• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *New* Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Frequently Asked Questions (FEB2004) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy everyone
I am so glad everyone is having great stay!
I cant wait for Tete to post her pics and reviews!! I am dying to know how the trip went.

Hi. I am new to thread. Kelly has been helping me out a lot with my surprise GF trip for my DD. She has only stayed at All Stars and POP before and I think she is ready for the big time! LOL
There is so much info on this thread that it's a little overwhelming. But it's been helpful for my planning! Now I know I want my GV in Boca Chica and that I can order a princess Christmas cake for DD to be delivered during dinner at the GF cafe.
Thanks for all the info!

Alison

Hi. I am new to thread. Kelly has been helping me out a lot with my surprise GF trip for my DD. She has only stayed at All Stars and POP before and I think she is ready for the big time! LOL
There is so much info on this thread that it's a little overwhelming. But it's been helpful for my planning! Now I know I want my GV in Boca Chica and that I can order a princess Christmas cake for DD to be delivered during dinner at the GF cafe.
Thanks for all the info!

Alison

Hi, Alison :) Welcome to the GF thread. It's fun here with fellow GF fans.:goodvibes

Happy planning. GF is the best. :thumbsup2

PS!! I am getting really excited!!!!!! :banana: In case anybody else is interested you can save 25% on Crocs.com and get free shipping, too, with the anacomfort code. I just bought some new VACATION shoes for DD11 and me. :woohoo: WDW is the ONLY place I will be caught wearing ugly Crocs...and only the mary jane style and ONLY so I can show off my Peanuts Jibbitz collection.:rotfl2: Little DD wants to wait and buy hers at WDW.

Lives4Disney :)

I like that soap, too! I have a stash of GF H2O products in my bathroom closet. I really like the body wash, too, so if by chance we didn't receive any I just called housekeeping and they brought up a big bag of more assorted H2O goodies! I am so glad they switched out the cruddy old products for these nice new ones. I do miss the cute packaging, though.

Happy planning!!! I have two weeks to go.:goodvibes

Channing, I think my sister and I will maybe pass you in the lobby or on the grounds! We're arriving the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and I'm so excited!!
grannieminnie/Kathy

Hi, Alison :) Welcome to the GF thread. It's fun here with fellow GF fans.:goodvibes

Happy planning. GF is the best. :thumbsup2

PS!! I am getting really excited!!!!!! :banana: In case anybody else is interested you can save 25% on Crocs.com and get free shipping, too, with the anacomfort code. I just bought some new VACATION shoes for DD11 and me. :woohoo: WDW is the ONLY place I will be caught wearing ugly Crocs...and only the mary jane style and ONLY so I can show off my Peanuts Jibbitz collection.:rotfl2: Little DD wants to wait and buy hers at WDW.

yeah CROCS
they are ugly but I love mine! :thumbsup2

Channing, I think my sister and I will maybe pass you in the lobby or on the grounds! We're arriving the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and I'm so excited!!
grannieminnie/Kathy

That's cool!:thumbsup2 We fly home Monday the 26th....I think in the afternoon. :confused: Not sure of our flight times.:confused3 Need to check.

You don't see many people using white canes, so that is usually how other Disers spot us. ;) And we get spotted often, haha. My blond DD11 uses one and I have a DD7, too, and we are usually together the 3 of us.:goodvibes

It's coming up quick now, isn't it??!:cool1:

Channing :)

yeah CROCS
they are ugly but I love mine! :thumbsup2

Kelly, I ordered the "Alice" Crocs to try them out. They said they have improved or better arch support and that is what kills me. Disney is ugly shoe world though so whatever. Figured free shipping and the discount was worth the try. I am so between sizes in the Beach or Cayman styles, so they just don't work for me. DDs love those best.

It's Friday so I am happy.:) :)

Channing

That's cool!:thumbsup2 We fly home Monday the 26th....I think in the afternoon. :confused: Not sure of our flight times.:confused3 Need to check.

You don't see many people using white canes, so that is usually how other Disers spot us. ;) And we get spotted often, haha. My blond DD11 uses one and I have a DD7, too, and we are usually together the 3 of us.:goodvibes

It's coming up quick now, isn't it??!:cool1:

Channing :)

Thanks for the "clues" on spotting you and the girls. It would be fun to meet another Diser. My sister and I will be the ones with grins on our faces because we've finally gotten to stay at the GF!!:banana: We'll hope to be there around lunch time.

I am getting so excited to see that a few of you will be at the GF soon!! I still have a few months to go and I can't wait....wish I was going sooner.:goodvibes

We will be there in January and most of the resorts are jam packed. I was hoping for a quiet week...oh well, it's the only time my children have off from school together.

I do have RPC booked and I am pretty excited to see the new redo in person. I hope I like it.

Happy and safe travels everyone!:)

Magical

This is probably going to sound like a weird question :confused3 But does anyone have pics of the bathrooms in the refurbed rooms? I've seen the room pics on this thread, but no bathroom. I am curious to see the tub. Is it just a regular old tub? :lmao:

A little OT, but my DS is pretty sick and has been for over 2 weeks. There's a link to the story in my signature. If you pray, we'd sure appreciate it.

Denise

Triplefigs,

I pm'd you a message to wish your son well after his surgery.

I am so glad that everything went well!:goodvibes Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Magical

This is probably going to sound like a weird question :confused3 But does anyone have pics of the bathrooms in the refurbed rooms? I've seen the room pics on this thread, but no bathroom. I am curious to see the tub. Is it just a regular old tub? :lmao:

I'm pretty sure the bathrooms were left untouched except for new shower heads. And the bathtubs are just regular bathtubs with shower curtains, except for the suites and honeymoon rooms. They have jacuzzis.

I think they are the same.

Are all rooms on the highest floor of each lodge building dormer rooms with vaulted ceilings?

My preference is the top floor, but I have no interest in a dormer room...

Also, I've read about a few standard rooms that are corner larger rooms with 2 balconies? Anyone seen pictures of these?:confused3

Are all rooms on the highest floor of each lodge building dormer rooms with vaulted ceilings?

My preference is the top floor, but I have no interest in a dormer room...

Also, I've read about a few standard rooms that are corner larger rooms with 2 balconies? Anyone seen pictures of these?:confused3

We just loved our top floor dormer room in Conch Key in July. The vaulted ceiling truely did make the room seem larger and our view was amazing. Granted the balcony was smaller, but that did not bother us.

The bathrooms look the same to me, too. Nothing fabulous about them, but they are roomy with nice counter space & as far as the Disney hotel bathrooms go. We've had worse.....although the ones I really like best are the YC bathrooms with the extra shelf below and the roominess with the extra hall space right there.

Cinderlexa's Mom, they are called Hammer Head rooms. I believe they are MK or lagoon view rooms. Misti has some pics but she hasn't been around much and I don't know where they are. I think Irisbud just had one in Big Pine recently.

As far as the dormer rooms....not sure if all top floors have the dormer ceiling. I don't even want to guess. We had one once and I really liked the feel of it. Not hotelly, much more cosy and homey. I guess people either really like them or not. No inbetweens.;)

Triplefigs....I need to find out what the heck is going on with Rees! It's been a while since I've seen ya around here when you first mentioned he was sick. Hope things have improved.:grouphug: Poor little guy.:guilty:

Happy day,

Triplefigs....I need to find out what the heck is going on with Rees! It's been a while since I've seen ya around here when you first mentioned he was sick. Hope things have improved.:grouphug: Poor little guy.:guilty:

Happy day,

Lives4Disney :)[/QUOTE]

Triplefigs has a link attached to her post. (ex thread 7403) It has all been quite sad and nerve racking but things are starting to look better for Rees. Check it out:thumbsup2

Hi all! Got back late last night from our vacation at SL! If you remember we were supppose to be in a GV room one night and then switch to SL. We were upgraded our first night and things didnt go smoothly. We arrived at 10:30 and couldnt get into our room until 5. We had been up since 4 am so it was a long day. We couldnt even get into the lounge because the whole building was waiting for the inspection after the rehab. Looking back I wish I had stayed in that GV room that first night but oh well. We had some other issues the first two days but the two major ones were when I went to go check to see if our room was ready, the club level CM handed me my room number on a piece of paper! After he picked my jaw off the floor, he got someone came and walked us to our room (while I saw other driven) and it was a good thing she brought us because for nearly 2 days we couldnt get into our room without the help of a CM. Apparently there were three rooms that were having this trouble. After speaking with two cast members that have been mentioned on this thread, guess what happened? Nothing! I was upgraded so that was my compentation:laughing: I would have prefered to stay in a GV that first night. At least I would have been able to get in that room after being wet from the pool!

We had the top floor tower room and I was excited to get my request until I realized it didnt have a balcony! We really did miss it!
We ate at 1900 which was alright, Narcoossee and Citrico! We had great meals at both and decided we do like Narcoossee better!
The weather was horrible but that is something we cant control! Oh yeah, Betsy is now the activities coordinator for the GF! She is from YC/BC so I am hoping that she gets more activities here! Lots to do on Halloween Day and night! They had a costume contest and guess what- my DS3 won FIRST place!!! He had no idea what was going on really but of coarse DD6 knew and was not happy. I would have liked it if they gave out something to everyone that participated. She would have been happy with a plastic ring that she got over at SAB!

I cant compare the old to new lounge but there still isnt enough seating! The food offerings were very nice and the new cappachino machine was awesome! I dont know how I am going to live without those scones?!?

I am happy to answer any questions and I will post some valuable photos once I learn how to do it!!!

Siobhan

Tete....sorry to hear about your less than stellar stay.

We had the same tower room one year... and I hated the fact there was no balcony. I kind of felt confined without one.

We also had a similar check in with RPC...we arrived at 9AM and we didn't get our room until after 4:30PM. It took forever...but the rest of our stay was magnificent!

I am also curious to see what the new SL lounge looks like. I take it you haven't seen it before it was done? When we used to stay in SL it was practically dead every time we stayed, but now both buildings (RPC & SL) are swamped!

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter