The Liberal Thread- No political debate please! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops - sorry. I was reading back in the thread and didn't realize you all were done talking to me.

Carry on.

Oops - sorry. I was reading back in the thread and didn't realize you all were done talking to me.

Carry on.

We're not done. This is one of those topics that has no end. Please feel free to contribute (or start a new one). We'll talk about anything political.

New topic:

What do you guys think of Wolfowitz's new appointment? :rolleyes1

Straight out of Daddy's playground..:mad:
Really bad news and incomprehensilble.

Bloomberg News / January 25, 2008
WASHINGTON - Paul Wolfowitz, the former World Bank president and former deputy secretary of defense who was instrumental in the US decision to invade Iraq in 2003, has been named chairman of a panel that advises the State Department on arms-control issues.

more stories like this
Wolfowitz picked for arms control panel
Paul Wolfowitz named to chair advisory panel
Nicholas Burns to visit Israel
Bush fills Iran policy job
Survey: Diplomats oppose Iraq policy
Wolfowitz, now a visiting scholar at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington, will head Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice's International Security Advisory Board, the State Department said yesterday in a statement.

"The ISAB provides the Department of State with a source of independent insight, advice, and innovation on all aspects of arms control, disarmament, nonproliferation, political-military issues, and international security and related aspects of public diplomacy," the State Department said.

Wolfowitz was among the senior US officials who warned of Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction capabilities, a key justification for invading Iraq and toppling the late dictator Saddam Hussein.

"Disarming Iraq of its chemical and biological weapons and dismantling its nuclear weapons program is a crucial part of winning the war on terror," Wolfowitz told the Council on Foreign Relations in New York in January 2003, two months before the US-led invasion of Iraq.

Bush can only remember a few names, and even then he has to make nicknames to make it easier. If he didn't keep re-appointing people to jobs, he'd have to learn new names and his head would explode.

Chairman of the arms-control advisory panel?!?! What the crap?!? It goes perfectly part and parcel with just about every oxymoronic idea that the Bush Administration has foisted upon: No Child Left Behind, the "Clear Skies" Bill, etc. And still, no one seems to care...

Straight out of Daddy's playground..:mad:
Really bad news and incomprehensilble.

Actually, very funny in a sick sort of way. What else did you expect? Bush has a stable of 5-10 people he likes to appoint and he just keeps on appointing them to every open position. ;)

Bush can only remember a few names, and even then he has to make nicknames to make it easier. If he didn't keep re-appointing people to jobs, he'd have to learn new names and his head would explode.

:rotfl: :lmao:

how did I miss this post the first time.

His dad's cronies.

I think most of them don't want anything to do with him anymore. Probably hires the folks who kick in the most bucks to his 'library. Gee, I wonder how many mouths that money would feed?

Btw, it's funny that the term "Looney Lefties" is out there on their board. I wonder how they'd cry and moan if we said Wacko Righties in print? Where have they all come from lately?

Btw, it's funny that the term "Looney Lefties" is out there on their board. I wonder how they'd cry and moan if we said Wacko Righties in print? Where have they all come from lately?

I was actually surprised by it's author. I thought some over there were above all that, although I guess I really shouldn't be surprised by anything anymore.

Doesn't Bush know anyone else except his immediate cronies?

By all accounts he used to be very familiar with a couple of guys named Jim Beam and Jack Daniels.....of course, some dispute whether or not he still pals around with them on occasion.

I think most of them don't want anything to do with him anymore.

Well, let's see: Robert Gates, Condoleeza Rice, Elaine Chao, Anthony Principi, Michael Chertoff, and Joshua Bolten were all in George H. W. Bush's administration or appointed to a post by him. There's still Cheney, too. But a lot of folks have indeed jumped ship! :rotfl:

Obama wins South Carolina, on to Super Tuesday!! So glad this has turned into a close competition!!

I know it's early but he's got an almost 20 point lead over Hillary. I wasn't expecting that, but I'm sure it will tighten as the night goes on.

I know it's early but he's got an almost 20 point lead over Hillary. I wasn't expecting that, but I'm sure it will tighten as the night goes on.

For now, CNN's projecting him as the winner and Edwards is getting ready to speak. Does he pull out of the race now that he's lost his home state? You've got to figure it's just a matter of time.

I also just read that Florida's very popular (on both sides of the aisle) Republican Governor Charlie Crist is endorsing McCain. That's got to assure him of a win in Florida. We should probably start choosing straws now to see who's going to go over to Dawn's house with the men in the white coats and butterfly nets to shoo her out from under the bed when McCain wins the Republican nomination...

For now, CNN's projecting him as the winner and Edwards is getting ready to speak. Does he pull out of the race now that he's lost his home state? You've got to figure it's just a matter of time.

I also just read that Florida's very popular (on both sides of the aisle) Republican Governor Charlie Crist is endorsing McCain. That's got to assure him of a win in Florida. We should probably start choosing straws now to see who's going to go over to Dawn's house with the men in the white coats and butterfly nets to shoo her out from under the bed when McCain wins the Republican nomination...

Can I help? I'll bring my own butterfly net. Btw, reading another thread, it seems that possibly the worst thing we can call people is 'cheerleader.' Or, in my opinion, New York cheerleader.

I think most of them don't want anything to do with him anymore. Probably hires the folks who kick in the most bucks to his 'library. Gee, I wonder how many mouths that money would feed?

I'd venture a guess but I don't need the points!;) Seriously, we're 'looney' and they still support Dumb-ya? :rotfl: So who's really looney, eh?

Obama wins South Carolina, on to Super Tuesday!! So glad this has turned into a close competition!!

My four adult children are all seriously supporting Obama with time and money. They believe he is the real deal and think that those 30something and under will put him in the White House. After listening to his speech in South Carolina tonight I'm ready to believe! I was a kid when JFK was elected but I remember his magnetic personality. Obama has 'it'!

I've been hedging all along that McCain would take Florida, but I've been shot down by most on the right and even some on the left. I'm stickin' to my story :) . I think McCain will win, not by a landslide by any means, but comfortably. We'll see. My track record is not flawless. I also said this country wouldn't be fool enough to elect W a second time! :lmao:

I've been hedging all along that McCain would take Florida, but I've been shot down by most on the right and even some on the left. I'm stickin' to my story :) . I think McCain will win, not by a landslide by any means, but comfortably. We'll see. My track record is not flawless. I also said this country wouldn't be fool enough to elect W a second time! :lmao:

Well, got nothing personal against McCain, but if any one plans on backing him if Hillary gets in they will be shocked that he is more Bush than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter