**** The Official October 2014 - Disneyland Resort Thread ****

Who is planning on attending Mickey's Halloween Party?

• Yes we are

• Not this trip

• Still unsure/ Depends on party dates

Results are only viewable after voting.
Less than 3 weeks now! We will be driving down on the 15th and returning on the 19th. I will have at least 3 full days in the park with maybe a quick stop on Sunday morning before we head home. We will be staying with family who live about 10 minutes away from the park.

Only 18 more days for us! My DD is turning 5 on Tuesday and she asked for an Elsa dress! Since I didn't know when they'd be coming in from Arendelle, I decided to make it for her! I'll share a picture of it a little later today :)

We're not doing MHP, but she will get to wear it to DL and her little sister will wear her Anna costume too! Getting so excited!!

1BzyMama2DnC said:
Only 18 more days for us! My DD is turning 5 on Tuesday and she asked for an Elsa dress! Since I didn't know when they'd be coming in from Arendelle, I decided to make it for her! I'll share a picture of it a little later today :)

We're not doing MHP, but she will get to wear it to DL and her little sister will wear her Anna costume too! Getting so excited!!

Can't wait to see dress pics! Happy birthday to your daughter!

we already have a bunch of us Oct DISers IN the parks... as of tomorrow (28th)the following group members are feeling the magic or already said their see ya laters...

• Jan Reed - Sept 22nd - 27th - Desert Inn & Suites
  • WestWind - Sept 25th - Oct 4th- Best Western Stovalls
  • valiamo - Sept 27th-Oct 4th - Fairfield Inn
  • heartse - Sept 28th-Oct 3rd - ???
  • cinderbellasmom - Sept 28th - Oct 3rd - Fairfield Inn
  • Suvadoo - Sept 28th - Oct 3rd - BW Stovall's
  • SusanMatt - Sept 28th-Oct 4th - DLH
  • Oodalolly- Sept. 28th- Oct. 3rd - Park Vue Inn

really hoping you all come and post and tell us some highlights...i am positive i'm not the only one who would love to hear all about it!!

everything is updated to here!!

Me three, lol! We leave next Saturday and I'm already starting to wonder what I've forgotten :lmao: It seemed like it took forever to get to the final month countdown and then time has been flying by in warp speed since then!

ncarrier said:
Me three, lol! We leave next Saturday and I'm already starting to wonder what I've forgotten :lmao: It seemed like it took forever to get to the final month countdown and then time has been flying by in warp speed since then!

I feel the same way! :)

Same here! We are driving down Saturday and I am already stressing over what pins to trade, how I should disney-fly my nails, what ears and outfits to wear, etc.
Once I get there I'm in my happy place, it's the week before we leave I stress!

Can't wait to see dress pics! Happy birthday to your daughter!

Thank you! Our surprise Disney trip is in celebration of her birthday as well as my younger daughter's earlier in September. We tried to do a September trip, but we just couldn't do it without them missing school. So October it is!

Does anyone know how or where we can purchase tickets for Mickey's Halloween Party for friday 10/31?
When making our hotel and park reservations back in May, our 'Cast Member' told us that he would add MHP tickets to our reservation.
Turns out, he did not, and now we do not have tickets. I will have 6 very sad children on this trip if I can't find tickets.
Tickets for this day have been sold out since September 5th.
Any ideas how to find tickets to purchase?
Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know how or where we can purchase tickets for Mickey's Halloween Party for friday 10/31?
When making our hotel and park reservations back in May, our 'Cast Member' told us that he would add MHP tickets to our reservation.
Turns out, he did not, and now we do not have tickets. I will have 6 very sad children on this trip if I can't find tickets.
Tickets for this day have been sold out since September 5th.
Any ideas how to find tickets to purchase?
Thanks in advance.

Tickets for October 31st have been sold out since September 11th (that was when the Disneyland Resort website first posted "Sold Out" in the 10/31 square on the calendar), and there were probably a few tickets available over the phone after that (but not now). We've been keeping track of all of the sellouts and when they happen in the Halloween Time at DLR Superthread (where we also talk about Mickey's Halloween Party a lot) in this post, this post and in this post.

Usually, guests of the onsite Disney hotels can get their MHP tickets added to their reservations on the day of the actual event. So you should be able to get your Halloween tickets from your Disney hotel on the morning of 10/31, and they will be added to your hotel bill. They only have a limited supply, though, so you have to act quickly. The tickets will not be available at the hotel prior to 10/31 -- only on the morning of.

Beyond that, the only option is to try to get tickets at the ticket booths on the day of the MHP, on Halloween. Go there early in the day, or as soon as the ticket booths open, and see if they have any available.

Tickets for October 31st have been sold out since September 11th (that was when the Disneyland Resort website first posted "Sold Out" in the 10/31 square on the calendar), and there were probably a few tickets available over the phone after that (but not now). We've been keeping track of all of the sellouts and when they happen in the Halloween Time at DLR Superthread (where we also talk about Mickey's Halloween Party a lot) in this post, this post and in this post.

Usually, guests of the onsite Disney hotels can get their MHP tickets added to their reservations on the day of the actual event. So you should be able to get your Halloween tickets from your Disney hotel on the morning of 10/31, and they will be added to your hotel bill. They only have a limited supply, though, so you have to act quickly. The tickets will not be available at the hotel prior to 10/31 -- only on the morning of.

Beyond that, the only option is to try to get tickets at the ticket booths on the day of the MHP, on Halloween. Go there early in the day, or as soon as the ticket booths open, and see if they have any available.

Thanks Sherry-
Yes, I know they are sold out now. But like I said, when we made the ressie, the guest service manager told us that he would add them to our reservation when they went on sale. He was moved to a different department, and never followed up. Sadly.
Now we don;t have tix.
I found some on ebay & stub hub- but was hoping maybe someone on this thread new of any super fantastic sites that also might tix for sale. Just a hope :-)

Thanks Sherry-
Yes, I know they are sold out now. But like I said, when we made the ressie, the guest service manager told us that he would add them to our reservation when they went on sale. He was moved to a different department, and never followed up. Sadly.
Now we don;t have tix.
I found some on ebay & stub hub- but was hoping maybe someone on this thread new of any super fantastic sites that also might tix for sale. Just a hope :-)

We don't advocate selling or buying tickets on this site. The tickets are non-transferable and not for resale, so we don't allow any discussion of anything that goes against Disney's policy. We have to delete any posts along those lines.

What I am saying is that you will be most likely be able to get tickets from your onsite Disney hotel (assuming you are staying onsite at a Disney hotel) on the actual day of the event, if you act quickly and get them in the morning. The hotel will not have them now, but they will have them on 10/31. They get a certain stash of tickets for guests who decide at the last minute that they want to go to the MHP, but it is a limited stash. I understand that the person who was supposed to put the tickets on your account/reservation did not do that, but that won't affect getting them on the morning of 10/31.

I know that you know the tickets are sold out. What I was saying in my previous post is that they were actually sold out as of 9/11, not as of 9/5, which was in your above post. So the tickets may have been available beyond 9/5 and up to 9/11 -- or even 9/12 -- over the phone.

We don't advocate selling or buying tickets on this site. The tickets are non-transferable and not for resale, so we don't allow any discussion of anything that goes against Disney's policy. We have to delete any posts along those lines.

What I am saying is that you will be most likely be able to get tickets from your onsite Disney hotel (assuming you are staying onsite at a Disney hotel) on the actual day of the event, if you act quickly and get them in the morning. The hotel will not have them now, but they will have them on 10/31. They get a certain stash of tickets for guests who decide at the last minute that they want to go to the MHP, but it is a limited stash. I understand that the person who was supposed to put the tickets on your account/reservation did not do that, but that won't affect getting them on the morning of 10/31.

I know that you know the tickets are sold out. What I was saying in my previous post is that they were actually sold out as of 9/11, not as of 9/5, which was in your above post. So the tickets may have been available beyond 9/5 and up to 9/11 -- or even 9/12 -- over the phone.

Thanks again for info Sherry--
I am fully aware that the tickets are completely sold out. I wasn't asking anyone to buy or sell tickets on this site.
I was just putting out a request in case anyone found sites or pages, for example many of the (unofficial) Disney Facebook pages or Twitter feeds, that might have tickets available for 10/31.
I have been consistently calling our hotel-The Grand California, Disney Travel, Disney Visa, you name it- I've called.
I was simply just asking if anyone on this site might know of something that I may have missed.

Thanks again for info Sherry-- I am fully aware that the tickets are completely sold out. I wasn't asking anyone to buy or sell tickets on this site. I was just putting out a request in case anyone found sites or pages, for example many of the (unofficial) Disney Facebook pages or Twitter feeds, that might have tickets available for 10/31. I have been consistently calling our hotel-The Grand California, Disney Travel, Disney Visa, you name it- I've called. I was simply just asking if anyone on this site might know of something that I may have missed.

Sorry read your post again. Lol maybe I need glasses

Thanks again for info Sherry--
I am fully aware that the tickets are completely sold out. I wasn't asking anyone to buy or sell tickets on this site.
I was just putting out a request in case anyone found sites or pages, for example many of the (unofficial) Disney Facebook pages or Twitter feeds, that might have tickets available for 10/31.
I have been consistently calling our hotel-The Grand California, Disney Travel, Disney Visa, you name it- I've called.
I was simply just asking if anyone on this site might know of something that I may have missed.

We don't even allow discussion of where to buy or sell Disney tickets unless it's through authorized Disney sites. Maybe you can ask on another site, but not here.:goodvibes

Again, your hotel -- the Grand Californian Hotel -- will almost certainly have a small supply of MHP tickets available on the morning of 10/31. Right now they will say they do not have any tickets, so calling about it now won't do any good. They will have the tickets on the morning of 10/31, and that's when you have to act quickly to get them. A certain number of tickets are held back and released to the hotels on the mornings of the events, not in advance, and those tickets are for hotel guests only.

Lynn, bottom line, just get up at the crack of dawn on 10/31 at GCH and see if you can get tickets from your hotel. Best chance.

So I forgot to update here that we booked our hotel last weekend- we will be staying at the Tropicana. Hoping it's a good experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter