**** The Official October 2014 - Disneyland Resort Thread ****

Who is planning on attending Mickey's Halloween Party?

• Yes we are

• Not this trip

• Still unsure/ Depends on party dates

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lynn, bottom line, just get up at the crack of dawn on 10/31 at GCH and see if you can get tickets from your hotel. Best chance.

So I forgot to update here that we booked our hotel last weekend- we will be staying at the Tropicana. Hoping it's a good experience.

Yes, I have heard that from everyone at the resort :-)
We do not arrive until 3pm on the 31st. My guess is that how ever many tickets the hotel would have, if any, would be gone by then.

But good news- I just secured 8 tickets. I pays to cast a large net!! Someone contacted me about a listing that they saw and I was able to quickly scoop them up. Whew!!
Thank you everyone for the suggestions and replies. It helped. :goodvibes:cool1:

But good news- I just secured 8 tickets. I pays to cast a large net!! Someone contacted me about a listing that they saw and I was able to quickly scoop them up. Whew!! Thank you everyone for the suggestions and replies. It helped. :goodvibes:cool1:

I would think part of the reason ticket inquiries at places that are not disney certified Is not allowed ( beside the obvious that it's against disney rules ) is that so many people fall victim to scammers that sell them fake tickets and ruining what is supposed to be a magical adventure. Nothing more vacation crushing than showing up at the gates only to find out the hundreds of dollars spent were all for nothing :( I have no idea where you got your tickets but I am pretty sure it wasn't from disney so I'm thinking your posts should be removed. In no way am I trying to be a hag, just want this thread full of helpful legit posts.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just finished our trip shirts, yes we're those people ;) They're actually Lego themed instead of Disney since our time at Disneyland will be MHP. Costumes are almost done. Getting pretty excited now:banana:

Request for those in DL now or soon

Can you find out if we can dress up in costume from park opening on MHP dates or is it just from party time on. I was told by a CM when I called that the day of the party we could show up at rope drop in costume and wear them all day but if that is so that apparently is new so makes me wonder if CM was misinformed. Appreciate the help in clearing it up, the more answers back the better :)

Also, is costume dress up only allowed in DLP or can you hop over to DCA while in costume???

I would think part of the reason ticket inquiries at places that are not disney certified Is not allowed ( beside the obvious that it's against disney rules ) is that so many people fall victim to scammers that sell them fake tickets and ruining what is supposed to be a magical adventure. Nothing more vacation crushing than showing up at the gates only to find out the hundreds of dollars spent were all for nothing :( I have no idea where you got your tickets but I am pretty sure it wasn't from disney so I'm thinking your posts should be removed. In no way am I trying to be a hag, just want this thread full of helpful legit posts.

I find this board to be super helpful. The knowledge of others on these threads is amazing.
When ever we go on a cruise, I always ask for suggestions on excursions. Many of the companies that are recommended by others on Dis Boarders are not "Disney Certified" - but they all work out fine. We have many times asked for recommendations for restaurants at different ports. Also not "Disney Certified"- also worked out fine- with no 'scams.'
Even on this thread, I've seen other posters ask about non-Disney hotels, and what experiences other people have had there. I don't see anyone else being a 'hag' about their posts? Why be worried about mine? :confused3

Just an fyi- I posted on every Disney and non Disney site I belong to, looking for suggestions on how to buy tickets for the Halloween party. I got an email from a local mom in one of my mother's group saying that her sister had tickets that she wasn't able to use. It was a win-win for both of us. :cool1::cool1:

I find this board to be super helpful. The knowledge of others on these threads is amazing. When ever we go on a cruise, I always ask for suggestions on excursions. Many of the companies that are recommended by others on Dis Boarders are not "Disney Certified" - but they all work out fine. We have many times asked for recommendations for restaurants at different ports. Also not "Disney Certified"- also worked out fine- with no 'scams.' Even on this thread, I've seen other posters ask about non-Disney hotels, and what experiences other people have had there. I don't see anyone else being a 'hag' about their posts? Why be worried about mine? :confused3 Just an fyi- I posted on every Disney and non Disney site I belong to, looking for suggestions on how to buy tickets for the Halloween party. I got an email from a local mom in one of my mother's group saying that her sister had tickets that she wasn't able to use. It was a win-win for both of us. :cool1::cool1:

The best I can explain in regards to your references as to why you don't see anyone else being a hag about other peoples posts talking about non disney hotels and such, it is not against disney rules or this sites rules to stay at non disney hotels and eat at non disney restaurants and such. It has been said to you numerous times that it IS against Disney rules to sell tickets. They are non transferable. Period. It is agains the rules here to discuss that Disney violation. I'm not picking on you it's just your posts violate the rules made by this site. Not my rules but this is my thread which is why I commented.

Dena, thanks for keeping the thread within the rules by providing reminders of policy. :)

Lynn, I hope the ticket situation works out for you.

We are allowed to give away tickets aren't we? For example, if my companion ferel through for the party, could I GIVE the ticket away? This is purely hypothetical, I'm just wondering.

Good morning! Just wanted to drop in and say we had another fabulous character interaction at Breakfast with Minnie and Friends. We saw Rafiki for the first time as well as Eeyore, Pooh, Chip and Dale, Captain Hook, the Fairy Godmother, Max, and of course Minnie herself. I really think it pays to have the first reservation of the day because that is the only time of day we have ever gone any the interaction was just fabulous. We try to sit in the atrium area that faces out to the Astro Orbiter and it's always terrific.

Good morning! Just wanted to drop in and say we had another fabulous character interaction at Breakfast with Minnie and Friends. We saw Rafiki for the first time as well as Eeyore, Pooh, Chip and Dale, Captain Hook, the Fairy Godmother, Max, and of course Minnie herself. I really think it pays to have the first reservation of the day because that is the only time of day we have ever gone any the interaction was just fabulous. We try to sit in the atrium area that faces out to the Astro Orbiter and it's always terrific.

Awesome!! I just love hearing about the fun times people are having! I sure hope that when we do our surfs up breakfast first slot we get the same results :)

We are allowed to give away tickets aren't we? For example, if my companion ferel through for the party, could I GIVE the ticket away? This is purely hypothetical, I'm just wondering.
Hypothetically speaking I see it that you can choose to GIVE your tickets to whomever you choose to give them to. They are not tied to a specific member of your party like say the tour tickets are.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I wasn't that creative I just copied an idea I saw. This isn't one I made but it was just like this. If you've seen the Lego movie or played with Legos in the 80's like I did you will recognize it as the Lego space logo.

Gave my daughter her Elsa dress for her birthday this morning! Finally got a chance to get pictures up. She gets to wear it on our surprise trip, but she still just thinks it's for her to wear at Halloween.

ElsaDress1_zpse958f91a.jpg

IMG_8205_zps45df4813.jpg

IMG_8216_zpsfd797d75.jpg

She loves it!

Gave my daughter her Elsa dress for her birthday this morning! Finally got a chance to get pictures up. She gets to wear it on our surprise trip, but she still just thinks it's for her to wear at Halloween. She loves it!

You've done beautiful work, wish I was handy with a needle and thread,

love the creativity flowing on this board :) good job guys :)

Thank you! I just couldn't leave it to chance. She begged for an Elsa dress literally all summer, so when not a single CM could confirm when they would be coming in, I decided to just make it happen. Now I'm thrilled that hers will be totally unique!

Getting closer and closer! Looking forward to Trip Reports from those who are there now! Just booked our stroller with City Stroller Rentals. They had great reviews, and I really needed to be able to take the stroller off property (carrying my 48lber after a full day of Disney is NOT on my list of things to do!).

Still trying to figure out how we're going to surprise the girls. We're considering just telling them we're going out of town with their Auntie(we only live an hour north of LA), checking into the hotel, and then taking them to DTD for dinner and walking them to the gates and letting them figure out where they are. They're only 4 and 5, so that might be too overwhelming, but we're debating. Thoughts?

We head to DL in twelve days!!! I am so excited! I can't believe I have managed to keep the secret for so long. With twelve days to go, I think I can do it. Mom and I are almost finished with all of the special projects, so it should get easier after that.

We head to DL in twelve days!!! I am so excited! I can't believe I have managed to keep the secret for so long. With twelve days to go, I think I can do it. Mom and I are almost finished with all of the special projects, so it should get easier after that.

I surprised my DD with a trip in 2010 that was just the two of us (DH and DS stayed home) and I thought I was going to burst with excitement. It was so hard to not tell her but so fun making it a complete surprise.

Hello everyone! I just have a quick question. I just received my travel package in the mail today and I was wondering about how the check in process works. My fiancée made the reservation and its on his credit card. We are getting married on the 24th and going to disneyland on the 25th. He put down on the reservation my new last name. Would that cause any problems checking in since my drivers license still has my maiden name on it?

Hello everyone! I just have a quick question. I just received my travel package in the mail today and I was wondering about how the check in process works. My fiancée made the reservation and its on his credit card. We are getting married on the 24th and going to disneyland on the 25th. He put down on the reservation my new last name. Would that cause any problems checking in since my drivers license still has my maiden name on it?
hopefully someone will be along with more info, my advice is to bring a copy of marriage certificate just in case. Congrats :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter