The LONGEST PTR ever...2012 here we come! :) *DATES!! PG 10*

Uh. Booked 2 rooms...5 nights. Dec 22 through Dec 27. Would have been cheaper ($930) to book a suite. May change it to a suite later...we'll see. :P

And by booked it is simply reserved...not paid for. We have until 6pm hotel time on check in day to cancel (or maybe it's the day before arrival).

Now...to start pricing out park tickets...and...*gulp* plane fare.

I think the plane fare is gonna be really tricky...we need to be able to pay as soon as we can book...pref. on SW. don't think they release dec dates until late june

Room has been changed (just cancelled the other reservation and rebooked a suite).

Plane fare for December most likely won't open until late July for our travel dates. Right now, they are open for booking through 11-2-2012. So, I will keep checking. The good news on that it is, if Ken and I have the money (we're thinking his bonus in July will be at least what last years was $2500) and I can find a low fare and good flight times, we'll pay for that portion. My thought is this, no matter who pays for what (hotel or flights) it all comes out in the wash anyway.

The other thing we need to look at is tickets.

Prices went up...however, going through Ares travel, it's only $58 more than before (I also need to figure out if my spreadsheet pricing was for 5 day hoppers or 6 day hoppers. :P). Through dl.com it's $1430 and only 5 day hoppers. No option on there for 6 day hoppers. Interesting.

So...there is grocery delivery...but the delivery charge is $18. However, there is a code on the site right now for free delivery on the 1st order...but I have no idea how long that'll last. So, as it stands we'll be taking a cab down to the Target off Harbor to get what we need food/drink wise for our stay.

Also, Southwest released their flights through the beginning of the year. I REALLY wish I had the money to book our flights right now...$250 round trip per person. >_<

Airfare opened up for Dec last week. However, no money to book means no cheap flights. >_<

Ideally we'd fly Southwest...maybe even Frontier. But, we're looking now at cost per person (round trip) being around $300+ since all the amazing wanna-get-away $250 RT fares are gone. :(

And driving is absolutely out of the question. I figure between gas (which who knows what those prices will do or look like at trip time), hotel rooms there and back, AND paying to park at the hotel in Cali, we're looking at $1000+ to drive (the only thing we'd save on is food really; because I'm sure we'd pack a cooler for the drive). Where as flying, if we can get RT rates at around $300 per person, we're looking at roughly $1500 to fly all 5 of us. *hangs head* Not to mention parking our car at airport parking here in Denver will be roughly $100 for the 5 or 6 days it'll be parked there.

Ugh. I just don't know. On one hand, it may be cheaper to drive...but we have the added headache of driving through snow and winter weather there and back...depending on which route we would take. Would DEF hit the winter weather going I-70 into Utah and down from there (shorter drive in good weather). But, going I-25 through New Mexico and then west through Arizona, probably wouldn't hit AS much winter weather (longer drive in good weather).

Oy. I just don't know. I really wish airlines would let you book air and pay a PORTION of the fare now, and the remained in 45-60 days...because I know come July, we would have enough to pay. But, that's not how airlines work. Darn it. :P

Least the hotel doesn't get paid until check-out. :)

Now...park tickets. Still trying to figure out how many days worth of tix to buy...I'm kind of thinking just 5. I don't anticipate going to the parks on the day we go home.

Guess I should back up and recap really:

Dates: Dec 22 through Dec 27 (if the subject of driving is brought up by my mom, these days allow for us to actually leave the 21st since everyone is off that day, and begin the drive home any time on the 27th, again because everyone is off; we'll see)

Hotel: Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim (literally across the street from the park entrance; my parents stayed here about 6 years ago when they flew stand-by on Frontier {my brother worked for Frontier back then} and really liked it). We have booked a suite, with 2 double (might be queen beds, their website has both listed at some point, as long as there are 2 beds, we're good).

Getting to Cali/home again: Air most likely; again, if mom suggests driving (wish she would...but it's a pipe dream so to speak, lol) we'll weigh the cost of doing so.

Ground transport in Cali: 24/7 rides (I believe is what it's called, need to go back a page and see for sure). Basically private can shuttle for our family; no waiting on big buses to load up with people and drop people off in a certain order at their hotel (ie Disneyland Express); and a good price as well.

Park Tix: Most likely 5 day hoppers. Like I said, I don't anticipate using the parks on the 27th.

Ok. Think that's it.

Hubby got a nice raise/promotion and an amazing bonus (which I can only imagine what it'll be next year). So, we'll be looking at airfare here soon...and park tickets.

After looking at Ares for tix (now that the price increase has taken affect/effect(?)), I'm kind of leaning towards getting passes through Disney, as the price difference is only $5. I don't think $25 (between all 5 passes) would even allow us to purchase an extra day in the parks if we chose to do that. So, we'll see. :)

Also picked up a fun backpack for the trip...which we'll go ahead and use now on zoo days, museum days, etc. :) Can't believe we are actually going to Disneyland in December!

Ugh. 24-7 rides went up...ridiculously! Seriously. 6 months ago, it was going to be around $75 RT. Today, $155. O_O No idea guys.

So, I'm looking at godisneyshuttle.com RT for all 5 off us is $80 (not including tip). Much better. However, we have decided we'll be bringing our stroller (DS is more comfy in it and will nap in it if tired enough) and HAVE to bring the car seat to comply with Cali's car seat laws (plus, DS will do better on the plane cause he knows he has to stay in his car seat), so I have an email to the company to ask if there will be an extra charge having those two items (along with our suitcases; which will probably only bring 2).

Looking at booking airfare this weekend...as Hubby's bonus hits the bank Friday.

Good news, bad news, good news. And more good news.

Hubby got his bonus today. But the amount of taxes they took out amounted to about 40% of his total bonus...so we actually got less than we were expecting (they took out nearly 1200 in Federal taxes alone o_O). However, the HR lady is looking into it as EVERYONE is angry about the amount of taxes taken out this year vs last year (looking at last years check stub from his bonus it appears they didn't take out federal or state taxes; fishy if you ask me). So, we are waiting on word back from that. The silver lining in it is that we get back a fair amount every year when we file our tax return, so we will essentially get the bulk of the bonus back then, but it would be nicer to have it now.

I got on United tonight and did a FareReserve for $25. It does not charge the total amount of flight, but allows me to reserve at the quoted price listed for 7 days. If I choose to book that flight (thinking I'm losing out on $25 as the fee for the FareReserve is non-refundable which I'll explain in a minute), I simply go back to my reservation number and purchase the fares before 6pm NEXT Friday. If not, it goes back into the pool of available seats for someone else to purchase and I lose the $25 reserve fee. I wish MORE airlines did that.

Anywho! The reason I may lose out on that fee is because looking at frontier tonight, I can book round trip for $150 more, which includes the fee ($10 per seat round trip) to choose their select seats near the front of the plane with a little more seat room (something that would be really nice considering some of us are Pooh sized, not to mention my sons car seat has a wider base that while it fits in the smaller seats, it does impede on the person sitting next to him). Do we HAVE to do the select seats? No. But will we? Most likely...a little extra bottom room can be nice. :D

I'm getting excited! Once flights are booked...all we have to do is buy passes! Which I told mom today we'll probably just buy them at Disney Store cause we get a credit card type pass rather than a paper pass that we'd probably get ordering them online and then picking up at the park. :D

Ok. Talked to the family. We'll be booking round trip through Frontier (once our CC payment goes through and I CAN book). It's $100 (total) more to not worry about which terminal we'll have to be in for which flight. Plus, if Keegan enjoys watching in-flight shows or movies on the way to Cali, he'll want it coming home. :)

FareLock cancelled.

Airfare booked and paid for...round trip with Frontier Airlines. It ended up being $150 more total because we got the travel insurnace. Most likely won't have to make use of it, but at least it's there should we need to cancel, delay, or interrpute the trip OR if baggage is lost, stolen, or delayed.

So here is the run down:

Hotel: Fairfield Inn Anahiem (a short walk to the pedestrian/shuttle drop off area of Disneyland) in a suite. Will call once we get closer to Departure day to confirm that we will have 2 beds and sofa pull out and not just a king and sofa pull out...as I slept on a sofa pullout at WDW in 2008 and it's not that comfy.

Air: Frontier Airlines-I did splurge $50 ($25 per leg of trip) to pick seats close to the front of the plane with more seat room.)
Depart Denver: 12/22/2012 at 8:11am, arrive at SNA 9:33am
Depart Orange County: 12/27/2012 at 3:12pm, arrive at DIA 6:20pm

Airport parking: USAirport parking reserved covered parking from 5am 12/22 to 8pm 12/27...as long as dad remembers is AAA card, we'll get 15% off upon exiting on the 27th.

Shuttle in Cali: Need to book this still. Going with either ampmshuttle.com or godisneyshuttle.com. It'll be $90 round trip not including a tip.

Park Tix: On the fence about this. Know we'll be doing hoppers...as we like to hop from park to park when we visit Disney. However, not sure if we should do 4 day or 5 day passes. Seeing as our flight into SNA is so early, I'm not anticipating our room being ready when we get there. Which leaves us time to visit a park if we chose. I suppose if we do 4 days and decide to visit a park on the 22nd, we can always add a day to our tix later. *shrugs*

It's so surreal to me that we are actually going to Disneyland in 5 months!

And talked to the family. We'll be making just one ADR at Goofy's Kitchen while we're at Disneyland. :) I can't wait!

Just figured out we CAN upgrade (add days to) our park tickets. The only reason I'm looking into this is because I would really love for Keegan to have a Lighting McQueen pass to use...but it's only a 2 or 3 day ticket. Where as the four and five day tickets are Luigi and Guido. I'm not too concerned with all of us adults having the same pass (we can mark our personal pass on the back with permanent marker if need be). But I know Keegan would LOVE a pass with Lighting McQueen. :P

Now on to find a packing list...I know I have one on my computer already saved from somewhere...now I just have to find it. :P

Ok. Long time no post.

Figured out that the McQueen passes are actually the adult ones (for 3 days) and Mater are the kid ones (for 3 days). So, that's not even gonna happen now.

We have decided to get 5 day passes since we get in so early on the 22nd (our flight arrives at like 9am, and I figure we'll be to the hotel by 11, check our luggage at the hotel while we wait for our room to be ready, and go get lunch and hop into a park). Which, we still need to buy. Thinking I'm going to TRY and see where we are at finance/money-wise the end of Sept and possibly go buy them then. Hoping mom and dad can afford theirs at the same time. But we'll see. I believe 5 days are $290 for adults.

I can't believe we are 103 days away from our trip! Double Digit dance happens Thursday!! :)

We will be able to afford our tixs when you guys are ready...been holding back a little every week to do this.:goodvibes

We will be able to afford our tixs when you guys are ready...been holding back a little every week to do this.:goodvibes

Awesome! I'll let you know when I'll be going to purchase them...and either we can all go together...OR I can go buy them and surprise everyone when I get home. :)

:banana::banana::banana::banana:DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

99 Days from today, we'll be IN Disneyland at this very moment!! ^_^

:cheer2::cheer2:

Too much going on. The whole house (save for a few people) are battling a head cold...I've had very little voice for 3 days. And I still haven't booked our shuttle OR bought park tix. I feel like a slacker.

Oh well. There is still time. 76 days is plenty of time to do all of that...right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter