The Official Cake Thread - Photo Gallery & Cake Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is my goofy cake for my Dad's 60th birthday at the California Grill. 10 in. with white cake and white buttercream frosting. It had strawberry cream in between the layers and was amazing.

3590629980_231e9b41a8_b.jpg

Sorry you're having so much trouble... :sad2: We had podium cake at Tony's back in September - dunno if that's recent enough - and it tasted like a standard grocery store cake: thick, sugary buttercream and light spongey cake. I happen to like grocery store cake, so I was OK with it, but I know lots of people prefer whipped cream frosting. It had orange and black sprinkles for Halloween. I think now they're more confetti-like.

93b7ba31.jpg

Hope this helps!

This is called the "Anniversary Cake" and was ordered from the cake hotline.
It was made at the Grand Floridian Bakery for Dinner at Narcoossees.

This cake was customized as a surprise for my Husband on our anniversary last year.
(he never got to try our Wedding cake, so I had them re-create the flavor)

It is 4 layers (enough for 4 people)
The flavor was Chocolate cake with Strawberry Mousse filling (exactly what he didn't get to try from the wedding)

All total including presentation, $70.
AND I got to keep the plate! I was VERY pleased! :thumbsup2

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

Here's our cake from 1900PF. We went end of May. I spoke with Pat about 10 days before, and told her I wanted the Mad Hatter cake. We asked for Figment colors, and left the rest to the cake decorators. We ordered white cake, milk chocolate mousse filling, and white buttercream. Personally, I absolutely love buttercream, and the icing on this cake is some of the best I've ever had. The cake was a little dry, but we didn't cut into it until 2 days later, so that wasn't unexpected. We didn't want to cut it at the restaurant. We were staying at OKW, and wanted to take it with us back to the room. The restaurant manager and waiter both took great care to box it up so we could transport it safely. We couldn't have been more pleased with the way it turned out. The total cost of $160 was added to our dinner bill.
P.S. The white chocolate Figment cutout was pretty good also.

100-IMGA0634.jpg

100-IMGA0642.jpg

100-IMGA0712.jpg

100-IMGA0720.jpg

I ordered a Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Icing at Chef Mickey's to celebrate DS & DD birthdays. The cake was really cute and the kids LOVED it!! The taste was ok - just your regular supermarket bakery tasting cake. The icing was more like whipped topping to me than buttercream. It was a $32 + tip. Here are some pics...

DisneySummer2009205.jpg

DisneySummer2009206.jpg

DisneySummer2009207.jpg

DisneySummer2009212.jpg

DisneySummer2009213.jpg

I also took some pictures of the cakes at Boardwalk Bakery...

DisneySummer2009519.jpg

DisneySummer2009520.jpg

DisneySummer2009521.jpg

DisneySummer2009522.jpg

Let me know if anyone has questions...

We just returned from the Beach Club and had this cake delivered to our room for our sons 7th birthday. He is a HUGE Star Wars fan and this cake was perfect for him!!!!!! The total cost was $85. It was soooooo yummy!!!!:thumbsup2

DISNEYWORLDMAYJUNE20094664.jpg

DISNEYWORLDMAYJUNE20094709.jpg

DISNEYWORLDMAYJUNE20094682.jpg

DISNEYWORLDMAYJUNE20094703.jpg

DISNEYWORLDMAYJUNE20095176.jpg

DISNEYWORLDMAYJUNE20095177.jpg

DISNEYWORLDMAYJUNE20095178.jpg

DISNEYWORLDMAYJUNE20094678.jpg

We're arriving at the Poly for our vacation on Sept. 9th. We're having dinner at CM that night and I want to order a cake for my son's 4th B-day to be delivered to CM. I've heard wonderful things about the Boardwalk Bakery. I called them today and asked if they could deliver a cake to CM and they said no, but that I could call the CR and ask for "room service" and place my order through them for a cake to be delivered to CM. Should I order a cake at Boardwalk Bakery and just pick it up or just order one through CR? I need some opinions on the cakes from both of these places.:)

BoardWalk Bakery will be better able to make you a fancy or unusual cake. The CR bakery is probably just going to give you the standard choices of choc/choc or vanilla/vanilla. If you have your heart set on a really fancy cake from the Grand Floridian, you may be able to get them to deliver to your room at the Contemporary, but there will be a hefty delivery fee ($75+).

The cakes in the Pop food court...are they slices, or a small/medium cake? If a small/medium cake, what size about? Just curious. We'll be there next month for my dad's birthday. Thanks!:cutie:

Curious about the cakes at Pop as well. We are going to be there for my Daughters sweet 16 in November.:flower3:

They are 6-inch cakes that look a lot like the Sara Lee podium cakes. Here's a picture of the Pop food court cakes that I took in May:

IMG_1539-1.jpg

I remember nowl. Got my "un-birthday" info mixed up. That would be cute with the Mad Hatter and Alice. I made ressies for dinner at 1900 Park Fare, but I may call back and try to get a breakfast too. Anyone have a pic of the Mad Hatter cake and info where I can order it? Thanks.

Traditionally the Mad Hatter cake is three tiers, but I'm thinking you want to go with the 1-tier version someone posted earlier in this thread? You can have them make it in any color combo and with a variety of decorations - this is just one example:

MadHatter1Tier.jpg

You would need to call GF Private Dining to arrange to have this delivered at 1900 Park Fare: 407-824-2474

Here's my cake story!

Type of Cake: Mickey Head Cake: White Cake + Chocolate Ganache
Price: $48

I ordered this cake as a welcome suprise for the kids, hence the words around it say 'Welcome to Disney'. However, as I was celebrating my birthday during the trip, they added a candle and sang Happy Birthday for me. The cake was delicious, super moist and super tasty. There were 7 of us and it lasted throughout 7 days in the room fridge. I had some the night before we left and it still tasted great. I'm glad I ordered the kind with Vanilla cake, I think if it had been all chocolate it would be too much. BTW, CP held the cake for us until park closing at 10pm that night.

DSCF0615.jpg

DSCF0616.jpg

DSCF0617.jpg

Well, she said yes, again.

We went down for our 25th anniversary. I had an anniversary ring that I brought down with us. I talked to the Disney florist and ordered a glass slipper on top of the flowers. The Once upon a time package. I asked for anything lavender and silver since lavender was her wedding color and silver for the 25th. I had it delivered to the Crystal Palace. I had my sons keep her, with camera and video camera ready, but the hub in front of Cindy's place. Picked up the slipper, put the ring in it, and went to find them. Found them, snuck up behind, moved in front of her, dropped to one knee and asked. After the tears slowed down, she said yes.

So, we had our vow renewal done the next afternoon in our room at the BCV. It was very nice. Then we went to our dinner reservation at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Very nice touch to have them give us each personalized menus and a card signed by many of the characters! Didn't expect or ask for that. After an excellent dinner, they brought out our cake that I had ordered. Since this was the first time for me ordering a custom cake, I think it turned out well. I would specifically ask for no fondant next time, but it was very nice.

Cake was $75.
6/16/09
Yachtsman Steakhouse from the Beach Club Bakery I believe.
10" Fondant over white buttercream
Cake was a white cake
Filling was white chocolate with strawberries
White chocolate Mickey with a silver bowtie

Disney2009725.jpg

Hi everyone!

The mini wedding cake that we had in May was wonderful. We ordered it from the Boardwalk Bakery. That was the best buttercream I've ever had! Sandy was wonderful. She was so nice. She matched little mickey heads to the color of my wedding dress. This cake was for our anniversary.

Unfortunately, it was so hot that day and I must have tilted the box. The cake slid right off the stand and into the corner of the box. I have no good pics of it but it still tasted just as good! :rotfl:

I knew we should have drove because we were staying at AKL. We had to take the bus to the park and then to the Boardwalk. We ate at Spoodles and had left overs. I had to carry leftovers, desserts for 3, and the cake, while my DH carried DS. :confused3 I'm just glad I got the cake to AKL! LOL I'm still going to post the pick of my cute little cake all smashed up into the side of the box.

NOTE: This was my error not BW Bakery. It was hot outside and I tilted the box. I laughed at the site of it when we got back because I knew I hadn't held the box steady. You live, you learn!

HPIM3050.jpg

HPIM3051.jpg

HPIM3056.jpg

HPIM3052.jpg

HPIM3054.jpg

I am so sorry everyone that I did not post the cost of the mini wedding cake!

It was $25. I just gave her our CC # when I placed the order.

Yes, she was wonderful and the cake was just amazing. How do they make butter cream so light and fluffy. Does anyone know the secret. When I call before the next trip, is it ok to ask for her on the phone?

Wow! If it's $30 for an edible image, then that is so rediculous!! I just paid $5. for one at my local Stop and Shop and had another bakery put the image on a cake for my daughter's 13th birthday.

For my 40th birthday, I ordered an 8 inch cake at CRT and just said I want Melificant on it and they did it for me and it was $25. That was in 2005 but still that's a huge $$ increase!!!!

b-day_cake.JPG

This was my birthday cake last week. While it was a bit pricey, DH insisted. It's kinda become a tradition now to celebrate my birthday in WDW.

10" - smallest they'd make decorated like this
yellow cake with bavarian cream and fresh strawberries in center
whipped cream frosting

P6240229.jpg

Yay! I can finely share pics of my wedding cake from my little family wedding breakfast/reception (Me, Hubby and two sons had small ceremony at Disney)

Restaurant: Grand Floridian Cafe
Cake: 10" (way too big, but the smallest they'd make with what I wanted on it)
Flavor: Chocolate cake with fresh raspberry mousse
Icing: White fondant with buttercream underneath
Price: $160 (Can't complain about the cost too much since it was our wedding cake!)

DSC05860.jpg

DSC05859-2.jpg

DSC05887-1.jpg

Our 2 celebration cakes from our visit last week - both looked and tasted amazing:

DSCN0033.jpg

"Grumpy" cake for my ex at Yachtsman. 10" Marble cake with white chocolate filling and white buttercream icing and fruit & chocolate garnish. $75

DSCN0184.jpg

Mickey Head cake from Wilderness in-room dining, delivered to our Wishes cruise. We went with the vanilla cake - had chocolate & custard filling. $48

Two things. I read something about a chocolate slipper @ CRT? I can't seem to find it. Does anyone have a pic of it and price? I thought it said it was on top of a small cake? We will be dining @ CRT for lunch on our DD b-day and I'd like to order it for her.

Second that night we will be eating dinner @ DD Fav rest HDDR w/ the rest of our family. I thought this is were I'd order her cake. Can I get one here? I don't want a little cake. I was looking for a custom cake here. TIA.

The chocolate slipper at CRT is presented like this:
12600SlipperdessertatCRT.jpg

I think it is about $15 now. Not sure though. You can get it by itself (as shown above) but some have added it to a cake at the GF restaurants....

I believe you can get a cake at HDDR, I'd call the cake hotline and see if the prompts lead you to HDDR. I do know people have gotten cakes there though.

Ok. Here is the cake I ordered from 1900 Park Fare. It normally has white icing but I ordered pink icing at no additional cost. It was $30 and was REALLY good.

Cake.jpg

Here's a pic of DH's cake from Boma on 7/12. The cake is gorgeous - he loved it - but it hadn't been stored properly so we couldn't eat it. Two ladies came out and broke the news that the chocolate mousse filling would make us sick since it wasn't kept cool overnight. We weren't charged for the cake and they brought out a sampling of other desserts instead. They offered to bring another cake to out room that evening, but DH declined. Our flight left the next day, so he thought it would go to waste.

DSC01075.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's a picture of the dessert assortments we were brought instead.

DSC01076.jpg

Finally uploaded my pics so I can share my cake story! I ordered this cake from GF and it was delivered to our table after our dinner at 1900 Park Fare on June 20th. It's a 10" Marble cake with strawberries & custard filling and pink fondant! Very yummy! Price was $60.00 + tax.

3687365454_0eed068440.jpg

And I also ordered stawberries and the chocolate Mickey for Father's Day on June 21st from GF bakery as we stayed at the GF. Wonderful! I'm sorry I don't remember the price and I couldn't find my receipt from private dining.

3686608165_08b4572135.jpg

Mary

I am just confused because I read that Magic Kingdom only does the frozen Sara Lee cakes...is that what would be offered at CRT as well? I did see the Glass Slipper, that is nice as well.

Maybe on our "off day" I should just pick one up from the Boardwalk Inn and bring it back to the room for us! We are staying at POR so we do have a fridge in the room...hmmmm, decisions decisions!

I 2nd the Boardwalk Bakery! I think they do a great job and have reasonable prices, the whole cake special order has really changed over the years, and they just dont seem reasonable to me anymore - but that's just my opinion

reposting the boardwalk bakery cakes from when we walked in for our breakfast:

WeddingPictures-somedisney009.jpg

WeddingPictures-somedisney007.jpg

WeddingPictures-somedisney006.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter