The Liberal Thread- No political debate please! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
God Bless the Daily Show. I did see that bit and was laughing my butt off at the media. what fools they look like.

I wish Bill would back off. In my opinion he should be taking a back seat and she should be doing all the talking. Her husband isn't running for President - she is.

~Amanda

It's a very fine line that she has to keep. I don't envy her in that respect. As for Bill backing off, that didn't do too much good for Al Gore. As I've said before, she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

Now you know why I have a weird type of feeling about those two and have no love for either of them. When you say you dislike the Clinton's and have voted Republican in the past, people naturally assume that you're just repeating talking points from talk radio, etc. That would be incorrect if you thought that of me. I have always gotten a bad vibe from both of them and having watched their behavior over the years and studied them, it comes as no surprise to what they're both doing in this campaign.

When I came home from work last night and saw the Obama victory, I have to admit I was quite pleased. I may not agree with everything the man stands for politically, but I'm finding him quite fascinating. It would seem highly unlikely to some that a person who has voted Republican most of his adult life would like Obama, but I have to honestly admit, I like the guy. I find him refreshing, a great speaker, and handles all the barbs and jabs the Clinton's have thrown at him pretty well. I wish him good luck and continued success.

I think you bring up some good points.

IMO, regardless of which way the Democratic nomination process goes, our party has a great chance of beating the Republican Party come November. Did anyone else hear that 200,000 more Democratic voters turned out to vote in the SC primaries than Republican voters? Our party has been energized and is so exited with the candidates we have running this go around, nothings going to stop us from taking the White House. I've heard alot of moderate Republicans say that although they don't agree with Obama on a lot of things politically, they really don't have a problem with him becoming President. I think if Obama wins the nomination, there's a good chance they'll stay home and simply not vote. The field on the Right is so uninspiring, the Republicans' chances to take the White House may be undone by the simple fact that not one Republican candidate motivates the whole party to get out the vote like the candidates on the left.

God Bless the Daily Show. I did see that bit and was laughing my butt off at the media. what fools they look like.

:thumbsup2 :lmao: Especially the (dont know her first name) O'Brien from CNN!!!!!

It's a very fine line that she has to keep. I don't envy her in that respect. As for Bill backing off, that didn't do too much good for Al Gore. As I've said before, she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

Aint that the truth!:thumbsup2

Hmmmmmm! Do you all think that has to do with her being a woman????????:confused3

One of the talking heads on the Chris Mathews Show this morning said that if Hillary Clinton wins the Democratic nomination, Ralph Nader is considering another run at the White House! What in the world could inspire Nader to put us through this again? Could his hugely inflated ego need any more stroking? :sad2:

One of the talking heads on the Chris Mathews Show this morning said that if Hillary Clinton wins the Democratic nomination, Ralph Nader is considering another run at the White House! What in the world could inspire Nader to put us through this again? Could his hugely inflated ego need any more stroking? :sad2:

I agree (iow, NO dabate ;) )

He has to be a GOP operative!:confused3

If that happens, someone needs to take him for a long ride in the country in a
Corvair.

Well, let's see: Robert Gates, Condoleeza Rice, Elaine Chao, Anthony Principi, Michael Chertoff, and Joshua Bolten were all in George H. W. Bush's administration or appointed to a post by him. There's still Cheney, too. But a lot of folks have indeed jumped ship! :rotfl:

Cheney...who's Cheney...is he someone that we know cause never see him around :rolleyes1

Obama wins South Carolina, on to Super Tuesday!! So glad this has turned into a close competition!!

I had no doubt that he would win there but think she will pull it out for New York, Florida and California

While he'll be formidable in the general election against whomever the Dems pick, I don't think he'll win, even against Hillary, although that particular race scenario will be very, very close. Perhaps a 2000 type squeaker.

I agree

::yes:: ::yes:: They are the "Masters of the Game" at Campaigning & politics! Cant wait to see what they pull out of the hat this week. :rolleyes1

they are but they need to be careful. Hillary is a very Strong capable woman and she is smart and takes no sh** from anyone. she is my girl but if Obama gets in will vote his way. As for Obama speeches they turn me off in away.

I feel like he is preaching to me and that I am at a Religious revival.
I don't mind that but it throws me off in politics and also feel as if he is trying to follow lead as if he is Martin Luther King and that kind of annoys me because Martin Luther King he is not.

But I like his wife alot. Think she would make a great first lady:thumbsup2

[QUOTE="Got Disney";22810927]... As for Obama speeches they turn me off in away.

I feel like he is preaching to me and that I am at a Religious revival.
I don't mind that but it throws me off in politics and also feel as if he is trying to follow lead as if he is Martin Luther King and that kind of annoys me because Martin Luther King he is not.
[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. Obama is a great orator but I don't think he really does have enough experience to be president.

It would be great if he ran and won the governorship in Illinois. That experience appears to be what most Americans want in a president.

How many senators have been elected president in the last 40 years?

James Monroe

Senator, 1790-1794

President, 1817-1825

-----------------------------------------------------

John Quincy Adams

Senator, 1803-1808

President, 1825-1829

Andrew Jackson

Senator, 1797-1798; 1823-1825

President, 1829-1837

Martin Van Buren

Senator, 1821-1828

President, 1837-1841

William Henry Harrison

Senator, 1825-1828

President, 1841

John Tyler

Senator, 1827-1836

President, 1841-1845

Franklin Pierce

Senator, 1837-1842

President, 1853-1857

James Buchanan

Senator, 1834-1845

President, 1857-1861

Andrew Johnson

Senator, 1857-1862; 1875

President, 1865-1869

Benjamin Harrison

Senator, 1881-1887

President, 1889-1893

Warren G. Harding

Senator, 1915-1921

President, 1921-1923

Harry S. Truman

Senator, 1935-1945

President, 1945-1953

John F. Kennedy

Senator, 1953-1960

President, 1961-1963

Lyndon B. Johnson

Senator, 1949-1961

President, 1963-1969

Richard M. Nixon

Senator, 1950-1953

President, 1969-1974

It would be great if he ran and won the governorship in Illinois. That experience appears to be what most Americans want in a president.

The Dems & the Country really need a SURE Thing in this election. After the past 7 years, this is no time to be 'experimenting"

[QUOTE="Got Disney";22810927]
they are but they need to be careful. Hillary is a very Strong capable woman and she is smart and takes no sh** from anyone. she is my girl but if Obama gets in will vote his way. .[/QUOTE] Me too, actually I am rooting for Edwards...But unless a Miracle happens...:confused3 !

[QUOTE="Got Disney";22810927]As for Obama speeches they turn me off in away. I feel like he is preaching to me and that I am at a Religious revival.I don't mind that but it throws me off in politics and also feel as if he is trying to follow lead as if he is Martin Luther King and that kind of annoys me because Martin Luther King he is not.[/QUOTE]

I dont get the whole "great orator" thing either.:confused3 It is rather cartoonish to me if not downright stereotypical. If the TV writers weren't on strike, I wonder how many parodys the late night shows would be going on about his speaches?:confused3

When he made his speech after Iowa, I heard it on the radio. I would have put $$$$$ down that is was Jesse Jackson speaking.
Also, during the debates, in a uncontrolled enviornment...he does tend to stammer.

James Monroe

Senator, 1790-1794

President, 1817-1825

John Quincy Adams

Senator, 1803-1808

President, 1825-1829

Andrew Jackson

Senator, 1797-1798; 1823-1825

President, 1829-1837

Martin Van Buren

Senator, 1821-1828

President, 1837-1841

William Henry Harrison

Senator, 1825-1828

President, 1841

John Tyler

Senator, 1827-1836

President, 1841-1845

Franklin Pierce

Senator, 1837-1842

President, 1853-1857

James Buchanan

Senator, 1834-1845

President, 1857-1861

Andrew Johnson

Senator, 1857-1862; 1875

President, 1865-1869

Benjamin Harrison

Senator, 1881-1887

President, 1889-1893

Warren G. Harding

Senator, 1915-1921

President, 1921-1923

Harry S. Truman

Senator, 1935-1945

President, 1945-1953

John F. Kennedy

Senator, 1953-1960

President, 1961-1963

Lyndon B. Johnson

Senator, 1949-1961

President, 1963-1969

Richard M. Nixon

Senator, 1950-1953

President, 1969-1974

Techincally Warren G. Harding & JFK were the only sitting Senators ever elected to President. All the rest were not Senators when they became president. In fact, a few were never even elected President, then were VP's when the sitting President died.....Go figure who they were on your own!:lmao:

Techincally Warren G. Harding & JFK were the only sitting Senators ever elected to President. All the rest were not Senators when they became president. In fact, a few were never even elected President, then were VP's when the sitting President died.....Go figure who they were on your own!:lmao:

Don't care!!! :lmao:

Typical Conservative response!:snooty:

So let's recap...

You've got TWO sitting Senators running. We've got one sitting Senator and a former governor (I don't think Giuliani or Huckabee (especially) have a chance in getting to the "final two"). Which one do you think has the best chance of winning given the history of *sitting* Senators winning a presidential race?

So let's recap...

You've got TWO sitting Senators running. We've got one sitting Senator and a former governor (I don't think Giuliani or Huckabee (especially) have a chance in getting to the "final two"). Which one do you think has the best chance of winning given the history of *sitting* Senators winning a presidential race?

I am sure HISTORY will be broken this time and a current Sitting DEMOCRAT Senator will become president!:thumbsup2

Yet another 'change'!

So let's recap...

Barack Obama! He's getting the youth vote and, I believe, can win the general election. He's just JFKish enough to do it (imo).

So let's recap...

That's like saying the president has always been a white guy. True, but it doesn't mean anything this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter