*** The Official 2014 - DLR -July Thread ***(We All Have Been There & Back Home)

I'm still here too! Just finished packing up to head home after our last day in the parks. I will post when I get home and settled. Can't wait to tell everyone about all the pixie dust we received today!

I'm still here too! Just finished packing up to head home after our last day in the parks. I will post when I get home and settled. Can't wait to tell everyone about all the pixie dust we received today!

YAY :banana:

Looking forward to hearing about everything... Keeping the Disney Magic going is what we need.

Safe Travels. :drive:

We're enjoying our last day at the parks! We started the morning at Grizzly River Run, then hopped over to DLP. Our list of must-dos is almost complete!

We're getting excited for our trip to the Disney Studios tomorrow! I'll try my best to get my wife to take a pic of me on Pluto's corner with my LGMH for all the July DISers ;)

Whaaagh! Today's our last day too! We had a great trip. Lots of fun, good food, and many laughs. We have an amazing view from our room. When we get back, I'll be posting our trip report. We did have a first today - we hit 2 rope drops in one day. We never do rope drops - so to do two in one day is nothing short of amazing for us.

Thanks for all the great tips and info we got from everyone in this thread and on the board! The DIS Boards ROCK!

That is some Super Magical News. Sorry your Vacations are ending but we sure are happy you and your families are having a great time.

Posting from my phone so I can not quote you two.

Looking forward to hearing from you guy's went you get back home....

Happy Day To All

We made it home, but barely... we had about 5 minutes to spare literally when we boarded our flight out of Orange Co this morning. I completely underestimated how much time it would take for me to get 4 kids out the door with luggage. Oh well, home safe and sound.

I think I'm going to do my first ever Trip Report, but I wanted to go ahead and tell you guys about all the pixie dust we received on our last day. Let me start by saying, I'm a big believer in paying it forward, karma, spreading pixie dust, or whatever you prefer to call it.

So when 5 of my 7 family members decided they didn't want to use their RSR FPs early yesterday afternoon, I looked for someone at the standby entrance who could use them. I was able to give 3 of them to a dad and his 2 young kids who I saw look at the wait time (120 minutes) and turn around to leave, and then I turned and started looking for a party of 2. As I was asking "anyone have a party of 2" a CM approached me and asked me how many people were in my group. And I said, "Oh it's just the two of us so I'm giving my extras away" because I didn't know what she wanted. She then proceeded to hand me one of the elusive any attraction (except RSR) FPs!! :yay: She thanked me for being so nice and giving away my extras. I was so shocked and thankful! I certainly didn't do it expecting anything in return, but was so grateful. It helped me drive home a point to my nephews who had been typical siblings fighting all week: it's better to be "caught" doing something good! So that was our first pixie dust of the day which allowed us to FP Indiana Jones later in the day, and without it I'm not sure we would've been able to squeeze it in.

This brings me to our 2nd Pixie Dust of the day. We went on IJ and about 5 minutes after we exit, my oldest nephew (11) realizes he left his iPod in the pouch on the ride (don't even get me started about why he decided to put the silly thing in there to begin with). So he and I run back up the exit and speak with the CMs who were so nice and helpful. But alas, no. They searched the vehicles through one round with no luck finding it. They told us to check City Hall at the end of the day in case someone finds it, and to even call later and they would mail it to us if ever found. I could tell my nephew was really upset, but he held it together and didn't have a melt down (something he's working on). I really praised him for that. We went on to do Splash Mtn and Pirates and as we headed over to Space Mtn, we decided to check at IJ one more time. The CM at the entrance called up for us and they said they had one that matched the description!! So we went up there and sure enough, someone had turned it in!! :woohoo: Thank you, thank you, thank you to the honest soul who found it and turned it in!! :grouphug:

Our 3rd pixie dust occurred at Splash Mtn. The CM said she'd let us stay on and go twice so that both nephews who wanted to ride in the front got a turn. :cheer2: This allowed to me to explain "pixie dust" to my nephews, who thought it was the greatest thing ever.

Not really pixie dust, but on our way to Space Mtn I was FINALLY able to get a Dole Whip since the line was shorter than a mile for the first time our whole trip. I thought I was going to have to leave DLR without my Dole Whip!!

Our 4th pixie dust occurred in Tomorrowland when my nephew and I went to the churro cart and ordered 2 churros. The CM said, I'm going to give you 2 but only charge you for 1!:cheer2: When we told the rest of my nephews, they all exclaimed "more pixie dust!"

That last day was the best of the whole trip! It had been a rough week for me trying to lead all 4 kids and my 2 elderly parents around the parks so that pixie dust turned the whole trip around for me!!

djmeredith said:
We made it home, but barely... we had about 5 minutes to spare literally when we boarded our flight out of Orange Co this morning. I completely underestimated how much time it would take for me to get 4 kids out the door with luggage. Oh well, home safe and sound.

I think I'm going to do my first ever Trip Report, but I wanted to go ahead and tell you guys about all the pixie dust we received on our last day. Let me start by saying, I'm a big believer in paying it forward, karma, spreading pixie dust, or whatever you prefer to call it.

So when 5 of my 7 family members decided they didn't want to use their RSR FPs early yesterday afternoon, I looked for someone at the standby entrance who could use them. I was able to give 3 of them to a dad and his 2 young kids who I saw look at the wait time (120 minutes) and turn around to leave, and then I turned and started looking for a party of 2. As I was asking "anyone have a party of 2" a CM approached me and asked me how many people were in my group. And I said, "Oh it's just the two of us so I'm giving my extras away" because I didn't know what she wanted. She then proceeded to hand me one of the elusive any attraction (except RSR) FPs!! :yay: She thanked me for being so nice and giving away my extras. I was so shocked and thankful! I certainly didn't do it expecting anything in return, but was so grateful. It helped me drive home a point to my nephews who had been typical siblings fighting all week: it's better to be "caught" doing something good! So that was our first pixie dust of the day which allowed us to FP Indiana Jones later in the day, and without it I'm not sure we would've been able to squeeze it in.

This brings me to our 2nd Pixie Dust of the day. We went on IJ and about 5 minutes after we exit, my oldest nephew (11) realizes he left his iPod in the pouch on the ride (don't even get me started about why he decided to put the silly thing in there to begin with). So he and I run back up the exit and speak with the CMs who were so nice and helpful. But alas, no. They searched the vehicles through one round with no luck finding it. They told us to check City Hall at the end of the day in case someone finds it, and to even call later and they would mail it to us if ever found. I could tell my nephew was really upset, but he held it together and didn't have a melt down (something he's working on). I really praised him for that. We went on to do Splash Mtn and Pirates and as we headed over to Space Mtn, we decided to check at IJ one more time. The CM at the entrance called up for us and they said they had one that matched the description!! So we went up there and sure enough, someone had turned it in!! :woohoo: Thank you, thank you, thank you to the honest soul who found it and turned it in!! :grouphug:

Our 3rd pixie dust occurred at Splash Mtn. The CM said she'd let us stay on and go twice so that both nephews who wanted to ride in the front got a turn. :cheer2: This allowed to me to explain "pixie dust" to my nephews, who thought it was the greatest thing ever.

Not really pixie dust, but on our way to Space Mtn I was FINALLY able to get a Dole Whip since the line was shorter than a mile for the first time our whole trip. I thought I was going to have to leave DLR without my Dole Whip!!

Our 4th pixie dust occurred in Tomorrowland when my nephew and I went to the churro cart and ordered 2 churros. The CM said, I'm going to give you 2 but only charge you for 1!:cheer2: When we told the rest of my nephews, they all exclaimed "more pixie dust!"

That last day was the best of the whole trip! It had been a rough week for me trying to lead all 4 kids and my 2 elderly parents around the parks so that pixie dust turned the whole trip around for me!!

That's a neat Pixie dust story.... Wow!!! Love hearing about the good happenings.

I am a firm believer in giving pixie dust to others just like you and veryone else on this Dis-Board...

Thanks for sharing and can't wait for your trip report.

Bob

djmeredith said:

That's a neat Pixie dust story.... Wow!!! Love hearing about the good happenings.

I am a firm believer in giving pixie dust to others just like you and everyone else on this Dis-Board...

Thanks for sharing and can't wait for your trip report.

Bob

Last trip post from the Sheraton Gateway LAX. Today was wonderful. Our tour of the Studio was amazing! I forgot my LGMH but still got a shot from Pluto's Corner for everyone. I'm on the right with my wonderful DW and DD!

2PM_4313 by rickenmartin78, on Flickr

I will try to post, at a minimum, more photos on my flickr page, if not a full-on trip report. Thanks to everyone who helped to make this trip so wonderful! :grouphug:

rickenmartin78 said:
Last trip post from the Sheraton Gateway LAX. Today was wonderful. Our tour of the Studio was amazing! I forgot my LGMH but still got a shot from Pluto's Corner for everyone. I'm on the right with my wonderful DW and DD!

https://flic.kr/p/oz7xUC2PM_4313 by rickenmartin78, on Flickr

I will try to post, at a minimum, more photos on my flickr page, if not a full-on trip report. Thanks to everyone who helped to make this trip so wonderful! :grouphug:

Love the picture... glad your tour was what you expected. Safe travels for you & your family.

Love all of the reports :) Though it isn't helping my Disneyland "homesickness".

We have decided that we will be going back in the summer 2017. Is it too early to plan?

We are going through the Disney Blues also... It's never to early to plan a Disney Trip.

Not too early at all! I started planning an October trip to WDW for MNSSHP while in Diisneyland. :-) So now I'm 62 days away from my next Disney "fix."

OMG - 62 day???????????? Put us in your suitcases. :lmao:

Djmeredith - Nice pictures of the family...

Sorry to ask but I don't know the character in the second pic. Where was it taken?

Can't wait for your photo pass pic's. :goodvibes

Bob

Djmeredith - Nice pictures of the family... Sorry to ask but I don't know the character in the second pic. Where was it taken? Can't wait for your photo pass pic's. :goodvibes Bob

Bob, that is Thor from his meet and greet in Innoventions. He's part of the Marvel super hero universe. And the reason you don't know him is because you only have Princess Midori in your household; if you had boys, you would know him. ;-) Thor and Captain America (both from the Avengers movies) both meet in Innoventions. With 30+ minute wait times, they are the boys' equivalent to Anna and Elsa, lol.

Bob, that is Thor from his meet and greet in Innoventions. He's part of the Marvel super hero universe. And the reason you don't know him is because you only have Princess Midori in your household; if you had boys, you would know him. ;-) Thor and Captain America (both from the Avengers movies) both meet in Innoventions. With 30+ minute wait times, they are the boys' equivalent to Anna and Elsa, lol.

OOP's - :rotfl2:love your answer. Got it :goodvibes

You'd think since I am a male figure I would know a little something about Super Hero's Right? :lmao: I am embarrassed to say I don't..

OOP's - :rotfl2:love your answer. Got it :goodvibes

You'd think since I am a male figure I would know a little something about Super Hero's Right? :lmao: I am embarrassed to say I don't..

Don't feel bad, I wouldn't know anything about them either if I weren't surrounded by nothing but boys. Now that the boys are older, I end up missing most of the princess stuff because they are way to cool for it. :rotfl2:

Here's a link to a sort of mini-trip report I did. http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3317020 I really want to do a full blown trip report but I'm not sure I will find the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter