The Official GLEE thread

I am on the brink of deleting Glee from my DVR queue. I am just not at all interested in any of the new students (ie, the Rachel, Finn, Quinn, etc clones).

The old crowd aren't shown enough to really make me care about their stories either- if we got to see the others besides just Rachel and Kurt doing anything other than coming back to McKinley to hang around (please, how can these kids afford to fly back and forth to OH every other week? :rolleyes:), I would love it. Instead we get stories about pale imitations of the originals- and they are essentially the same stories told by the originals in the past seasons. I wish they would have just gone ahead with the spinoff focusing on the graduates- then I could watch it and not bother with the new kids nonsense.

This week's Grease episode just about bored me to tears. I am giving it one more week, then I am pulling the plug.

We don't have one and don't have any interest in getting one. :)

I would die without it. I don't get home from work until after the shows all start, so if I didn't have a dvr I wouldn't be able to watch anything. Plus the ability to pause the tv when the dogs start barking is priceless!! :thumbsup2

I am on the brink of deleting Glee from my DVR queue. I am just not at all interested in any of the new students (ie, the Rachel, Finn, Quinn, etc clones).

The old crowd aren't shown enough to really make me care about their stories either- if we got to see the others besides just Rachel and Kurt doing anything other than coming back to McKinley to hang around (please, how can these kids afford to fly back and forth to OH every other week? :rolleyes:), I would love it. Instead we get stories about pale imitations of the originals- and they are essentially the same stories told by the originals in the past seasons. I wish they would have just gone ahead with the spinoff focusing on the graduates- then I could watch it and not bother with the new kids nonsense.

This week's Grease episode just about bored me to tears. I am giving it one more week, then I am pulling the plug.

I love all the new characters...(but I think Kitty is just way way way too mean).

I don't really understand all of the new characters. I'm having a hard time figuring all their stories out. Was it all explained in the season premiere? I feel like I've missed an episode. I really really hate Kitty too, and am less than pleased with the bulimia storyline.

I loved "Glease", but BRODY OMG. Sorry hahah now i hate him even though he is VERY attractive :woohoo:. And i hate all the newbie clones of everyone. And that Mr.Shue is leaving for a while :sad1:

I don't really understand all of the new characters. I'm having a hard time figuring all their stories out. Was it all explained in the season premiere? I feel like I've missed an episode. I really really hate Kitty too, and am less than pleased with the bulimia storyline.

All you need to know (and pretty much all the intro the newbies got):

Kitty= mean Cheerio, aka New Quinn/Santana
Ryder= dumb jock type who is recruited by Finn, aka New Finn
Unique/Wade= gay/transgendered guy being bullied but with a sassy attitude and a set of pipes, aka New Kurt/Mercedes hybrid
Jake= Puck's misunderstood hoodlum half brother, aka New Puck
Marley= unpopular (because of her obese lunch lady mom) new girl with a golden voice, aka New Rachel

All you need to know (and pretty much all the intro the newbies got):

Kitty= mean Cheerio, aka New Quinn/Santana
Brody= dumb jock type who is recruited by Finn, aka New Finn
Unique/Wade= gay/transgendered guy being bullied but with a sassy attitude and a set of pipes, aka New Kurt/Mercedes hybrid
Jake= Puck's misunderstood hoodlum half brother, aka New Puck
Marley= unpopular (because of her obese lunch lady mom) new girl with a golden voice, aka New Rachel

Ryder is the new Finn. Brody is the guy at NYADA with Rachel.

Anyone else think it was painful to watch? Gangnam Style was a terrible choice... but that "Kiki??" dance.. I was so embarrassed for them. And sectionals on Thanksgiving.. really? Not liking at all the anorexia story. During Glease Marley was upset that the skirt kept getting tighter. But the leather pants she wore at the end still fit fine? She seems to have a loving/attentive mom. She doesn't notice her kid isn't eating or sleeping? Why did she jump from Ryder to the other guy? Just 'cause he didn't want to go out one Friday night?

I do like the new kids (or the actors that play them.. especially Ryder and Marley) but wish they weren't carbon copies of the other characters. Seems like such a cop out.

Doesn't Ryan Murphy have a new show this season? Maybe he's given up on Glee.

The only good thing at all was the phone call between Kurt and Blaine. Although I was surprised Kurt turned around so much. I thought he was going to tell Blaine he accepted his apology, not that he missed/loved him. (Although I'm glad he did.)

I really miss Damian, but at this point I think he is smart to stay away and try other projects. If you are a fan he has an EP coming out on itunes next week. After one day of presale the album was already in the top 20 of pop albums sold. Cameron Mitchell is releasing a holiday album there as well, and they will be doing a live Christmas show online together soon that looks fun.

I thought the reason the skirt is getting tighter is because Kitty is altering it, not because Marley is gaining weight.

I haven't seen the episode yet.

zoemurr said:
but shouldn't Marley be suspicious if the skin tight leather pants still fit ok?

Bulimia is a mental illness, it distorts her thinking. She's more likely to think "they're stretchy" or "purging works" than "someone is sabotaging me".

but that "Kiki??" dance.. I was so embarrassed for them.

Honestly, I LOVED 'Let's Have a Kiki'. It was a great choice for an 'orphans' Thanksgiving. I didn't like that they mashed it with that turkey song, they should have skipped that.

I don't really like the bulemia story, hopefully they will wrap it up soon.

Kitty comes across as the worst of Quinn. Quinn at least seemed redeemable; Kitty has no redeemable qualities.

Kurt & Blaine :love:

I have been pretty blah about the whole season. The eating disorder storyline just ticks me off. All of the sudden she turned into this girl with no self esteem who was swayed into an eating disorder with one comment from Kitty? And no one else fitting the costumes defended her against her nasty comments, or thought anything was suspicious? Please the girl is teeny tiny, no way they would think she is gaining weight!!!
And her mom says they will go on a diet together? wth was that about?

I loved the first number, with the old cast.
Still hate Quinn.
I have no idea what the Kiki song is, it was really weird, but the whole scene was rather fun. Except Rachel belting out turkey lurkey. The first time we have heard her sing much recently, and that's what we get?

Please keep Noah Puckerman in Ohio, I missed him!!!!!!!! Last night was about the first time I've had much interest. Until the end, when I just got annoyed. I told my dd about 25 minutes earlier, she will pass out during the performance.

Kitty is just a wretched human!!!! Ick!

OK, can you tell this show is making me angry this season? Not sure why I stilll watch. Because I hope for Glimpses of Puck and Mike, and I LOVE listening to Lea Michele sing.

I think last night was the best episode of the season just for the simple fact that the old cast was part of the show. I miss you Noah Puckerman!

I thought I might watch last night after not watching this season because of no Damian. I turned it off about half way through....not worth it. Actually, it bored me. Not watching any more and unsubscribing from this thread. It isn't worth my time anymore.

Wow I thought I accidentally got unsubscribed when I couldn't find this thread. No wonder, nothing since the fall? After what I heard about Thursday night's episode (I haven't watched it yet), I fully expected some discussion about it. It's the media over hyping the impact?

I think so many of us have stopped watching, or it's just been so bad lately, there has been nothing to say. As I posted on the other thread, this week was the first week we have watched out of the last 6, and I was not impressed.
And this is coming from someone who has every single song purchased from season 1 and 2, and every cd from season three, and saw the concert live, etc etc. For my dd and I, the show has just lost it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter