• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The nutters in CA who chained up 13 kids...

The grandparents are, well, the grandparents....
Pretty self explanatory?????
Sometimes the NUT doesn't fall so far from the tree?

Exactly. Here is what is actually happening: The grandparents are LYING to cover their own behinds. They knew what was going on. They don't want to end up in jail too. I bet you anything they will be arrested eventually. Remember, this story JUST broke. Investigators will very quickly realize the grandparents aren't innocent.

Exactly. Here is what is actually happening: The grandparents are LYING to cover their own behinds. They knew what was going on. They don't want to end up in jail too. I bet you anything they will be arrested eventually. Remember, this story JUST broke. Investigators will very quickly realize the grandparents aren't innocent.

It's highly unlikely the grandparents would be considered culpable in a legal arena.

I feel it's likely they had some idea the children's wellbeing was not being tended to in many ways, but I will be shocked if there's any legal repercussions for them.

Very sad, I can't imagine how anyone can be so evil, especially to their own children. I think the fact the kids ages are 2 - 29, the father and one or more of his daughters are parents to the younger ones. It's so disturbing to think people are capable of this.

Sickening all around. What I can’t figure out is how there are so many kids and you don’t see them coming and going. Like I have 2 and I’m constantly in the car, dh too. Going to gymnastics and religion and what not. How does no one notice that no one leaves??

Sickening all around. What I can’t figure out is how there are so many kids and you don’t see them coming and going. Like I have 2 and I’m constantly in the car, dh too. Going to gymnastics and religion and what not. How does no one notice that no one leaves??

Don't talk to the neighbors or even let them have any idea how many children may or not be in your family. Open a "school" in your home. Chain the children to their beds to avoid pesky comings and goings.

Not sure if this has been discussed here (couldn't find a thread), but according to FB pics on the parents' profile, they were frequent visitors to Disneyland. Makes me wonder if they have posted here! And all the crazy child abuse and torture aside, what is up with multiple wedding vow renewals by Elvis???

If you haven't seen the story, here is a link:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ia-home-n837871?icid=today_hp_NBCtopheadlines

They'll soon have a reality show. Real nutters of Riverside County. Only by Bravo!!!

Since they weren’t coming and going like a “normal” family, it’s possible the neighbors didn’t even know they had kids.

And, even if they saw kids, some people just have different habits. It may be the norm among your circle to be running kids constantly all over the place, but some people simply don’t. I don’t think I would find it odd. Certainly not a reason to contact the police.

News report I saw had neighbor(s) saying they saw kids mowing lawn looking malnourished, pale, smallish in stature......

Last edited:
Seven of the children were actually adults. I know there is some kind of foster care to help minors, but I hope there is something in place to help the adults too. It seems that the parents have infantilized them and that they will be completely unprepared to make it in the world.

This may turn out to be like the Jaycee Dugard case. She has been abducted & held captive for 18 years, during which time she had two children fathered by her abductor. The man was already a convicted sex offender and was out on parole. He was supposed to be monitored and even have home visits. Had they done their work properly, and looked over every inch of his property, Jaycee might have been found sooner. Because of they had dropped the ball, the state of CA awarded her $20 million dollars to her & her 2 daughters.

In this case with the "principal" homeschooling the kids, on the news here, the question was brought up, "Isn't there supposed to be some oversight committees who is supposed to do checks to make sure the homeschools are following certain standards?" If the state of CA once again dropped the ball on this family, the kids may also get some lump some to take care of them for life and get much needed therapy & life training. They will definitely need it.

I was surprised that the 17 yr old girl was able to work a cell phone to call 911. Those aren't easy to figure out, the first time using them. :eek:

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if the 2 year old is really the child of the Daddy and one of the daughters.

but yep, they are so malnourisehd it appears they never really had a full puberty.

If they all were so malnourished & young looking, even today, the girls probably didn't go though puberty enough to have kids.

This may turn out to be like the Jaycee Dugard case. She has been abducted & held captive for 18 years, during which time she had two children fathered by her abductor. The man was already a convicted sex offender and was out on parole. He was supposed to be monitored and even have home visits. Had they done their work properly, and looked over every inch of his property, Jaycee might have been found sooner. Because of they had dropped the ball, the state of CA awarded her $20 million dollars to her & her 2 daughters.

In this case with the "principal" homeschooling the kids, on the news here, the question was brought up, "Isn't there supposed to be some oversight committees who is supposed to do checks to make sure the homeschools are following certain standards?" If the state of CA once again dropped the ball on this family, the kids may also get some lump some to take care of them for life and get much needed therapy & life training. They will definitely need it.

I was surprised that the 17 yr old girl was able to work a cell phone to call 911. Those aren't easy to figure out, the first time using them. :eek:

I believe California is actually one of the more regulated states in which to homeschool.

In this case, the father registered their home as an official "private school" w/ himself as the principal. The school was named Sand Castle Day School.

Apparently, from one article I read, an unlicensed private school would only be subject to random fire safety checks by the fire marshal?

I believe California is actually one of the more regulated states in which to homeschool.

In this case, the father registered their home as an official "private school" w/ himself as the principal. The school was named Sand Castle Day School.

Apparently, from one article I read, an unlicensed private school would only be subject to random fire safety checks by the fire marshal?

Argh! I just saw on Niteline that because the father registered it as a "private school," and not homeschooling, that private educational institutions are NOT regulated by the state of CA. :headache: He found a loophole in the system. Probably why they moved to CA. :badpc:

Last edited:
On GMA they're going to be interviewing the doctor who cared for them. They were under medical care and no one saw any issues?:confused3 I know what they say about hindsight but........

On GMA they're going to be interviewing the doctor who cared for them. They were under medical care and no one saw any issues?:confused3 I know what they say about hindsight but........
Wow. v Yeah, I mean, I'd have assumed no one took them to the doctor for years---at least the older ones who look less nourished. Hard to imagine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter