*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

UGH! So frustrated..I'm about to throw my computer through the window lol! I've been trying to make fastpasses for the last 30 minutes and I've managed to make only 3. The system is being so horrible. Luckily, I did get FOP and SDD so at least those are done but grrrrr..I am getting so mad.
I have a friend who is a Disney planner and he posted on his Facebook page this morning that it took him about 3 times as long today to do FPs for his clients. He also said that he just doesn't understand how a company with so much money and technology can have such a horrible website.

I have a friend who is a Disney planner and he posted on his Facebook page this morning that it took him about 3 times as long today to do FPs for his clients. He also said that he just doesn't understand how a company with so much money and technology can have such a horrible website.
Yep. It took me 3 hours and 15 minutes to finish. It's very ridiculous. It would be more understandable if this was just a fluke but this happens way too often with them. It has gotten old.

Got FoP for 9/5 and SDD for 9/6. Had plenty of availability and had my choice of pretty much any time I wanted.
What a morning that was tho :surfweb:

We have very similar plans! I saw you post about EMM on 9/4, too. There will be a few of us there!

Sorry for the issues some of you had with FPs this morning! What a pain!
It is astonishing to me that such a huge company allows their website to suck so bad!

My FP day was Sunday and it went fine, got pretty much everything I wanted.
Due to the posts about issues this morning, I went online to double-check my FPs and it was telling me they were all for a party of 1 (me). I about had a heart attack, but when I went on the app, it shows the correct party of 4. Why do you do these things to us, Disney??

After all the drama I was able to secure Slinky (1 at night 60+4 and 1 in the morning 60 +6). It's available just about anytime after day 4.

Also got FoP for day 5 evening and day 7 morning. I've made multiple changes in the last half hour with plenty of choices.

That worries me a little because my AK day is Day 1, and DHS day is Day 2. I'm trying to build in time later in the week to go back to both parks, but it worries me what's going to be available when I have to make my FP's.

Also, I just want to say how happy I am to have this board and Disney-minded folks to plan with. My beloved dog of 14 years Peanut passed away last week. It's been really difficult adjusting to life without her, but spending time planning and being on the boards has really helped. Glad I have something happy to look forward to this year.

Also, I just want to say how happy I am to have this board and Disney-minded folks to plan with. My beloved dog of 14 years Peanut passed away last week. It's been really difficult adjusting to life without her, but spending time planning and being on the boards has really helped. Glad I have something happy to look forward to this year.

Aww I am so sorry about Peanut :( I know how much it hurts...they truly are members of our family :hug:

And yes, it is wonderful having this board to share our Disney obsession lol.

Depends what kind of split stay you have. What kind of tickets do you have? For instance, we did a split stay last November. 2 nights room only, then 6 nights free dining package. 8 day tickets were attached to the free dining stay. I could make FPs for the 2nd stay only. So 60 days from the 3rd day of our trip. I could not make FPs for our first 2 days, because no tickets were attached to that stay. When we got there, we activated our tickets at guest relations and then could make FPs for that day and the next day.
I got Dolphin off hotwire, GF and Poly are dvc rentals and I bought tix from The Official Ticket Center and just added them to MDE

Who else is "Disney training?" I am trying to walk at least 60 minutes a day. I started at 73 days until Disney and have done 12 days straight. I don't want to miss more than 7 days out of that 73 if possible.

Tonight was perfect Disney training weather as it was still 90 degrees and ridiculously humid at 8:30 PM. I looked at the weather earlier this evening and it was 16 degrees hotter here than in Orlando! Yuck! I'm in Michigan, so that just does not seem right.
I just bought a gently used treadmill today and am going to start walking daily, I didn't use to need to but due to health issues I now need to or end up using a scooter which I don't want to do..

That worries me a little because my AK day is Day 1, and DHS day is Day 2. I'm trying to build in time later in the week to go back to both parks, but it worries me what's going to be available when I have to make my FP's.

I would try and move them out.

:hug:

So....do we think HS hours will be extended in September? I know AK didn't, but Pandora also opened up a month earlier than TSL, so I'm hoping they are, 'cause 8:30 seems awfully early, and I want plenty of time to enjoy TSL in the dark! :)

Aww I am so sorry about Peanut :( I know how much it hurts...they truly are members of our family :hug:

And yes, it is wonderful having this board to share our Disney obsession lol.

Aww, thanks.

I would try and move them out.

:hug:
I've been thinking about it but would require massive changes to ADR's and such. I mean, we are rope drop people so we'll be there at opening to ride FoP and SDD, but maybe I need to swap some of my AK/HS time with Epcot time I have planned later in the week. Hmmm

And now I begin my agonizing over food choices. It never ends!!!
Same!
I realized today that with my current plans and already booked parties, I'll have dessert parties 3 nights in a row on 9/15(SWGS), 9/16(MNSSHP Terrace), and 9/17(HEA.) Definitely going to have to figure out what I can move around. I'm considering cancelling the HEA party entirely but we've never seen it and I'm scared of how bad the crowds will be.

Just made my FP selection, here's my current plan.

Sep 2:
Land at MCO around 3pm
Disney Springs (tentative)
See Happily Ever After from TTC (tentative)

Sep 3:
Be Our Guest Pre-Park Opening 8:25 AM, then Meet and Greet with the princesses at rope drop.
Plan A: Hop immediately to Epcot. 12:25 PM reservation for Akershus and hope to ride Frozen Ever After on Standby, then hop to Animal Kingdom
Plan B: Stay longer in MK then hop to Animal Kingdom

FP:
4:45pm: Kilimanjaro Safaris (may miss it and just explore instead, meet Pocahontas, jungle trek etc)
5:50pm: Expedition Everest (I know I could do single rider but don't know what else to FP)
7:00pm: Flight of Passage

Sep 4:
EMM at Magic Kingdom
Plan A: stay in MK all day, then evening EMH at Epcot (tentative)
Plan B: hop to Epcot in the afternoon and hope to ride Frozen Ever After on standby then 5:20 PM Akershus reservation

FP:
9:45am: Space Mountain
11:00am: Enchanted Tales with Belle
1:00pm: Haunted Mansion

Akershus reservation 5:20pm just in case I want to do plan B. The reason for this early dinner is if I don't see HEA on Sep 2 or if I don't like the view from TTC, I want the option to hop back to MK to see it. Tentative evening EMH at Epcot to catch Frozen Ever After if standby time for it was too long in the afternoon

Last edited:
We have very similar plans! I saw you post about EMM on 9/4, too. There will be a few of us there!
Yes, we do! I've also seen quite a few people saying they're doing EMM on 9/4. Super exciting :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter