***The official September, 2016 Thread !!!***

Waiting until after our trip in 31 days (Sept 19 thru Sept. 26th 2015) to book our 2016 trip. We have some of it planned out already.

Sept. 24th thru Oct. 1st, 2016.
Resort: Port Orleans French Quarter
MNSSHP tickets along with the F&W Festival

We are going with my sister and bro-in-law and their two kids (9 y/o female, 4 y/o male).
Since the two turdburglars are still cheaper than the adults we are paying for them (Christmas and b-day presents for both of them)
It will be my bro-in-law, niece and nephews first trip to WDW and my DW and I's 7th trip in our 7 years of being married. :)
My DW and I will be doing most of the planning with input from the others. They have a few things they would like to do but aren't too picky which makes things a bit easier.

More updates will come over the next 397 days before the trip. :) lol

Looking forward to our trip over Labor Day weekend. We were there last year just weeks prior to 7 Dwarves Mine Train opened (though we had dinner at Be Our Guest). Looking forward to going again, we will be staying at Old Key West, our first time in quite a few years.

:welcome:Saxsoon !!! Glad you are part of the group. Hope you have a great time at OKW. I've heard nice things about that resort.

Waiting until after our trip in 31 days (Sept 19 thru Sept. 26th 2015) to book our 2016 trip. We have some of it planned out already.

Sept. 24th thru Oct. 1st, 2016.
Resort: Port Orleans French Quarter
MNSSHP tickets along with the F&W Festival

We are going with my sister and bro-in-law and their two kids (9 y/o female, 4 y/o male).
Since the two turdburglars are still cheaper than the adults we are paying for them (Christmas and b-day presents for both of them)
It will be my bro-in-law, niece and nephews first trip to WDW and my DW and I's 7th trip in our 7 years of being married. :)
My DW and I will be doing most of the planning with input from the others. They have a few things they would like to do but aren't too picky which makes things a bit easier.

More updates will come over the next 397 days before the trip. :) lol

:welcome:ArmyVet80 !!!! You'll love POFQ ! I've stayed there and it was wonderful. Nice and peaceful resort. We had a corner room on the 2nd floor overlooking the river. It was awesome !

:welcome:ArmyVet80 !!!! You'll love POFQ ! I've stayed there and it was wonderful. Nice and peaceful resort. We had a corner room on the 2nd floor overlooking the river. It was awesome !

Thanks. We have been to WDW every year we have been married with our 6th anniversary (and trip to WDW) coming up during our Sept 19th-26th trip. We have stayed at POFQ 4 of the 6 trips. It is our "home" resort. Our disneymoon trip we stayed in building 7 on the 2nd floor. It was a quick walk to Riverside. Our last trip we were in Building 1 on the 2nd floor which was very nice. The other trips have been Building 4 (for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon) and for our upcoming trip we are not sure of the room location yet.

We have also stayed at ASMu and CSR.
CSR was a nice resort but we were there during a convention and it seemed busy/crowded for how big it was.
ASMu was what we expected from an All-Star resort and we weren't at the resort very much. :) Not that it was bad but it wasn't a moderate (no hot tub and transportation was lack luster).

Old Key West is not quite like any of the other resorts. Our typical go tos are Boardwalk or Beach Club (we are original time share owners at Boardwalk since 2001 and we briefly owned timeshare at beach club, now recently own at OKW). I like being able to walk to the main lobby at each of the hotels because there is so much theme in the different hotel lobbies, but you get HUGE rooms at OKW. And it is so beautiful around there. My family is looking forward to our quick trip

We have hopes to go to WDW September 11 to the 20th. It will be myself, my wife of 29 years, my sister and her daughter. It is a late Celebration for my nieces graduation from high school.

The only issue is that my sisters house must sell before we can go. Fingers are crossed cause we are going to book it real soon.

I am thrilled to say we will be at WDW 9/6-9/16. We are staying at POR this time. I am so excited to finally get on SDMT! It opened right after we went home on our last trip. I was so bummed to have missed out. We thought we would be back the next September but we ended up getting pregnant and had to start a 3 year countdown to the next trip lol!

380 days seems like it is forever away! I am hoping to read about everyone's plans and getting our own planning started.

I am thrilled to say we will be at WDW 9/6-9/16. We are staying at POR this time. I am so excited to finally get on SDMT! It opened right after we went home on our last trip. I was so bummed to have missed out. We thought we would be back the next September but we ended up getting pregnant and had to start a 3 year countdown to the next trip lol!

380 days seems like it is forever away! I am hoping to read about everyone's plans and getting our own planning started.
:welcome:Daisy_77 !!! We are glad you are here. Yeah, SDMT is going to be cool ! Can't believe it's been 3 years since you've been. It's been more than 2 for me.

We have hopes to go to WDW September 11 to the 20th. It will be myself, my wife of 29 years, my sister and her daughter. It is a late Celebration for my nieces graduation from high school.

The only issue is that my sisters house must sell before we can go. Fingers are crossed cause we are going to book it real soon.
Hope to have our reservation made by the end of September. I want to see the expected crowds before settling on our dates. Expect it to be around the middle of the month.

Can't wait it has been too long.

I would also like to join this thread and was so glad to see it!! We went last September of 2014 and stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort, and are planning arriving September 9th, 2016 and leaving September 17th for 8 nights. I do not think I will book until (hopefully) Free Dinning comes out. It does seem like a long time away but soon it will be less than a year away. I have thought about opening a Disney Vacation Account through Disney and wondered if anyone had done so? Just so I could start paying on my trip. So excited to see others are planning their trips!!

Hey skippyman111

I am going next September!! So excited. Just booked and paid a deposit tonight!! I leave UK on 24th September and am in Orlando for 2 weeks! Can't wait. I haven't been to Orlando since 2007 so lots of new stuff for me to see!! xx

Hey skippyman111

I am going next September!! So excited. Just booked and paid a deposit tonight!! I leave UK on 24th September and am in Orlando for 2 weeks! Can't wait. I haven't been to Orlando since 2007 so lots of new stuff for me to see!! xx
:welcome: Clairenutter !!! Glad you joined us !!! Where in the UK do you live? My wife is from England. More specifically, around York in a village called Caewood.

I would also like to join this thread and was so glad to see it!! We went last September of 2014 and stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort, and are planning arriving September 9th, 2016 and leaving September 17th for 8 nights. I do not think I will book until (hopefully) Free Dinning comes out. It does seem like a long time away but soon it will be less than a year away. I have thought about opening a Disney Vacation Account through Disney and wondered if anyone had done so? Just so I could start paying on my trip. So excited to see others are planning their trips!!
:welcome:Jamieluvsdisney !!!! Glad you joined us !!! I've never had a Disney savings account, but maybe one of our other members can chime in on that one.

Hope to have our reservation made by the end of September. I want to see the expected crowds before settling on our dates. Expect it to be around the middle of the month.

Can't wait it has been too long.

Grandma4ever - Did the house sell? If not, I sure hope it sells soon ! You need another trip to the World !!!

The house is being repaired now and will begin to be shown real soon. I know it will sell I just hope to get a good price for it.

You are right we need this trip. To top it off it will be our 30 year anniversary celebration.

I am excited to see so many on this thread already. It seems that there may be an opportunity to meet up with a few folks during our visit.

:welcome: Clairenutter !!! Glad you joined us !!! Where in the UK do you live? My wife is from England. More specifically, around York in a village called Caewood.

Hey Skippyman111. I from a town called Ayr in Scotland. I live in Alloway not sure that you will have heard of it. It's where Robert Burns the Scottish poet was born. It's on the west coast around 30 miles from Glasgow. I have never been to Caewood but I visited York when I was a child. It's a lovely city. Where a outs in the USA do you live?

Hey Skippyman111. I from a town called Ayr in Scotland. I live in Alloway not sure that you will have heard of it. It's where Robert Burns the Scottish poet was born. It's on the west coast around 30 miles from Glasgow. I have never been to Caewood but I visited York when I was a child. It's a lovely city. Where a outs in the USA do you live?
My Wife and I currently live in Fort Worth, Texas. I've lived here all of my life except for 5 years of college in Oklahoma. It's a great place to live. A bit hot in the summer, but i'm used to it.

My Wife and I currently live in Fort Worth, Texas. I've lived here all of my life except for 5 years of college in Oklahoma. It's a great place to live. A bit hot in the summer, but i'm used to it.
Texas sounds like am nice place to stay. Not sure I could cope with the heat. Would like to visit Texas sometime. I love holidays in the USA but my number one choice is always Florida. I love the mouse too much. Lol

Texas sounds like am nice place to stay. Not sure I could cope with the heat. Would like to visit Texas sometime. I love holidays in the USA but my number one choice is always Florida. I love the mouse too much. Lol

Yeah the heat in Texas hovers around 98-103 in the summer. That is 37-39 C. That's hot hot hot !! I agree though - if I wasn't working for a living, I would live in Florida !

Yeah the heat in Texas hovers around 98-103 in the summer. That is 37-39 C. That's hot hot hot !! I agree though - if I wasn't working for a living, I would live in Florida !

Wow that is very warm!! I was in Australia at the start of the year. We stayed in Brisbane and it hit 37c and was really humid. I couldn't cope with heat like that lol. It's the end of summer and 13c today!! just wish Orlando was much closer to me! Lol.

September 1-10 here! Mother-daughter trip! So excited! Art of Animation - Little Mermaid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter