The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 3! ~ Posts #1 & #2 are MUST sees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're very welcome! :)

I wish I could stay at each of them, too! I'm determined to someday choose the Poly, wear my Hawaiian dress, and all!!!

We've been fortunate to have several stays at most resorts - the ones we wanted to try a time or two - BC, BWV, POR, SSR, Dolphin - and the ones we return to over and over: Poly, CR, GF, FQ, POP

What are my chances of getting connecting rooms in a King-Dbl/Dbl combination? We are looking to book POP next fall for us and the 4 kids. DH is a big guy and if we have double beds, we will be sleeping in separate beds...:sad2:

If your children are young, your chances are good - be sure to make that the first and even only request. if your request was not met, simply ask at check-in if they could try to find rooms available for you, even the next day. If they don't have it on arrival day, they can usually make it happen the next day. Good luck!

In response to Ocalla , SWA now offers Airline check-in at all WDW Owned resorts.
Just used it a few weeks ago at the POP is was very easy.

If your children are young, your chances are good - be sure to make that the first and even only request. if your request was not met, simply ask at check-in if they could try to find rooms available for you, even the next day. If they don't have it on arrival day, they can usually make it happen the next day. Good luck!

They are. They will be 9, 6, 4 and 2.

I am an insulin dependent diabetic and when I called to ask about a fridge in the room I was told it would be free since it was for medical reasons, but that it couldn't be reserved ahead of time and I should just ask at check in, but to be sure and tell them it is for medical reasons. That didn't seem quite right to me, but could be correct. Has anyone else been told this?

Terri

I am an insulin dependent diabetic and when I called to ask about a fridge in the room I was told it would be free since it was for medical reasons, but that it couldn't be reserved ahead of time and I should just ask at check in, but to be sure and tell them it is for medical reasons. That didn't seem quite right to me, but could be correct. Has anyone else been told this?

Terri

Terri, you need to call back and speak with another CM. The info that you were told isn't what we have experienced.
Just booked my third stay at POP this past week and must have a fridge for insulin. I have never been told that. The CM always makes a note of it on our ressie and it has been waiting for us outside the room within 10 mins of check in.

Sounds like a case of the CM not knowing his/her job very well.
Go ahead call and request the fridge for your insulin. Ask them to note it on your reservation. Shouldn't be a problem.

Have a wonderful trip!

Is bouceback being offered for next summer yet at Pop and what is the deal for 2011? Thinking about actually doing it for August 2011:scared1:

Just got back from Pop. There was a round calendar style ad on our table that offered us a bounce-back rate if we booked our next vacation before check-out. It varied by resort. I'm gonna say it said 30% off for value resorts... or maybe it was 20%. Whatever it was I wasn't impressed. The AP rate is usually better... so I put it back.... but then a drink spilled on it and it got all wet. :sad2:

They are. They will be 9, 6, 4 and 2.

Then your connecting rooms should be honored - be the reservations are linked and the have a CM make sure it is noted the children are all under 11. :thumbsup2

Terri

Terri, please call 407-939-7807, choose option 1 (special needs) and let then know you are diabetic and when you requested a medical fridge you were told that is could not be reserved ahead of time. This can and should be guaranteed by special needs. :goodvibes

When we were at Pop a few days ago, we had brand new hand towels. How do I know they were brand new? They still had the "inspected by" stickers on them, which meant they hadn't even been washed yet. I am mentioning this because I wear contacts and it was extremely difficult to get the lint off my hands before I put my contacts in. In the future I will be bringing a hand towel from home, just in case. This is the second time we had super linty towels.

You know what... when I looked at our towels, the first thing I said to my husband was boy... these sure are old towels.... they're a little raggy... I think they need to get new ones! :rotfl: We didn't have new towels the whole 9 days! Our decade was 70's.

Oh and by the way... the answer to the burning question about the A/C.... does it have a motion detector. Here is a photo of the A/C control in our room ... room 6266 that is 70's section 2nd floor facing the foosball table courtyard..
45754_423265952893_674127893_4979115_4268939_n.jpg

We were told that little thingie in the lower right was a motion detector. Maybe.... but it didn't work. The A/C was always on whatever we set it at, whether we had just walked into the room after hours in the parks or if I woke early in the a.m. to go to the bathroom. So, they might be motion detectors, but if they are, they're not activated.

Terri

Yes, definitely call back and speak with a manager. I have had to reserve a refrigerator for a family member who is insulin dependent as well. The CM will make a note on your reservation that the refrigerator is needed for medical needs. You can also ask for a Sharps container to dispose of your syringes. Trust me on this, been there, done that. And yes, it should all be FREE. If you are charged, take your bill to the desk and they will remove the charges. Again, been there done that. Same goes for the Disney cruise ships.

I have also reserved a refrigerator just for my personal use for beverages and the refrigerator was in the room when I arrived.

Hope this helps.

Terri

We son takes several medications that need to be in the fridge at all times. When I called and made our reservations it was noted that we needed a medical fridge. Every time we get an e-mail, such as when I change something or when I make a payment it is always noted on the top. That is one way to keep track of it.

Terri, you need to call back and speak with another CM. The info that you were told isn't what we have experienced.
Just booked my third stay at POP this past week and must have a fridge for insulin. I have never been told that. The CM always makes a note of it on our ressie and it has been waiting for us outside the room within 10 mins of check in.

Sounds like a case of the CM not knowing his/her job very well.
Go ahead call and request the fridge for your insulin. Ask them to note it on your reservation. Shouldn't be a problem.

Have a wonderful trip!

Terri, please call 407-939-7807, choose option 1 (special needs) and let then know you are diabetic and when you requested a medical fridge you were told that is could not be reserved ahead of time. This can and should be guaranteed by special needs. :goodvibes[/QUOTE]

Yes, definitely call back and speak with a manager. I have had to reserve a refrigerator for a family member who is insulin dependent as well. The CM will make a note on your reservation that the refrigerator is needed for medical needs. You can also ask for a Sharps container to dispose of your syringes. Trust me on this, been there, done that. And yes, it should all be FREE. If you are charged, take your bill to the desk and they will remove the charges. Again, been there done that. Same goes for the Disney cruise ships.

I have also reserved a refrigerator just for my personal use for beverages and the refrigerator was in the room when I arrived.

Hope this helps.

Thank you all for the quick answers! I very much appreciate it and will call back first thing in the morning. I just love the DIS!:hug:

Terri

What are my chances of getting connecting rooms in a King-Dbl/Dbl combination? we will be sleeping in separate beds...:sad2:
. Getting connecting rooms is very likely with little kids but only a tiny fraction of rooms are king beds and many of them are handicapped accessible. We have never gotten a king when we requested one.

Terri

I need a medical fridge for my daughter's Epilepsy medicine. I called and they added it to my reservation. When I did the online check-in yesterday, it was the first thing listed, so definitely call back.

The first sheet says that there are or can be noodles for sale at Pop. Does anyone know the cost?

The first sheet says that there are or can be noodles for sale at Pop. Does anyone know the cost?

You mean pool noodles? I was just there, and honestly, I didn't see any pool noodles for sale, maybe I over looked them? I know they do have pool noodles and beach balls available at the pool to play with. The lifeguards at the hippy dippy pool often give them out to kids.

You mean pool noodles? I was just there, and honestly, I didn't see any pool noodles for sale, maybe I over looked them? I know they do have pool noodles and beach balls available at the pool to play with. The lifeguards at the hippy dippy pool often give them out to kids.

Yes, pool noodles. Thanks for your help. I'll check with the life guards to see if they have any. :)

Pool noodles are $5.00 each. I was there last week. They are near the back wall across from the parcle pick up area. They also sell goggles $15.00 and nose plugs $6.00. There are water wings but I don't know the price of them.

Thank you everyone for the help. Its nice that they sell them, so you don't have to pack them. $5.00 doesn't seem to high of a price, since I think Walmart they are like $3.00. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter