***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Is it easier to get to AK park compared to Epcot using the bus from AKV Jambo? Or all all the park buses direct and pretty similar in the time it takes from the resort to the park? Trying to decide which park to do twice on our next visit, AK or Epcot, and I thought transportation might help make the decision! Our group is two families and a grandma, tall kids who like all types of rides (coasters etc) ranging from 4-10 years, and a baby. Have never done Epcot. I have been to AK pre-Pandora.

Tough choice! This is one of those reasons I hate that we need to make reservations so far out. I miss the days of winging it.

I love both Epcot and AK, for similar, but opposite reasons. Kids will mostly agree that AK is more fun as it has rides, animals, shows, music -- all on a level they can appreciate. EPCOT, on the other hand, has all the above on a level adults appreciate.

To end the day, EPCOT wins. You just can't beat Illuminations.
... but Everest and tigers...

I'm torn. Don't know what to tell ya :D

I finally got my Jambo Dec 2018 trip put together. There was one day missing in the middle of my trip that I had to haunt the site for... Now I just have to get the three reservation numbers linked into one. Anyone know if the system has been fixed for dining and FP+ so that all three linked dvc reservations would work off of the first day or is it still glitchy?

Although I love Kidani, I've decided that at the holidays I think I prefer the ambience of Jambo more. It's not that Kidani doesn't have a beautiful lobby, but with the convenience of heading straight from the room to the parking garage and out I missed seeing the beautiful tree and the feeling that would melt into my bones every time I walked through the lobby. At Jambo, we have to walk through the lobby (or store, LOL) at least a little to get that warm -n-melty Christmas feeling going. It's a theory.

It's the same room on all 3 reservations? If so then just ask MS to combine the 3 into 1.

It's the same room on all 3 reservations? If so then just ask MS to combine the 3 into 1.
Yes, same type room on all three. I'm afraid that I might hit a MS rep who doesn't know how to move them all to the same number without loosing days off the reservations. Things get gobbled up so fast online.

Yes, same type room on all three. I'm afraid that I might hit a MS rep who doesn't know how to move them all to the same number without loosing days off the reservations. Things get gobbled up so fast online.

It shouldn't be a problem. I have it done fairly often without issue.

Hi Everyone, I have had a wonderful time reading all the posts!
I have a question, we had to cancel a trip at New years, so our points are now in holding, so we can't book until 60 days out. We are hoping to stay at either Kidani or Jumbo, 1 bdrm, May 17-21, there is availability right now at both, does anyone know how busy it is in May (we have never stayed in May before), before we get our AK hopes up?
Thanks!

Checking in in two weeks for our first stay renting DVC points. Any tips on what I should know as a first timer? ....

If your don't have dinning plan, we always bring snacks, small cereal or breakfast items, etc...I agree with other who replied, don't bring extra towels, if in a studio, I also bring clothes pins in case the curtians don't close tight (we love dark rooms at night) and also to hang up wet bathing suits on the bathtub clothesline.
Have a great time!

Just booked our very first stay at Kindani in a savanna studio. We’re owners at OKW (doing a split stay with Kidani and OKW). Very excited for our first DVC stay :-)
Oh, I hope you love it!
Be sure to ask for "Sunset Savanna" if you want to see zebra and giraffe off the balcony. The other savanna, Pembe, has smaller animals. I have to admit that those red river hogs are adorable when they run and play.

Oh, I hope you love it!
Be sure to ask for "Sunset Savanna" if you want to see zebra and giraffe off the balcony. The other savanna, Pembe, has smaller animals. I have to admit that those red river hogs are adorable when they run and play.
That was going to be a question actually, so you’ve already answered it for me! My daughter adores giraffes, so I’ll be sure to ask for Sunset :-)

I have a quick question: Is Kidani village really as far from food, etc. as people say it is? We are debating staying in Kidani Village Savanna view or OKW standard. We have stayed at OKW a few times and love it, and were hoping for Poly in August, but when I went to make the reservation, 2 days at the end of our week were unavailable. We would be there for my daughter's birthday and she loves animals so we were going to surprise her and stay and AK, but only Kidani is available. Any suggestions for savanna view room requests near the pool?

It's like 4-5 minutes if I remember correctly, it's not that bad. There is also a transport van that travels between the two of them throughout the day. The walk from the buses/lobby to your room can be longer than the walk to Jambo sometimes.

We think it’s a nice walk, we walk a lot anyway. Plus, compared to the walking you’ll be doing in the parks, it’s nothing

It's like 4-5 minutes if I remember correctly, it's not that bad. There is also a transport van that travels between the two of them throughout the day. The walk from the buses/lobby to your room can be longer than the walk to Jambo sometimes.
I totally get what you're saying! Thanks for responding. It's the kids that will have the issue, but when we're in Disney, walking doesn't seem to cause an issue:confused3

We think it’s a nice walk, we walk a lot anyway. Plus, compared to the walking you’ll be doing in the parks, it’s nothing
Thanks for responding! Yes, for whatever reason, walking all day in Disney doesn't bother my kids as much as a 2 minute walk anywhere at home!

I have looked, but haven't seemed to find a map of AK DVC area that shows Jambo. I'm a very visual person and wanted to see where Jambo and Kidani compared to the Lodge. Thanks for the help

Last edited:
Google maps shows it pretty well.

Jambo and Kidani Google map 081210.png

Ignore the red circle at the top at Kidani Village. We had a room there once. Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo House is at the bottom right of the photo.

Last edited:
I have looked, but haven't seemed to find a map of AK DVC area that shows Jambo. I'm a very visual person and wanted to see where Jambo and Kidani compared to the Lodge. Thanks for the help

It sounds like you're not aware that "The lodge" is Jambo house. It is both normal hotel and DVC (on 5th floor, and a handful of 6th floor concierge rooms). Kidani is the backwards "3", or as I think of it, the mickey ears to Jambo in the picture Denise posted above.

I have a quick question: Is Kidani village really as far from food, etc. as people say it is? We are debating staying in Kidani Village Savanna view or OKW standard. We have stayed at OKW a few times and love it, and were hoping for Poly in August, but when I went to make the reservation, 2 days at the end of our week were unavailable. We would be there for my daughter's birthday and she loves animals so we were going to surprise her and stay and AK, but only Kidani is available. Any suggestions for savanna view room requests near the pool?

The Kidani building is over 2/3 mile long, with the north wing (pool wing) being a little longer than the south wing. The walk from bus stop (which is on the south wing) to end room on the north wing is close to .4 miles, and from the lobby (and restaurant) it is just over 1/3 mile. Mentally picture it this way: imagine yourself at the base of the World Showcase; now walk to Germany; that is about the distance from bus stop to end room on the Kidani north wing. Kidani has one table service restaurant, Sanaa, which is very good. However, you need to go to Jambo to find a buffet restaurant, Boma, or quick service restaurant, Mara, both of which are also very good (Mara has lots of seating, (including outside). Walking distance to Jambo from Kidani depends on where your room is. Shortest walk is from the Zazu elevator, the last one on the south wing, which gives you about 1/4 mile to the Jambo front entrance. Distance from Kidani front entrance to Jambo front entrance is about 1/2 mile, and distance from an end room on the north wing of Kidani to the Jambo front entrance is about .8 mile. There is a shuttle (minibus) that runs continuously throughout the day and evening between the Kidani and Jambo front entrances, and usually has less than a 15 minute wait.

If you want the shortest walk to Jambo, request near the Zazu elevator but be prepared for long walks to the Kidani lobby and very long to the pool. If you want to be near the bus stop and within striking distance of the lobby and not an overwhelming distance from the pool, request a room near the Timon elevator which is on the south wing fairly near the door on the second floor that leads directly to the bus stop. If you want near the pool and within striking distance of the lobby and not hugely far from the bus stop, request a room near the Rafiki elevator which is on the north wing (down that elevator to ground floor gives you shortes poasible walk from the building to a gate to the pool area).

We have booked Kidani studio and there were going to be Grandma, Grandpa, Grandson (6) Grandson (1). The kids mom just started a new job and was unable to get the time off. That just changed can we have 3 adults and 2 children in the room if one of the kids is under 2?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter