloween yet (orange and black)?

Sorry for all the questions, just thought I would ask you since you just got back and everything is fresh in your mind! :flower3:

Thanks!

Sad to see this thread closed. But the new one looks great! Thanks so much for your hard work.

Kimberley-Thanks for all of your work over the years on this thread. I found it so helpful when planning my first trip to Disney - it sold me on the resort and it was so much easier to prepare with access to all of your information about the rooms, ammenities, logistics etc. You have done a great job keeping everything up to date and I (for one) really appreciate it. :worship:

Now of course, I'm a Pop addict so perhaps I should thank you for that too! :rotfl:

Just want to add my Thanks to Buckeye girl. This is the BEST resort thread on the DIS! I've often looked for information on the other Disney Resorts but those threads are no where near as AWESOME as this one is! :cool1:

Great to hear this! I've too only stayed in Deluxe resorts and was a little nervous to take the plunge into a Value.

Sad to see this thread closed. But the new one looks great! Thanks so much for your hard work.

No reason to be sad! The fun keeps on rolling in Chapter 4! :rotfl:

....Thanks Buckeye gal for all your hard work over the years and :cool1::cool1:For the new pilots of the thread !!! Hi Christine !!:yay::yay:

Thank you so much Kimberly for all your help and support :hug:...and for trusting us with your wonderful FAQs thread! You know we will do our best...
....Kimberly - Thanx sooo much for all you've done. So many trips to POP have been planned these past few years using the information you have so well organized and maintained right here. I know that those trips would not have been nearly as successful w/o this thread.
Thank you so much, Kimberly, for all your hard work and patience. You have done a wonderful job! This is my favorite thread on the Dis and the one that I come to first. Have fun on your trip and when you come back....can you tackle some of the other resort threads? :laughing:
Kimberley-Thanks for all of your work over the years on this thread. I found it so helpful when planning my first trip to Disney - it sold me on the resort and it was so much easier to prepare with access to all of your information about the rooms, ammenities, logistics etc. You have done a great job keeping everything up to date and I (for one) really appreciate it. :worship:

Now of course, I'm a Pop addict so perhaps I should thank you for that too! :rotfl:
Just want to add my Thanks to Buckeye girl. This is the BEST resort thread on the DIS! I've often looked for information on the other Disney Resorts but those threads are no where near as AWESOME as this one is! :cool1:

You guys and gals are the best! :love: Thank you so much for expressing your appreciation and making me feel so good that what I did was helpful in making it easier for you to have a magical vacation!!

Don't go tempting me to work on another resort! I hear your pain! I've gone to do the very same thing (research) on some of the other resort FAQs and was quickly deflated!

Lorie, I do intend to have a fantabulous time during my "trip of a lifetime" in 27 short days! I'm so excited I just can't sleep....already! Many of us booked this transatlantic cruise when it opened up in October 2008, so it's been a lonnnggggg wait! The good thing is that we DISers have had a long time to bond with one another before we share an exciting experience! :goodvibes The Cruise Forum ROCKS!

Has a list been made of what rooms have been refurbished at pop yet. Or anyone know what buildings?

Which building were you in the 50's? (what was your room number) I am going in 2 weeks and staying in 50's and hoping for a refurb. Did you see any work going on? Also, did you see anything about the bouncebacks in the room? And lastly, is Main Street decorated for halloween yet (orange and black)?

Sorry for all the questions, just thought I would ask you since you just got back and everything is fresh in your mind! :flower3:

Thanks!

We were in building 2 room 2409. There was a bounceback card in the room but I didn't look at the details. We did not see any signs of work going on at the resort.

Also, no signs of decorations on main street.

Has a list been made of what rooms have been refurbished at pop yet. Or anyone know what buildings?

I don't know if anyone has made a list but there is a huge thread on the subject here; http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2397068.

Kelly also posted the following summary of what's in the Pop Refurb Thread three days ago:

Just a quick update on the refurb situation. I know alot of people don't read the other thread.

Looks like from what people have posted 80's 90's done.
70's 90% done. This came from cm's at pop. We thought they were done.
60's Building 5 done with a report that they are now working on building 4.
50's building 3 done.

Someone please add if you hear anything else.

When we were at Pop a few days ago, we had brand new hand towels. How do I know they were brand new? They still had the "inspected by" stickers on them, which meant they hadn't even been washed yet. I am mentioning this because I wear contacts and it was extremely difficult to get the lint off my hands before I put my contacts in. In the future I will be bringing a hand towel from home, just in case. This is the second time we had super linty towels.

When we were at Pop a few days ago, we had brand new hand towels. How do I know they were brand new? They still had the "inspected by" stickers on them, which meant they hadn't even been washed yet. I am mentioning this because I wear contacts and it was extremely difficult to get the lint of my hands before I put my contacts in. In the future I will be bringing a hand towel from home, just in case. This is the second time we had super linty towels.

Oh, that is good to know. I too would have a problem getting my contacts in with lint on my hands.

thanks for the heads up!

Thanks so much Kimberly for all the time and effort you have put into these threads. I wish you could go and do every resort. Other resort threads are horrendous. I wish I could go and stay at each, and have the time to sort out all the good stuff and do it myself. LOL!

Thank you! Love it! Wish they had pink in the bigger sizes - my daughter is a 5, and the pink only goes to 4T.

Off topic - your hockey team took out my hockey team for the Stanley Cup.....grrrrr :headache: LOL

I thought htye were cute too, but I need pink in a size 6. I think the marron and greay are not very girly.

So glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. :goodvibes I have met the most interesting people, and had the nicest conversations, while sitting in the smoking areas at Pop and in the parks. Hope to meet some more "exiled smokers" at Pop in February! :banana:

-gina-

It's a good time there. I don't smoke alot anymore, so sometimes I will smoke my half cigerrette and then sit there and talk. LOL! My family sleeps in each morning, so I have alot of morning time to waste, since I can't sleep much past 6 when I'm at Disney.

Please help with a room request. It is me and DH celebrating our anniversary - no kids! I would like to be relatively near the food court and quiet. We have a non-preferred room. Do you have to request king bed? or is that a room type you have to reserve? Refurb room would be nice, but not necessary. I think the design is a little boring.

I guess we mostly care about the king bed. Then location. Then quiet. Then refurb.

Thanks,
Maggie

King beds are hard to get. Make it your priority request. They don't have alot of rooms with them, and then most of them are made for wheel chairs, so they get first dibs on them. You can ask, and if they don't give you one when you arrive, ask again. But with King rooms, you might not have a choice on location.

Thanks so much Kimberly for all the time and effort you have put into these threads. I wish you could go and do every resort. Other resort threads are horrendous. I wish I could go and stay at each, and have the time to sort out all the good stuff and do it myself. LOL!.....

You're very welcome! :)

I wish I could stay at each of them, too! I'm determined to someday choose the Poly, wear my Hawaiian dress, and all!!!

What are my chances of getting connecting rooms in a King-Dbl/Dbl combination? We are looking to book POP next fall for us and the 4 kids. DH is a big guy and if we have double beds, we will be sleeping in separate beds...:sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter