The Official DIS Oscars LIVE PARTY Thread!!! TONITE: Red Carpet & QUEEN to open the Oscars!

Loved that the awards were spread out between the films this year! Green Book was not my favorite, but I did really like it!!

Green Book and The Favourite were my picks this year. I'm very happy and shocked they walked away with Oscars. Too bad Viggo didn't take home Best Actor.

Why is it, with or without a host, no matter how much they rush the winners, the Oscars always end around 20 min late? :confused3

I just read that Rami fell off the stage following his Oscar win and was looked at by paramedics. Glad he’s okay.

Ugh. Green Book is the worst best picture since Crash. That movie will not age well.

Ecstatic that Olivia Coleman won. She is my spirit animal.

I just read that Rami fell off the stage following his Oscar win and was looked at by paramedics. Glad he’s okay.

:scared: Holy Crap! It's all those lines & swirls on the stage floor. I remember thinking last night that they create an optical illusion that could be dangerous.

Here's Rami after the fall:

Look at the floor onstage behind director Alfonso Cuarón, a swirling mess:

:sad2:

Apparently it wasn't right after receiving his Oscar, but somewhat later after the whole ceremony was over. The theater was mostly empty at the time.

:scared: Holy Crap! It's all those lines & swirls on the stage floor. I remember thinking last night that they create an optical illusion that could be dangerous.

Here's Rami after the fall:

Look at the floor onstage behind director Alfonso Cuarón, a swirling mess:

:sad2:
Oh yeah, I’d be taking a tumble for sure.

Apparently it wasn't right after receiving his Oscar, but somewhat later after the whole ceremony was over. The theater was mostly empty at the time.

Oh that’s good.....way less embarrassing I guess. I wonder if they go up later and pose for pictures?

It doesn't seem like it affected him too much. At the end of this video, he's at one of the parties spraying champagne all over the place. Of course, imbibing lots of alcohol numbs most pain. ;) Allison Janney seems to be more traumatized hearing that he fell. :eek: And it's interesting that Allison presented Rami both his Emmy and his Oscar awards. :thumbsup2

Probably. The four acting winners likely gathered for their group photo and he was returning to his seat to get ready to leave the theater when it happened.

I just read he was unable to do the group photo with the other acting winners, but is ok and was able to talk to the press backstage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter