<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Sci-fi Dine-in Theater Restaurant

Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Serving 4
Yield: 1 ½ cups

Marinade for Chicken
1 cup olive oil
3 tbsp herb seasoning
¼ cup lemon juice
3 fresh garlic minced
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped.

In a food processor, combine all ingredients and blend well.

4 6oz chicken breast, boneless
1 bunch fresh watercress, rinsed and drained
2 vine-ripe gourmet tomato, sliced
Balsamic glaze ( ½ cup of balsamic vinegar, reduced by ½)
4 each Kimmel Wick buns
4 tablespoons of Mayonnaise

Method:
Marinate Chicken Breast for 2 hours, grill chicken breast to its doneness.

To Build Sandwiches:
Toast the bun, spread a each bun with Mayonnaise, add a generous portion of watercress on bun, stack grill chicken over tomato slices and drizzle with balsamic glaze.

Just received this recipe the other day from an email from Disney. Thank you so much Tatania for those! You have a goldmine of them. If you have any more, please share!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your recipe. These days it's almost impossible to get Guest Services to share any recipes - and in, fact, many of them are quite tricky, . I've made several of the Sci-Fi ones and they're good - esp. the chili. Good luck with the party.

Hope the Sci-Fi recipes help. I've made several and they're good - esp. the chili.
I really appreciate it, that’s good to hear. I just posted one. If you don’t have it, definitely save it. If you have any others, please share. I’ve been on the hunt for them for so long!

Looking for the “Classic American Burger” from the Sci Fi Dine-In Theater. This is a current menu item.

Hi all, looking for a few more Sci Fi Dine-In Theater recipes: Food: Butcher Steak, Smoked Baby Back Ribs, Beef and Blue Salad, The Reuben, Mixed Greens, BLT Soup. Drinks: Marsha’s Martian, Solar Eclipse, Blue “Glow-tini” Inspired by The Year of a Million Dreams. Hope to get some of these, thank you guys! I just contacted Guest Services Tatania and will update you and everyone else if I get some more. Have a great week guys. :)

I posted the BLT soup recipe in the previous Sci-Fi diner recipe list under "Bacon Lettuce Tomato Soup"
When I was at the Sci-Fi diner last time they gave me a recipe card and that's what was on it. The Blue Glowtini is served all over Disney world and that recipe's been around for a couple years now: I've made it and it's very good.

Blue “Glow-tini”​

1 ounce Skyy Citrus Vodka
0.5 ounce Bols Blue Curacao
0.5 ounce Bols Peach Schnapps
1 ounce Sweet & Sour
0.5 ounce Pineapple Juice
1 each Blue Glow Cube (optional)

Prep:
Build in martini shaker with ice, shake, strain, and pour into glass with sugared rim. Add cube.

Tatania, are there any others you have from Sci Fi you haven’t aready posted? I am making a list and checking off discovered ones. Whichever ones aren’t all posted on here from you and me I’m going to continue contacting Disney to get them and I will post on here for everyone!

Update: A guest service employee who got me the Grilled Chicken Sandwich recipe is going to contact one of the chefs at Sci Fi to get more recipes I asked for. If anyone has others not currently listed on here, please let me know so I’m not searching for ones already known. I will update all interested shortly.

Today, I have a few exclusive recipes from the Disney Cruise Line where they have a Disney chef present how to cook a given meal and after, give out the recipes. I have these on paper and am transcribing them for everyone's use. I have more of these recipes as well, and would happily post them if I can have some assistance in obtaining more recipes from the Sci Fi Dine-In Restaurant from Hollywood Studios that aren't currently listed. Enjoy the recipes below.

Experience The Magic: Disney's Art Of Entertaining - Disney Cruise Line Recipes

Pumpkin Seed Crusted Lamb with Coconut Camote and Tomatillo Salsa

Ingredients:

Pumpkin Seed Crusted Lamb Ingredients

⦁ 2 each Lamb Loin (Bone Less)
⦁ 2 tblsp Dijon Mustard
⦁ 2 cups Panko (Japanese Bread crumb)
⦁ 1 cup Pumpkin Seeds (rough Chopped)
⦁ To taste Salt and Pepper
⦁ 1/4 cup Canola Oil
⦁ 1 to 2 tblsp Tomatillo Salsa
⦁ 3-4 oz Coconut Camote Mash

Coconut Camote Ingredients
⦁ 12 oz Camote or Boniata
⦁ 3-4 oz Coco Lopez
⦁ 1-2 oz Whipping Cream
⦁ 3 cups Water
⦁ To Taste Salt

Tomatillo Salsa Ingredients
⦁ 2 cups Tomatillo (1/4 inch Diced)
⦁ 1 tblsp Diced Fresh or jarred Jalapeno
⦁ 1/2 cup Diced Onion
⦁ 1 tblsp Chopped Garlic
⦁ 1 tblsp Lime Juice
⦁ 1 cup Red Pepper (1/4 inch diced)
⦁ 1 cup Yellow Pepper (1/4 inch diced)
⦁ 1 to 2 each Habanero Pepper Finely diced
⦁ 1-2 tblsp Sugar
⦁ 1 tblsp Salt
⦁ 1 tblsp Cracked Black Pepper
⦁ 1 to 2 oz Red Wine Vinegar
⦁ 2 tblsp Fresh Cilantro

Preparation:

Pumpkin Seed Crusted Lamb Preparation

1. Clean the loin and season with Salt and Pepper
2. Rub generously with Dijon Mustard
3. Mix the panko and Pumpkinseeds together
4. Press the crust into the lamb loin and store in refrigerator until ready to cook
5. Serve with Comate mash and Tomatillo salsa

Coconut Camote Preparation
1. Peel potatoes and place in pan with the water. Bring to a boil and simmer until tender
2. Drain the water and mash with the cream and Coco Lopez

Tomatillo Salsa Preparation
1. Dice all ingredients except Cilantro Mix well and chill
2. Just before service Chop the Cilantro and stir into the salsa

Churros With Milk Chocolate Kahlua Sauce

Ingredients:

Churro Ingredients

⦁ 2 1/2 Cups Water
⦁ 1/2 Cup Butter
⦁ 1 tsp Salt
⦁ 1/4 Cup Sugar
⦁ 1/4 Cup Corn, Soy or Canola Oil
⦁ 1 tsp All Spice
⦁ 2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
⦁ 1 tsp Mexican Vanilla Extract
⦁ 4 Eggs
⦁ 1 Cup Corn or Soy Oil (For Frying)
⦁ Cinnamon Sugar (1 Part Cinnamon 3 Parts Sugar)

Milk Chocolate Kahlua Sauce
⦁ 1 Cup Heavy Cream
⦁ 3 oz Kahlua
⦁ 4 oz Milk Chocolate

Preparation:

Churro Preparation

1. Heat water, butter, sugar, salt, 1/2 cup of oil, all spice to a rolling boil
2. Stir in flour over low heat until mixture forms a ball and stops sticking to the pan
3. Remove from heat add vanilla and Beat the eggs in one at a time be sure to mix thoroughly
4. Using a star tip Pipe directly into 360 degrees oil. And fry until they float remove from grease and toss in cinnamon sugar
5. Serve warm with Hot chocolate or chocolate dipping sauce

Method Milk Chocolate Kahlua
1. In a stainless bowl heat the cream and Kahlua to about 120 degrees. Over a double boiler
2. Whisk in the chocolate just getting it hot enough to melt the chocolate
3. Serve at room temp

Coconut and Key Lime Marinated Ceviche

Ingredients:

⦁ 12lb Bay Scallops
⦁ 12lb Red Snapper (3/8 inch dice)
⦁ 18 each Key Limes
⦁ 1/2 Cup Red Onion (1/4 Inch Dice)
⦁ 3/4 Poblano Peppers (1/4 Inch Dice)
⦁ 3/4 Cup Red Peppers (1/4 Inch Dice)
⦁ 3/4 Cup Red Onions (1/4 Inch Dice)
⦁ 1 Cup Coconut Milk
⦁ 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
⦁ 1 oz Tabasco Sauce
⦁ 1 tblspn Chopped Garlic
⦁ 1 tsp Black Pepper
⦁ 1 tblspn Kosher or Sea Salt

Preparation:
1. Drain the scallops and dice the snapper. Put them in a non reactive bowl.
2. Cover them completely with Fresh squeezed lime juice (12 to 14 Limes) Wrap with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator over night.
3. You can prep all but the cilantro ahead of time.
4. Dice the Peppers, cucumber and onion and chill.
5. About two hours before you are wanting to serve drain and rinse the seafood and mix all ingredients together. Using two to four of the remaining Key Limes depending how tart you want the final product.
6. Chill on an ice bath or in the freezer and serve ice cold.

This recipe was taken from the Disney Files Magazine (Summer 2021 issue)

Fall Family Falafel

The Jungle Naviation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen
Adventureland
Magic Kingdom

Falafel Mix Ingredients:

• 1/2 pound dried chickpeas
  • 8 cups cold water
  • 1/4 yellow onion
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/8 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
  • 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon chickpea flout
  • Vegetable oil for frying
Falafel Steps:

1. Soak chickpeas in water for 12-24 hours to rehydrate
  2. Rinse and drain beans. Blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes. Cool in an ice bath for 5 minutes.
  3. Grind drained chickpeas, onion, garlic, parsley, mint, cilantro, ground cumin, coriander, cayenne and coarse salt in food processor or meat grinder.
  4. Mix in baking powder and chickpea flout. Chill for 20 minutes in refrigerator.
  5. Scoop into 20 1-inch balls and fry at 350 degrees F for 4-6 minutes, until done.
Edamame Hummus Ingredients:

• 1 (16 oz) can garbanzo beans, dried
  • 1 cup shelled edamame
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more to taste
Garnish Ingredients:

• 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • Thinly sliced radish (optional)
Edamame Hummus Steps:

1. Puree garbanzo beans and edamame in a food processor. While food processor is running, slowing drizzle in all the oil and lemon juice.
  2. Add in cumin, cayenne, and salt blend until fully incorporated. Season with additional salt, if desired.
  3. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
To Serve:

Using a spoon, spread the hummus in a circular motion on your plate. Lay the falafel on top of the hummus. Garnish with the toasted pumpkin seeds, extra virgin olive oil, smoked paprika and, if you so choose, a few radish slices.

Chef's Note:

Make sure cooking oil remains consistent at 350 degrees F. If the oil is not warm enough, falafel may fall apart in the fryer.

*This recipe is taken from the Winter 2021 issue of the Disney Files magazine*

Au Gratin Potatoes

Empress Lilly Riverboat

Yield: Serves 4

Ingredients:
  • 2 large baking potatoes
  • 1 cup half and half
  • ½ tsp coarse salt
  • ¼ tsp pepper
  • ½ tsp celery salt
  • 1 tbsp finely grated onion (optional)
  • 3 tbsp grated cheddar cheese

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375℉. Bake potatoes 50-60 minutes, or until soft enough to pierce with a force. Refrigerate to cool, then peel and coarsely grate.
  2. Bring half and half and half almost to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add salt, pepper, celery salt, and, if you so desire, onion. Mix in grated potatoes.
  3. Reduce oven heat to 350℉. Spoon potatoes into buttered 1-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until browned and bubbly.

*This recipe is taken from the 2020 Spring/Summer issue of the Disney Files magazine*

HippopotoMai-Tai

Trader Sam's

Yield: 1 cocktail

Ingredients:
  • 1 oz light rum
  • 1 oz dark rum
  • ½ oz Orgeat almost syrup
  • ½ oz orange Curacao
  • ½ oz agave nectar
  • 1 oz fresh lime juice

Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker over ice cubes.
  2. Shake and strain into a cocktail glass(for best results, use a glass with a case) over crushed ice. (And for even more enchanting results, garnish with a skewered orange slice and cherry, along with a sprig of mint.)
Tip: If you're planning to consume more than one of these Polynesian potions, enjoy a glass of water (just the backside, of course) between cocktails so you don't lose your head.

*This recipe is taken from the Fall 2020 issue of the Disney Files magazine*

PB and J Rolls

Lamplight Lounge
Pixar Pier
Disney California Adventure Park

Yield: Serves 4 people

Ingredients:
  • 8 slices bread(white or wheat - your choice)
  • ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
  • ¾ cup strawberry or grape jelly

Directions:
  1. Cut crusts off bread, then flatten bread with a rolling pin until bread can bind after being rolled.
  2. Spread about 1 ½ tbsp of peanut butter evenly on each slice of flattened bread, leaving a small border on all sides (the peanut butter will spread as you roll).
  3. Starting with the longer side of your rolled out bread, gently roll up each bread slice in a spiral. Cut each roll into 4 even pieces, and place 8 pieces of rollups onto each plate, seam-side down.
  4. To prepare the jelly drizzle, place a quart-size disposable plastic freezer bag into a small cup, folding the first few inches of the bag over the top of the cup so you're left with a plastic-lined cup. Spoon jelly into the bag, gently shaking the bag to move jelly to the bottom. (Note: if the jelly is too thick to become a "drizzle", think it out before putting it in the bag by stirring it in a bowl with small amounts of warm water, adding water a spoonful at a time until your jelly reaches the desired consistency.)
  5. With all of the jelly now in the bag, remove the bag from the cup, squeeze out excess air from the bag, seal the bag with a few twists to the top of the bag, and then cut a small hole from a bottom corner of the bag with scissors.
  6. Holding right below the twisted top of the bag with one hand and guiding with your free hand, gently squeeze to drizzle the jelly over each peanut butter roll with a zigzag motion.
Recipe Hack: No time for the whole drizzle process? Using a squeezable bottle of jelly (squeezing it over your peanut butter rolls in that same zigzag motion) and skipping steps 4-6 will do in a pinch.

*This recipe is taken from the 2020 Winter issue of the Disney Files magazine*

Warm Chocolate Cake with Molten Raspberry-Caramel Center

Topolino's Terrace
Disney's Riviera Resort

Yield: 12 servings

Filling Ingredients:
  • 2 cups fresh raspberries
  • 1 cup chopped milk chocolate
  • 1 cup sugar
  • ¼ cup water
  • ¼ cup heavy cream
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • ⅛ tsp salt

Cake Batter Ingredients:
  • 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 4 cups chopped dark chocolate
  • 6 eggs
  • 6 egg yolks

Filling Directions:
  1. Place raspberries in a food processor and puree until smooth.
  2. Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
  3. Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Boil over medium heat and cook until golden brown.
  4. Remove from heat and whisk in heavy cream and purred raspberries. Pour over melted chocolate and stir with a spatula. Add butter and salt; stir until incorporated. Set aside.
Cake Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease ½ cup muffin tins or aluminum baking cups with unsalted butter.
  2. Sift powdered sugar, all-purpose flour, and salt into a small bowl.
  3. Melt butter and chocolate in microwave on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
  4. Whisk eggs and egg yolks in a medium bowl and add to chocolate mixture. Add in sifted powdered sugar mixture and whisk until smooth.
  5. Add ¼ cup of cake batter into each greased tin. Top with 1 tbsp of raspberry caramel and another ¼ cup of chocolate cake batter.
  6. Bake 9-10 minutes, until edges are baked but center is still soft. Rest for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm.
Chef's Tip: Serving with vanilla gelato or fresh berries puts this dish over the top.

Tatania, are there any others you have from Sci Fi you haven’t aready posted? I am making a list and checking off discovered ones. Whichever ones aren’t all posted on here from you and me I’m going to continue contacting Disney to get them and I will post on here for everyone!

Not sure if you've seen The Recipe Index thread. That thread lists what page number and post number in this thread each recipe is. It hasn't been updated since 2019 but The Recipe Index thread has these:

• Chipotle Honey BBQ Chicken Wings page 163:3252
  • Spinach & Artichoke Dip page 18:350
  • Spinach & Feta Spread page 49:979
  • 7 Bean Beef Chili page 49:961
  • BLT Soup page 49:961
  • Seared Marinated Tofu page 145:2897
  • Shrimp Penne Pasta page 49:961
  • Shrimp Pasta page 167:3329
  • Basmati Rice page 143:2897
  • Vegetable Potato Bake page 113:2251
  • Cucumber Salad page 154:3078
  • Mango Glaze page 145:2897
  • Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake pages 144:2873, 145:2897
  • Oreo Milk Shake page 145:2897
  • Sci-Fi Dine-In: BLT Soup review/tip page 59:1168
  • Sci-Fi Dine-In: 7 Bean Beef Chili review/tweak page 181:1613

*This recipe is taken from the Summer 2018 issue of the Disney Files magazine, and originally written in the book Eat Like Walt: The Wonderful World of Disney Food by Marcy Cariker Smothers*

Pineapple Polynesian Ribs

Tahitian Terrace
Disneyland

Yield: Serves 4

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups ketchup
  • ¼ cup soy sauce
  • ¼ cup pineapple juice
  • ¼ cup crushed pineapple (fresh of canned)
  • ¼ cup fresh orange juice (squeezing your own is best)
  • 1 tsp grated orange zest (gently grate the peel with a fine grater or zester, avoid the bitter white pith)
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp white vinegar
  • 3 whole cloves
  • 4 lbs pork spareribs or baby back ribs

Directions:
  1. Combine all sauce ingredients (everything but the ribs themselves) in a bowl and refrigerate overnight.
  2. Preheat oven to 275℉ (you're going to roast these ribs "low and slow").
  3. Pour your mixture through a strainer so you're left with a smooth basting sauce.
  4. Place ribs on a rack in a roasting pan or sheet pan.
  5. Roast for 2-3 hours, basting often with your sauce, until the meat separates easily from the bone.
Chef's Notes: With ample salt in the sauce's ketchup and soy sauce, these ribs don't require additional salt or rubs. While Disneyland chefs precut the ribs prior to cooking, it's recommended to roast the racks intact and slice just before serving.

Just got back from a week long trip to Disney World (possibly my last) and tried a lot of the on site food. I wasn't blown away by most of it - though the dinner at Sebastion's Bistro is very good - AND a good price for what you get. Even dishes that were raved about at the Food and Wine Festival like the Smoked Corned Beef with crispy potatoes from Flavors From Fire was far too salty for me. The Rocky Road cake was too dense and sweet and I threw half of it away. My lunch at Tiffins was good though the AC is is so cold it's like being in a meat locker. Couldn't wait to leave! I liked their Tropical Trifle but the chef couldn't give me the recipe. All I could get was the:

Spiced Tandoori Tofu from Tusker House.

8 oz. fried tofu (¾ inch dice and fried in hot oil)
¼ cup Tandoori marinade
16 oz. zucchini (¾ inch dice)
¼ cup Thai curry pesto
¼ cup olive-canola oil
1 teas. salt

Procedure
  1. Mix tofu with tandoori marinade
  2. Mix zucchini with pesto
  3. Heat oil in skillet over high heat, add zucchini mixture
  4. Sauté until almost done (al dente)
  5. Lower heat if needed, add Tandoori Tofu, sauté just enough to heat through, This will burn easily
  6. Season with salt

Yield 8 portions

Rocky Road Chocolate Cake
Epcot Food and Wine Festival, Flavors From Fire
Serves 8

SPICY SUGARED ALMONDS
1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
3 tablespoons water
3/4 cup unsalted almonds

CHOCOLATE GANACHE
6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
2/3 cup heavy cream

CHOCOLATE-BUTTERMILK CAKE
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup hot water

TOPPINGS
1 cup mini marshmallows
Sea salt
Reserved chocolate ganache

FOR SPICY SUGARED ALMONDS:

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
Combine 1 teaspoon sugar with the cinnamon and cayenne in a small bowl; set aside.
Stir remaining 1/3 cup sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until boiling. Carefully add almonds and stir frequently for 8-10 minutes, until water evaporates. Continue stirring for 2-3 minutes, until sugar begins to caramelize. Sprinkle cinnamon reserved mixture over almonds and stir to mix.
Carefully pour almonds onto prepared baking sheet, separating with spatula.
Cool completely, then coarsely chop. Store in airtight container up to 3 days.

FOR CHOCOLATE GANACHE:

Spray eight 6-ounce ramekins with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
Place chopped chocolate in a medium glass bowl.
Bring heavy cream to simmer in small saucepan over medium heat. Pour over chocolate. Let chocolate sit for 5 minutes, then stir until smooth.
Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of ganache in each ramekin and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Keep remaining ganache at room temperature until ready to serve.

FOR CHOCOLATE-BUTTERMILK CAKE:

Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add egg, oil, and buttermilk. Whisk to combine. Carefully add boiling water and whisk until batter is smooth.
Remove ramekins filled with ganache from refrigerator and fill each with 1/3 cup cake batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool 5-10 minutes before serving.

TO SERVE:

Carefully remove cakes from ramekins. Top each rock road cake with 2 tablespoons of mini marshmallows and 1 tablespoon of spicy-sweet almonds. Warm chocolate ganache in the microwave for 30 seconds on 50% power. Drizzle ganache over each cake and sprinkle with sea salt.

I have the 50th Anniversary cook book and if I have spare time I'll post some of those recipes.

cxmgaming - If I'm reading it correctly, the Coconut and Key Lime Marinated Ceviche calls for 12 pounds of scallops and 12 pounds of fish. This doesn't sound right. Could you have meant 1/2 of each?
From Delicious Disney - Walt Disney World - 50 year Anniversary Cookbook

A.Stroll.Through_Nature_Artists Point.jpg

A Stroll Through Nature

Storybook Dining at Artist Point with Snow White, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Serves 4

Beurre Blanc
1 lemon, juiced and zested
⅛ cup water
½ cup heavy cream
1 sprig fresh rosemary
3 sprigs fresh thyme
½ cup (1 stick) butter, cubed and chilled
Coarse salt, to taste

Gnocchi And Vegetables
1 bunch medium asparagus
¼ cup olive oil, divided
Coarse salt and freshly
ground black pepper, to taste
1 leek
1 clove garlic, minced
½ shallot, minced
16 ounces prepared gnocchi (frozen or fresh)
¼ cup dry white wine
1 lemon, zested
1½ cups grape tomatoes, halved
3 leaves fresh sage, cut chiffonade
½ cup baby arugula
¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan

For Beurre Blanc
Boil lemon juice and water in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
Add cream, rosemary, and thyme, and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is reduced by two-thirds. Remove herbs and whisk in the lemon zest, then butter, one cube at a time, whisking constantly and adding new pieces, lifting pan from heat occasionally to cool mixture. (Never let sauce come to a boil.) Season with salt. Set aside and keep warm.

For Gnocchi And Vegetables
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Trim asparagus and cut into 1-inch sections. Toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast at 350°F until tender, about 7 minutes. Set aside.
After discarding the dark green top, cut the leek in half lengthwise. Wash thoroughly, rub with olive oil, and season with salt. Grill until charred and tender. Set aside to cool, then slice in quarter-inch pieces. Set aside.
Heat remaining oil in a large flat-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallots, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
Add the gnocchi and sauté, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and seared.
Deglaze pan with white wine, stirring for 2 minutes. Stir in lemon zest, leek, asparagus, and tomatoes, cooking just until tomatoes are warmed through.
Add Beurre Blanc, sage, and baby arugula, lightly tossing to wilt arugula and coat gnocchi. Season to taste.
Remove from heat and top with freshly grated Parmesan. Serve immediately.

From Delicious Disney - Walt Disney World - 50 year Anniversary Cookbook

GOBI MANCHURIAN
Tiffins, Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Serves 4

Cauliflower
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon coarse salt
2 pounds fresh cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
2 cups cornstarch, for frying
Oil, for frying

Gobi Batter
1 cup all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour
½ teaspoon coarse salt

Manchurian Sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced ginger
¾ cup tamari or soy sauce
4 tablespoons ketchup
4 tablespoons rice wine
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
¼ Thai chili, minced
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Chopped cilantro and chopped scallions, for serving, optional

For Cauliflower
Bring 8 cups water, turmeric, and salt to a boil in a medium pan over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer, add cauliflower florets, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat, drain, and rinse in cold water to stop cooking. Set aside.

For Gobi Batter
Whisk together flour, 2 cups cold water, and salt in a medium stainless steel or glass bowl. Set aside.

For Manchurian Sauce
Preheat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in oil, garlic, and ginger. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, being careful not to brown. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low boil and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce thickens. Blend with an immersion blender or transfer to a blender and blend until smooth, if desired.

For Gobi Manchurian
With caution, heat oil in a deep fryer or pot to 350°F. Check by carefully dropping a small amount of batter into the hot oil; it should rise without browning.
Evenly coat cauliflower with batter, then lightly dredge in cornstarch. Carefully add a few florets at a time to the hot oil and fry until brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels, then toss in a bowl with warm Manchurian sauce.
Garnish with cilantro and scallions, if desired. Serve hot.

Quinoa Salad
Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery, Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Serves 6

1 cup red quinoa
1/2 cup white quinoa
3 cups water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1 cup chopped cucumber
1/2 cup chopped mint
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste

Combine water and quinoa in medium saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Cool quinoa in refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Place cooled quinoa in large mixing bowl. Add raisins, dried apricots, chopped red onion, cucumber, mint, lemon juice, and olive oil and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Batuuan Ronto Wrap
Black Spire Outpost, Hollywood Studios
Serves 8

Roasted Pork Shoulder
2 pounds pork butt
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons coarse salt
½ teaspoon black pepper

Ronto Wrap Slaw
⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
2½ tablespoons sambal
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup matchstick carrots
3 cups shredded cabbage

Peppercorn Sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon ground sumac
½ tablespoon coarse salt
¼ teaspoon ground coriander
⅛ teaspoon Szechuan peppercorns

Grilled Or Toasted Pita Bread
1 tablespoon canola oil
8 pita flatbreads

Grilled Sausages
8 (4-ounce) smoked sausages

For Roasted Pork Shoulder
Preheat oven to 300°F. Pat pork dry with paper towel. Rub with canola oil and season with salt and pepper.
Place seasoned pork butt on the rack of a roasting pan and cook for 3 hours, until pork is 160°F.
Cool for at least 15 minutes, then carve to ⅛-inch-thick slices.

For Ronto Wrap Slaw
Combine apple cider vinegar, sambal, sugar, canola oil, dried parsley, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
Add matchstick carrots and shredded cabbage and toss until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

For Peppercorn Sauce
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

For Grilled Or Toasted Pita Bread
Preheat grill or sauté pan over medium heat. Brush pan or grill with oil.
Toast bread for 1 minute on each side, until golden brown. Keep warm until ready to serve.

For Grilled Sausages
Preheat grill pan over medium heat for 5 minutes. Grill sausages for 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until internal
temperature reaches 160°F. Add reserved pork slices to pan and cook until golden brown on both sides.
Keep warm until ready to serve.

To Serve
Place 2 slices of pork roast on each piece of pita bread. Place one grilled sausage on top. Top each wrap with ½ cup of Ronto Wrap Slaw and drizzle with Peppercorn Sauce.

Castle Salad
Cinderella's Royal Table, Magic Kingdom, WDW
Serves 4

Salad
5 cups spring lettuce mix
3 cups chopped green kale
2 small Roasted Yellow Beets (recipe follows)
½ cup Macerated Raisins (recipe follows)
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
4 thinly sliced red radishes
Maple Vinaigrette, to taste (recipe follows)
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Candied Pumpkin Seeds (recipe follows)

Roasted Yellow Beets
2 small yellow beets
½ teaspoon vegetable oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper

Macerated Raisins
½ cup golden raisins
¼ cup chardonnay
2 tablespoons Riesling vinegar

Maple Vinaigrette
½ cup maple syrup
¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon coarse salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
⅔ cup vegetable oil

Candied Pumpkin Seeds
½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon salt

For Roasted Yellow Beets
Preheat oven to 400°F. Wash beets under cold running water, dry, and lightly coat with vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place beets in an oven-safe dish and cover with aluminum foil. Roast about 45 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and cool completely. Once cool, peel and dice into ½-inch squares.
For Macerated Raisins
Combine all ingredients in an airtight container and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Remove from soaking liquid just before preparing salad.
For Maple Vinaigrette
Whisk maple syrup, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in vegetable oil in a slow steady stream until oil completely emulsifies and vinaigrette thickens. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For Candied Pumpkin Seeds
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, thoroughly coating seeds. Spread mixture evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast about 10 minutes or until golden brown and caramelized, rotating baking sheet halfway through. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. Break into bite-size pieces.

To Serve

Combine lettuce, kale, beets, raisins, onions, and radishes in a large mixing bowl. Add maple vinaigrette to taste, tossing well. Season with salt and pepper. Top with candied pumpkin seeds.

Coriander-Seared Tuna With Blistered Shishito Peppers
The Boathouse, Disney Springs
Serves 4

Coriander Black Pepper Spice Blend
1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds
2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon coarse salt

Soy-Lime Vinaigrette
¼ cup tamari soy sauce
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons white sugar
2 tablespoons sambal
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons canola oil
Juice of 1 lime
½ tablespoon pureed ginger
½ tablespoon sesame oil
½ tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
½ teaspoon honey

Wasabi Mayonnaise
½ tablespoon wasabi powder
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
⅛ teaspoon coarse salt

Blistered Shishito Peppers
16 whole shishito peppers
2 tablespoons corn oil
¼ teaspoon coarse salt

Coriander-Seared Tuna
3 tablespoons coriander black pepper spice blend
4 (6-ounce) tuna steaks
¼ cup corn oil
½ cup soy-lime vinaigrette
4 tablespoons wasabi mayonnaise
4 tablespoons sriracha sauce

For Coriander Black Pepper Spice Blend
Toast coriander seeds by heating in a dry pan, stirring often so they do not burn. Seeds are ready when aroma intensifies and they are slightly golden in color. Cool to room temperature, then grind in a spice grinder to the texture of black pepper. Mix together ground coriander, black pepper, and salt.
For Soy-Lime Vinaigrette
Whisk all ingredients until well combined.
For Wasabi Mayonnaise
Mix wasabi powder with 1 teaspoon water until it forms a paste. Add mayonnaise and salt until well combined.
For Blistered Shishito Peppers
Toss together shishito peppers, oil, and salt until peppers are coated. Heat a medium sauté pan over medium heat for 1 minute. Place peppers into hot pan and cook on all sides until golden brown and tender. Remove from pan and set aside.

To Serve
Heavily season top and bottom of each tuna steak with coriander black pepper spice blend. Heat a large sauté pan over high heat for 1 minute. With caution, add corn oil to smoking hot sauté pan and sear tuna for 30 seconds on each side. The crust will brown and tuna will be rare. (Cook longer on each side if you prefer tuna to be more cooked through.) Remove tuna from pan and cut in half from corner to corner on a sharp angle.
Serve each tuna steak with 4 shishito peppers. Garnish with 2 tablespoons soy-lime vinaigrette, 1 tablespoon wasabi mayonnaise, and 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce.

Smoked Potato Salad With Warm Bacon Vinaigrette

The Polite Pig, Disney Springs
Serves 4-6

1 pound small marble potatoes, cut in half
½ cup whole-grain mustard
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 fresh thyme sprigs
2 fresh bay leaves
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, for seasoning potatoes
1 pound bacon, chopped into ½-inch pieces or dice
½ cup diced yellow onion
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup malt vinegar
5 ounces honey
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons mustard powder
1 tablespoon coarse salt
1 cup balsamic vinegar

Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a large bowl, toss potatoes, mustard, oil, thyme, and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Pour onto a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes or until tender. Transfer sheet tray to smoker and smoke for approximately 25 minutes at 250°F. While potatoes are smoking, cook bacon and onions in a large pot over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
Stir in apple cider vinegar, malt vinegar, honey, sugar, mustard powder, salt, and balsamic vinegar. Simmer over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until liquid thickens. Remove from heat and keep warm. Toss smoked potatoes with warm vinaigrette. Serve warm.
The warm vinegar- based potato salad with a touch of honey is a perfect side with smoked fish, chicken, or pork.

Curry Lentil Hummus With Yogurt Raita And Harissa
Three Bridges Bar & Grill, Coronado Springs Resort, WDW
Serves 6

Curry Lentil Hummus

2 cups dried red or yellow lentils
¾ cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
2½ tablespoons sunflower seed butter
½ cup fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon garam masala
1 tablespoon freshly chopped jalapeño
1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
¼ teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste

Yogurt Raita
½ medium cucumber
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 mint leaves, chopped
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon salt

Toppings
2 tablespoons harissa
2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pita chips, naan, or lavash, for serving

For Curry Lentil Hummus
Rinse lentils. Combine lentils and 6 cups water in a large stockpot and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain and cool to room temperature. Combine remaining ingredients except salt and pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add half the lentils and blend. Add remaining lentils, salt, and pepper, and blend until smooth. Season to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

For Yogurt Raita
Grate cucumber into a small bowl. Squeeze moisture from cucumber and place in a clean bowl.
Stir in yogurt, lemon juice, chopped mint, cumin, and salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

To Serve
Place hummus in serving bowl and top with desired amount of yogurt raita and harissa. Sprinkle toasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds and cilantro, then drizzle with olive oil. Serve with pita chips, warm naan, or lavash.

Pan-Seared Sustainable Golden Tilefish
Jiko—The Cooking Place, Animal Kingdom Lodge, WDW
Serves 6

Papaya Atchar
1 firm green papaya with seeds removed
1 watermelon radish
½ red onion
3 cups rice vinegar
1 cup olive oil
1⅛ cups sugar
2¾ tablespoons kosher salt
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1-inch piece of fresh ginger, sliced
½ teaspoon yellow mustard seed
¼ teaspoon black peppercorns
Pinch of red pepper flakes

Tomato Butter Sauce
¼ cup olive oil
½ medium-size Spanish onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup sherry vinegar
1 cup white wine, dry
½ cup tomato juice
½ cup heavy cream
½ pound (2 sticks) butter, cubed

Succotash
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup yellow onion, ¼-inch dice
2 garlic cloves, crushed
5 ears fresh corn, removed from cob
14 ounces cooked fava beans
2 ounces red wine vinegar
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
½ teaspoon chopped fresh dill
½ teaspoon chopped fresh chives
2 tablespoons unsalted butter

Tilefish
6 (6-ounce) golden tilefish fillets
¼ cup olive oil

For Papaya Atchar
Julienne the papaya, radish, and onion with a mandoline. Mix and place in large bowl.
In a pot, bring rice vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, garlic, ginger, mustard seed, peppercorns, and red pepper flakes to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes and strain into vegetable mixture. Stir well, mixing vegetables evenly. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve.

For Tomato Butter Sauce
Heat olive oil in sauté pan over medium heat, and cook onions and garlic 3 to 4 minutes until onions are translucent. Reduce heat to medium-low; add sherry vinegar and reduce to a syrupy consistency, about 10 minutes. Add wine and reduce by about 75 percent; add tomato juice and reduce again by about 50 percent.
While liquids are reducing, heat heavy cream over medium heat in a separate pan and reduce by about 50 percent. Slowly pour reduced cream into wine reduction. If making ahead, remove from heat, cool, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, reheat sauce over low heat; pour warm sauce into blender and add cubed butter. Blend at medium speed until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.

For Succotash
Preheat skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Sauté diced onions until translucent and add garlic, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic is fragrant.
Add corn and continue to cook another 3 to 4 minutes. Add fava beans and red wine vinegar, stirring until vinegar is reduced. Stir in tomatoes, thyme, dill, and chives. Finish by adding butter, and season with salt and pepper.

For Tilefish
Season tilefish with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large oven-safe sauté pan over high heat. Place fish in hot oil and cook until golden and just opaque in center, about 2 minutes on each side. Place pan in oven for 5 minutes to finish cooking.

To Serve
Ladle tomato butter sauce onto 6 serving plates. Evenly divide Succotash on each plate and top with tilefish. Garnish with Papaya Atchar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter