The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 3! ~ Posts #1 & #2 are MUST sees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pool noodles are $5.00 each. I was there last week. They are near the back wall across from the parcle pick up area. They also sell goggles $15.00 and nose plugs $6.00. There are water wings but I don't know the price of them.

Well, that explains how I over looked them. I didn't go back over there by parcel pick-up although, I did note its location. Since our Nov. trip is not at Pop but at SSR, I'll probably throw a couple noodles in the car for the quiet pool we like to frequent.

Unless you live up north - the Dollar Tree replaced the pool toys with Snowman makers. :sad2:

:rotfl2:
snowman.gif

Are you sure they weren't Valentine Cupids? :laughing:

I just wanted to let you all know that I sent the Mods a reminder request for our transition of closing out this thread (especially now it's surpassed the 250 guideline for closure) as well as notification of the birth of the Chapter 4.

Absolutely feel free to continue using this thread, Chapter 3, until it's closed out!! Using this one until then just extends the length of time before we have to go to Chapter 5, which is a good thing!

Thanks again!
Kimberly

ariel.jpg

Announcement Regarding Pop Century FAQ Thread

Hello my Pop Friends!

As some of you long-timers know, three years ago I established the :hippie: "Groovier" Pop Century Resort FAQ Thread :hippie: by consolidating of a wealth of knowledge from many of you, organized in a way to be resourceful and current. It's been so rewarding to hear so many people discover and take advantage of the convenience of having a wide range of information and visuals at their fingertips in Posts 1 and 2 without having to ask the question and wait to learn what they want to know now! :) So many of you have been so helpful at keeping the current goings-on fed to all of us so I could get it posted. :worship: THANK YOU for making the content of this thread as great as it is!!

7.gif
After months of thought and personal consideration, I've concluded that Chapter 4 should be another new beginning! I've decided to pass along the torch of maintaining the DISboard's Pop Century FAQ thread to other knowledgeable, considerate hands of Pop lovers who we are familiar with here. Therefore, I've asked Christine (Minnie&Nana) and Kris (Kristineamb) to take over my voluntary responsibilities of maintaining the integrity of the facts of the FAQ in Posts 1 & 2 starting with the next Chapter. They'll be working together on getting content of fun and essential facts updated on the "Go-To" posts just as I have in the past.

So now what and when? Over the past month, Christine, Kris, and I put together a transition plan. I have passed along the code (what you see when you "Edit" a post) to Posts 1 & 2 for one of them to copy into Chapter 4 so they have a baseline to work with. I've assured them that I will have no hard feelings whatsoever if they want to do anything different than what I've done in Chapters 1 - 3; so, you may or may not see some changes to what these posts look like. As many of you have done for me, please just keep them in the loop if you're reviewing Posts 1 & 2 and see anything outdated, missing, or links that no longer work so they can make it as usable and friendly for all who need one single source of current information.

We've been waiting for the DISboards' guideline of a 250 page cap on a thread to get closer before I made this announcement. As you can see, we're almost there! So with that said, they will have Chapter 4 up and running before I make the request with the Moderators to go ahead and close out this Chapter 3 thread and add the new link to the Sticky at the top of the DISboards Resort Forum. Until this thread is closed out, please continue using this thread before posting on the new one!
35509093-260x260-0-0_Disney+Disney+Princess+Disney+Tinkerbell+Thank+You.jpg
I once again thank so many of you for being so friendly and helpful to not just me, but the many people who pass through the Pop FAQ thread during their magical vacation planning!!! I also want to express my grateful appreciation to Christine and Kris for taking on this responsibility. I know we're all in great hands, and that is so comforting to know as I pass this on to someone else! If any of the transition plans would change for any reason, I'll certainly let you all know.

You gotta love this DISboards community members for all they give! I can't wait to see about 150 of them and their families on the
Life_Preserver_sm.jpg
Disney Cruise Line Westbound Transatlantic Cruise
e_Captain%27s_wheel_sm.jpg
in less than a month and hopefully some of you at
cropper.php
Pop Century
rubiks-cube-jigsaw-puzzle-by-ozysoftware-com.gif
sometime soon!!

PopcornLarge.gif
A link to the new chapter in our Pop Century Resort FAQ Book will be forthcoming! I'll see you there soon!
PopcornLarge.gif

Kimberly
xoxo

Thanks to all of you who answered my question about medically needed fridges. I called special needs and they did note that I needed one on my reservation.

Terri

Best building/area to request if not in preferred rooms?

We were in just in room 4340. It was not preferred, it was nice and quiet, it faced the lake and was just a very walk to the classic hall. Basically, we walked out of the classic hall, past the 60's pool into the elevator, hung a left out of the elevator and was there. I think it was a shorter walk from the room to the classic hall than it was from the any of the pop buss stops at the park to the main gates.

I'd go with the 70's or 60's they both have standard sections !! The 50's does too but can be waay far!!

Waaay far is relative. Pop is quite compact in comparison to some resorts that are very spread out such as Saratoga, Old Key West and Caribbean Beach. Even the Waaay far out rooms at Pop are relatively a short distance from the main building and pool. :cool2:

Annmarieda also has a point. You're gonna walk further from the bus stops to the bag check at the parks than you will walking around Pop. Think of the distance from the bus stop at EPCOT through the front gate to the first main courtyard at EPCOT by the ball and Kodak shop. That's waaay further. DHS is probably the only park that doesn't have a really long walk to get to something from the buses.

Waaay far is relative. Pop is quite compact in comparison to some resorts that are very spread out such as Saratoga, Old Key West and Caribbean Beach. Even the Waaay far out rooms at Pop are relatively a short distance from the main building and pool. :cool2:

Annmarieda also has a point. You're gonna walk further from the bus stops to the bag check at the parks than you will walking around Pop. Think of the distance from the bus stop at EPCOT through the front gate to the first main courtyard at EPCOT by the ball and Kodak shop. That's waaay further. DHS is probably the only park that doesn't have a really long walk to get to something from the buses.

Waay far was myDD comment on the standards in the 50's !But you are right Pop is compact compared to the mods and DLX!!!

So true! I remember when I took my SIL for her first trip to Disney. On the first night as we were headed out of Epcot, she asked how far to the bus. I told her about a mile. She didn't believe me. Maybe not a mile but it IS pretty far.

Waay far was myDD comment on the standards in the 50's !But you are right Pop is compact compared to the mods and DLX!!!

We many times stay at Shade of Green and use the transportation at the Poly. The Poly even has a special path marked for Shades people. :) But it's still a 30 minute walk by the time you get to the monorail or bus. Pop is a walk in the park.

Does anyone know if Disney charges you to change your reservation if you are downgrading? Right now we're currently booked at the POP staying preferred but from what ya'll are saying it sounds like that may be a waste of money. I thought I rememberd somewhere that they charge a fee to take something off of your reservation but not to upgrade? :confused:

Does anyone know if Disney charges you to change your reservation if you are downgrading? Right now we're currently booked at the POP staying preferred but from what ya'll are saying it sounds like that may be a waste of money. I thought I rememberd somewhere that they charge a fee to take something off of your reservation but not to upgrade? :confused:

It looks like you are inside of 45 days. If you booked a package then yes, there is a charge to make that change. Sometimes they'll waive the charge. It's worth a try.

I thought this thread was supposed to be locked by now. Oh well.

It looks like you are maybe 50 days away from your trip..so if that is right, do it right away, after the 45 day mark it will cost you.

It looks like you are maybe 50 days away from your trip..so if that is right, do it right away, after the 45 day mark it will cost you.

You're right. I read her ticker as 1 month 3 days not 1 month 3 weeks +. So yeah, you still have time. Call ASAP to make any changes.

I thought this thread was closed. It is kind of confusing with 2 of them going. LOL

It was asked to be closed...maybe they should ask again? LOL! I think it's ove the limit with pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter