*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Not a September specific question but hopefully someone here can help with a question about magic bands - My wife and I are going in a couple weeks with another couple and staying at the Swan. The two of us have annual passes, and the other couple bought tickets and linked them to their MDE account. The first question is how do I know which magic band is currently linked to my account, I have like 10 of them in the top of my closet and not sure which one was our most recent trip, and which bands belong to which person. Second, is there a way to take 2 of the extra bands and link them to the other couples MDE account so they can use those to get into the parks / fast passes / etc.
You can link a magic band to your AP in MDE but you cannot transfer them to another person, ie) the other couple

Little over 2 weeks until we go and I've got to squeeze in a eye test, dentists appointment and a hairdressers appointment!! Everything goes wrong at once!

Very helpful thank you. I'm not used to hurricane study :) We will be there until the 22nd. We do have the good old trip insurance. There's been a lot of stuff going on that is making me feel like we picked the wrong time to go but hopefully this won't be one of them.
Well, we'll be there the 23rd - 29th, so if you picked the wrong time, at least you'll have company. :rotfl2:

Not a September specific question but hopefully someone here can help with a question about magic bands - My wife and I are going in a couple weeks with another couple and staying at the Swan. The two of us have annual passes, and the other couple bought tickets and linked them to their MDE account. The first question is how do I know which magic band is currently linked to my account, I have like 10 of them in the top of my closet and not sure which one was our most recent trip, and which bands belong to which person. Second, is there a way to take 2 of the extra bands and link them to the other couples MDE account so they can use those to get into the parks / fast passes / etc.
You have to go on MDE on your puter and look at the Magicbands and ticket tab and it will show you which are active and which not. I don't think you can link MB to anyone else tho

If you look at the back of the MagicBands they should have names on each of the bands. The member's name defaults to each band unless you change the name when you customize the band. If you go into your MDE account and scroll down to MagicBands and cards, you will see a list of all of your MBs and cards. Each band and card will have a really long serial number. Just match the serial number to the band or card. The bands are listed in chronological order with the newest bands at the top of the list and the oldest at the bottom.

You won't be able to give any of your bands to anyone else.

Can someone recently at MK tell me if Tom Sawyer Island is open with the river refurbishments going on? It was closed last year when we went and my boys really want to go exploring. Thanks

Same here-- got a boarding position (on Southwest) late in the A group, which should get me a decent seat on the plane. Now to see if I can figure out which side of the plane gives me the best odds of maybe catching a glimpse of Disney on approach to MCO... ;)

Checked in on MDE back on Wednesday and crowds were crazy low almost everywhere-- like, 40 minute posted wait time for FoP in the middle of the day low. Would be nice to get some of that next week too.

6 days left for me!!
I've been busy the last few days and time has been flying by! The excitement is starting to catch up to me and I find myself unable to sleep. I think about going to bed at a reasonable hour and then think of all the things I have left to do, and then it just snowballs from there.

I got all of the things I ordered from Amazon, so have 98% of the items I need to start packing. I'm waiting for our shirts for MNSSHP to arrive from the Etsy seller I ordered them from, and the contact lenses I mistakenly ordered late and won't get here until Tuesday (whoops!) I finished making mine and DH's Donald and Daisy Duck hats, and last night finished two bows to go with my interchangeable headband (Rapunzel and Ariel.) It looks like a glitter bomb went off in my office. I went out to lunch with a friend today and no matter how much I scrubbed, I still have glitter all over my face and neck. I look nuts! :rotfl:

DH is anxious to get packing, since we NEVER wait this long to pack. I am too, but the problem is that this is the first trip we're taking where we actually need some of the clothes we're bringing...like shorts. I may suck it up and pack them just to get it out of the way and where my old ratty things for the next week. I also don't want him to pack because I'm going to try using the packing cubes and he doesn't share my "vision."

I've been watching the weather closely. I'm relieved to see that Florence doesn't appear to be making an impact to Florida at this time. But, it does look like it'll be impacting the East Coast at some point this week. I'm watching my email to see if Southwest sends out a travel advisory. If they do, there's a good chance I'll try to fly out on Wednesday instead of waiting until Thursday. I was planning on bringing my work laptop with me anyway just in case we got stuck in Florida, so if I do have to fly out a day early, I'll just work from the hotel on Thursday.

6 days left for me!!
I've been busy the last few days and time has been flying by! The excitement is starting to catch up to me and I find myself unable to sleep. I think about going to bed at a reasonable hour and then think of all the things I have left to do, and then it just snowballs from there.

I got all of the things I ordered from Amazon, so have 98% of the items I need to start packing. I'm waiting for our shirts for MNSSHP to arrive from the Etsy seller I ordered them from, and the contact lenses I mistakenly ordered late and won't get here until Tuesday (whoops!) I finished making mine and DH's Donald and Daisy Duck hats, and last night finished two bows to go with my interchangeable headband (Rapunzel and Ariel.) It looks like a glitter bomb went off in my office. I went out to lunch with a friend today and no matter how much I scrubbed, I still have glitter all over my face and neck. I look nuts! :rotfl:

DH is anxious to get packing, since we NEVER wait this long to pack. I am too, but the problem is that this is the first trip we're taking where we actually need some of the clothes we're bringing...like shorts. I may suck it up and pack them just to get it out of the way and where my old ratty things for the next week. I also don't want him to pack because I'm going to try using the packing cubes and he doesn't share my "vision."

I've been watching the weather closely. I'm relieved to see that Florence doesn't appear to be making an impact to Florida at this time. But, it does look like it'll be impacting the East Coast at some point this week. I'm watching my email to see if Southwest sends out a travel advisory. If they do, there's a good chance I'll try to fly out on Wednesday instead of waiting until Thursday. I was planning on bringing my work laptop with me anyway just in case we got stuck in Florida, so if I do have to fly out a day early, I'll just work from the hotel on Thursday.
Yes Florence is making me slightly nervous since we are driving through the Carolinas Friday. If it follows current projections, it’s just about right there. But The red x’s way out are the ones that make me more nervous because you just don’t know what they will do at this time. Hopefully nothing. But I watched this little yellow x last year turn into Irma so I can’t help but worry about everything. I know after living in Florida and going every year at this time how silly it is to worry or look every day, but I still can’t help it.
I’m with you on the packing. I haven’t even started. All I have is my duffle of stuff like toiletries that I’ve been buying and tossing in. I wish my DH wanted to pack like yours. He’s the one tossing clothes into his suitcase as I’m packing up the car every trip. :sad2:The kids are getting clothes out as I speak. Like you said, we are still wearing shorts, so tough to pack. Which party are you going to? We are going 18th.

Same here-- got a boarding position (on Southwest) late in the A group, which should get me a decent seat on the plane. Now to see if I can figure out which side of the plane gives me the best odds of maybe catching a glimpse of Disney on approach to MCO... ;)

Checked in on MDE back on Wednesday and crowds were crazy low almost everywhere-- like, 40 minute posted wait time for FoP in the middle of the day low. Would be nice to get some of that next week too.
Yes, it was dead here most of the week, especially Wednesday while I was at HS! Seemed busier today but I was at Epcot. There were a lot of people checking in to the Boardwalk as I was leaving just now. On the tragical express to the airport!

Last edited:
Yes Florence is making me slightly nervous since we are driving through the Carolinas Friday. If it follows current projections, it’s just about right there. But The red x’s way out are the ones that make me more nervous because you just don’t know what they will do at this time. Hopefully nothing. But I watched this little yellow x last year turn into Irma so I can’t help but worry about everything. I know after living in Florida and going every year at this time how silly it is to worry or look every day, but I still can’t help it.
I’m with you on the packing. I haven’t even started. All I have is my duffle of stuff like toiletries that I’ve been buying and tossing in. I wish my DH wanted to pack like yours. He’s the one tossing clothes into his suitcase as I’m packing up the car every trip. :sad2:The kids are getting clothes out as I speak. Like you said, we are still wearing shorts, so tough to pack. Which party are you going to? We are going 18th.
I hear you...I get major weather anxiety so I like to pack everything I own and plan for every possible scenario, but this time of year it's hard to do that. All we can do is watch the weather and have backup plans for our backup plans. At least with driving you can take a roundabout route, and as much of a pain as that is, if it'd mean you'd get to Disney okay it'd probably be worth it.

We're attending the 9/16 party. I hope the low crowds people are reporting from this last week continue through for the next couple of weeks!

18 days! I can almost taste the Mickey Pretzel and the Dole Whip now.

Is anyone else who's arriving in late September worried about the hurricane treat? Should I? I'm not used to travel around this time and not used to hurricanes at all! Is there a particular one I should be keeping my eye on?

18 days! I can almost taste the Mickey Pretzel and the Dole Whip now.

Is anyone else who's arriving in late September worried about the hurricane treat? Should I? I'm not used to travel around this time and not used to hurricanes at all! Is there a particular one I should be keeping my eye on?
I’m also arriving late September, so here is hoping we don’t get hit with a hurricane!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter