***The official September, 2016 Thread !!!***

Hi everyone! I think I am going to join in on this thread! We were planning on taking a Disney cruise in September 2016 but this weekend changed our minds and decided to go back to WDW with our best friends and kids. This trip will be a graduation trip for me after graduating Dental Hygiene school! Our last trip was Feb 2013 so we have been dying to go back. I am so excited to get started with planning..... it is one of my favorites parts of vacation! First is deciding what resort!!!

:welcome:Sommergirl25 !!!!! Congrats on finishing dental hygiene school ! My last trip was December 2012, so TONS of things have changed since we've been !!!

I just found this thread....I am SOOO glad I'm not the only one already planning and waiting for Sep 2016! I'm jumping in here....taking my family back to the World! We are looking at the first full week of Sep, so maybe right around Labor Day. Can't wait!! We went last year, my kids' first time, and we all need to go back already! LOL.
skippyman111, I think they usually offer Free Dining during September, due to slower crowds. But that also depends on where you're staying. I don't they offer it to the Deluxe Resorts, though. We are looking at POR since my parents, sisters, and brother will all be staying there as well. Disney Family Trip, woo hoo!:hmghost::stitch::goofy:

What does everyone have planned so far? I haven't been to the world in since '98, and my husband has never been, so I'm sure there will be a lot to do. We're planning on attending the MNSSHP and celebrating my husband's birthday and mom's birthday with a special dinner. Any good birthday dinner with toddlers recommendations?

Last year, we did Ohana's, at the Poly, for supper. It was amazing! The food is the best on property, and you have a view of Cinderella Castle! Fun atmosphere too. But our little ones were tired b/c it was a late ADR. Maybe wanna try earlier supper for that one. But definitely worth the wait!

I just found this thread....I am SOOO glad I'm not the only one already planning and waiting for Sep 2016! I'm jumping in here....taking my family back to the World! We are looking at the first full week of Sep, so maybe right around Labor Day. Can't wait!! We went last year, my kids' first time, and we all need to go back already! LOL.
skippyman111, I think they usually offer Free Dining during September, due to slower crowds. But that also depends on where you're staying. I don't they offer it to the Deluxe Resorts, though. We are looking at POR since my parents, sisters, and brother will all be staying there as well. Disney Family Trip, woo hoo!:hmghost::stitch::goofy:

:welcome: Ajjoplin1 !!!!! We are going the day after Labor day until the next Sunday (just for a week). We are gunning for AKL Savannah view, but may end up at POFQ which isn't a bad place to stay either !

Joining in yay!!! I'm in not sure just yet thinking of going last week of August to beginning of September planning for 2 weeks, haven't been back in a couple of years so doing all my research now, does anyone know how the crowds are that week?

Joining in yay!!! I'm in not sure just yet thinking of going last week of August to beginning of September planning for 2 weeks, haven't been back in a couple of years so doing all my research now, does anyone know how the crowds are that week?

:welcome: Happiest Mommy !!!! The weekend of Labor day is busy, but the day after (The Tuesday) is dead along with the next month or so. That is when we are going...

DH and I are will be checking in Sept 17, 2016 :dogdance:

:welcome: MinnieMe_63 !!! Glad you are with us !

Joining in! We last visited in 2013. We planned on waiting till 2017 but I just can't wait that long so September 10-18, 2016 it is! We plan on visiting the same resort we did last time, Art of Animation, mainly because our family is too big to get a room where we really want to go, the Beach Club.
Last time we went my daughter was an infant and this time she will be 3. I can't wait to experience Disney with my girl!
We won't be booking our trip until military discounts are announced for 2016 however.

:welcome:sweetyk83 !!!!! We are glad you joined our group !!! AoA is a great resort ! I'm sure you'll have a great time :jester:

:welcome:Sommergirl25 !!!!! Congrats on finishing dental hygiene school ! My last trip was December 2012, so TONS of things have changed since we've been !!!

Oh... I haven't finished yet. I have a long, grueling 10 months until I am finished! I guess I should have said we will be going after I finish school! I am hoping the planning will be a stress relief for this very difficult next 10 months!

Oh Bummer !!! I thought that meant you were finished. Oh well, you'll get there soon !

Hi! I hope you don't mind me joining this thread even though we haven't committed to September yet. I'm hoping you can help me in the decision making process! We are going in 2016, deciding between the week after thanksgiving and September (open to any dates in Sept but 6-16 looked like best time). Here's who we are: mom, dad, grandma, 6yo, 5yo, and 2.5yo (at the time of travel). Here are my thoughts-we went in Feb 2014 and the weather was perfect park weather but a just ok maybe even a bit chilly to swim (we're from Indiana). So I'd really like to have it a bit warmer for pool days bc were planning to stay at Beach Club and use the amazing pool. But would it be too hot or rainy for little kids at the park? Thanks for any input!

This will be my first trip in almost 30 years and my husband and daughter's first trip. The only thing I know for sure at this point is we will be traveling Sept. 10-17th, 2016!!! I am overwhelmed by everything at this point....sure was a lot easier when I was a kid and just showed up :tongue: We will be celebrating my 40th birthday, my husband's b-day, and my daughter's as well :cake: Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi! I hope you don't mind me joining this thread even though we haven't committed to September yet. I'm hoping you can help me in the decision making process! We are going in 2016, deciding between the week after thanksgiving and September (open to any dates in Sept but 6-16 looked like best time). Here's who we are: mom, dad, grandma, 6yo, 5yo, and 2.5yo (at the time of travel). Here are my thoughts-we went in Feb 2014 and the weather was perfect park weather but a just ok maybe even a bit chilly to swim (we're from Indiana). So I'd really like to have it a bit warmer for pool days bc were planning to stay at Beach Club and use the amazing pool. But would it be too hot or rainy for little kids at the park? Thanks for any input!

:welcome:4mybabes !!! September is a great time to visit, but it is hot. I'm from Texas, so 90 degrees isn't bad at all. That's perfect pool weather and there aren't many showers that pop up except for the usual afternoon one. You just need to weigh the fact that it will be hot in your decision making. Go to the park at open and come back to the hotel and swim/nap in the afternoon. Then, go back to a park (hop if you have the option on your tickets) and spend the evening. That's a great way to visit. You won't get to see everything, but hey - i've been 15 times and haven't seen everything either. Hope you have fun and feel free to ask any questions you need. We will be glad to help !

This will be my first trip in almost 30 years and my husband and daughter's first trip. The only thing I know for sure at this point is we will be traveling Sept. 10-17th, 2016!!! I am overwhelmed by everything at this point....sure was a lot easier when I was a kid and just showed up :tongue: We will be celebrating my 40th birthday, my husband's b-day, and my daughter's as well :cake: Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!
:welcome:lmm24293 !!!! Glad you are going back to the world finally ! I agree that back in the day (even back in 2005 when i first went as an adult) things seemed much simpler. FP+ is crazy. Trying to schedule meals is crazy too... Where are you going to be staying? Are you getting the dining plan? I would give you the same advice that I gave above - don't try to see everything. Have some down time built into your stay. It's gonna be hot in September, so come back to the hotel and chill out in the afternoons and go back to the parks in the evening. I think that's a good plan and I've been using it since 2005.

Feel free to let us know if you have questions. I'm not a travel agent, but I know a good one. I'm just a mouse junkie like everyone else.

Well I have my hotel choices narrowed down to 4 :P All-Star Movies, Pop Century, Coronado Springs, and Port Orleans Riverside! Can anyone give me their opinion as to which they liked the best and why?
We will be doing the dining plan but I am not sure if I should do the standard or deluxe plan at this point. We aren't really big eaters as far as having to have 3 meals a day but we do tend to snack throughout the day. I home school our daughter so it has become a bad habit with us :ssst:
Also, we will be driving from Va. so I am wondering if I should get tickets for the whole 9 days as well won't arrive till probably around 4 or so the first day and will probably leave around 9 or so on the last day....or if I should only buy tickets for the actual full days we will be at Disney? I am also a little confused....if we go into a park that morning, go back to the hotel for the afternoon and return to the same park that evening is that permitted? Do you need a park hopper pass for that? Sorry to bombard everyone with these questions::MickeyMo

Well I have my hotel choices narrowed down to 4 :P All-Star Movies, Pop Century, Coronado Springs, and Port Orleans Riverside! Can anyone give me their opinion as to which they liked the best and why?
We will be doing the dining plan but I am not sure if I should do the standard or deluxe plan at this point. We aren't really big eaters as far as having to have 3 meals a day but we do tend to snack throughout the day. I home school our daughter so it has become a bad habit with us :ssst:
Also, we will be driving from Va. so I am wondering if I should get tickets for the whole 9 days as well won't arrive till probably around 4 or so the first day and will probably leave around 9 or so on the last day....or if I should only buy tickets for the actual full days we will be at Disney? I am also a little confused....if we go into a park that morning, go back to the hotel for the afternoon and return to the same park that evening is that permitted? Do you need a park hopper pass for that? Sorry to bombard everyone with these questions::MickeyMo

I've stayed at Movies and POP out of those choices. In my opinion, the busses at Movies share with the other all star resorts and the walls at POP are paper thin (although they have their own busses). Also, Riverside is a beast to try and get a bus at because it's one bus that stops at all the stops within the resort, so if you are at the last stop, then you most likely won't get on the bus.

I would do the regular dining plan personally. That's what I always do as I'm not a big breakfast eater, so i get my counter service at lunch and sit down at dinner.

I wouldn't get tickets for the first and last days (unless the last day is leaving at 9 PM instead of AM). Go to downtown disney and shop the first and last days.

You can come back to the same park as many times as you want the same day without it being considered hopping.

Ask as many questions as you'd like.. We're here to help !

Looking forward to our trip over Labor Day weekend. We were there last year just weeks prior to 7 Dwarves Mine Train opened (though we had dinner at Be Our Guest). Looking forward to going again, we will be staying at Old Key West, our first time in quite a few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter