The "Killing two birds with one stone" multi pre-trip report

Fast pass, fast pass, fast pass!
Seriously, the FP can be your best friend. You probably want to FP the ride that you really want to ride the most. (BTMRR, Space Mountain, and Splash Mountain are probably the biggest) Then you can spend time doing less popular/crowded attractions and rides while you're waiting for your FP to...I don't know what word to use...to activate I guess? Haha.

Also if you have an iPhone or other smart phone you can download apps that will give you wait time info and the like. That could be really helpful!

Fast pass, fast pass, fast pass!
Seriously, the FP can be your best friend. You probably want to FP the ride that you really want to ride the most. (BTMRR, Space Mountain, and Splash Mountain are probably the biggest) Then you can spend time doing less popular/crowded attractions and rides while you're waiting for your FP to...I don't know what word to use...to activate I guess? Haha.

Also if you have an iPhone or other smart phone you can download apps that will give you wait time info and the like. That could be really helpful!

Does it work on the Itouch? I have a Blackberry...but I'm not too tech savvy. I don't know how to download apps on my phone. :upsidedow

I can't believe THIS Saturday, I will be in the Magic Kingdom! :dance3: I'm so excited! Even though we are only down there for three days...there is STILL so much to do!

Me and Marquice, got our GAD program tickets. And our DMBF volunteered this past weekend and we're hoping his voucher comes in soon! We got ours six days after we volunteered, so we praying that his comes at Friday evening.

Tomorrow, DMBF is booking the hotel room at a discounted rate :banana:

Then, I have classes and an exam to study for on Thurs :headache:

Thurs evening, hop in the car and drive back home (An hour away) on the way, stop by my uncles to pick up video camera for my DM. Then meet DBFF on military base to pick up her discounted ticket on base (Pres.Obama will be in my hometown tomorrow! Too bad I won't get a chance to see him! Stupid college!:mad:) Get DBF clothes to pack with mine so the next day, we can leave straight out. Go clean and vacuum out car (can't go anywhere in a dirty car) Charge up camera, take Duke to my grandma's house, and try to sleep.

Friday: DEPATURE DAY!!!! DM and DB are leaving early in the morning to be on time for his camp. Me and DBFF are hopefully going to my favorite formal dress store to look for prom dresses since the boyfriend invited me to his senior prom :). Hopefully the boys have a half day at school and will get out at 11:30-12, and if not, they will get out at 1. Make a quick stop to Walgreen's for ponchos, water, juices, little snacks and window paint (more on that later ;)) Hook up my favorite friend, TomTom and we will be on our way to Florida! Arrive, take a nap hopefully, order in some pizza and head out to the hot tub! Watch some tv and hopefully sleep, because we are trying to make it to the MK for rope drop and to get the "Must Do's" out of the way which are so far:
All the Mountains (and to do Space Mountain at night....my boyfriend said even though it's inside, you will be able to see the lights better. I didn't understand, but he said I will once I'm on it)
PoTC
JC
Mad Tea Party and Dumbo for me :upsidedow
Monsters Inc.Laugh Floor
HM

And the rest as they come.

For some reason...I can't write in purple today :confused3 BUTTTT!
The show must go on!

We leave tomorrow!:yay:
Today was a BUSY day!
After I came home, I had sooo many errands to run (Including an unplanned trip to the mall :) Had to get a new outfit to wear. :))

Tomorrow, will be just as busy. I will try to update something before I leave tomorrow! And I have wifi at the hotel so hopefully I will be able to update stuff (if the boyfriend is demanding to much US time. :goodvibes)
See you all later!!!

Hey y'all! I'm back and we had a pretty good time!

I'll will start on the TR later on tonight. I have to upload the pictures (which we took TONS of!) and then finish upacking, washing clothes, then repacking to go back home for spring break : )

Hi! I jumped over here from someone else's PTR that you posted on. I have just scanned very quickly your first few posts, but you're cracking me up with all your energy and I am gonna have to subscribe. I can't wait to hear about your trip this past weekend.

Oh goodness, this must be Disney DISboards fate.
I saw your post on someone else ptr and read was going through your TR.
Your TRs made me call my mom and talk about spending more "us" time together. :goodvibes

I remember reading that family is really important to your mom and that you took your daughter on trip together, I guessing just you two before she goes off to school. My mom and I took a vacation before I went off to school, and I really appreciated having spent that time with her. School and college life is crazy, but it's nice to have that downtime when our minds are racing about the upcoming move and being "independent". I just told my mom that we need to do that again before my sophomore year...sheesh! We do grow up fast! My little bro will be a freshman in high school next year! I remember him eating rocks when he was two!

Okay you guys, I decided to switch it up a but and write all PTR in Purple and all Tr and Blue. Why?! :confused3 I don't know...I guess I just wanted to. And plus, sometimes, we need a good color change! :goodvibes

Without any further ado... here is my March Weekend Get Away

:welcome: to the people just joining in! Say hi! Let's talk! I don't bite! I swear!

Now, some of you might be wondering: "What does a college student need to get away from?! All night partying?!" Why yes, sometimes. But most of the time it's the 8am class that you get tired of, walking forever to get to class, Dr.Death professors and lectures that go on forever and two days. And for me, working as a hostess in my free time.

So this trip was well needed for me :)

Ugh, I said I was going to hop right into it, but didn't. So excuse my mindless ramblings about school and read about some Disney Magic! :banana:

Day 1- I woke up with a terrible, horrible, want-to-rip-off-my-head headache. I slept in until the dog, Duke started licking me letting me know he wanted to be let out. My mom had been up since what seems like 4 in the morning packing her and my brother's clothes and cleaning up the house before we left. I was expecting my bestfriend to come over soon so we can head out to the Military Base to buy her ticket, but I wasn't expecting her for a while, so I let the dog back in and tried to sleep off my headache.

Have you ever seemed like you closed your eyes for two seconds but woke up hours later? Look at the clock and saw how long you slept but your body only feels like it's been resting for a millisecond? Well, that's how I felt. I mustered up all the energy I could to answer the door for my best friend. We packed our stuff into the car, packed up the dog's stuff for a stay at my grandmothers, and headed off to run some last min errands.

Meanwhile, my headache is progressively getting worse and by the time we reach my grandmother's, it hurts just to keep my eyes open. :headache: My nana drives us to go get the ticket for the bestie and the lady hands us a Disney Brochure. Seeing it and the ticket together made it real. In a few hours, I will be on my way to Florida! And tomorrow! I'm going to Disney! Magically, that made my headache go away temporarily. I was already feeling that Disney Magic! :wizard:

Long story short, because I'm SURE you guys don't want to hear about my shopping spree at the mall before we left and our last min errands (for the nosey ones:goodvibes: picked up boyfriend from school, got some strong meds to knock out my pains so I was able to drive, and headed to Florida. Said goodbye to my mom, because even though we both will be in Orlando, we are staying in two different places and she will be busy with little brother's football camp) I will continue to that night.

After checking in into the hotel, a long 6 hours later, the boys sent us (the girls) for some grub while they unpacked and took showers. (Looking back...we should had stayed and unpacked and showered!! Heyyy! :mad:) On the way there, we passed a couple of fast food resturants, so we thought; "Hey, no problem! We can go pick up some food! And we will be back in ten!"

No.

It was a problem. First of all, my sickness had came back. And I guess not eating all day turned me from this : :sick: to :crazy2: (I can't find a icon that is puking, so lets pretend this little green dude is me kneeling over in the hotel parking)

So, I let my best friend drive.
IMG_0797.jpg

And somehow, we ended up here:
IMG_0796.jpg

The Airport, with no way to turn around. We've must had been gone for a while, because soon, the boys called asking if everything was okay. Not wanting to worry them, of course we lied and said "Yes" , that we were just looking for a good place to eat. The brought the story and we finally found our way out.

There was nothing good open this late so we settled for Wendy's. This is me pre-being feed
IMG_0800.jpg

and this is me afterwards. :dance3:

We got back to the hotel and the boys happily inhaled their food and tried to eat ours too. Now, I'm weird. I can't eat dinner dirty. I don't know what it is about it, but I just can't do it. (Best friend says I had OCD tendencies. :upsidedow) So even though I was starving I hopped in the shower, got clean, and snuggled into bed to eat and we watched Sister Act before going to sleep to wake up to our 7:45 wake up call.

Tune in for Day 2 at the Magic Kingdom!

Do we wake up in time?!
What's up with this plaid?!
"Babe! P L E A S E tell me that you have the tickets..."

Upppp next!

So, did we wake up in time?!

Uhhhh.

No, we didn't. I tossed and turned all night. The hotel room was burning hot and sleeping with someone else's body heat right next to you doesn't help. Oh, and knowing that you are headed to Disney in a few hours most defiantly did not help. A few times during the night, I even turned to my sleeping boyfriend to wake him up, smile and say "We're going to Disney!". The first time, he smiled, gave me a kiss on forehead and told me to go back to sleep. By the third time...he wouldn't even roll over. :upsidedow

When the 7:45 wake up call finally rung, I had just gotten comfortable and did NOT feel like waking up. But I turned it off and promised myself I would wake up at 8.

8 came and gone

9 came and gone

At 9:41, I jumped up, flew open the curtains. It was a gorgeous day in Orlando! I jumped on everyone to wake them up and begin to iron and the boys started to take showers. Breakfast ended at 10, so we headed to the lobby half dressed to partake in "breakfast" (aka just a teaser). The fruit was gross-it looked nice and fresh, but was far from it. Because we came down so late, there was just breads and cereals left. So we munched on that and then headed back to the room to finish getting ready.

FINALLY, we were out in the car, with our backpack full of waters and juices with jackets in tow. We hooked up my good friend, TomTom and told him to go around the toll booths and we were on our way to Disney! Finally!

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

Yay! :cool1: 5 miles to go!

And before long, we were here!
IMG_0809.jpg

Close!

IMG_0810.jpg

And getting closer!
But it was here that my boyfriend turned around and said those dreaded words:

"Babe, you got the tickets off the counter right?"
I just stared at him. I had a flashback. I put the tickets on the hotel desk, then when we came back from breakfast, I remember someone had moved them (him) and I asked him not to touch them again. UGH!:headache::headache::headache:

We looked to every bag and just could not find them and I was not going to pay almost 100 dollars for a ticket when I had one for free! :mad: At this point, I was on the verge of tears because if we had to turn around, we would not get into the parks until 12 and that's around lunch time and the peak of the day and we would be standing in lines forever!!! :headache:

But Dboyfriend (and trust me, the D does NOT stand for Dear:rolleyes1) just wanted to pay a trick on me and was sitting on the tickets. Seriously, I could had strangled him right then and there.

IMG_0812.jpg

Dbf "What does W............E.............L......... what is this spelling?!"
Me: "Welcome?!"
Him: "Ohhhhh" :headache::eek:
But I love him to pieces.

So, after paying 14 dollars to park the car, we then took the tram to the ticking and transportation center, where we stood in line for an hour to redeem our vouchers to get our free tickets.

Finally, we got the tickets and our volunteer buttons and we were on our way!

Now...we had to decide

IMG_0818.jpg

or

IMG_0819.jpg

Which do we choose to get there?!

Stay tuned!!

Oh man - I'm so sorry you were sick! But so far it seems like you're doing okay the day you're actually at Disney! And I almost died when I read the "You have the tickets, right?"

I am soooo glad he was just playing a joke on you - that would have been awful!

How was it driving around the Disney property? Is it pretty easy to navigate, or did you have to rely on the GPS?

Really easy to navigate We had to use the GPS to steer us around toll booths because our hotel was about 20 mins away.

But once you hit Disney Property. There are signs everywhere telling you where to go.

So if you chose
IMG_0819.jpg

You're right!
We weren't expecting for the process to take this long, at that point, we just wanted to into the park as soon as possible.

So off on the Monorail we went!
The line was super long (as everything was for this day) so the boys stood and let the girls have the seats. Chivalry isn't dead! :)
IMG_0820.jpg

We passed through all the resorts on the monorail and got sucked into the trick. Because as soon as we got home, we started pricing out Bay Lake Tower...saw the prices, wished we were rich post college grads with jobs, and started to price out the Value resorts :thumbsup2....One day though...one day...As they say..."When you wish upon a star.":wizard:

Anywho, before long, we saw this!!!
IMG_0821.jpg

What an amazing feeling! We were H E R E!

We got our bags checked and headed to take pictures where my mom and aunt took pictures manyyyyyyy years ago. So here is our mini photoshoot:

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

(me and the two best friends)

IMG_0826.jpg

(Me and the bf :lovestruc)

IMG_0824.jpg

(the best friend who was already getting tired of taking pictures)

IMG_0823.jpg

(Me!)

(Anyone notice our "matching" outfits? Plaid?)

And when I saw this...I could have cried. Seriously. The Cinderella Castle, in all it's magical glory...and I was standing right in front of it!
IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

I'm a excellent photographer aren't I?
:rotfl2::rolleyes1:laughing:

Continued in next post!!!
:)

ugh. Dis ate my post, so I will continue this later
:headache:

So until tomorrow....

Have a magical night! :)

My first task upon entering the park was to buy a set of Minnie Ears. I really wanted the ones with the leopard print bow...but being the impulsive buyer that I am, bought the first ones that I saw :rolleyes1

IMG_0827.jpg

Almost $20!...SHEESH! My first daughter will be wearing the same ears...we will just call them "Vintage". :thumbsup2:
Then, the best friend wanted to get some ears also, so we went on the search for her ears and wondered in and out (well, not really. We learned that most of the shops were connected in the outside) of shops. While she tried on hats, I had fun with this one:
IMG_0832.jpg

And she ended up getting the Silver Minnie Ears!
IMG_0838.jpg

After walking out of the shop, this character ran right up to the boys.

"Oh my! Oh my! I just LOVE volunteers! Take a picture with me darlin'! Give me hugs!"
IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

We saw that they were pushing everyone onto the sidewalks...we walked right into the parade! Which was great for us because while a lot of the people were here, we were hoping that we can use our theme park knowledge and go to the left of the park and cut some times off of the lines. But we couldn't go without taking a few pictures first!!
IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

Our first "ride" was The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management.
IMG_0851.jpg

I, personally loved it. I have a thing for Iago. :rotfl: But when the Tiki Gods came out of the center...some small children began to cry and become upset, so parents had to walk out. I don't blame them for crying, it caught me off guard and they weren't the most "Mickey-est" thing in the world.

Next, we grabbed FP for Jungle Cruise and rode The Pirates of the Caribbean in the meantime. My friends kept harassing me throughout the whole entire wait of the line: "Jay...why are the seats and floor wet of the ride? This better not have a drop! I do NOT want to get my phone or camera wet!"
Me: "I don't think it has a drop...I don't remember reading it on DIS!"
So we get on with all of our valuables stored away from the possible drop. The ride made me nervous a couple of times...and it was a tiny drop in there. Just little splashes on me and Marquice...we sat front row on everything we could. :)
Here are a couple of pictures from the queue.
IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

After we got off POTC, it was time for Jungle Cruise. We walked straight onto the boat where dmbf sat in the "Magical Square". :wizard:
Our skipper was hilarious! (I'm sure these aren't in order)
IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

"This is what happens when you invite your relatives over!"
IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

"If you absolutely loved this ride, my name is Sam the Skipper...if you absolutely hated it, I'm sorry your time on 'It's a Small World' with Katie at Disneyland was so disappointing.":rotfl::laughing:

By this time we were all STARVING!
And headed to our next land...to find what adventures awaited us there.

Next, we headed over to...

DAH,DAH,DAHHHHH.

IMG_0872.jpg

And what is the first thing we wanted to do?!

EAT!:thumbsup2

So we ate at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe. Where Marquice and I shared:
IMG_0873.jpg

and the two best friends each got their own:
IMG_0874.jpg

Our chicken wrap was really good and huge as you can see and came with french fries. For the burgers, there was a large section of toppings which you could put on top of your burger, but I'm not a big fan of Angus meat. Since we bought in our own juices and water, we saved a couple of bucks there. We found a table outside and had front row seats to another parade which featured dancers from what looked like a jr high school and their parents. So, we enterained our selves by feeding the birds.

Now, I don't know what it is about me and birds. I got bit by a duck when I was little (but I will NEVER forget that pain...) and my freshmen year or high school, watched the old time movies The Birds (Creepy...) So of course I felt uncomfortable with birds swooping over my head. To the point where I slid right of my slippery bench chair, but my friend caught me mid fall. Wow, that was sort of embarrassing. Especially since everyone was looking.

So after ducking out of there (no pun intended) we headed for Splash Mountain! I usually hate drops and that day wasn't the warmest day in Florida. So needless to say, we were all a bit apprehensive about the drop and getting wet. But we had so fun waiting in line with Zippy-Zoo-Dah playing! We had a hoe down dance waiting in line...changing partners and all!:rotfl: But as we got closer to getting on and seeing how soaked everyone was becoming...we went from :dance3: to :scared1:. Once again, Marquice and I sat in the front and I put on his big jacket and stuffed everything down the front. The ride was so much fun! We wanted to do it again! And we got soaked! The drop was more than I expected! Thank goodness we had our jackets on...but it totally frizzed up my hair! :headache:
IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

While we were waiting the Walt Disney World Railroad train went by and while my best friend was using the restroom, they decied to poke some fun at me and the boards! :headache:
Marquice: "See that choo choo train over there? That's what we are riding next."
Dmbf Marquis: "Man, I want to ride a roller coaster! Not baby ride!"
Me: "That's NOT the ride...it's a train, but not that one."
Marquice: "Did the boards tell you that? Did you research that too?"
Me: "Why yes...I did."
Them: "We're going on a choo-choo! We're going on a choo-choo!"
:headache:Sometimes, they really get on my nerves.

Anywho, we hurried and picked up FP for Thunder Mountain (aka the Choo-Choo) and decided to waste some time over at Tom Sawyer's Island where the boys decided to play a little game of "Hide and Go Seek". It was fun at first...but we didn't realize how big the island really was. And we needed to head back over in time to use our fast passes. Boys! Where are you guys!

Did we find the boys in time?
And how did we enjoy TM?

Up next!

I love those ears! I can't believe they were that much though - I guess that's why I've never bought a pair. :rotfl:

And I totally want to work on Jungle Cruise... I'm so glad you liked it! The Skipper really makes or breaks the ride.

Did you like Pecos Bill? It's one of my favorites! I also like Casey's Corner - you should try that if you get a chance in the future trips.

I did like Pecos....but I wished I would had gotten a burger. I didn't know they had a place where you could pick toppings for your burger. But the chicken wrap was still really good.

...In fact...I wish I had one right now.

Sigh.

I'm hungry and on Spring Break.
aka...no quick runs to get something to eat on campus.

Double Sigh...

lol

When I last left you guys...you were so curious about if we enjoyed TM or if we found the boys in time that you couldn't eat or sleep since I last wrote!

Right?

(smile)

Anyway, while visiting Tom Sawyer's Island,
IMG_0882.jpg

the boys took us through a tunnel which they thought was the coolest thing on God's Green Earth. So much that they went again. And Again. And found another tunnel for us to into. And did that again. And again. (See the pattern here?)
Then, they boys thought it would be funny to scare us by popping out around corners and making us jump.
I don't like tunnels and things of the like after Marquice scared the poo out of me when we went to San Juan and visited some of the forts and went through the tunnels. (Here are some pictures from that)

The fort in PR
IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

Freaky!
IMG_0462.jpg

The light (and skinny boy) at the end of the tunnel.
IMG_0464.jpg

Anywho, back to Disney,
So we (the girls) were getting annoyed...this was just supposed to be a time waster...not a full time attraction. The boys sensed us getting ticked off and started picking up the pace. So we followed closer. But started to go faster and faster to the point we were full on RUNNING behind them. We couldn't keep up and got to a point where we couldn't decide if we should go right or left. I looked through my bag and saw I had everyone's fast pass, so they wouldn't be going to far. So me and Kiara decided to have our own fun (take that BOYS!)
Before long, we came across this
IMG_0886.jpg

and went inside to explore. It was so cute! If I was younger...I would never have to have to whole Disney experience...just leave me here! Everything was pint sized and little kids were everywhere shooting guns out the windows at the "enemies" and running :-)scared1:) up and down those steep twisting stairs.

Walked some more and saw
IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

Then went through a tunnel...by ourselves.
"Kiara looked scared!"
"What?!"
IMG_0883.jpg

"Kiara looked scared...again!"
IMG_0884.jpg

We walked across a couple of brigdes and came across a map of the island and declared, this thing was huge! So we called the boys to meet up with us so we could be on time to use our fast passes. Soon enough, we were all together again and the boys told us everything they did and asked us what we did...
And we showed them the above pictures and some of these:
IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

And me and the bff new obsession...shadow pictures. This is the only one I took on my camera...she has all of them on hers.
IMG_0888.jpg

We got back on the little boat
IMG_0881.jpg

And got ready for ride the "choo-choo"

The line for the fast passes didn't take long at all and soon, we were at the front of the line.
IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

And even sooner...we were on!
IMG_0897.jpg

The boy best friend took some video that showed up really good...but it's on his phone and he is not on spring break at the moment and this is the only picture I took on the ride.

We liked it alot. It was fast and had lots of twists, but it was smooth and that was good for my friend who does not like roller coasters. :thumbsup2

But by now the sun was beginning to set and I wanted to get a picture in front of the castle. And boybestfriend has his heart on riding Space Mountain...
But wait...
What's wrong with it now?

Stay Tuned!

Okay...I have totally neglected my TR...but I have a good reason.

Me and my boyfriend broke up and I haven't really been able to stomach looking at his pictures. So needless to say, I haven't really mustered up the energy to write about "goodtimes" with him that was not to long ago.

But life is going well. Just got accepted into the Disney College Program and the ONLY reason I applied was because he ticked me off and I just wanted to get away and prove that I could do it...and I did. :)

I haven't been completely honest with this trip report...I left out all the fights and arguments that went down on this trip between him and I...and will continue to do so. So I can remember the relationship for the very few happy times and not for the bad.

So I'm off to Florida this Aug and so excited. Also, I'm entering into a pageant and recently starting hanging out with this uber cool guy. And I would have never done any of this if we wouldn't have broken up.

So good things happen when you Let Go, and Let God.

I will finish everything tomorrow. Promise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter