*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

I wanted to go to get the No Way Jose but now I'm thinking maybe I should surprise the kids with Kitchen Sink. They would go NUTS!

Do people go and just get ice cream or is the food worth it too?

Burgers are supposedly good. I have an unnatural fear of hamburger . So I can't say for sure. LOL

Only catch is - the red lights and announcement if someone before you orders it

I've had the No Way Jose' before...it was tasty, but I'm a PB lover! I really want to go to Beaches & Cream to try the real food. Someone (I think @ariane37 ?) had posted about the grilled cheese sandwich in a dining review, and I keep thinking about it, but haven't been able to snag a reservation.

I was able to snag one for us today with 13 days to go! We are on the Dining plan and have all of our ADR's set in stone and I don't want to cancel any of them so we will be paying OOP. Disney can just keep taking my money. :D

We’re on the DDP too. We had all our ADRs sorted, but I had two Planet Hollywood ressies on different days and realised none of those days would be good to go to DS at all. So I cancelled both and went to find a different day for it as I really want to go. We had way too many ADRs in DS anyway (Planet Hollywood, T-REX, The Edison & Ragland Road), so I swapped Ragland Road for Planet Hollywood and then we’ve got Beaches & Cream on our Pool Day/Epcot for the evening day.

I wanted to go to get the No Way Jose but now I'm thinking maybe I should surprise the kids with Kitchen Sink. They would go NUTS!

Do people go and just get ice cream or is the food worth it too?

I've had the No Way Jose' before...it was tasty, but I'm a PB lover! I really want to go to Beaches & Cream to try the real food. Someone (I think @ariane37 ?) had posted about the grilled cheese sandwich in a dining review, and I keep thinking about it, but haven't been able to snag a reservation.
Yes it was me! The grilled cheese is delicious :goodvibes @Momma_Lanier people do go just for ice cream but many eat. We've eaten there a few times and enjoy the food: kids think the burgers are really good, DH likes what he gets (burgers? Reuben? Patty melt? I'd have to check my dining report lol) and I LOVE the grilled cheese and tomato soup. Nothing fancy but made well, tastes good, not expensive as far as Disney restaurants go :thumbsup2

Yes it was me! The grilled cheese is delicious :goodvibes @Momma_Lanier people do go just for ice cream but many eat. We've eaten there a few times and enjoy the food: kids think the burgers are really good, DH likes what he gets (burgers? Reuben? Patty melt? I'd have to check my dining report lol) and I LOVE the grilled cheese and tomato soup. Nothing fancy but made well, tastes good, not expensive as far as Disney restaurants go :thumbsup2

Sounds yummy! We got it for right around when we normally eat dinner so may get some real food before the ice cream! I’m glad to hear it’s not expensive since we’re paying OOP!

So bummed that we can't get a Candy Sushi reservation on 9/9 :( But the crazy thing is the Frozen Dessert party is still available. We don't want to do the party since we have VIP viewing for illuminations but the candy sushi sounds right up our ally. Not giving up! Gonna check as often as I can.

So bummed that we can't get a Candy Sushi reservation on 9/9 :( But the crazy thing is the Frozen Dessert party is still available. We don't want to do the party since we have VIP viewing for illuminations but the candy sushi sounds right up our ally. Not giving up! Gonna check as often as I can.

I wasn’t able to get one for any of our Epcot days either. People snagged them up quickly!

Got a notification that our MB shipped today! Softens the blow of a huge car repair bill and having to buy a new dishwasher. Those still REALLY stink, but at least my magic bands are on the way!

Refrigerator died last month. Luckily, it could be revived for $550. Another $300 - 400 to replace the contents that couldn't be saved.

Count me in! We leave on Aug 30, we are driving :drive:. Will arrive on Aug 31 at ASMo and switching to POP on Sept 1!
Our party is 3 adults and a 3 year old. Sept 1-10! I simply can't sit still anymore I will be looking at preliminary packing this weekend....like a rough draft run. I am currently trying to get my college online classes good and done a month ahead... :scared:

Thanks! I made it for our "Disney Dawgs" stroller sign for the parks. My husband is a fan of the new bulldog logo, but this one is still my favorite. It really brings out conversation in the parks.
We're a few days ahead of you - we check in on 9/14. Crazy how many Northeast Georgia folks there are in this thread!
I'm thinking about using a UGA car flag on our stroller! GO DAWGS!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter