The LONGEST PTR ever...2012 here we come! :) *DATES!! PG 10*

Number Crunching!!

Leaning toward just 6 nights (meaning the 22nd through the 28th) to save money. $370 is more souvies PLUS a character meal (if we choose). Plus, I'd rather not have everyone rushing to pack and leave on a Friday. *shrugs* Anywho. Also thinking we'll just do a package on DL.com and then have them connect the reservations (since we're doing 2 rooms)...it's only $131 more than booking hotel and tix seperate. And we'll get luggage tags, lanyards, a collectors pin, character calls, preferred seating to certain shows, and EMH (I know it's not called that at DL :P).

Total for 6 night package (with 6 day park hoppers, this could go down if we decided to do just 5 day hoppers, we'll see) is 3532.24...so $1766 per family/couple. Not too shabby I think. *shrugs*

Now the only thing I have to wait on to price is flights. Won't be able to price those till early to mid next month. Oh well. Least I am getting SOME planning and research done.

By the way...anyone know if there is an outside stroller rental company in that area? I know that Orlando has OrlandoStroller Rental...which is cool. But, I was wondering if there was anything like that for Disneyland? Cause I'm thinking we'll end up taking a stroller with us if there isn't. My kiddo, while he can walk long distances just fine, does not do well with loads of crowds. I think it's because he's little and the feeling of being in a crowd of tall people (even holding our hands) scares him. But, my other option is this. Has anyone here used it? Seen it? Or at least tested it out? DS will be 5 when we go...and right now he's about 42 inches tall...so I don't want to spend the amount of money on it, if he's not going to want to use it or is too tall to use it.

Ok. That's the update for tonight.

So, I'm feeling a bit...BLEH right now. Little sad...just a little.

Found out late last week that mom's winter break weeks are the week of Christmas & the week of New Year's. Meaning, my hopeful plan of being able to go the week before Christmas (when it's a little less crazy) is gone. Forever. :(

I don't mind going Christmas week. But I know it will be CRAZY :scared1:! And it would have been nice to be able to replan to go the week before (perhaps save some money on the hotel at the very least). But alas, it was not meant to be. Seems kind of crazy to me that the school district has chosen those two weeks as Winter Break. I mean this year, they had off the week before and the week OF Christmas...and then had a half week off the week of New Years (well, the kids did at least).

Meh. I'm not going to dwell on it. Everyone requested Christmas week off...and will most likely get it. I have to be truthful and say I'm a little bit scared of the hubby getting it off...it's never been an issue in the past...but...I dunno. We'll see.

Ok. On to planning and reading...and BOOKING!!!!

So sorry you are feeling "bleh". We will make this work. After all, we know Christmas can be a challenge, but lots of fun non the less. I for one am looking forward to this trip. :dance3:

So sorry you are feeling "bleh". We will make this work. After all, we know Christmas can be a challenge, but lots of fun non the less. I for one am looking forward to this trip. :dance3:

No no no no. Don't get me wrong...I'm still super excited for the trip...but was really hoping we would have been able to go the week before Christmas. :P

But, we'll make it fun and exciting. We just have to remember to communicate this time around. ;)

Communicate? like who wants to do what, or where we gonna eat? stuff like that:confused3

Haha. You don't remember the meltdown at Animal Kingdom back in 2008? Mom wasn't ready to go back to the hotel after we saw the Nemo show and found our stroller sopping wet...and she had a melt down because no one would talk to say what they wanted to do? :P

I had forgotten about that...so this time we have to be willing to go our separate ways if need be.:rolleyes1

May have just changed our mode of transport to/from the airport/hotel.

http://24-7ride.com/

According to the online quote I was able to look up (aka pretend book), it's $38 from airport to hotel and $33 from hotel to airport. And that's for ALL 5 of us. So...$71 total (not including tip). That's pretty good I think.

ETA: Random links for things we MAY need

http://www.citystrollerrentals.com/Disneyland-Stroller-Rentals.html (this is up in the air...depends on how much Keegan grows between now and the trip; if he still fits within the requirements of his current stroller, we'll just take that with us; cause the walk back to the hotel at night will be awful without it)

I'm guessing this is for a shuttle to and from...am I correct? If so, this is a great price.:woohoo:

Yes. It is much like the private town car we took to/from the airport here in Denver back in 2003. Only this would be a van (like Super Shuttle size) to pick only the 5 of us up from the airport to take us to the hotel, and then picks all 5 of us up from the hotel and take us back to the airport. No waiting on Super Shuttles to fill up...or big buses to fill up before heading to the hotel (or back to the airport at the end of our trip). :)

How exciting that your trip is finally this year! It must feel great to get some of the details planned out.

After a short discussion with my mom, we have decided we won't need to take a carseat with us for Keegan (dad had mentioned possibly needing to take a carseat with the new transportation arrangement). Because it's public transport, we'll just buckle him in between a couple of us for the rides to/from airport/hotel. :)

Oy. 8 months to go and I STILL haven't booked anything.

However, we are looking at going less days to save money. As much as we'd like to go for a full week (or 6 nights), we have some major repairs that have to happen on our house ASAP. Our roof needs reshingled (homeowners insurance won't cover it because it's worn out from regular wear and tear, not the wind and crap we've been seeing lately) and we need to have the electrical in our house replaced or there's something they can do for cheaper on older houses like ours rather than ripping walls open to replace it all...I think it's called piggy-backing the wires. *shrugs* I dunno.

So far, going 5 nights and getting 4 day park hopper passes is helping. But, I'm wondering if cutting it down to 4 nights w/ 3 day hoppers (we're a hopping family, lol) would be the best bet without us feeling rushed. That's my main worry is that with less days at the parks, I'm afraid we'll feel rushed and break downs will ensue. *shrugs* I dunno.

I can say that since my parents have AAA, we would be able to do hotel and tix for all 5 of us for just under $2000 (that's a no frills, no Disney themed room at the Fairfield Anaheim across the street from the parks with 4 day hoppers). BUT, airfare is another story. I'm afraid we're looking at no less than $1500 total for airfare. Which brings me to my other option of transport...car trip. It's an option what with 4 drivers. However, I don't think my mom's van is in good enough condition for that far of a trip and I KNOW my hubs car isn't. So, we'd have to rent something. Most likely an SUV or mini-van so we all fit comfortably. Not too bad...but we'd only save like $500 doing that...MAYBE. That would all depend on gas prices. The other hurdle is the time of year we're going...December...winter. We'd probably take I-70 through the mountains. However, that could be covered in snow. We could also take I-25 south through New Mexico and then I-40 through New Mexico, Arizona, and California. Ugh.

I just don't know. We'll see what happens with the house repairs and all that first...and then decide I guess. :headache:

You raise some interesting scenarios. I don't think driving would be an option. Extra money for stops along the way for hotels and food not to mention gas could be costly. I would love a road trip, just not to DL at christmas time. I still think our trip is doable even with repairs that we need to take care of (ref previous discussion).:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter