The Liberal Thread- No political debate please! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, got nothing personal against McCain, but if any one plans on backing him if Hillary gets in they will be shocked that he is more Bush than anything else.

While he'll be formidable in the general election against whomever the Dems pick, I don't think he'll win, even against Hillary, although that particular race scenario will be very, very close. Perhaps a 2000 type squeaker.

I've been hedging all along that McCain would take Florida, but I've been shot down by most on the right and even some on the left. I'm stickin' to my story :) . I think McCain will win, not by a landslide by any means, but comfortably. We'll see. My track record is not flawless. I also said this country wouldn't be fool enough to elect W a second time! :lmao:

Didn't we all...

You guys read Caroline Kennedy's "A President Like My Father " Op-Ed piece about Obama in the NYTimes this morning? Very powerful stuff!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/27/opinion/27kennedy.html?ref=opinion

ETA: Although I've been firmly in the Clinton camp from the beginning, I contributed to both the Clinton and Obama campaigns early on. I felt that Obama was an important candidate and his voice needed to be heard. His policies are so similar to Hillary's, I felt confident in supporting both, I always just thought that Hill was tougher, more formidable, and up for the task. However, I just listened to Obama's SC primary speech from last night on Youtube and can I say, I'm so impressed with him now, I've actually decided to vote Obama instead of Clinton in the Florida primary. I think his campaign is head and shoulders above the competition and that for the first time ever, I've heard from a candidate that made me believe that the progressive movement that started in the late 50's-early 60's with MLK, RFK and JFK could become a reality.

Didn't we all...

You guys read Caroline Kennedy's "A President Like My Father " Op-Ed piece about Obama in the NYTimes this morning? Very powerful stuff!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/27/opinion/27kennedy.html?ref=opinion

ETA: Although I've been firmly in the Clinton camp from the beginning, I contributed to both the Clinton and Obama campaigns early on. I felt that Obama was an important candidate and his voice needed to be heard. His policies are so similar to Hillary's, I felt confident in supporting both, I always just thought that Hill was tougher, more formidable, and up for the task. However, I just listened to Obama's SC primary speech from last night on Youtube and can I say, I'm so impressed with him now, I've actually decided to vote Obama instead of Clinton in the Florida primary. I think his campaign is head and shoulders above the competition and that for the first time ever, I've heard from a candidate that made me believe that the progressive movement that started in the late 50's-early 60's with MLK, RFK and JFK could become a reality.

That's a great OP-Ed by Caroline. I have to say that I have never been inspired by a President, or a potential President, but I am inspired by Obama. I was born in 65, and in my formative years, look who was running the Country!

For the first time, I see a presidential candidate who inspires hope, and I feel truly wants to unify America and strengthen our country (both domestically and internationally). He understands the struggles of the poor and middle class, many people who feel forgotten.

I hope that he inspires our young generation to get involved, to believe the best is ahead of us.

That's a great OP-Ed by Caroline. I have to say that I have never been inspired by a President, or a potential President, but I am inspired by Obama. I was born in 65, and in my formative years, look who was running the Country!

For the first time, I see a presidential candidate who inspires hope, and I feel truly wants to unify America and strengthen our country (both domestically and internationally). He understands the struggles of the poor and middle class, many people who feel forgotten.

I hope that he inspires our young generation to get involved, to believe the best is ahead of us.

Agreed.

I'm also frustrated at how Hillary now appears to be completely relying on her husband to drag her across the finish line. It's one thing to speak up for yourself in a debate, but when she left SC to go to CA for the week and let Bill do all the campaigning for her...it just didn't sit well with me. The fact that Obama actually beat both Clintons, because let's face it, after this week, the concept of "Billary" is alive and well, is huge for Obama's chances against whomever he would face in the general election.

I'm wondering what effect the nastiness from the Clinton camp had on the results in SC. I know they turned me off quite a bit and I like her record. As far as I'm concerned, they were doing to Obama exactly what they complain about the right wing doing to them.

I'm wondering what effect the nastiness from the Clinton camp had on the results in SC. I know they turned me off quite a bit and I like her record. As far as I'm concerned, they were doing to Obama exactly what they complain about the right wing doing to them.

To a certain extent, but nobody could ever come close to the "Rove" method of sleazy slime embraced by the Republicans. I wonder if he'll rear his ugly head this year.

To a certain extent, but nobody could ever come close to the "Rove" method of sleazy slime embraced by the Republicans. I wonder if he'll rear his ugly head this year.

I'm sure he'll reappear once the main race begins. He'll probably work for whoever wins the Republican nomination-especially if Hillary wins the Democratic.

I think you underestimate Bill and Hill's ability to campaign though, I think they can be just as "good" as Karl Rove and will be if they have to.

I think you underestimate Bill and Hill's ability to campaign though, I think they can be just as "good" as Karl Rove and will be if they have to.

We'll have to wait and see how far they go. I think after the Swiftboat debacle the American public as a whole is becomming perhaps a bit more sensitive to negative campaigning. Hopefully both sides will take notice.

While he'll be formidable in the general election against whomever the Dems pick, I don't think he'll win, even against Hillary, although that particular race scenario will be very, very close. Perhaps a 2000 type squeaker.

I think McCain has enough to antagonize plenty of folks. He's still for the war, just yesterday he referred to Clinton and the democrats waving the white flag of surrender. Then there is his illegal immigrant position, which most people weren't happy about. Then there are swift boaters out there after him. Which I find disgraceful, but they are there. I'm not sure he's going to be all they hope he will be. If he keeps pushing the war, that alone should defeat him.

I agree that Obama is very inspiring and capable. Is he electable in this country at this time? On the other hand, of course, Hillary seems to be polarizing people more than ever.

::yes:: ::yes:: They are the "Masters of the Game" at Campaigning & politics! Cant wait to see what they pull out of the hat this week. :rolleyes1

::yes:: ::yes:: They are the "Masters of the Game" at Campaigning & politics! Cant wait to see what they pull out of the hat this week. :rolleyes1

Sadly, and I am more of a Clinton supporter than not, I think they are really hurting themselves. And as been pointed out, all this in-fighting is going to be used against the candidate once the general election comes around. I think Bill is not helping things at all here.

:magnify:

I was actually surprised by it's author. I thought some over there were above all that, although I guess I really shouldn't be surprised by anything anymore.
I was too. I thought that he was well past that nonsense.

I think that the race between Hillary and Obama is far from over. Everyone is rushing to anoint Obama as the chosen one but who knows? Things change.

Sadly, and I am more of a Clinton supporter than not, I think they are really hurting themselves. And as been pointed out, all this in-fighting is going to be used against the candidate once the general election comes around. I think Bill is not helping things at all here.

Now you know why I have a weird type of feeling about those two and have no love for either of them. When you say you dislike the Clinton's and have voted Republican in the past, people naturally assume that you're just repeating talking points from talk radio, etc. That would be incorrect if you thought that of me. I have always gotten a bad vibe from both of them and having watched their behavior over the years and studied them, it comes as no surprise to what they're both doing in this campaign.

When I came home from work last night and saw the Obama victory, I have to admit I was quite pleased. I may not agree with everything the man stands for politically, but I'm finding him quite fascinating. It would seem highly unlikely to some that a person who has voted Republican most of his adult life would like Obama, but I have to honestly admit, I like the guy. I find him refreshing, a great speaker, and handles all the barbs and jabs the Clinton's have thrown at him pretty well. I wish him good luck and continued success.

I dont think much at all. Obama was way ahead in the polls there for quite some time. I really dont think that they were THAT bad to Obama. I think the MEDIA made much more out of it then it really was.

I agree that Obama is very inspiring and capable. Is he electable in this country at this time? On the other hand, of course, Hillary seems to be polarizing people more than ever.

I dont agree with this at all.

I am definately missing something with all the Obama broohahaha! I dont get him to be inspiring at all! And I am the rare duck who finds his speaches borderline cartoonish!:confused3

Me too. Bill should back off a bit....BECAUSE the media is running with this stuff. Did you see The Daily Show Thursday? They ran the reports using words like "Clinton comes out FIGHTING"...."Clinton in a RAGE"...etc. Then they showed the clips of Bill just simply talking. The Adjectives & Adverbs used by the reporters did not hold a grain of truth to what his attitude and demeaner really was!
:confused3

I think that the race between Hillary and Obama is far from over. Everyone is rushing to anoint Obama as the chosen one but who knows? Things change.
:thumbsup2 THINGS CHANGE by the minute! Hillary is still ahead in all the national polls. My thoughts are the way the primaries are currently done, they are more deceptive then anything.

As of today less than 2% of the voting public actually voted!

Me too. Bill should back off a bit....BECAUSE the media is running with this stuff. Did you see The Daily Show Thursday? They ran the reports using words like "Clinton comes out FIGHTING"...."Clinton in a RAGE"...etc. Then they showed the clips of Bill just simply talking. The Adjectives & Adverbs used by the reporters did not hold a grain of truth to what his attitude and demeaner really was!

God Bless the Daily Show. I did see that bit and was laughing my butt off at the media. what fools they look like.

I wish Bill would back off. In my opinion he should be taking a back seat and she should be doing all the talking. Her husband isn't running for President - she is.

~Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter