The "Official" 2018 Disney Parks Moms Panel Search Thread

Hey everybody!!! Just wanted to wish everyone luck and join the thread. :) This will be my first year applying. I am trying not to stress, but its so hard because I would LOVE this opportunity.... it feels like all my hours of "Disneying" (as my DH calls it) on the internet would finally pay off, haha! I know the odds aren't great, but anyway, I am having fun practicing questions and talking with my family over what our favorite souvenir/restaurant/memory, etc is!

• Not be currently employed in the travel, hotel or theme park industries (including being a travel agent or consultant); and not be an immediate family member of, or currently reside with, people currently employed in the travel, hotel or theme park industries (including being an immediate family member of, or currently residing with a travel agent or consultant).

Travel industry - I guess this includes airlines, right? :guilty:

Is a daughter considered an immediate family member? Can I disown her? :teeth:

This is my first time applying, but only because I didn't take a qualifying trip for last years application. I am so excited to see what happens. Good luck to everyone!

Travel industry - I guess this includes airlines, right? :guilty:

I believe so, but I also don't want to say that definitively and have you count yourself out without knowing for certain. Hopefully one of the current/former panelists will stop by and be able to check on that for you.

Tomorrow is the big day people - repeat big day and not a drill! :scared1::dancer: Wishing everyone here error free, perfectly punctuated, and well received submissions!

Some advice that helps me through the process:

Whether you make it to the final round before you are cut, or don't make it past the first, that doesn't mean you aren't good enough. There are tens of thousands of applicants every year — and the number seems to grow each year — and only a few dozen spots to fill. There will be a prodigious attrition rate. Chances are, the deciding factor has nothing to do with your grammar, formatting, nomenclature, or spelling. While these are all very important and you want to do your best to have those basics down, there have been applicants cut that have had perfect everything. As Syndrome said (paraphrased), "When everyone's super, then no one is."

The committee has a set number of applicants they will choose to move onto the next round, and each subsequent round until they get their panel. These quotas have already been decided and none of us will ever know the exact stats. They will choose the applicants each round that they believe will make the panel. They love to make their jobs nearly impossible for the final round, when they have to make the final cuts, because that means they really have the best of the best in front of them. But that doesn't mean that if you're cut you aren't among the best. Not everyone can make it, there simply aren't enough spots. Keep trying. Rumor has it the committee likes persistence as a bit of a tie-breaker. There've been several panelists that applied for 4, 7, even 10 years before they were finally selected. So don't give up as long as you are eligible and interested. Like me, you might not make it year after year, but you definitely won't be selected if you don't even apply.

So keep your heads up, try not to stress about the process. Answer the questions to the best of your ability, and let fate take over. As Walt said, "Why worry? When you've done the very best you can, worrying wont make it any better." And if you make a mistake, try not to dwell on it. Sure, that typo might have been the reason you didn't make it to the next round, but it's not like you can go back and fix it, all you can do is learn from it and try to avoid making the same mistake next year.

Good luck to everyone! Hakuna Matata!

Application is up! Time to put on D-cot (or your favorite source of Disney Parks music) and get working! Good luck!

Did anyone hit "submit" then check on your application status and it says it wasn't received? Wondering if I should wait a day or do it all again!

Did anyone hit "submit" then check on your application status and it says it wasn't received? Wondering if I should wait a day or do it all again!

I received a message on the next screen saying that it was received and then a confirmation email.

Ok...i just sent mine in!!!I felt like I was back in college...but better. I actually wanted to take this test:)
And now...we wait:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter