• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Yep. I can tell we are about to start our Disney Vacation! Last year 3 days before we left I broke my 4th toe and had to limp around for our whole stay. Now today, just about 30 minutes ago my girls wanted to swim in their small blow up pool so I drug it out and got the reel hose (just washed the car for the trip) and brought it back around to the back yard. As I was hooking up the hose, I had my leg next to a small table where we sit and I got attacked by wasp! I didn't see the huge nest under the table which is now smashed along with all the dead wasp that I took my revenge on. So now I'm sitting with a cold pack on the back of my left leg trying to get the swelling to go down from all 4 stings. I really need this vacation. SMH.

Ouch, hopefully it won't be too bad by the time you go. Last time I went to WDW I was still recovering from a very badly broken leg, but this time I should be injury free.

Just under 39 hours to go until our plane takes off now :banana: I've finally dragged out our suitcases and have barely started to pack. It's only 7 hours until I have to get up for my last shift at work though, so I need to start thinking of going to bed as well (it's just after 9pm in UK time and I get up at 4.30am for work :scared: )

3 weeks and 2 days until we leave! Just pulled out the suitcases and threw a couple things in. Clothes will have to wait, since we're still using all our summer stuff. This is new to me... Usually we travel somewhere warm when it's cold, so I'm able to pack early. I only have to pack for myself, though, and not me and 2 kids, so that should make it easier. DH can fend for himself!

10 days to go for me!! I went to the store yesterday to get all of our toiletries and other random items we'll need for our trip. I've been collecting things as we go, but still managed to spend $150...not sure how that happened! I'm waiting for 3 more shirts from Etsy to show up, and I'll have all of our clothes ready to go.
DH wanted to start packing today, but it's sunny and 90 out, so I convinced him to go to his sister's house to hang out with my nieces and swim in their pool.
I did kind of the same thing on Friday. "Let's see... I need some makeup wipes and dry shampoo..." $150 later, I was leaving Target. Ha!

I actually decided last week to do custom prince/princess t-shirts, and the guy who does the merchandise for my husband's work is helping me surprise him with them. So I can't wait to see those. I think they're going to be perfect... completely Disney with a nod to our anniversary AND an inside joke. I just hope I don't become an outcast because I had to leave Snow off the princess list - just not enough room for everyone. ;)

11 days until my Mom arrives to keep the kids, 12 until we're on a plane!

This is our plan, yes I know it’s a lot of food and a lot of bouncing around but it’s ok for us :) it’s my sister and
Her families first trip and my mom/stepdad and my families 3rd! So excited

Attachments

• DD533678-4807-4D93-B9F7-C72868107129.jpeg
    DD533678-4807-4D93-B9F7-C72868107129.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 24

Yep. I can tell we are about to start our Disney Vacation! Last year 3 days before we left I broke my 4th toe and had to limp around for our whole stay. Now today, just about 30 minutes ago my girls wanted to swim in their small blow up pool so I drug it out and got the reel hose (just washed the car for the trip) and brought it back around to the back yard. As I was hooking up the hose, I had my leg next to a small table where we sit and I got attacked by wasp! I didn't see the huge nest under the table which is now smashed along with all the dead wasp that I took my revenge on. So now I'm sitting with a cold pack on the back of my left leg trying to get the swelling to go down from all 4 stings. I really need this vacation. SMH.

Ouch!! I don't have a history of getting injured before my trips, but today I was practically bouncing around Target and smashed my shin on the metal bar at the bottom of my cart. It hurt like heck and I bruise like a peach, so I'll definitely have a shiner for our trip...which starts Thursday!!!!

I spent the rest of the day packing my things and I'm about 95% done. I washed my makeup brushes today, so I can't pack those until they dry, and I'll also need my curling iron the morning of our trip. But all clothes and the rest of the trip essentials are ready to go!

Last edited:
Been super quiet lately bc we didn’t know our trip was 100% happening due to husbands work, sons school and crazy flight times... but over the past 3 weeks everything has worked out perfectly and we are about 24 hours out from our flight taking off!!! Our son still doesn’t know and I can’t wait to pick him up early from school and surprise him tomorrow!!! Mickey my man, I’m coming for you!!!

Been super quiet lately bc we didn’t know our trip was 100% happening due to husbands work, sons school and crazy flight times... but over the past 3 weeks everything has worked out perfectly and we are about 24 hours out from our flight taking off!!! Our son still doesn’t know and I can’t wait to pick him up early from school and surprise him tomorrow!!! Mickey my man, I’m coming for you!!!
How exciting! I've always wanted to surprise my kids with a trip that way, but I'm afraid I could never pull it off.

Ouch!! I don't have a history of getting injured before my trips, but today I was practically bouncing around Target and smashed my shin on the metal bar at the bottom of my cart. It hurt like heck and I bruise like a peach, so I'll definitely have a shiner for our trip...which starts Thursday!!!!

I spent the rest of the day packing my things and I'm about 95% done. I washed my makeup brushes today, so I can't pack those until they dry, and I'll also need my curling iron the morning of our trip. But all clothes and the rest of and trip essentials are ready to go!

You washed your make-up brushes??? WOW. I bought a new one for my OL but have never washed them for a trip. I award you most dediucated packer!

You washed your make-up brushes??? WOW. I bought a new one for my OL but have never washed them for a trip. I award you most dediucated packer!

Oh yes! I have a pretty large collection and wash them all about every two weeks. I like having a fresh set for a trip just as much as I like having fresh and clean clothes. Fortunately my collection is large enough that I can wash and pack the trip brushes and still have plenty of options for applying makeup the days leading up to the trip ;)

Just remembered I do have one more item coming via Amazon Prime tomorrow that will need to be packed—a micro travel umbrella! I've done ponchos and I've done a high-quality rain jacket and neither were ideal. I'm thinking a small umbrella respectfully carried for strolls around the World Showcase may be better? It's at least worth a try...

DH and I will be at HS on 9/15 too :) I'll have on a pair of Buzz and Woody Toy Story ears, and we're both tall. If you see us say hi!
We'll be in HS on the 15th :goodvibes That's our "4 park" day and we're starting at HS so we'll probably only be there until 11ish before heading to Epcot to eat!

For EMM, I will be wearing a black tshirt with mickey and minnie looking scared and the letters MM

Ouch, hopefully it won't be too bad by the time you go. Last time I went to WDW I was still recovering from a very badly broken leg, but this time I should be injury free.

Just under 39 hours to go until our plane takes off now :banana: I've finally dragged out our suitcases and have barely started to pack. It's only 7 hours until I have to get up for my last shift at work though, so I need to start thinking of going to bed as well (it's just after 9pm in UK time and I get up at 4.30am for work :scared: )

What kind of work do you do? That's so early. It will come in handy if you have an early flight though, safe travels.

What kind of work do you do? That's so early. It will come in handy if you have an early flight though, safe travels.

Thanks. I work in a warehouse that deals with online clothing orders (for a UK branch of Walmart). I work permanent 6am to 2pm. So yeah it'll be easier getting up for the flight tomorrow. I've just come home from work now, so I'm officially done with work before my holiday :dance3:

Oh yes! I have a pretty large collection and wash them all about every two weeks. I like having a fresh set for a trip just as much as I like having fresh and clean clothes. Fortunately my collection is large enough that I can wash and pack the trip brushes and still have plenty of options for applying makeup the days leading up to the trip ;)

Just remembered I do have one more item coming via Amazon Prime tomorrow that will need to be packed—a micro travel umbrella! I've done ponchos and I've done a high-quality rain jacket and neither were ideal. I'm thinking a small umbrella respectfully carried for strolls around the World Showcase may be better? It's at least worth a try...

I have a combo. Poncho for light showers. Umbrella and poncho for medium. LL Bean rain coat and umbrella for heavy or all day.

Thanks. I work in a warehouse that deals with online clothing orders (for a UK branch of Walmart). I work permanent 6am to 2pm. So yeah it'll be easier getting up for the flight tomorrow. I've just come home from work now, so I'm officially done with work before my holiday :dance3:

Ohhh so very jealous. Six more hours today and all day tomorrow. Normally, that would be a cake walk
Sadly, we are in complete disarray here with an openly hostile environment towards existing employees.

Doing the single digit dance here today!! (And totally freaking out because I feel like I still have SO much to do!) :crazy2:
It is also approximately 4,000 degrees here in New Hampshire, which doesn't help my energy level, plus I'm literally sticking to my desk, which doesn't exactly make me want to break out the hot glue gun and finish making the two bows I designed for my headband. But, I guess I should grab a backpack and go walk around my neighborhood or something since this is basically what it's going to be like in Florida. So glad I left lots of free time in the schedule so we can take pool/room breaks. This princess from the north doesn't deal well with the heat and humidity! :sad2:
On a happier note...all of the random crap I ordered online is starting to come in! I love getting mail and seeing boxes and stuff besides bills. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter