*** The Official 2014 - DLR -July Thread ***(We All Have Been There & Back Home)

First day and we have got a lot of rides in so far...astro buzz space star tours splash pooh jungle cruise almost hm but dd chickend out...then just hopped to dca and got a fp for rsr with a return of 735 to 835!! I am a little disappointed about characters meet and greets we stood in line a good 15 mins for cruella and she left tried to get in line for flick and donald and was told they were getting ready to leave so kids have had no autographs...but we got lots of time so hopefully we will get some

Note To All - WOW!!! this is the last group going to Disney. What a journey & WOW!! the fun we all had during our planning, departing & returning home with neat experiences to share. I have had fun my Dear Dis-Friends & Families.. I am sad to say, I will miss the responsibilities of this thread. I have made many lasting friendships & have learned so much about everyone and have learned a few things about my personal self. I have learn to improve & become a better person inside & how important it is to portray who I am & what you see of myself on the other side of the Dis-Board. We can all log into the Dis-Board and say hello & we are going to Disney, but to make friends and to keep up a lasting true friendship during our journey takes honesty & love. I have truly felt it all. Love you all. Happy Future Planning & May You & Your Families Be Blessed Everyday Of Your Lives. Bob

Hi everyone!

You guys don't know me but I feel like I know all if you. I am planning a trip for July 2015. I started following this thread so I could get an idea of what to expect. I wanted to thank all of you for sharing your experiences and tips. I've read everyone's trip reports. I feel like a hitchhiking ghost who has travelled with each of you on your vacation.

This is one if the best threads I've followed in a long time. Thanks to all for being a great group of people!

I have to share pictures of our engagement with other Disney fans. You all get how absolutely magical it was to be proposed to after Fantasmic.pixiedust:
IMG_1685_zps8b5a260f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for all you did for our July group Bob!

Thanks, could not have done it without each and everyone of you super neat Diser's.

First day and we have got a lot of rides in so far...astro buzz space star tours splash pooh jungle cruise almost hm but dd chickend out...then just hopped to dca and got a fp for rsr with a return of 735 to 835!! I am a little disappointed about characters meet and greets we stood in line a good 15 mins for cruella and she left tried to get in line for flick and donald and was told they were getting ready to leave so kids have had no autographs...but we got lots of time so hopefully we will get some

OMG - Get me back to Disneyland.. Have Fun Luulu and family

Hi everyone!

You guys don't know me but I feel like I know all if you. I am planning a trip for July 2015. I started following this thread so I could get an idea of what to expect. I wanted to thank all of you for sharing your experiences and tips. I've read everyone's trip reports. I feel like a hitchhiking ghost who has travelled with each of you on your vacation.

This is one if the best threads I've followed in a long time. Thanks to all for being a great group of people!

WOW!! we had a secret shopper. :lmao: Thanks and we appreciate your feed back.. Glad we all were able to help. We welcome you to our thread and hope to see, run into or visit with you in the future.

I have to share pictures of our engagement with other Disney fans. You all get how absolutely magical it was to be proposed to after Fantasmic.pixiedust:
IMG_1685_zps8b5a260f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

WOW!!! My heart went thump, thump and I had tears in my eyes... Congrat's to you, your husband to be and your Child / Children.

Luulu go to Toontown at 9am one morning and the kids will see lots if characters and not have big lines.

Hi, all!!! My family were on staycation from July 6-11. I have a very rare day off Wednesday & if all goes well, I'm going solo to both parks!!! I'm so excited about the thought of riding sans children...get to eat what I want, ride what I want!!! I plan on going in at park opening. I'm excited beyond belief. I'll only stay until 3:30 to beat the traffic & pick up the kids. Wow!!!

Here now, yay! However, the crowds seem VERY heavy to me. This is our fist trip to DLR so I have nothing to compare it to, but DL was wall to wall people from about 10:00 on with long standby wait times for most rides. I think crowds may be heavier than normal right now based on my Ridemax itinerary (which I purchased at the last minute yesterday after experiencing a busy day Fri at DCA). Because their plan was already behind schedule at 9:30 with an 8:00 start time. Even the 10:30 Fantasmic show was PACKED, which was shocking. Everything I remember reading said the second show would have light crowds, and even a cast member said to me earlier in the day that the park would clear out after F!, but it didn't. We ended up using the light pole trick by happenstance. I was in WDW for July 4 last year and the crowds for that week were light compared to my experience today. Any thoughts on the crowd levels from our veteran DLR friends? Is it Comic Con? Surf U.S. Open? Or just normal late July crowds?

Hi, all!!! My family were on staycation from July 6-11. I have a very rare day off Wednesday & if all goes well, I'm going solo to both parks!!! I'm so excited about the thought of riding sans children...get to eat what I want, ride what I want!!! I plan on going in at park opening. I'm excited beyond belief. I'll only stay until 3:30 to beat the traffic & pick up the kids. Wow!!!

OMG - I am so jealous.. :lmao: Have a Super Day, hope you and Djmeredith can meet up today..

Here now, yay! However, the crowds seem VERY heavy to me. This is our fist trip to DLR so I have nothing to compare it to, but DL was wall to wall people from about 10:00 on with long standby wait times for most rides. I think crowds may be heavier than normal right now based on my Ridemax itinerary (which I purchased at the last minute yesterday after experiencing a busy day Fri at DCA). Because their plan was already behind schedule at 9:30 with an 8:00 start time. Even the 10:30 Fantasmic show was PACKED, which was shocking. Everything I remember reading said the second show would have light crowds, and even a cast member said to me earlier in the day that the park would clear out after F!, but it didn't. We ended up using the light pole trick by happenstance. I was in WDW for July 4 last year and the crowds for that week were light compared to my experience today. Any thoughts on the crowd levels from our veteran DLR friends? Is it Comic Con? Surf U.S. Open? Or just normal late July crowds?

Hey Friend... Sorry for the crowd levels.. looks like you have a strategy to deal with the crowds.

Hope you will meet up with fellow Diser's.. Have a Super Fantasmic Day.:wave2:

I agree. The crowds are nuts...nothing like WDW--and I've seen bad ones there. We did WOC last night (wonderful) and the CM at our holding pen said a lot of people go to DLP after WOC, so it doesn't surprise me that the DLP crowds were so bad that late at night. We're doing the rope-drop-nap-in-the-afternoon-then-return-for-some-night-activities method.

DW and I are celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary today! We're dining at Goofy's Kitchen tonight and then heading to DLP! :goofy: :hug:

I agree. The crowds are nuts...nothing like WDW--and I've seen bad ones there. We did WOC last night (wonderful) and the CM at our holding pen said a lot of people go to DLP after WOC, so it doesn't surprise me that the DLP crowds were so bad that late at night. We're doing the rope-drop-nap-in-the-afternoon-then-return-for-some-night-activities method.

DW and I are celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary today! We're dining at Goofy's Kitchen tonight and then heading to DLP! :goofy: :hug:

We are so glad to hear you are have a great time. :cool1:

Happy Anniversary To You & Your Wife

Have a Great Dinner at :goofy:'s

I agree. The crowds are nuts...nothing like WDW--and I've seen bad ones there. We did WOC last night (wonderful) and the CM at our holding pen said a lot of people go to DLP after WOC, so it doesn't surprise me that the DLP crowds were so bad that late at night. We're doing the rope-drop-nap-in-the-afternoon-then-return-for-some-night-activities method. DW and I are celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary today! We're dining at Goofy's Kitchen tonight and then heading to DLP! :goofy: :hug:

Congrats on your anniversary! A CM yesterday said that these are normal summer crowds, and it just picked up this week. We are trying to do the early morn, nap, return strategy but my 4 nephews are not able to nap even though I let them swim first to wear them out and make them lay down for quite a while. Oh well, we've managed to have fun despite the crowds. I'm thinking about adding an extra 5th day tonight just for WOC and a few rides. We did the 20% Orbitz tix and I checked when we got here and they said it would only be $20 for one more day. Seems worth it for us and our plans.

djmeredith said:
Congrats on your anniversary! A CM yesterday said that these are normal summer crowds, and it just picked up this week. We are trying to do the early morn, nap, return strategy but my 4 nephews are not able to nap even though I let them swim first to wear them out and make them lay down for quite a while. Oh well, we've managed to have fun despite the crowds. I'm thinking about adding an extra 5th day tonight just for WOC and a few rides. We did the 20% Orbitz tix and I checked when we got here and they said it would only be $20 for one more day. Seems worth it for us and our plans.

I would be the same way, no nap for me.... let's play all day. Go ahead and get 2 more days.. Ha! Ha ! You deserve it..

Have fun!!!!!

I would be the same way, no nap for me.... let's play all day. Go ahead and get 2 more days.. Ha! Ha ! You deserve it.. Have fun!!!!!

Yes!! But unfortunately they are still too young to make it all day without melting down because they are tired. So it makes it challenging. But like I said, we are having fun so it's all good.

Sure is quite around here!!!! I guess this thread is winding down and will become part of the history books :(

This thread defibrillator courtesy of rickenmartin78--while waiting for a table at Steakhouse 55! More updates to come.

YES, Doctor Rickenmartin78 ====== We have a pulse, the thread's heart is beating again.. Thump, Thump....../\......./\....../\....../\

We need updates......:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter