The Official DIS Oscars LIVE PARTY Thread!!! TONITE: Red Carpet & QUEEN to open the Oscars!

All except Rami.

TELEMMGLPICT000189593079_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqqe94gVf5fwATDoCZ63F3bFnimEKN_wSPya1OD16I6gM.jpeg

He eventually posed in the group photo. Maybe this was at an after-party.

GettyImages-1127235999-e1551082759499.jpg

Last edited:
Aw man! I looked briefly for this thread last night but didn't see it :(. I saw all the movies up for Best Picture. My local theater had them all over 2 days, including all the live action and animated shorts. While I liked Green Book, I thought it was totally predictable. My favorite was A Star Is Born. Yes, it was a remake but I was on the edge of my seat thought the entire movie. I thought Lady Gaga was robbed and was NOT impressed by Olivia Colman's performance at all. I was OK with the rest of the awards. I didn't see If Beale Street Could Talk, so I can't speak to Regina King's performace. I was rooting for Rachel Weisz (who I looooved in The Favourite) or Amy Adams who was the glue in Vice.

Aw man! I looked briefly for this thread last night but didn't see it :(. I saw all the movies up for Best Picture. My local theater had them all over 2 days, including all the live action and animated shorts. While I liked Green Book, I thought it was totally predictable. My favorite was A Star Is Born. Yes, it was a remake but I was on the edge of my seat thought the entire movie. I thought Lady Gaga was robbed and was NOT impressed by Olivia Colman's performance at all. I was OK with the rest of the awards. I didn't see If Beale Street Could Talk, so I can't speak to Regina King's performace. I was rooting for Rachel Weisz (who I looooved in The Favourite) or Amy Adams who was the glue in Vice.

No way could I binge watch all the nominations in 2 days. Too many different moods, tones & stories. :eek: They would all all meld together after a while. :teleport: I have a hard enough time binging one TV show for a whole season.

Sometimes, a couple months later, I'll see an interview of a star talking about the season and he will discuss something that happened in the middle of the season. I'll go, "Huh? :confused: When did that happen?" And it's a major plot point. :blush: :lmao: :headache: I suppose binging till 2am doesn't help my memory retention. :upsidedow

No way could I binge watch all the nominations in 2 days. Too many different moods, tones & stories. :eek: They would all all meld together after a while. :teleport: I have a hard enough time binging one TV show for a whole season.

Sometimes, a couple months later, I'll see an interview of a star talking about the season and he will discuss something that happened in the middle of the season. I'll go, "Huh? :confused: When did that happen?" And it's a major plot point. :blush: :lmao: :headache: I suppose binging till 2am doesn't help my memory retention. :upsidedow

I would have loved to go see all the nominated films over 2 days....our local theatre had it and I was tempted but decided against it as I couldn't commit for two full days. I did go to the movies Saturday and saw everyone wearing their special lanyards indicating they were part of the 2 day thing. Unrelated to the Oscars but I saw Fighting With my Family and I really enjoyed it. Something I would never think I would like but I wanted to see something so chose that and liked it!!

MJ

Impressions of the Oscars, favorite moments:

Queen & Adam
The trio of favorite ladies, Amy, Tina, Maya
Chris Evans helping Regina King up the steps, being careful not to be touchy
Melissa’s bunny dress and the whole bit
Awkwafina and John Mulaney, funny
Bradley & GaGa just lovely. He’s lost his low range tho. His wife is gorgeous and smart, I don’t think she’s worried. Plus, they have a child (very private couple)
Realizing Rami is dating his BoRhap costar
Love Olivia Colman. Can she make all the speeches?

Wonderful, entertaining show! Until Green Book won, that was so out of left field. Spike Lee says he is cursed by driving movies, ha.

It was over 2 Saturdays so I had a week between them. I saw the animated shorts, The Favourite, Vice, Black Panther, and Bohemian Rhapsody last Saturday. I saw the live action shorts (all depressing!), Green Book, BlacKKKlansman, and A Star is Born the week before. We saw Roma on Friday.

LOVED Green Book, glad it won, sorry Viggo was passed over bc he is really one of my favorites and just loved the movie and his performance. Also loved A Star is Born. Those two were definitely my favorites. LOVED Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper's performance singing, they obviously have great affection for one another. Bradley Cooper is my favorite heartthrob, seriously he is so hot in that movie and singing with Lady Gaga, so romantic and dreamy! hehe.

Last edited:
:scared: Holy Crap! It's all those lines & swirls on the stage floor. I remember thinking last night that they create an optical illusion that could be dangerous.

Here's Rami after the fall:

Look at the floor onstage behind director Alfonso Cuarón, a swirling mess:

:sad2:

Apparently it wasn't right after receiving his Oscar, but somewhat later after the whole ceremony was over. The theater was mostly empty at the time.

You’re right, Imzadi. In the video looks like he just walked right off the stage. So dangerous :mad:

Impressions of the Oscars, favorite moments:

Queen & Adam
The trio of favorite ladies, Amy, Tina, Maya
Chris Evans helping Regina King up the steps, being careful not to be touchy
Melissa’s bunny dress and the whole bit
Awkwafina and John Mulaney, funny
Bradley & GaGa just lovely. He’s lost his low range tho. His wife is gorgeous and smart, I don’t think she’s worried. Plus, they have a child (very private couple)
Realizing Rami is dating his BoRhap costar
Love Olivia Colman. Can she make all the speeches?

Wonderful, entertaining show! Until Green Book won, that was so out of left field. Spike Lee says he is cursed by driving movies, ha.

That bunny dress was adorably hilarious! Especially the back :rotfl:

CB41EC50-1A61-4322-8387-2576D06B2229.jpeg

I saw some of the show, and caught up with all the details today....
I too was surprised by Green Book!!!!
Haven't seen it, but think it might actually be a really good movie.
I loved Mahershala's acceptance!!!
Regina Kings....
Yay Rami!
A lot of other really good, grateful, respectful and positive acceptance speeches.

Now, Spike... wow.... what OCD obsession with negativity and the past and hatefulness and division and obvious racism.
That kind of OCD obsession and hatefulness is toxic. Just TOXIC.

You’re right, Imzadi. In the video looks like he just walked right off the stage. So dangerous :mad:

Yeah, he was going pretty fast too. :mad:

That bunny dress was adorably hilarious! Especially the back :rotfl:

I liked this dress better than the real dresses she wears. The bunny dress had some style & whimsy. Melissa's own dresses are usually just drab & matronly.

Yes, that bunny dress/cape/whatever was incredible!!!!
The work that went into that...
And, the kicker was her opening the envelope with the stuffed bunny on her hand.
She is so hilarious!!!!!

Entertainment Tonight showed a quick blurb with Elton John out side of one of the Oscar parties and he threw some shade at Bohemian Rhapsody & Rami. Elton was talking about his movie, Rocketman, saying how, in his movie, HIS actor can really sing, unlike BoRhap, in which the songs were lipsynced,

Well, Elton, we'll see, next year, if your guy wins the Oscar. :hourglass

But, then it got me thinking, :scratchin I wonder, if Rocketman does get nominated, if Elton John may open the Oscars next year? :yay: I'd be up for that! :woohoo:

The Oscars may be onto something with no hosts. The ratings were up 12 points over last year and ended 36 minutes sooner. It may be nice to just have bands & performers open the show.

Last edited:
A few Oscar factoids:

15 women won Oscars this year. A record high. :thumbsup2 The last high was 12 women in 2007.

7 Black/African Americans won Oscars. Up from a high of 5. :thumbsup2

3 Oscar winners were of the Arab cultures. Rami Malek (Egyptian descent) being their biggest winner. :thumbsup2

3 Presenters were Asian: Michelle Yeoh, Constance Wu, & Awkwafina. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Entertainment Tonight showed a quick blurb with Elton John out side of one of the Oscar parties and he threw some shade at Bohemian Rhapsody & Rami. Elton was talking about his movie, Rocketman, saying how, in his movie, HIS actor can really sing, unlike BoRhap, in which the songs were lipsynced,

Well, Elton, we'll see, next year, if your guy wins the Oscar. :hourglass

But, then it got me thinking, :scratchin I wonder, if Rocketman does get nominated, if Elton John may open the Oscars next year? :yay: I'd be up for that! :woohoo:

The Oscars may be onto something with no hosts. The ratings were up 12 points over last year and ended 36 minutes sooner. It may be nice to just have bands & performers open the show.

I love Elton, but I’m going to throw a little shade at him right now over that comment.

I think it’s much easier to recreate Elton’s look with just about any actor. And many singing actors could probably sing like him too. I imagine it was much harder to recreate Freddie’s look and voice and get both right with just one person.

I am not a fan of his. He seems to make a lot of petty comments like this and just seems to have an overly large ego. No desire to see the movie based on him.

I agree that the Oscars should go host free in the future! Unless they can get Ellen or Melissa McCarthy to host!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter