The "Official" 2018 Disney Parks Moms Panel Search Thread

This will be my 2nd time applying. I applied in 2013 and made it to R2. The gap years were due to not being eligible since my brother was a CM. TWDC affiliated companies can also get you eliminated.

Good luck to everyone!

First year here too! Looking forward to the application - even if I don't make the cut. Possibilities make life sweet!

Is there any good, definitive list of proper nomenclature out there? I've done some googling and have only turned up a smattering of not-so-reliable resources. Is there a media kit or style guide anyone has on hand?

Is there any good, definitive list of proper nomenclature out there? I've done some googling and have only turned up a smattering of not-so-reliable resources. Is there a media kit or style guide anyone has on hand?

I always go right to the source to double-check everything - the official Disney website. The Disney Parks Blogs is also another really good source to make sure your nomenclature is correct.

I'm back again as well. I've applied almost every year since 2011; I missed 2015 because my grandmother passed away the week Round 1 applications were due, along with some health complications of my own, and I knew my heart wasn't in it. I've made it to Round 2 in 2013 and 2014, hoping this year I'll make it back there (and y'know...beyond, lol). Best of luck to everybody!

Good luck everyone! It really is a *MAGICAL* process. The best part is the friendships and connections you will make in groups just like this! Take advantage of every opportunity to get to know one another and chEAR each other on.

Hi hopefuls! :) I'm applying for the second year, last year being my first. I am a stay at home mom with five Mouseketeers, an Air Force veteran, and of course a Disney nut! I live in North Dakota, but am originally from Missouri. I'm looking forward to this process, it was so fun to geek out on Disney...TO Disney! Thanks for starting this thread and best of luck to everyone! :)

Hi hopefuls! :) I'm applying for the second year, last year being my first. I am a stay at home mom with five Mouseketeers, an Air Force veteran, and of course a Disney nut! I live in North Dakota, but am originally from Missouri. I'm looking forward to this process, it was so fun to geek out on Disney...TO Disney! Thanks for starting this thread and best of luck to everyone! :)
Hello from a fellow stay at home mom in North Dakota :)
Good luck to everyone! This will be my second try and I am excited to give it my best shot!

I figure it might be helpful to post the official announcement wording and requirements for this year, just in case anyone randomly happens upon this thread or for reference purposes for future years.

Disney Parks Moms Panel Search 2018 is Coming Soon!
Since its launch in 2008, the Disney Parks Moms Panel has become an incredible resource for Disney Parks Guests around the world and is now available in four languages — English, Spanish, French and Portuguese. Disney Parks Moms Panelists not only help plan magical vacations for Guests heading to Walt Disney World® Resort, but also answer Guest questions about Disneyland® Resort, Disney Cruise Line® and Disney Vacation Club®.

Now it’s almost time to kick off the 2018 Disney Parks Moms Panel search! We'll be searching for new moms, dads, grandparents, and in the know family members to join the Disney Parks Moms Panel in 2018.

Do you love Disney? Do you consider yourself a vacation planning pro? Do your family and friends come to you to help plan a magical Disney vacation? If so, you could be a great applicant for the Disney Parks Moms Panel.

The Disney Parks Moms Panel consists of real parents who have mastered the art of planning a Disney vacation and help other Guests, online, by answering vacation planning questions using their own personal Disney experiences, helpful tips and heartfelt advice.

Disney Parks Moms Panelists must also be comfortable communicating in written form to help Guests around the globe at DisneyParksMomsPanel.com. They must also be sticklers when it comes to grammar, spelling and punctuation.

Applications open at noon EDT on Wednesday, September 6, 2017 and round one closes at noon EDT on Wednesday, September 13, 2017.

Would you like to apply for a spot on the 2018 Disney Parks Moms Panel? Be sure you're ready when applications open:

Follow along #DisneyMP

Participation Guidelines

There are plenty of planning tools to help navigate through a Disney Parks vacation, but it's still no easy task to plan a family vacation. With many theme parks, dozens of resort hotels, water parks, luxury cruise ships, shopping, dining, recreation, special events, entertainment and more, planning a Disney Parks vacation can leave some Guests feeling a bit overwhelmed before they arrive. That's where the Disney Parks Moms Panel comes in.

The Disney Parks Moms Panel is an online forum of real parents who have mastered the art of planning a Disney Parks vacation. By visiting DisneyParksMomsPanel.com, Guests can ask their specific vacation planning questions and get a personalized response from a Mom, Dad, or Grandparent who's "been there." The Disney Parks Moms Panelists offer their tips for getting the most out of a Disney vacation and share real stories from their experiences on a Disney Vacation. Plus, with an archive of questions that could fill Spaceship Earth, Guests visiting DisneyParksMomsPanel.com can also search volumes of information provided in previously asked questions.

By sharing their own opinions and experiences, Disney Parks Moms Panelists help plan magical visits for Guests vacationing at Walt Disney World® Resort, Disneyland® Resort, Disney Cruise Line® and Disney Vacation Club®, taking away the overwhelmed feeling they might be having and helping them create family memories to last a lifetime.

Want to be a part of the magic?

If so, we'd like you to consider applying for the 2018 Disney Parks Moms Panel to help Guests around the world who visit DisneyParksMomsPanel.com.

All Panelists must:
  • Be 18 years of age or older.
  • Have access to a computer and an Internet connection.
  • Have visited either Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort at least once in the last 12 months. If applying to be a Disney Cruise Line® or Disney Vacation Club® Panelist, you must have experienced that vacation within the last 24 months.
  • Be able to complete at least approximately 10-20 written responses per week.
  • Provide their own opinions, tips and feedback on Disney vacations.
  • Submit an autobiography and personal photo and/or video to be posted online.
  • Be available to travel to Walt Disney World® Resort during dates between November 29- December 3, 2017 for Training sessions. Panelists cannot bring family members or friends on the Training visit (detailed dates will be confirmed with Panelists following the search & selection).
  • Not be current employees/Cast Members of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including Disney Internship programs, or of any operating participant located at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts, must not be immediate family members of a current employee/Cast Member of The Walt Disney Company, including Disney Internships participants, or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates or of any operating participant located at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts, and must not currently reside with a current employee/Cast Member of The Walt Disney Company, including Disney Internship participants, or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates or of any operating participant located at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts. In addition, participants must not be employees, contractors, advisors or consultants for, must not hold more than a de minimis ownership interest in, and must not serve on the Board of Directors of, any entity of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates or of any entity which owns or operates any hotel, resort or theme park located in Orange, Osceola, Lake, Polk or Seminole Counties, Florida or Orange County, California.
  • Not be currently employed in the travel, hotel or theme park industries (including being a travel agent or consultant); and not be an immediate family member of, or currently reside with, people currently employed in the travel, hotel or theme park industries (including being an immediate family member of, or currently residing with a travel agent or consultant).

Panelists have received/will receive a trip to a Disney Destination, for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.

Just wanted to stop in and wish everyone applying this year lots and lots of pixie dust! This board was my first interaction with other Moms Panel hopefuls, and I loved chatting with everyone and sharing this whole experience. I learned a lot and made some great friends here. And I was so excited to come here and share the news when I finally got that magical email!

I know most everyone has moved into Facebook groups now, so it's great to see a new thread here on the DIS, where the community sort of began.

Best of luck to all, and have a blast on the journey to DPMP2018!
:tinker:

Thank you arbolita for posting the 2018 information and requirements for everyone's reference! I also wanted to thank all of you that are participating in the thread this year as well as current and past Disney Parks Mom's Panelists who are cheering this year's participants on. Hope you all have a safe Labor Day weekend and come back refreshed and ready for the application process to kick off next week!

Just wanted to stop in and wish everyone applying this year lots and lots of pixie dust! This board was my first interaction with other Moms Panel hopefuls, and I loved chatting with everyone and sharing this whole experience. I learned a lot and made some great friends here. And I was so excited to come here and share the news when I finally got that magical email!

I know most everyone has moved into Facebook groups now, so it's great to see a new thread here on the DIS, where the community sort of began.

I'm with you. I think the FB group is great for a number of reasons and I'm not surprised the large majority of the discussion has moved there, but I've missed the activity of this thread during the past few application processes.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!! This will be my second time applying!! I applied for the 2016 panel, but didn't make it past R1 (and it probably didn't help that I had NO clue what I was doing!!) With three qualifying trips in the last 12 months, I'm totally hoping this year is "the year of Pixie Dust" for me!!! Excited to be a part of this journey with everyone!!!!

I'm with you. I think the FB group is great for a number of reasons and I'm not surprised the large majority of the discussion has moved there, but I've missed the activity of this thread during the past few application processes.
Hi! I'm excited to be applying again; hoping to make it past R1 this year. I'd love to hook up with a facebook group as well; is there one you recommend? TIA!

Hi! I'm excited to be applying again; hoping to make it past R1 this year. I'd love to hook up with a facebook group as well; is there one you recommend? TIA!

If you search "Amazing Adventures of the Disney Parks Moms Panel Search!" it should come up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter