The NEW Official SHADES OF GREEN Information (YouTube Video Info in 1st Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, I had this thread saved in favorites, and couldnt get to it. Huge error messages, and such, and had to go digging though disboards to find it. Thanks for asking

We are planning a trip for August and have 4 adults with 2 children coming. We are trying to decide if we want to book a poolside or balcony room Some of the adults smoke so we are leaning towards a balcony so they don't bother other people as much. Also what are your thoughts on 2 rooms or a suite? We are going to try to take a cruise for a couple of days after our stay at SOG. Has anyone done this and what transportation did you use to get from SOG to the port. From what cruises are schedule we will have to get a hotel by the port for a night before the cruise. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

We are planning a trip for August and have 4 adults with 2 children coming. Also what are your thoughts on 2 rooms or a suite?

Get 2 rooms. This way everyone has their own personal space and nobody feels like they are sharing or getting in anyone's way. I also suggest 2 rooms so that there are real beds for everyone....not a bunch of fold out sofas, etc.

As far as the smokers.......not much you can do to stop the smoke from traveling. It is going to go vertical and horizontal, so someone will notice it. :confused3

We are planning a trip for August and have 4 adults with 2 children coming. We are trying to decide if we want to book a poolside or balcony room Some of the adults smoke so we are leaning towards a balcony so they don't bother other people as much. Also what are your thoughts on 2 rooms or a suite? We are going to try to take a cruise for a couple of days after our stay at SOG. Has anyone done this and what transportation did you use to get from SOG to the port. From what cruises are schedule we will have to get a hotel by the port for a night before the cruise. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

from the SOG website...

Smoking: Shades of Green is a smoke-free resort.

I know that it says "smoke-free". When we were there last we were told smoking was alowed on the balcony as long as the doors were closed. Unless that has changed.

We are staying at POP this year since SOG was booked. We are looking to go to SOG to have some meals. Do I really have to walk from the Poly? or can I take a bus from the parks?

We are staying at POP this year since SOG was booked. We are looking to go to SOG to have some meals. Do I really have to walk from the Poly? or can I take a bus from the parks?

WHY?! food sucks at at SoG now that Evergreens is closed.

and the buses to and from the parks are only once per hour. depending on where you are and the time of day it might be quicker to take the monorail to poly and the ten minute walk to SoG.

there is a bus directly to SOG from Animal Kingdom and HS.... from Epcot and MK you go to TTC and catch a bus there.... or you can walk over fromthe POLY... its only about a 10-15 minute walk...

I highly would not recommend SOG's food... :scared1:

However if you want to get there, you can walk from the Poly (10-15 mins) or walk to the TTC from Poly. SOG has buses that run to the TTC every 20 or so mins.

Not sure why you'd want to go to SOG to eat, there aren't really any good dining option at SOG unless you are going for ice cream or something.

We are 2 adults and 2 teenagers (girls). We always get 2 rooms so my husband can have his own bathroom space. We've seen the deluxe suite and would still rather have 2 rooms, ref the whole folding up of bed issue. We prefer poolside rooms for 2 reasons; my husband likes to smoke the occasional, (okay, frequent) cigar out on the patio, and if you get poolside by the Magnolia pool, it is a very short, level walk to the hot tub AND BACK. Smoking is only permitted on the patio/balcony. For whatever reason the ground floor patio seems larger than a higher floor balcony. Hope this helps.

P.S. Do not under any circumstances eat the food at Shades. A total disaster. We had a 30 minute grocery stop with our transfer last time. Daughter wanted to get takeout chinese at the strip mall. Husband was like, "no, we'll eat at the hotel". Worst mistake of our vacation. By the time we got our "take to our room Mangino's takeout" we were starving. And it was IN-EDIBLE. Raw calimari, etc. We had previously (2004, 2006) eaten at Manginos, and Evergreens so we have something to compare it to. Now, I would not even eat the food if it was given to me.

I am in trip planning mode :goodvibes and need some help. We have stayed at SOG in the past and really enjoyed our time there. Today I was checking tickets available through SOG. I have purchases a annual pass from them in the past. I did not see it on their site as an option. Can I still purchase AP during out stay? We are planning on staying a few nights at SOG.

Thank you in advance!

Angel16

It depends how much "closeness" you want! My parents are comfortable sharing a room with my sister and BIL and 2 daughters. And there is enough room to do this although the bathroom can get a little crowded. We got 2 rooms when we travelled with my parents and our two children. That just worked better for us. We've never had an opportunity to rent a suite - they were never available for us. Ifthe cost of 2 rooms is less than a suite I'd go for that double the square footage, double the bathrooms! We always get a poolside roomon the lowest level - it just makes it easier for us to go to the pools.
We used our own car to get to the port (we usually drive down and visit family on the way to break up the 22 hour trip). But we saw lots of peple in rentals - check the Disney Cruise thread and see what responses you receive. We drove over the day before and stayed at a hotel at the port. Feel free to PM me if I can answer any cruise questions - BEST VACATION EVER!!!!:cool1::cool1:

We were not impressed AT ALL with the food at SOG. But the food court at the POP is great and not out-of-control expensive. I'd recommend that you consider staying at the POP for meals and doing sit down ones in the parks or downtown Disney. Yes, that's expensive but honestly, the food at SOG is really really bad (it was better in Iraq...!)

HI!
In May 2007 SOG did not have any rooms available so we were given an overflow rate at either CSR or CB and we were able to choose which one we wanted. Last January SOG gave us the overflow rate at POR (which was awesome). I don't remember if we were given any other options. Does anyone know how this works? When we were put on the wait list we had to choose if we wanted value, mod or deluxe and I chose moderate. I can't remember if we got to choose the mod or if they said we had to take POR. Also has anyone ever used an overflow rate at a deluxe (besides CR) and how much did you pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter