The "Newest" Moms Hangout...

For us it was just checking over the income stuff, weights, and imputing info. Didnt take to long at all. Thank goodness for Wic, huh? We are on lactose free milk right now, and that stuff is SPENDY. Its $3.50 a half gallon, and we go through it in a day. Not as expensive as the formula.. But it seems to be hitting just as hard.

Congratulations!!!

:lmao:

Which milk is it, lactaid? Do you like it? We'll only be able to get Wic for 6 months because they'll check income again and DH is getting his pay restored (they decreased everyone's salaries last year when economy got bad) and a pay raise!:banana:Good for us, bad for Wic. :lmao:

Agh!! Three teeth @ 1 time is so not fair. :rotfl:

Lucas' top central incisors are still not completely through the gums yet and his bottom lateral incisor is breaking through now, too. He's miserable.

I went ahead and bought a bottle of the formula that is pre-mixed... stuck it in the fridge. He seems to like the cold on his gums so at least that is helping.

Which milk is it, lactaid? Do you like it? We'll only be able to get Wic for 6 months because they'll check income again and DH is getting his pay restored (they decreased everyone's salaries last year when economy got bad) and a pay raise!:banana:Good for us, bad for Wic. :lmao:

We found that Safeway has its regular brand... Lactose free. I had no idea. I am pretty sure we can get Lactaid as well. When I asked about it at WIC, she said we could get any lactose free milk they had. I have only seen Lucern in whole milk lactose free though.

Yay for getting his pay restored, and a RAISE!!:cool1: My husband hasnt had a raise on two years. GAH! But he is back to working some over time, so I hope raises are next.

Agh!! Three teeth @ 1 time is so not fair. :rotfl:

Lucas' top central incisors are still not completely through the gums yet and his bottom lateral incisor is breaking through now, too. He's miserable.

I went ahead and bought a bottle of the formula that is pre-mixed... stuck it in the fridge. He seems to like the cold on his gums so at least that is helping.

Poor guy. I hate when we have teething babies around here. The twins have all eight front teeth now.. We having teeth issues all over the place! My eight yo is getting in all his grown up teeth, my 4yo lost her fist two teeth, and the twins are teething!:lmao:

Ugh! i was talking to my storytime moms about teething today. I told them how Hylands Teething Tablets worked for me and I noticed 2 moms giving each other the eye. I had heard them talking earlier, but at that moment I realized they had been saying that the tablets were crap and a rip off. lol They seem to help Lily. The mom asked me if I had ever tried one myself because she said it doesn't do anything. I wanted to say, but we're 10 times the size of our babies, who knows how it feels to them? It doesn't numb the mouth, it more soothes the baby with camomile (sp?) and junk. I just said that it really seems to work for Lily (the first 2 times we tried it, she went right to sleep afterwords), but that each baby is different.

One of them suggested the vibrating rattles.

One of them suggested the vibrating rattles.

Like you said, every baby is different. Lucas has a vibrating rattle. Ya know what he does with it? Picks it up- squeezes the vibrating part (it plays a song too) then he throws it across the room and watches it shake with a smile on his face. :rotfl:

He's most happy with Motrin or a bottle. He still won't take pacifiers, teethers or frozen washcloths. So I give him a dose of Motrin when he's unbearable in the morning and one at night. Sucking on his bottle soothes him enough for his nap/bedtime. Thank goodness!

Me! Me! Me!!!!!

I'm passing the time looking at baby bedding. I think I found what I want!!! Now I just need DH to get home. I wanna buy it RIGHT NOW so badly. I'm terrible!! :rotfl:

Members of the "Mickey Moms Club" got an e-mail invitation to answer some questions.

The first 1,000 qualified respondants (U.S. Citizen, had been to WDW within the last year, etc.) will get to host a WDW House Party... and get a "Big Red Box" of goodies!

They're supposed to send e-mails out today to the those that made the cut to let them know.

Hi ladies,

I guess it's time to join this thread.

Our newest daughter Oksana Iryna was born on March 18th. I can't believe she will be two weeks old tomorrow!

Unlike my other kids this one sleeps on a schedule and is gaining weight on schedule. It's so nice not to have those additional worries.

Congrats and welcome!! That is my little ones birthday too (though last year).
Hope see stays on a schedule for you!

We don't have teething issues, because Katie still doesn't have any teeth! Several times I've just known she was teething, but nothing yet!

Thanks for the congrats, guys! I'm excited! I know that it'll be great with them being this close together!

I don't think I'm going to be able to get my tubes tied though. I'll admit to some disappointment when I saw the boy bits. I just don't think I can put off the possibility of trying for a little girl in a few years. We'll see, but I think I'm going to just get Mirena until I can be positive about the decision.

Wow, Elliott was set to impress! That is so awesome! He's going to be moving everywhere soon and you're going to have to watch out!

I think that is a great idea. I'm telling you, I was done 10 yrs ago! And now I have my beautiful 10 month old right here beside me!

Hi ladies,

Our newest daughter Oksana Iryna was born on March 18th. I can't believe she will be two weeks old tomorrow!

Unlike my other kids this one sleeps on a schedule and is gaining weight on schedule. It's so nice not to have those additional worries.

Welcome!

Congrats and welcome!! That is my little ones birthday too (though last year).
Hope see stays on a schedule for you!

Congrats and welcome! 3/18 is my birthday, too. Great day!

Patsy, congrats on 2 boys!!! I am happy for you!

Elliott had his first day at the sitter yesterday. He was happy when I left, happy when I picked him up, and slept from 9 last night until 4:15 this morning!!

Elliott had his first day at the sitter yesterday. He was happy when I left, happy when I picked him up, and slept from 9 last night until 4:15 this morning!!

Wow! Lucky you! We got a 5 hour stretch last night but then she was wide awake at 2am and it took me about an hour and a half to get her back to sleep. DH went and bought the Fisher Price Newborn rock n play sleeper last night. It's awesome!!! DD loves it.

My question to the moms is this... Did your child have phlegm and if so, what did you do for it. I took DD to the dr. on Monday because it sounded like she was having trouble breathing and she was doing these really sharp coughs. They listened to her lungs and said she sounded clear. Well, she choked once yesterday when I gave her a bottle, so much so that she stopped breathing, turned blue and scared me half to death. Then with this mornings bottle she gagged twice. This normally doesn't happen and I can hear that there is stuff in there that she can't clear. She keeps coughing and can't lay flat on her back because she starts crying. I have tried a humidifier in her room and making a "sauna" in the bathroom with the steam and sitting in there for 10 minutes. I don't feel like it' s working. I have a call in to the dr. now to ask if they have any ideas for me, but if any of you do, that would be a help! :goodvibes

Wow! Lucky you! We got a 5 hour stretch last night but then she was wide awake at 2am and it took me about an hour and a half to get her back to sleep. DH went and bought the Fisher Price Newborn rock n play sleeper last night. It's awesome!!! DD loves it.

It was a double-edged sword that he slept that long, though. It was nice that he did, however, once I fed him, changed him, and put him back down, it was almost 5 am, and my alarm goes off at 5:30!

My question to the moms is this... Did your child have phlegm and if so, what did you do for it. I took DD to the dr. on Monday because it sounded like she was having trouble breathing and she was doing these really sharp coughs. They listened to her lungs and said she sounded clear. Well, she choked once yesterday when I gave her a bottle, so much so that she stopped breathing, turned blue and scared me half to death. Then with this mornings bottle she gagged twice. This normally doesn't happen and I can hear that there is stuff in there that she can't clear. She keeps coughing and can't lay flat on her back because she starts crying. I have tried a humidifier in her room and making a "sauna" in the bathroom with the steam and sitting in there for 10 minutes. I don't feel like it' s working. I have a call in to the dr. now to ask if they have any ideas for me, but if any of you do, that would be a help! :goodvibes

Do you think it could be a reflux cough? If she is refluxing & then potentially aspirating (breathing) it, it could be serious. Definitely something to talk to the ped about. Mention the coughing / gagging and definitely mention the stopping breathing & turing blue. That's not normal.

Do you think it could be a reflux cough? If she is refluxing & then potentially aspirating (breathing) it, it could be serious. Definitely something to talk to the ped about. Mention the coughing / gagging and definitely mention the stopping breathing & turing blue. That's not normal.

Ditto!

You definitely need more guidance from the Ped than "Her lungs are clear" :rolleyes:

Lily has a cold. She was up every 2 hours last night. It sounds terrible, but it really wasn't that bad. I got up and walked with her for like 2 minutes and then she would settle down with me again. I think she would wake, have a little trouble breathing through her stuffy nose and panic. She's woke up happy and smiley though. DH told me I should just stay home since we were up so much, but I told him, No way! He gets to 'work' today (he's off for spring break) cuz I'd rather go to work where I do WAY less work than what I do at home! :rotfl:

She is soooo clingy right now. It's driving me nuts. :headache:

We won't be doing a baptism for either kid, but is anyone else thinking along the lines of wills??

Also, congrats on two little guys! I was totally sure it was a girl because of your different symptoms, but it just goes to show you that it is each pregnancy that is different - not just different if the sex is different!

I have two dresses done for WDW!!!
babies175.jpg

babies174.jpg

babies173.jpg

babies172.jpg

Are you on the disboutiquers thread, I am pretty sure you are not, but you SHOULD BE! I'd love to see you over there: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2420330 Your dresses are GORGEOUS! I cannot wait to get a trip planned and start making Isabel some cute stuff!

What is everyone doing for Easter Baskets (if you are doing one)? I found some cute chalk in the shape of eggs and bunnies, some Buzz and Woody fruit snacks, 1st golfers club set, and some coloring books. LO will get Puffs, socks, and a new mirror toy. He can't get enough of himself. ;)

I wound up at the drs today with mastitis... again. I hope it goes away fast this time.

First - sorry about the mastitis! Hope you get better ASAP! (((HUGS)))

I got Isabel a cute basket from Target that could later be used to store things in her room - no bunnies or eggs on it, just butterflies. Since she will get to start baby food in a couple weeks I bought bowls, spoons and baby food to put in it, I also got some eggs (no need for candy) and I did get her a small chocolate bunny - I figure it could be a tradition, but DH will probably end up eating it :) I want to get her sippy cups too, but those will not fit in the basket.

Today I've had this totally weird decrease in my pumping output. Hopefully I'm just not drinking enough water. I have started to diet, but I haven't done anything drastic at all! :confused3

That happened to me Tuesday and Wednesday morning (we do one bottle a day usually, DH feeds her at the 5/6 am feeding and I pump). I usually get 8-9 ounces, and I was only getting 6 or less those two mornings. I made an effort to drink more yesterday (carried water with me everywhere and actually drank it) and today I was back up to my usual 9 ounces!

These babies have been near killing me with night waking. Katie's all backward. Days are for playing & learning. Nights she wants to take in a bunch of her calories. What would/should be the last feeding is around 8/9 PM. Katies been getting up again at around 11/12, again at 1/2 and finally at 4/5. Plus Dylan will get up to nurse once in there. Its brutal.
:hug: hope ut gets bette, and soon!

Can anyone tell me what the initial WIC appointment is like? This crazy formula that they put Luca on for his lactose intolerance is $160/case and insurance doesn't cover it. Wic covers it (thank goodness) and luckily we qualify right now.

They verify income, ask for birth stats (height, weight, etc) and current ones. Then I had to do a mini-class (video) explaining how you should feed baby, then the nutritionist asked if I was BFing full time or what and then I was back out picking up my checks. Pretty simple.

I don't think I'm going to be able to get my tubes tied though. I'll admit to some disappointment when I saw the boy bits. I just don't think I can put off the possibility of trying for a little girl in a few years. We'll see, but I think I'm going to just get Mirena until I can be positive about the decision.

Wow, Elliott was set to impress! That is so awesome! He's going to be moving everywhere soon and you're going to have to watch out!
I think something non- permanent like Mirena is a good idea. I think with babies it is normal to be a little sad about noe having the other - I really wanted a girl, but thought isabel was a boy at first and when thy said she was a she, I was a little sad I didn't have my boy I had been envisioning. Though I was still thrilled.

Hi ladies,

WELCOME!

So happy to hear it went well!! And yeay on sleeping!

Ditto!
Lily has a cold. She was up every 2 hours last night. It sounds terrible, but it really wasn't that bad. I got up and walked with her for like 2 minutes and then she would settle down with me again. I think she would wake, have a little trouble breathing through her stuffy nose and panic. She's woke up happy and smiley though. DH told me I should just stay home since we were up so much, but I told him, No way! He gets to 'work' today (he's off for spring break) cuz I'd rather go to work where I do WAY less work than what I do at home! :rotfl:

She is soooo clingy right now. It's driving me nuts. :headache:
Hope she gets better soon so you can sleep - and I totally understand home being a tougher job. I'm jealous sometimes that DH goes to work! Though I love being home with Isabel some non-mommy/cleaning/cooking time would be awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter